Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Bummer. No back up for 'Mission Critical Equipment'? I bet we don't catch you on that one again.......

I often carry a Ego T supply and adapter and loaded cart in a Doob Tube and (of course) have never been caught short. Small package in a handy pocket. Having a backup makes me pretty casual about battery charge (another problem that can blindside you). A few times I've grabbed the wrong vape and headed into the garden to supervise the day and been saved the walk back with that little backup (the battery is a bit smaller than the Doob Tube).

I also keep an original Omicron pen in it's case with a loaded cart and charger bits (wall and car) for trips. I just upgraded that to the new Omicron Light, neat vape, BTW. If I still worked, I'd probably keep it in the trunk? I'm in a MMJ state with a card, which makes it legal, of course not all are.

Bummer you're caught out. How's your headache? Need to go home?

OF

Ya mission critical equipment should be treated like NASA with back up plans of b,c and d.... And wouldn't you know it I almost grabbed my flight box this morning too and decided not to because my current strain cherry pie doesn't have the most discrete smell lol. It's been a bad month for my pen vapes though I usually carry the Persei and 2 Ego-T's but I managed to have one ego fail after more then a year and the other I fried when I didn't notice e-juice had dripped into the button :doh: . Then I killed my Ego-w cart the other day when I took a phone call mid session, and forgot I didn't put in my 18650 before I put my 2.5 ohm on there :doh:

Once I get all set up again I think I will only pack my day bag with either high or low voltage on the road......

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
just wondering something

does 1 5ohm cart on 7.4 produce clouds like 2 2.4ohm on 7.4 ?
if so I think I'm gonna load up my next wax in a 5cart since I already have 2 full 2.4s
Well I only have 1 x 2.4 cart left.
2 x 5.0 carts empty 1 full.
Dual Head Single Cart get it done!
5.0 cart 7.4V dual head!
dspersei_zpsd4d4d1f3.jpg

ataxian,
Have you guys run across a new cart that wasn't "dead" on arrival, but "dying" on arrival?

Last night I filled a 2.4 cart and was getting only very wispy vapor. I'm pretty sure the Persei top and batteries weren't the problem because I swapped in a different 2.4 cart and it worked fine.

The "dying" cart from last night gets hot to the touch, but doesn't produce the normal amount of vapor that I enjoy.

Is there a way to revive this cart? When I ohm it out on the Iris, it reads 2.5. Should I increase the voltage using the Iris? Or am I SOL?

tharealmclovin

Have you guys run across a new cart that wasn't "dead" on arrival, but "dying" on arrival?

Last night I filled a 2.4 cart and was getting only very wispy vapor. I'm pretty sure the Persei top and batteries weren't the problem because I swapped in a different 2.4 cart and it worked fine.

The "dying" cart from last night gets hot to the touch, but doesn't produce the normal amount of vapor that I enjoy.

Is there a way to revive this cart? When I ohm it out on the Iris, it reads 2.5. Should I increase the voltage using the Iris? Or am I SOL?
If I were you...Id put it up to 4.5 volts and hit it as much as possible til it was leaking or gumming up. Id even toy with higher just to see what happens. but be careful, I was loading a 2.4 on my persei and accidentally held the button down at 7.4. that cart was ruined before I even hit it.

Once you dont want to smoke it anymore, id save it and ISO soak your carts. I just made a batch of coconut oil from my cart reclaim. 5.5g of reclaim oil into a cup of coconut oil. Smoothie are fantastic :tup:

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

you are POSITIVE that the load is melted all the way down? if it reads 2.5 both heaters should be working, right? hmmm

If I were you...Id put it up to 4.5 volts and hit it as much as possible til it was leaking or gumming up. Id even toy with higher just to see what happens. but be careful, I was loading a 2.4 on my persei and accidentally held the button down at 7.4. that cart was ruined before I even hit it.

