Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

DubCRider

Glad to see the cheap looking gold plate is gone! New Herc looks nice, I will have to follow Of's lead and take a nibble out of D9's site!

My assumption is that the gold part was brass to help dissipate heat to keep the head from getting too hot.

DubCRider,

timmahsan

treEnt
Hello all,

I am debating getting a Persei with a Hercules for a portable option to utilize concentrates like BHO. Will it fit my need or should I think more on the disposable route? Honestly, disposable carts are the only thing that turn me away immediately.

timmahsan,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Hello all,

I am debating getting a Persei with a Hercules for a portable option to utilize concentrates like BHO. Will it fit my need or should I think more on the disposable route? Honestly, disposable carts are the only thing that turn me away immediately.

I think that combo will more than suit your needs. With the Hercules, loading the oil is a snap, you have the ability to take small or large hits with unparalleled taste, and the tanks can be fully cleaned and reused over and over. The Persei comes with two disposable carts (I believe 5.0 ohms) anyway so if you want to try those as well, you can load them using the included fill tool.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Wow, I'm sold. Dang it. Where can I get the oil/herb hercules in stock? :p

I believe you can get the 7.4v herb/oil Herc at www.planetvape.ca at the moment. I know that Delta9/UP was fixing an issue with the Hercules 7.4v where oil was getting under some of the heater cores. I believe I read the new parts will be available around mid March, so I figure as soon as they are completed we will be seeing them back up for sale at www.delta9vapes.com but I don't want to speak for G or any of the company. I'm just a supporter and happy user of their products. :p

WC1

Hi folks,

Im having trouble with a Persei I bought from a dispensary in the Bay Area. The support site identified in the manual (www.w9tech) has been down 'for maintenance' since at least yesterday afternoon with no indication of when it willbe back up.

I'm a noob with vape pens so I am not sure whether I have a user, cart, or Persei issue.

I picked up a preloaded cart to keep it simple while getting used to it so i'd like to think that isn't the issue (who knows).

I followed the manual instructions carefully and while the blue light comes on, I am not getting vapor and the cart does not feel remotely warm.

Any ideas on the issue or where to go for support?

Thanks much!

WC1,

OF

I picked up a preloaded cart to keep it simple while getting used to it so i'd like to think that isn't the issue (who knows).

I followed the manual instructions carefully and while the blue light comes on, I am not getting vapor and the cart does not feel remotely warm.

Howdy, good to meet you, bummer you're having problems. You bought it to enjoy, not fight with. Hang in there, the good part is coming.......

As to what to do to find help, hold still. The D9 rep for NoCal is our own DubC..... Dollars to doughnuts he'll be on the case as soon as he is aware of it. Very proactive, that guy, and a fun guy in his own right IMO. He'll meet with you if necessary and 'make it right' like he has for dozens of others (including me).

As a wild guess from the distance sounds like you've got a defective cart (happens rarely, I've had two out of dozens), most guys don't test before filling. One of my dead ones was a prefilled one from Elemental, a top flight outfit IMO. It was defective from the start, one of the heaters was actually missing.... It could also be a bad connection of course.

As a test, you might try one of the 5 Ohm carts that comes with the Persei at 3.7 Volts. This is a 'dry burn' and should normally be avoided but it's underdriven (by about half) so a few seconds at a time should be OK. Look for any warmth, not heat, just look for it getting warm in the center part of the tube. Sometimes you can get a faint whiff of 'something hot', but don't count on (or look for) that. You just want to confirm the supply works enough to make the empty cart warm up a little. This will, of course, point back to the prefilled cart again, unfortunatley. I don't know where you got yours from but Elemental (who no longer carries prefills) didn't have a replacement but gave me a free cart and full store credit which I turned into another gram real quick.....

Good luck, hang in there, it's well worth it in the end.

Say hi (or is that 'high'?) to DubC for me?

OF

OF,

DubCRider

Hi folks,

Im having trouble with a Persei I bought from a dispensary in the Bay Area. The support site identified in the manual (www.w9tech) has been down 'for maintenance' since at least yesterday afternoon with no indication of when it willbe back up.

I'm a noob with vape pens so I am not sure whether I have a user, cart, or Persei issue.

Thanks much!

Where are you located? I can help you troubleshoot your issue, send me an email, john@thcscientific.com.

DubCRider,
Reactions: OF

WC1

Thanks to both OF and BigC for your responses! I tried OF's suggestion but didn't feel any heat on the cart. I've reached out to BigC offline and will share back to the list how this resolves.

WC1

DubCRider

Thanks to both OF and BigC for your responses! I tried OF's suggestion but didn't feel any heat on the cart. I've reached out to BigC offline and will share back to the list how this resolves.

WC1

BigC has me cracking up over here!

