Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
"As we used to say in the Dynamite business, if some's good, more's better....".

My Jag was the 4.2 Liter, always reminded me of the Merlin engine from WWII, in the XJ6 Saloon. Wanna ask if gas mileage got me to switch to a Diesel Rabbit (high forties per gallon)? Well, that and all those little electric motors everywhere. Nice ride, though.

Never got near the XKE I wanted as a kid. Well, I guess I got kinda close.

I was younger then, it was fun, though. Like all the other English cars I've owned though, not the last word in reliable......

OF
I love cars especially Britsh ones.
My jag has been a real good one.
It's a 2004 long paid for and no car payment is kind of nice.
84,000 is the reading.
Dad is on his 4th one 2011.
My wife likes to drive the Mercedes better since she is French and likes to feel the road more when she drives.

With the family around I keep a PERSEI in my pocket with PG on a SS TUBE:
ss-pg_zpsd177cab4.jpg

ictus

Nice Ataxian!

By PG, do you mean propylene glycol tincture? If so, mind sharing your recipe for it? I've tried a few things so far with OK results but nothing great so far. I've tried soaking kief in PG for a few days and it seems to work OK but only 1 first few puffs taste like hash. It appears that the wicks in my cleartomizers get a bit dark and clogged which might impede the flow of new oil.

I tried d-limonene first and got much better results in terms of potency and flavor, but quickly learned that none of the common plastics/orings in cartomizers can stand up to the limonene, they will be eaten up. I am looking for a nice SS or all glass cleartomizer or something that doesn't have any seals or O-rigns. I think limonene absorbs the THC and delivers it better but its just so darn aggressive to plastics!

ictus,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nice Ataxian!

By PG, do you mean propylene glycol tincture? If so, mind sharing your recipe for it? I've tried a few things so far with OK results but nothing great so far. I've tried soaking kief in PG for a few days and it seems to work OK but only 1 first few puffs taste like hash. It appears that the wicks in my cleartomizers get a bit dark and clogged which might impede the flow of new oil.

I tried d-limonene first and got much better results in terms of potency and flavor, but quickly learned that none of the common plastics/orings in cartomizers can stand up to the limonene, they will be eaten up. I am looking for a nice SS or all glass cleartomizer or something that doesn't have any seals or O-rigns. I think limonene absorbs the THC and delivers it better but its just so darn aggressive to plastics!
I have the PG for the week-ends when I have to be on my best behavior.
Easy to dose without getting noticed.
I love the new WAXES these days.
Well Purged Blond Concentrates are so nice.
I suppose I could maintain the stealth factor with the standard carts.
Cost in use the PG is really a good value even if the cost is a bit high.
I have flowers and really good ones however hard to keep under the family radar even with a vaporizer.

Now I made some PG like concentrate that work really well however the labor involved is kind of ridiculous.

Here is my formula:
1 gram Glycerine/Glycol bend + 10 drops flavor (WATERMELON) 1 gram THC OIL then I load 0.20 grams at a time once I wet the wicks with a $35 1/2 GRAM of PG so I end up with 2.5 grams for a pretty low cost.
This isn't my goal just a goofy way of killing time.

I use the low side of voltage 3.0V in a shorty or a 18650 in a SS Tube. (Week-End Set-ups)

During the week I like a 2.4 cart with a TOP SHELF WAX (Brittle, Budder, Crumbled) and Flowers in my SOLO.

I do have a 5.0 set up despite the dislike of the flavor profile.
(2 x 18350's)
(Before bed only) very strong effect!
Consider this my night cap like a 15 year old SCOTCH in regards to potency.

Setting up some water path hardware at the moment just waiting for snail mail for the parts.

Please note my ways are not the greatness by any means I'm still learning.

OF

By PG, do you mean propylene glycol tincture? If so, mind sharing your recipe for it? I've tried a few things so far with OK results but nothing great so far.

No, he means Pure Gold. An extremely high THC, highly purified, extract. Think 'super oil'.

If you want to mess around with inferior systems to Omicron carts, here's an excellent thread on the topic from none other than our very own G, owner of D9. Seems he was 'in the business' (making THC carts) but well understood the shortcomings and pushed on to develop the Omicron cart specifically to feed oils directly. Once he had that, it was so clearly better than using e-cig carts and some witches brew he published all his 'secret formulas' since they were obsolete?
https://www.stickyguide.com/forums/196

Go ahead and mess with it (many of us have) but expect to find what everyone else has?