Once you dont want to smoke it anymore, id save it and ISO soak your carts. I just made a batch of coconut oil from my cart reclaim. 5.5g of reclaim oil into a cup of coconut oil. Smoothie are fantastic :tup:

you are POSITIVE that the load is melted all the way down? if it reads 2.5 both heaters should be working, right? hmmm

I'm pretty sure it's melted down all the way; I've filled more than a few carts in my day. :myday:

Yeah, I figured that since it read 2.5 it should be working fine. When I get home I'll heat it up with my torch lighter and see if it improves otherwise I'll play around with higher voltages as trm suggested.

Thanks!

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
5.0 cart 7.4V dual head!
dspersei_zpsd4d4d1f3.jpg
Ataxian,
I was thinking about buying a SS tube kit for the persei and i needed to clear something up, do one of those tubes still hold 2 18350's for a 7.4v setup????????????
thanks in advance!!!!

***edit**

i guess what i want to know is do the 2 18350's fit in the ss tube that holds the 3.7v 18650???

BLAZING OG,
if the cart sizzles when empty there could be an issue (ie bad cart, condensation, foreign material), if the cart sizzles when there is oil in it then there something wrong with the oile.
hey G. I have a chrome persei and the gasket in between the contacts on the single top head. can I get it repaired? it is not under warranty anymore. and if so how much? also wondering about the hercules. I ordered mine a month or two back. is the final unit ready for delivery? let me know on the top head is my main concern. thanks

topshotninja,

exit

Ataxian,
I was thinking about buying a SS tube kit for the persei and i needed to clear something up, do one of those tubes still hold 2 18350's for a 7.4v setup????????????
thanks in advance!!!!

***edit**

i guess what i want to know is do the 2 18350's fit in the ss tube that holds the 3.7v 18650???

i asked this exact question a couple pages ago
the answer was that it it made for 1 18650 and not 2 18350s but it will fit 2 18350s

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
5.0 cart 7.4V dual head!
dspersei_zpsd4d4d1f3.jpg
What I like about the SS Kit is my TUBE 18650 3.4V with a 2.4 cart or SHORTY 18350 3.7V or IRC123 3.0V. (CARTOMIZER with PG)

Then I have a dual head with 2 x 3.7V (5.o Cart) so that's three live devices.
Now since I have a Black Persei I have a total of 4 devices running.
So I bought the RED SS Kit as my plan was to get the RED PERSEI Kit.
However I like the ideal for the OMICRON 2.5 with a HDV.

I have two HERCULES a BENDER on the way plus a bunch of CARTOMIZERS.
Then with the 2 x SOLO's with a BLACK LABEL BUBBLER AND gong stems I don't think I can handle more stuff? I bought 2 more grinders when I already have 3! 2 more lighters when I have 3 good ones already. People keep recommending stuff!

The 5.0 carts are working so powerful right now and I added a few drops of CHERRY and some LOUIS VIII WAX and the flavor is actually very nice! I do have a 2.4 coming.
I'm so medicated as it is!
WAX is getting so cheap in ORANGE COUNTY plus their made from really good strains.

DELTA NINE DEVICES are like PICK AXES during the California GOLD RUSH of the last half of the 1800's!

StepInToSpace

YES! I spent an entire day getting tiny wispy vapor off a brand new 5.0 cart. It gets warm yada yada yada but just doesn't hit like my other carts.

Also, just got some new 18350's. Charged them up and used them for a good day or 2. Now, the iris says low when I try to use them, but the light glows green on the charger.

StepInToSpace,

exit

Do you have a multimeter? Did you take them out immediately when it turned green? I'd recommend just checking the battery level out quickly to make sure it's properly charged all the way. Does your iris read the proper battery level from the 18650?

Happy 666th post ataxian!!!!!

exit,
Reactions: ataxian

Jayslc

Hey guys planet vape says its selling the newer upgraded hurcules 7.4 v, " We are currently selling the new upgraded Hercules with the PTFE mouthpiece, main shell and bottom insulator.
is the new hurc coming out going to be different then the current model? I know there upgrading it with new heating core but should I wait to buy the new one is it going to be much better? Using mostly for flowers?

