Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Whoa!! I just put the 2.4 cart I have been using on the mini-omicron and other smaller batteries onto the Persei for the first time w/ the 18650 battery, and DAYUM! It is giving me huge hits! I see now what people mean about the button, luckily, my thumb nail is just the right size to fit in the space when pushing the button in, but I could see this being a little tough for people with bigger hands. Haven't noticed anything bad yet, but I just put the single top on, adjusted the battery chamber, hit the 2.4 then came here to reply. Now I am sure the 2.4 cart is working good even after the Iso soak to reclaim. I had no problems putting it together from the box, but don't have a way to test the double top yet, kinda low on oil right now to load. Sheeeit, the way this thing is hitting on one cart, I don't know if I need 2! :freak:
yea, i use 2 as a party vape or if i'm going somewhere for a few hrs. w/ out meds ;).

OF

Whoa!! I just put the 2.4 cart I have been using on the mini-omicron and other smaller batteries onto the Persei for the first time w/ the 18650 battery, and DAYUM! It is giving me huge hits! I see now what people mean about the button, luckily, my thumb nail is just the right size to fit in the space when pushing the button in, but I could see this being a little tough for people with bigger hands.

Shh, Lady, not so loud, everyone will want one.....

It does muscle through lots of issues. You can get the same results with the bigger TV stuff as well. It's ironic that sub standard performance with Omicron carts is still mighty good. I was very surprised at the losses we were living with on V2.

The button issue it's that big a deal. Just grow your thumbnail out a bit, file the sides down so it looks like a screwdriver blade then stiffen it up in the usual manner. It should be a standard service at good Manicurists. In a better world it'd be deductible as a medical expense. We could also incorporate it as part of a secret hand sign?

Glad you found a use for the new Persei, I was going to suggest this one if you didn't get around to it on your own. BTW, that battery is a monster, but it does eventually run down....

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
got that second persei yesterday. way too hung over from the previous evening's celebrations for my girl's bday to pull it out, but here we go! as promised Duelin' w/ Dual Persei w/ Dual carts. thanks to planetvape for the Y adapter. and the on sale chrome persei

EDiT - and yes, that is a Dark Side of the Moon Slanket

Double EDiT 1000th Post on top of that i got another vid for ya.
someone was asking about double stacking persei. here ya go!

go to the description on the youtube page for a how to

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Finally got to sit down and really get to know this Persei a bit. I am loving the power of the 18650. It runs my 2.4 cart like none of the others, getting huge hits! I put the Dart LV on there, and it's running fine too. Put the Evo LV on for a test run, it ran just fine, but started to heat the top up a little, so I took it off, and will wait for the hammer top to arrive for more Evo testing.

I like the chrome, wasn't sure I would, but it looks nice w/ the omi cart and silver mouth piece. Feels good in the hand, and I am getting used to the inset button. So far A+ all the way. I have not tested the 5ohm carts, but will as soon as I am able to make more oil to fill them. Very impressed, it feels solid. So are you dropping the chrome because it shows hand oils and finger prints? I use coconut oil on my hands regularly, so I am leaving quite a bit of smudges on the chrome. No biggie really, just gonna wipe it clean w/ my shirt or something soft.

JCat

Accessory Maker
The hammer top would be a benefit for use with the Evo?? I just got the Persei so I'm new to this ... (my first of this type of vaporizers ... prior to this my experience with portables was limited to MFLB then NO2, and finally Solo)

JCat,

JoeKickass

The hammer top would be a benefit for use with the Evo?? I just got the Persei so I'm new to this ... (my first of this type of vaporizers ... prior to this my experience with portables was limited to MFLB then NO2, and finally Solo)

Hammer top = hvd for the persei
(click on/click off)

I'm tempted by it too...

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Questions for those who know, whats up with the different cart weights? Just +/- materials used? throws measuring how much is in there. gotta have an empty to compare. anyone have the various weights written down somewhere?

Next question, the TV Evo is flower chamber, yes? and it will work on Persei but is recommended use with 6v and hammer top? Whats the deal on this? Same with the Rev carts and DART. are the Rev carts worth it on Persei? or are they alittle simpler to load? That is one BIG issue had, loading. Erl is thick thick thick. hardest time knowing its loading right and gonna work. One cart loaded and it was so sticky its stuck all up on the walls and wont come off. Dont really want anything that is load as you go. Just wanna load .3-.7 and be good for a couple days or such.

Input would be appreciated. Never dabbled into the TV, didnt know what it stood for until yesterday. Not noobin, just unaware of some companies, yet. But as this is Persei related, gonna ask with you all here isnt of there.

also, dont care about click on/off use of hammer top on Evo cart, unless the top itself is useful for sturdiness and stronger function.

Porquiplane,

OF

Questions for those who know, whats up with the different cart weights? Just +/- materials used? throws measuring how much is in there. gotta have an empty to compare. anyone have the various weights written down somewhere?

Next question, the TV Evo is flower chamber, yes? and it will work on Persei but is recommended use with 6v and hammer top? Whats the deal on this? Same with the Rev carts and DART. are the Rev carts worth it on Persei? or are they alittle simpler to load?