Best wishes.....

OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I think he means Pure Gold, a high-quality concentrate that has a touch of d-lim.

Quetzalcoatl,

ictus

OF I have the Omi already with several carts. *edited out unnecessary bs* I am not here to compare omicron carts vs other tech. Very on topic to persei, as Ataxian used a persei body.
Maybe you can understand that sometimes different tools are better for different jobs..... An Omi will reek up a room like weed while PG/VG tinctures can contain considerable THc yet not smell like it. They both have their place and relevance to this thread without the need for snide dismissals. I am aware of PureGold, that is where I got the idea to use D-limonene as a solvent. PureGold uses 5% limonene iirc which is far less than I need to use to make my oil runny ( I'm sure it's because my oil has more impurities than theirs). So maybe the issue with plastic compatibility is less for PureGold but I would still be concerned about it interacting with the o-ring's in that clearomizer.

Ataxian, thanks for the Info!

ictus,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
No, he means Pure Gold. An extremely high THC, highly purified, extract. Think 'super oil'.

If you want to mess around with inferior systems to Omicron carts, here's an excellent thread on the topic from none other than our very own G, owner of D9. Seems he was 'in the business' (making THC carts) but well understood the shortcomings and pushed on to develop the Omicron cart specifically to feed oils directly. Once he had that, it was so clearly better than using e-cig carts and some witches brew he published all his 'secret formulas' since they were obsolete?
https://www.stickyguide.com/forums/196

Go ahead and mess with it (many of us have) but expect to find what everyone else has?

Best wishes.....

OF
Please note I prefer concentrates prepared by professionals!
I will not make my own again. The cost savings is not worth it in my option.
G is more the expert in this area I'm just a rookie.
I saw my Doctor use PG with one of the Cartomizer when I got my MM License.
If you have evidence this is unhealthy I will stop this practice and just stay with the well purged concentrates. However it seems that for the last couple of years I do better with CANNABIS than conventional medicine regardless of my application. The PERSEI setups works really well in my case so I will built my quiver around this system.
Now I'm freaked out that I'm doing it wrong according to the pundits so I'm no where near having any valid solutions in proper medication!

ataxian,
Reactions: OF

Vitolo

Vaporist
I want to talk about the Bender.
(and Gary)
I was talking with him the other day, and in conversation, the Bender came up.
Gary asked me some questions, and then zeroed in on the Benders function, and
wanted to know "what other vape I could compare the Bender to".
If you know gary, you will know that when he has a a question, he is going to have an answer.
I found myself trying to compare the hits to those I got with my CRZ (RockZap)....
That was the closest answer I could give him, and we let it rest.
Update-
Now I have had time to "Bend" some more... and think harder.
Gary, my friend....
You do not have to compare the Bender to any other Vape.
The Bender is in a class by itself.
Good job~:clap:

VAPORIZER22

(and Gary)
If you know gary, you will know that when he has a a question, he is going to have an answer.
I found myself trying to compare the hits to those I got with my CRZ (RockZap)....
Gary, my friend....

Do you have to fill the chamber full for it to be effective? If you have experimented with smaller amounts, what is the least amount you have tried while still getting good results?

I have been interested in the Bender, especially for the taste, but always thought it required .5g or so for a full chamber, typically i vape .1g in a session.

Thanks

VAPORIZER22,
Reactions: Vitolo

exit

Man the looks of that SS tube are making me jealous... How's the life on the short one with a single 18350?

Vitolo, what a time to post a review like that... payday's tomorrow :lol:

Do you have to fill the chamber full for it to be effective? If you have experimented with smaller amounts, what is the least amount you have tried while still getting good results?

I have been interested in the Bender, especially for the taste, but always thought it required .5g or so for a full chamber, typically i vape .1g in a session.

Thanks
We're thinking of the same Bender right? The one that vapes flowers? What's a problem with .5g or 1g of herbs, you use more that than rolling a joint! :science:
And yeah... you do vape .1g in a session.... but you know, I'm sick of vaping 5 .1's in a row to get where I want to be, that's why i bought a PERSEI