Jayslc,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Hey guys planet vape says its selling the newer upgraded hurcules 7.4 v, " We are currently selling the new upgraded Hercules with the PTFE mouthpiece, main shell and bottom insulator.
is the new hurc coming out going to be different then the current model? I know there upgrading it with new heating core but should I wait to buy the new one is it going to be much better? Using mostly for flowers?

FUTURE DEVICES
BENDER for FLOWERS (on it's way)
HERCULES for HASH (waiting for the new core)
IRIS 2.0 (when available)
Rigging these devices with a water path is my goal!

CURRENT DEVICES
2.4 carts for WAX
2.4 CARTOMIZERS for PG
5.0 carts to go into a self induced COMA.
SOLO'S for FLOWERS through a BLACK LABEL BUBBLER:

http://www.planetvape.ca/black-leaf-8-arm-slitted-tree-perc-bubbler.html

I don't know if this is the right direction or not?
It may not be correct however it's working so far!

BOB or OF know to approach this better than I.
I'm just learning as I go!

ataxian,

ictus

so last night I tried two of the 2.4ohm carts with my 3.7 omi. Both got 0.6g.

First one was an amber shatter. I had to take several minutes slow heating to get it to drip down without over heating it. The second was slightly more of a waxy texture but it turned to liquid with much less heat and loaded very easily and quickly.

Both carts are a huge dissapointment. I tried for an hour to get hits off them. The best I could come up with could only be described "whispy" with a light blue color. Kind of the color of smoke I get from my inhalator when the capsule is 99% ABV. It tastes like the cartridges more than the hash and just does NOT hit period.

I have verified my batteries are charged. Recharged and swapped em. I cleaned my electrical contacts with ISO, verified the red glow on the new cart etc. So far I have run at least 3 full grams of various oil into the 2.4 omis, and not a single good experience, except for my 1st test when I only added around 0.2g without reading the directions. This is just incredibly wasteful.

So I guess I will be only using 1.5ohm carts.

ictus,

OF

So far I have run at least 3 full grams of various oil into the 2.4 omis, and not a single good experience, except for my 1st test when I only added around 0.2g without reading the directions. This is just incredibly wasteful.

By all means do what works for you.

What do you think is behind your having no luck with what hundreds of us do every day without problems? 1.5s and 2.4s aren't all that far apart, they are both built and function the same (by the same supplier?) except the power which isn't a large difference, really. I can't see that being the cause.

Your money, your call.

OF

DubCRider

Sounds to me like you are not getting a good feed of oil to the heater. Take off your mouth piece and melt the top 1/4 of the cart down with a lighter or torch. If you can see concentrate in the D-shaped fill holes than it needs to melt down.

lightbulb

Who do I contact for persei warranty?

I have been very disappointed in this vape. When I originally purchased it from a local head shop I had no real instructions on how to use it.. The battery/heater chart was all I had to go off of.. Filling it was a PITA, not to mention once filled they would often burn out while still full. I have gone threw 2 heaters on my first week, one was my fault for using the wrong battery with the heater.(Why is there no redundancy to prevent this?)

And now my Hercules just broke. The threaded piece on the Herc spun out while unthreading from the button piece.

This vape has been pretty cool but this shit is getting too expensive. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

lightbulb,

OF

This vape has been pretty cool but this shit is getting too expensive. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Welcome to the Forums, sorry you're having troubles.

Go to the Delta 9 vapes site and 'open a ticket', that is fill in the form to start the process. It happens by email after that and typically very promptly.

At least some of that they can fix quickly and easily. While your there, check out the instruction pdfs. Some very useful stuff there.