Carts are hand built, there's a fair variation cart to cart in the same box, more from box to box. I have a log book of some of the carts I've used, dry weights run as low as 7.8XX to 8.2XX IIRC with most close to (or a bit under 8 grams). But you really do need to weigh each to get useful data. And even that doesn't tell the tale since they stall out with about .2 grams in there. I won't bother to dig the number out, they'll do you no good at all. BTW, you'll also need a scale that resolves at least to .01 grams to be useful here.

Yes, Evolution is for herb, although with some care you can use some hashes. Folks are using the LV versions since you need to buy special batteries and charger to run 6.0 (7.4 will kill the TV device). Yes, I think Revolution/DART is worth doing. I also think Omicrons and an adapter should be tried by TV owners. Yes, they load easier (a LOT easier in most cases), hit harder, and work with a wider assortment of concentrates (including bubble hash and kief). Omicron can be kind of picky with what grades it will feed, and can quickly foul out if the quality isn't high enough. Revolution/DART you just boil clean and go again.

OF

JCat

Accessory Maker
Only problem is I can't buy LV Revolution/DART in Canada anywhere from what I can tell. I tried the one place, B.O.B. HQ, that was mentioned for Canadian retailers on the TV site and they said the LV versions "are more for if you wanted to use the Thermo as an e-Cig with that attachment" and sorry they couldn't help me. I'll try vaporizers.ca since they seem to be carrying the TV stuff ...

JCat,
Reactions: OF

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Carts are hand built.

Yes, Evolution is for herb. Folks are using the LV versions since you need to buy special batteries and charger to run 6.0. Yes, I think Revolution/DART is worth doing. I also think Omicrons and an adapter should be tried by TV owners. Omicron can be kind of picky with what grades it will feed.

OF

Ok, one phrase "hand built" makes sense on the variations then.

So it is suggested that TV products be used with the Omi? Only have Persei. Is it suggested to get the hammer top to use with the Evo and Rev/Dart? For any purpose. Or is the standard persei top just fine? Dont have any TV products, yet. Willing to try them since they fit the need for flower and easier loads. Should all be in line with the Evo LV on the standard Persei top?

Porquiplane,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I was going to go for the Omi 2.5 but when PV put that price tag in my face... it was a no-brainer. I am very happy with the performance of the Persei so far. I also have that HVD mini tube w/ 2.5 top so it's the short version of the regular Omiv2, and it works great for stealthy, pocket friendly vaping with my 2.4 carts. BUT< putting my 2.4 on the Persei from using it on the mini, worlds different. HUGE vapor in comparison.

tharealmclovin

I fried my 5 ohm after a couple massive clouds. Must not have filled right. Once I get more wax, I'm gonna try dual 2.4's. Still a double barrel virgin.

tharealmclovin,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I fried my 5 ohm after a couple massive clouds. Must not have filled right. Once I get more wax, I'm gonna try dual 2.4's. Still a double barrel virgin.
yea, ya want to fill and prime on 6v or 3.7 18650. once ya feel some heat and ya know the oil is wick'd move up to the higher batts. those 5 ohms pop fast w/out oil keeping 'em cool. good luck!

tharealmclovin

yea, ya want to fill and prime on 6v or 3.7 18650. once ya feel some heat and ya know the oil is wick'd move up to the higher batts. those 5 ohms pop fast w/out oil keeping 'em cool. good luck!

Should I be getting vapor @ 3.7? I was and that's why I assumed it was good and put the 7.4's in.

tharealmclovin,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Should I be getting vapor @ 3.7? I was and that's why I assumed it was good and put the 7.4's in.
huh, not really, maybe a tiny bit. maybe the resistance on that cart was on the low side. are you using sap, or runnier oil?
you might want to invest in some 3v batts. i only use my 18350's for heavy duty work. like amber shatter in 5 ohm carts. my two cents. also be real gentle with that button. a sec on, a sec off, etc. til you are sure you aren't gonna pop the cart. hope that helps.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I use stable oils-shatter. Nothing runny.
hmmm. ok, i am guessing that either the vapor you saw at 3.7 was pre-oxidization wisp and you didn't have it fully down yet.... OR....... you're cart was labeled 5 ohm, although it's resistance was significantly lower and with fully charged batts (closer to 8.5v) it blew. these are my best guesses from afar. better luck w/ the next ones?

Bob Loblaw,

tharealmclovin

I'm gonna chalk it up as user error and just be more careful next time.

I wanna get the hammer too. Is the "new" 1200f hammer gonna be just a replacement hammer or is it gonna be a whole new top too?

Authentic

Persei abuser
I also just got my Persei from PlanetVape but mine doesn't have a serial number. I thought only the early ones didn't have a serial. Also, the contents on the bottom half of the packaging came in a smaller box instead of the foam divider. Any chance PlanetVape sold me a fake Persei? The logo doesn't line up either.

Authentic,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
See new 18350s on D9. So, can anyone compare the two. one is AW IMR 18350 700mAh and the other is IMR 18350 800mAh. Know the basic logic of it, more mAh, more capacity, in a perfect world. BUTT, in the real world does the AW outperform the basic IMR. Dont know AW as a "brand" or maker.

Porquiplane,
Top Bottom