If only you could use the dual-head attachment with two Benders... :rofl:

exit,
Reactions: Vitolo

Vitolo

Vaporist
I never fill it full, 3/4 is the most I fill it, but it can be filled full.
I have filled it 1/4 way. It worked well, it just required a few seconds longer to get cranking with less herb
I guess the smallest amount I have used would be .25 gr.
Again, it just took a few extra seconds to get roasting, and then it stirred nicely too.
I believe my optimal function has been at 3/4 full.. but it is all fun, and just as every vape is different, so is every load.
so.... we treat each load for its "gestalt" and love it, stir it, breath it, and heat it accordingly.... "by each according to his tools.....
... to each according to it's contained load." (second 'each' refers to your vaporizers, brethren.. while 1st 'each' be ye~)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
(and Gary)
Update-
Gary, my friend....
Hi Vitolo:
I almost pulled the trigger on a few different vaporizers because of all the buzz they are receiving.
However I think the vaporizer industry is only just beginning!
I'm just learning and I follow the Guru's like you, OF, Bob and G! OK there are many others as well.
So far it seems the BENDER is the KING when it comes to flavor.
GIRL SCOUT COOKIES FLOWERS in a BENDER must be delightful!
My next FLOWER VAPE will be a BENDER.
Once you have the PERSEI set up the BENDER seems to be the likely choice.

Kind regards,
ataxian

VAPORIZER22

Man the looks of that SS tube are making me jealous... How's the life on the short one with a single 18350?

Vitolo, what a time to post a review like that... payday's tomorrow :lol:

We're thinking of the same Bender right? The one that vapes flowers? What's a problem with .5g or 1g of herbs, you use more that than rolling a joint! :science:
And yeah... you do vape .1g in a session.... but you know, I'm sick of vaping 5 .1's in a row to get where I want to be, that's why i bought a PERSEI

If only you could use the dual-head attachment with two Benders... :rofl:

I vape around .1 at a time because with my meds that is all I need to get the medication level I need. I prefer to pack only what I need for a session no matter the capacity of the vaporizer because I love to preserve the flavor as much as I can.

VAPORIZER22,

VAPORIZER22

I have had my eye on the Nibbler X, will probably pick one up with my next order. I mostly use 2.4 carts and with the wax I use, flavor has never been an issue. Have some great Tahoe OG, Dutch Crunch, and Big Buddah Cheese wax loaded up right now.

I do like the idea of no longer needing to use tubing for water use, so I know the Nibbler X will have a better flavor profile.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I have had my eye on the Nibbler X, will probably pick one up with my next order. I mostly use 2.4 carts and with the wax I use, flavor has never been an issue. Have some great Tahoe OG, Dutch Crunch, and Big Buddah Cheese wax loaded up right now.

I do like the idea of no longer needing to use tubing for water use, so I know the Nibbler X will have a better flavor profile.
I have adapters on their way to set up my SOLO's and PERSEI's with a water path.
However the NIBBLER is more of a no brainer!

exit

Sorry for the stupid question. Do two 18350's fit in a SS tube or is there only room for a 18650. Hoping to do 7.4v on a SS tube. Thanks in advance!

exit,

OF

Sorry for the stupid question. Do two 18350's fit in a SS tube or is there only room for a 18650. Hoping to do 7.4v on a SS tube. Thanks in advance!

It would seem they fit (at least in some cases) but that use is not recommended by D9 ("G" specifically). The shorter tube in the upgrade kit is for one 350, the longer one for one 650 like the web site says. Dual 350s go in the original tube with the stop screwed down.

OF

DubCRider

I like playing with fire!

011C6EA7-7F70-4D87-A73B-FD1ACAE03CC7-1015-0000011430F07B6D.jpg

7.4v Herc, Iris(latching switch/sticky button), long SS tube, stock Persei body. Rocking two 18650's.

Although TSA just started allowing small bats I doubt this beast would make it through the gates. I felt like a rapper on the Mic hitting hit, it's odd, haha!

Jayslc

I like playing with fire!

011C6EA7-7F70-4D87-A73B-FD1ACAE03CC7-1015-0000011430F07B6D.jpg

7.4v Herc, Iris(latching switch/sticky button), long SS tube, stock Persei body. Rocking two 18650's.

Although TSA just started allowing small bats I doubt this beast would make it through the gates. I felt like a rapper on the Mic hitting hit, it's odd, haha!
Wow that's retarded! Ha

Jayslc,

OF

Hey, good point, Iris is supposed to have a latching function isn't it? How do you make that work, please?

TIA

OF

OF,

exit

dual 18650's?! pimped the f*** out :clap:

btw LOVING the looks of the Iris top. i would no question grab that in a second. the little screen is my favorite part of the NO2 and i would love to have it on the Persei :tup:

(Now if only the Iris could like a multimeter and read out the battery status for me....

exit,
Top Bottom