However, part of the problem is you've jumped into t he deep end. Did you notice the big red warnings about 'vape of mass destruction'? That's only half in jest. It's a machine for experts as it comes out of the box. Forget everything but 2.4 Ohm carts at 3.7 Volts (buy the carts, use the big battery only) until you've mastered the system. Not just know it, mastered it. The more powerful carts can get out of control very easily as you've found. Like driving, stay off the freeway until you know how to drive.

Use only concentrates that pass 'the foil test'. Heat a small bit on foil with your lighter from below. If it doesn't quickly melt and flow freely then quickly evaporate leaving no or at most tiny bit behind pass on it, it's going to foul the Omicron cart. Load half a gram only. Follow the instructions, be sure you fully heat the center section (but not the bottom where you're holding it, the seals are there) before you move up to the goods in the funnel. This is where most guys blow it. The hot concentrate hits the cold walls and stalls out leaving a trapped air bubble.

Never dry burn (run the cart with no oil or when it's not producting vapor) for more than at few seconds and avoid it if at all possible. Do it too much and you get leaks, brunt oil (there are two heaters.....) and feed problems even if you don't blow the heater.

Once you do it a few times you'll get the hang of it. So, buy a box of 2.4 Ohm carts and some good concentrate (lighter colors usually work best, BTW). Put the small batteries away. Read and follow the instructions and I bet in no time you're a happy camper.....

And "open a ticket" to get your Hercules parts replaced, there's an upgrade happening with one to follow soon.

Best wishes.

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
so last night I tried two of the 2.4ohm carts with my 3.7 omi. Both got 0.6g.

First one was an amber shatter. I had to take several minutes slow heating to get it to drip down without over heating it. The second was slightly more of a waxy texture but it turned to liquid with much less heat and loaded very easily and quickly.

Both carts are a huge dissapointment. I tried for an hour to get hits off them. The best I could come up with could only be described "whispy" with a light blue color. Kind of the color of smoke I get from my inhalator when the capsule is 99% ABV. It tastes like the cartridges more than the hash and just does NOT hit period.

I have verified my batteries are charged. Recharged and swapped em. I cleaned my electrical contacts with ISO, verified the red glow on the new cart etc. So far I have run at least 3 full grams of various oil into the 2.4 omis, and not a single good experience, except for my 1st test when I only added around 0.2g without reading the directions. This is just incredibly wasteful.

That's so weird?
Why do my 2.4 carts produce big white vapor clouds?
I have a set of 1.5's however I haven't tried them yet.
My BRITTLE LIGHT AMBER I was saving for the HERCULES however I guess I'll load up a 1.5 with 3.0V's to try out!

I load 0.5 grams at first fill then 0.2 increments from there and get close to 3.0 grams per cart use.
My SHORTY with a 18350 works well just as the stock tube with a 18650?

I have fried a 2.4 cart because I forgot I was running a 5.0 cart previously with 2 x 18350's.
That is one lesson that I learned.

Hopefully one of the Instructors like Bob, Vitolo or OF can figure it out!

I use mostly Blonde well purged waxes: Honey Comb, Brittle, Budder.
I stay away from the darker concentrates as I'm sensitive to off flavors.

ataxian,

TommydCat

With all due respect, he said he was trying them with an "Omi" which I'll take to be the Omicron. I have to admit I was less than impressed when I first got my V2 Omicron and never saw a real cloud until I got the Persei (after debating to go HVD Omi or not to get the better top).

TommydCat,

lightbulb

" Follow the instructions"

The instuctions only mention a fraction of that information. I have to research obscure forum to know how to use their product? That doesn't seem very customer friendly.

I am especially upset over the oil I can use.. I dont make clear oil. I make oil with butane and iso alcohol. I get a semi clear red oil, I do this for the hash taste that you get. Yellow clear butane/acetone/hexane washes are too strong and tasteless for my liking...

I might as well dump this product when I get my junk fixed. Seriously unimpressed.

lightbulb,
Top Bottom