Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Gentle Friends,

I've just had my third 'mishap' with my Iris. This time I caught it in the act of 'running wild' and deciding to give the cart 'full blast' rather than the 3.7 Volts we'd been using before. It happened right at the end of the hit, it didn't shut off but instead ran away. Since the button wasn't pressed at the time, all I could do was unscrew the cart to keep it from blowing up like the two others I have here did. They died when I was otherwise 'distracted', this one I saw happen.

This may well be isolated to just my unit. And it is pretty random and rare. Anyone else loose a cart unexpectedly using Iris? The one I caught still works OK but it got burnt, tastes off, and may well leak later on. The other two are completely open, both heaters in both carts burned out. Clearly not right, both heaters blown at the same time? Anyone else get this?

Hopefully the planned upgrade will fix this one way or the other. But that's what I saw.....and have to deal with now (I may just scrap the oil in the blown carts, it's sure to be kinda foul).

OF
OF, i have had this happen a few times, using my iris top for e-juice, i noticed a button tap would produce a burnt taste at 3.5 volts, witch i finally found out that the iris top was giving full blast 7.4 to my carts!!!!
Now the iris didnt stay on like your's (running away) but with each button press randomly iam getting full blast!!!!

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: OF

OF

Of can you explain what happened?

The last time, at least. The first two got past me.

At the end of a normal hit as I brought it down the red light was still lit, vapor started to pour out the top and side vents and it made a angry sizzling sound. My thumb was off the button, thinking it had jammed I quickly enough unscrewed the cart. Hitting the button a few times didn't stop it, but removing the battery did.

Thinking back, it was definitely running full tilt, I've never seen that much life in a 2.4 Ohm cart. I'm sure it too was seconds away from checking out.

I suspect that's what happened before? Like I said, two carts with both coils open.

I'm thinking of using the Iris for the Hercules 7.4 with bud (at some reduced voltage) now that the upgrades are done for the upper parts. I figure if it gets away from me there, nothing to burn out......

Hopefully this will not be a V2 feature.....

Thanks.

OF

OF,

SlideOrDie

Haven't been around in a while guys, ran into some legal issues transporting meds :\

Big thanks to the boss man G!

Got my replacement Hercules parts in today and damn... I am VERY impressed!

The construction is much nicer, definitely feels more heavy duty.

The biggest improvement imo is the elimination of the top ring. My Hercules would always come apart at the top ring and the tank would fall out and burn me randomly when I wasn't paying attention to the way i carried it when it was hot. I also noticed that, once again, due to the elimination of the top ring, that the mouth piece is much easier to remove and the actual metal cartridge no longer gets stuck at the top when cold.

Can't wait for the new heating element when it's ready!

This is the absolute BEST device I have ever owned for break times at work... You can get very medicated very quickly... Definitely makes life in general more tolerable :)

Here's a pic of the new Herc's beside the old ones in case someone hasn't posted a pic for everyone yet.

BDapgq8CYAAwitn.jpg:large

kevin

Can't wait to get my hands on one of those!
I would like to get mine to, I called two weeks ago and they said they would be right there,nothing. opened a ticket about five days ago and nothing? Guess it's time to call again and be a pest.
Kevin

kevin,

OF

I would like to get mine to, I called two weeks ago and they said they would be right there,nothing. opened a ticket about five days ago and nothing? Guess it's time to call again and be a pest.
Kevin

Naw, yer working it the wrong way. Just do what I did, buy some more stuff from D9 and ask them to include the update parts.

I ordered a Nibbler X and the 14500 update tube yesterday, it's already shipped. Probably has nothing to do with saving them the shipping (and $3 "handling charge")........ Saves me an extra trip to the PO to sign for the GD package.....again. I'm thinking my postman just doesn't like knocking on doors and getting signatures, I've watched him walk up to the house without the package (but with the 'sorry we missed you' chit to slip in the slot). Manages to loose the occasional package as well getting it back to the cage at the PO. I think the fewer opportunities we give him, the better.

OF

Zooted

So the revised Hercules is complete? I thought we were still waiting on something, I must be confused.

Zooted,
Reactions: darkrom

OF

So the revised Hercules is complete? I thought we were still waiting on something, I must be confused.

Yes, my understanding is the leaks into the heater are still on the list and will need the heater element replaced with a better sealed one at a later date (unscrews). The remainder of the upgrade parts (plastic mostly) are done and ready to go.

Many of us are not rushing to get a partial set (since oil will still leak into the heater), waiting for the whole package. But I intend to use it for bud not oil (I have lots of other options there for now) and was ordering stuff anyway so I opted to get it early (and save D9 a bit of postage and me an extra trip to the PO from Hell (my local)).

If you want to use it for oil, and don't want to deal with the leaks (ie don't want to mess about with herb first) you might want to wait. But I have an Iris that seems ideal for 'dialing down the heat' in Hercules 7.4 to use effectively for herb......I wanna be just like Vitolo. Then again, who doesn't really?

OF

Zooted

Yes, my understanding is the leaks into the heater are still on the list and will need the heater element replaced with a better sealed one at a later date (unscrews). The remainder of the upgrade parts (plastic mostly) are done and ready to go.

Many of us are not rushing to get a partial set (since oil will still leak into the heater), waiting for the whole package. But I intend to use it for bud not oil (I have lots of other options there for now) and was ordering stuff anyway so I opted to get it early (and save D9 a bit of postage and me an extra trip to the PO from Hell (my local)).