I look forward to your call later. The point of your purchase was to enjoy it.

oddvegan

oddvegan
Can anyone tell me what it means when my 2.4 cart is leaking a small ammount of oil only in the connection to the battery holder and made the connection a little sticky... Is this a sign that a seal is leaking or blown?
I got my replacement Hercules parts, super happy!
I have been having success with QWISO and just got ahold of some organic grain alcohol to use and found a source of CO2 extraction oil as well...

oddvegan,

DubCRider

A small leak of oil out the bottom is what I would deem common. If you see enough to equal a full drop of oil you probably have a leak. I think what caused this is setting down the device hot. Pull air through your cartridge without pressing the button for 5 or so full hits after you are done. This will help cool your concentrate to a les viscous state and help keep the air path free of clogs.

Not me!

I think it's that fellow BigC's fault, whatta you think?

Let's vote on it?

OF

Don't be surprised if you get a vote OF!

A small leak of oil out the bottom is what I would deem common. If you see enough to equal a full drop of oil you probably have a leak. I think what caused this is setting down the device hot. Pull air through your cartridge without pressing the button for 5 or so full hits after you are done. This will help cool your concentrate to a les viscous state and help keep the air path free of clogs.

Don't be surprised if you get a vote OF!

This isn't the only thread with this problem; Here on FC it seems nearly everyone uses the word "viscous" to mean the exact opposite of what it does mean. Viscous mean thick - more viscous is thicker, less viscous is thinner. e.g. any solid wax is more viscous than liquid oils and PG is LESS viscous than other oils.

The simple definition I like is from:
http://www.princeton.edu/~gasdyn/Research/T-C_Research_Folder/Viscosity_def.html
but there's always this too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viscosity

Oh yeah, I'll vote for OF - What office are you guys running for (from) again?

-NDA

OF

^ thank you for the knowledge!

Now stop that! You keep being nice to him, feeding him and all, and he's never going to leave us alone now is he?

Can anyone tell me what it means when my 2.4 cart is leaking a small ammount of oil only in the connection to the battery holder and made the connection a little sticky... Is this a sign that a seal is leaking or blown?

I think DubC is spot on. A tiny bit happens sometimes, be sure to clean it up well. I like to carefully poke a bit of wire up the hole (be careful not to poke stuff inside) then pull it out and wipe the oil off it before returning. Several times cleans most of the oil out of the bottom of the cart and gives you a fresh start.

DubC is right, if you get that sucker warmed up and vaping well it's also feeding oil to the heater. Shut it down hard and fast (rather than cool down) that oil can't evaporate off the now cold heater so it pools up. If enough of it pools up you have a leak. Otherwise what's left from the last hit evaporates off the first part of the next hit (before the feed circuit gets going) and all is forgiven.

Sometimes so much oil has flooded in that the tip flue is fouled as well. I use the same wire trick there, but the heater is a bit over an inch down not less than half an inch up and the tube is a bit bigger.

You quickly learn how hard you can push them and how much cool down is needed to avoid any problems.

OF

DubCRider

WC1

It turns out he got a DOA cart. I got him a new cart and hopefully we will get a positive response once he transfers the goods over.

OF

It turns out he got a DOA cart. I got him a new cart and hopefully we will get a positive response once he transfers the goods over.

Thanks for the feedback, Bro. So the new guy and I have something else in common then? I don't know about you but I find it mighty suspicious that G is sending all the lame carts up here, don't you? I think maybe he's testing you? So far you're you're batting 1.00 seems to me.......

Glad to hear our new found friend is back on track and no doubt got a great lesson and support in the process......most cool, right after no problems at all I guess.

Best wishes to all.

OF

WC1

Thanks again to DubC for helping me resolve my issue yesterday! Yes, it was a faulty cart (grrrr SPARC.....if you charge extra to load the cart it shouldn't be burned out). Also thanks to OF who correctly identified the issue from my first post!

DubC and I swapped a couple of emails and agreed to meet in the evening. I crashed in on him at a restaraunt and his tasty looking soup got cold while he investigated. He indicated the cart was burned out and gave me a new one so I wouldn't have to get the runaround at the dispensary.

Once I transferred the oil everything worked great!

My only concern was whether I lost a bunch of oil in the round trip. Also, I just wasn't sure I got all of it out. Any advice on this would be awesome!

Again, thanks much for the excellent virtual and in person help!!

WC1

DubCRider

Getting it all out is a task few take on. It can be done, OF has a great method for this. If you just do the standard turn(over) and burn you will leave behind .2 .

DubCRider,

OF

Getting it all out is a task few take on. It can be done, OF has a great method for this. If you just do the standard turn(over) and burn you will leave behind .2 .

Sure do. The short version is you pry or pull the center pin from the connector out far enough to cut the wire off it (inside). Then pluck out the rubber insulator around it and use the hole to poke the inside parts back out the top of the tube. There's a 'piston like' seal at the bottom, you want to use it to scrub the walls of the tube out and push the goods all out onto a plate or something you can recover it from.

Feel free to post here or PM me if you want to give it a go and want some questions answered?

Otherwise, you're very welcome for all the help I can give, congrats on your buy, IMO you've got a good system that will serve you well......so much better than blazing.

OF

Top Bottom