If you want to use it for oil, and don't want to deal with the leaks (ie don't want to mess about with herb first) you might want to wait. But I have an Iris that seems ideal for 'dialing down the heat' in Hercules 7.4 to use effectively for herb......I wanna be just like Vitolo. Then again, who doesn't really?

OF
Good to know, thanks for the info! I am having pretty good results with the current 7.4 Hercules so I am very excited to see how well the new one performs.

To anyone else who uses their Hercules frequently for oils, how long do you use the little oil carts before tossing them or attempting to clean them?
Thanks!

Zooted,

DubCRider

I only clean mine if I'm not happy with what I put inside. Keeping them "dirty" gives me fatter hits. I clean my whole unit when the vapor resin starts to block the air holes.

I use mine by loading a few BB-sized balls and hold the power on till I see vapor come out the side holes, then hold on tight. It makes cleaning happen more often but the hits are huge and tasty, better than a nail if you ask me.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I only clean mine if I'm not happy with what I put inside. Keeping them "dirty" gives me fatter hits. I clean my whole unit when the vapor resin starts to block the air holes.

I use mine by loading a few BB-sized balls and hold the power on till I see vapor come out the side holes, then hold on tight. It makes cleaning happen more often but the hits are huge and tasty, better than a nail if you ask me.

Wish, I could achieve the huge part. Tasty yet but neither of my 7.4v units retried after I saw you will give me a hit equivalent to a 2.4 omicron even if I stay on the power for 90 seconds straight. Again taste is good and on par with the TV evolution but cloud production is certainly not. Waiting Patiently for G to show up in Norcal with some revised working parts to try.

I agree on the capsule cleaning.

ru_frothi,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Wish, I could achieve the huge part. Tasty yet but neither of my 7.4v units retried after I saw you will give me a hit equivalent to a 2.4 omicron even if I stay on the power for 90 seconds straight. Again taste is good and on par with the TV evolution but cloud production is certainly not. Waiting Patiently for G to show up in Norcal with some revised working parts to try.

I agree on the capsule cleaning.

I have to agree with what DubC said. I get massive rips equal to a fat dab off of a nail, only better tasting. However ru_frothi, I had the same problem as you with one of my Hercules 7.4's and I ended up using the Iris to diagnose the problem. The hammer in one of my Hercules was 3.0 ohms instead of 1.5, hence too much resistance. Sending it back to get swapped once the new heater cores are ready.

kindbeats,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
KB his is not the hercules issue its more of a technique i think. Im trying to finish up some issues down here and ill drive up ASAP to help him out.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: kindbeats

DubCRider

If I remember RUFrothy's were within .3ohms of each other.

I will edit in a bit with my findings but lets see what everyone who has an Iris comes up with for Ohms on their 7.4v Herc. I'm sure there is variation to some degree(.3ohms?) but it shouldn't be crazy.

My 7.4v Herc = ?ohms on my Iris

DubCRider,

OF

I will edit in a bit with my findings but lets see what everyone who has an Iris comes up with for Ohms on their 7.4v Herc. I'm sure there is variation to some degree(.3ohms?) but it shouldn't be crazy.

OK, I'll play.

Mine reads 1.5 Ohms (usually, 1.4 a few times) on my Iris.

So long as I had it out, I checked again, it still won't drive a 1.2 Ohm load (at 3.7 Volts) which should be well within it's abilities (3 Amps or so). 1.5 Ohms at 7.4 Volts is five Amps which it does fine. The software is apparently locking it out? Thinks it's a short? Even though it reads the value fine when I try to power the load up I get the 'lo ohms' warning instead of hot. IIRC G was going to find out what the specifications were, but I don't recall that answer?

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
the original iris had a lock out at 1.2 ohms, but this was done before the hercules 3.7's where in play, so the design stayed like that, it will be fixed on the v2 to work with hercules 3.7v

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
KB his is not the hercules issue its more of a technique i think. Im trying to finish up some issues down here and ill drive up ASAP to help him out.

I disagree but I all want is unit that works for me and so far no luck despite plenty of effort and time on my part.

If I remember RUFrothy's were within .3ohms of each other.

My 7.4v Herc = ?ohms on my Iris

Yep one was 1.7 and one was 1.4. The 1.7 works worse than the 1.4 which still wont produce as much vapor as 2.4 ohm omicron cart.

and BTW to OF and anyone with an IRIS. Clearly the 7.4V herc has enough power to vape and even combust the herb without much effort. Has anyone played with dialing the voltage back to like 6.0v (etc) and had any better success in finding a sweet spot for vaping herbs so that you'r not always worried about combusting.

ru_frothi,

DubCRider

My 7.4v Herc = 1.6ohms on my Iris

Waited too long to edit my OP, my findings are in the above quote.

The first time it read 1.7ohms then three more times it read 1.6ohms.

RuFrothy- if you can provide a place to meet where we can test(not in a parking lot) then I am down to see what's up. If mine works better than yours ill swap you my heater. When we last met I was under the impression your Hercs wouldn't heat up at all, not "not heat enough". You are welcome to come to my place as well. Unfortunately I don't have more than one 7.4v but hopefully the one can tide you over till mid march when all the new parts are available.

jpdnkstr

Glad to see the cheap looking gold plate is gone! New Herc looks nice, I will have to follow Of's lead and take a nibble out of D9's site!

Top Bottom