Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
i bet you do, boss. you wouldn't be you if you didn't. well my already obsolete (jk) hammer looks like
it will be here by tomorrow! more updates soon to come. many zzzzz's soon to come, lol

Not obsolete boss, just a new part to make it work better.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i just fuggin' wit ya ;)
keep strivin', man. keep makin' this shit better and better, i ain't stressin' ya

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys we pulled the hammers out of the website, we have had one person contact us about it not getting hot, so dont worry in a week i will let you know if it is a issue with the design or it is not getting hot enough.

Any one effected can request a full refund, or wait for us to bring out the 1200F version so that we can replace the rods.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

bigdeluth

Got my persei finally in the mail yesterday...

Background: I've been a medical patient for years, really high tolerance, bought a Woodeez log vape about 2 years ago and have been using it non-stop (gone through 3 power adaptors so far) but I don't like all the maintenance that comes w/ heavy use (changing the screens a lot, loading tube after tube becomes tedious).

Hollly shiiit. Okay this thing is amazing. Went to my local disp. and picked up a gram of nicely packaged BHO (first time buying this stuff). Loading was surprisingly not difficult, altho the loading tool didn't really fit into my cart, seemed like maybe it was too big? I just kind of jammed it in, followed the directions for where to heat the cart and the stuff slid right in.

Unfortunately my 3.7v battery that came with the unit is a dud :/ (blue light on button didn't go on even after charging all day). So I wasn't able to prime it with that, I thought what the fuck and just went for it w/ the 7.2v. I see that mine came with 5ohm carts and not 4ohm like some people were having problems w priming at 7.2 (glad it came w/ the 5's and not the 4's). It primed pretty quickly and then I was in cloudtown. Jesus christ. This thing is fucking serious and amazing and imho the future of "medical" consumption for me.

There is/was that machine oil taste which I am really hoping goes away soon since it's pretty unpleasant, but I'm willing to overlook that for the amazing convenience, thickness of vapor, and really nice feeling build quality and form factor.

Also I didn't get the plastic cart covers that are referred to in the manual, a little bummed about that but whatever.

And finally my only remaining concern is that I'm gonna go through a lot of this BHO stuff since the persei makes smoking it so amazingly convenient.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Got my persei finally in the mail yesterday...

Background: I've been a medical patient for years, really high tolerance, bought a Woodeez log vape about 2 years ago and have been using it non-stop (gone through 3 power adaptors so far) but I don't like all the maintenance that comes w/ heavy use (changing the screens a lot, loading tube after tube becomes tedious).

Hollly shiiit. Okay this thing is amazing. Went to my local disp. and picked up a gram of nicely packaged BHO (first time buying this stuff). Loading was surprisingly not difficult, altho the loading tool didn't really fit into my cart, seemed like maybe it was too big? I just kind of jammed it in, followed the directions for where to heat the cart and the stuff slid right in.

Unfortunately my 3.7v battery that came with the unit is a dud :/ (blue light on button didn't go on even after charging all day). So I wasn't able to prime it with that, I thought what the fuck and just went for it w/ the 7.2v. I see that mine came with 5ohm carts and not 4ohm like some people were having problems w priming at 7.2 (glad it came w/ the 5's and not the 4's). It primed pretty quickly and then I was in cloudtown. Jesus christ. This thing is fucking serious and amazing and imho the future of "medical" consumption for me.

There is/was that machine oil taste which I am really hoping goes away soon since it's pretty unpleasant, but I'm willing to overlook that for the amazing convenience, thickness of vapor, and really nice feeling build quality and form factor.

Also I didn't get the plastic cart covers that are referred to in the manual, a little bummed about that but whatever.

And finally my only remaining concern is that I'm gonna go through a lot of this BHO stuff since the persei makes smoking it so amazingly convenient.

pre-oxidize your cart as described here
http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Omicron#Pre-Oxidizing_Cartridges
and you will have less problems with taste in the future. hopefully within the next few months all the old carts will be off the market.

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
ok guys sorry for the issue i think what we are down to is the technique and batteries, IMR is what we tested with and once again dropped the ball on not mentioning this on the site.

I will take full responsibility for it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

StepInToSpace

Bounced from work early so I could hit up the postoffice. Got my Hammer! Need to go to a friends cause my nail/dome is busted but thought I'd try using it for weed straight up.... Didn't work at all. Using 7.4 V, full charge. It got hot but not hot enough to vape or even burn the nug on the bowl.... Hopefully it will work with oil, Gonna try one of those illadelph extract bowls as well as a nail.. I'll report back.

StepInToSpace,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Bounced from work early so I could hit up the postoffice. Got my Hammer! Need to go to a friends cause my nail/dome is busted but thought I'd try using it for weed straight up.... Didn't work at all. Using 7.4 V, full charge. It got hot but not hot enough to vape or even burn the nug on the bowl.... Hopefully it will work with oil, Gonna try one of those illadelph extract bowls as well as a nail.. I'll report back.

Ok what you need to do is tap the oil, and raise it, tap and raise, and inhale when raising, we are conducting further tests and everyone who bought one can request a refund or wait for the 1200F version and they can get a free rod.

Remember boss this is portable use on 700mah batteries, and works best on the pass through.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Kyle

ok guys sorry for the issue i think what we are down to is the technique and batteries, IMR is what we tested with and once again dropped the ball on not mentioning this on the site.

I will take full responsibility for it.

I'm also having the heating issue... is the tip supposed to get red like the Embur?

Its seems to get just hot enough to melt the oil and get small amounts of vapor but def not enough to dry my nail or rip as hard as a dab.

Whats the passthrough? is it available? can i get one?

I'm willing to wait for your upgrade I'm sure its gonna be dope, just wanted to give you a heads up.

-Peace brothers

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I'm also having the heating issue... is the tip supposed to get red like the Embur?

Its seems to get just hot enough to melt the oil and get small amounts of vapor but def not enough to dry my nail or rip as hard as a dab.

Whats the passthrough? is it available? can i get one?

I'm willing to wait for your upgrade I'm sure its gonna be dope, just wanted to give you a heads up.

-Peace brothers

Can you try the stab method. Lower and raise lower and raise while inhaling on the raising part.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Kyle

Can you try the stab method. Lower and raise lower and raise while inhaling on the raising part.
Stab method + smaller dabs seems to work quite a bit better. My nail is still a little bit slick but not all pooled up like before.

Stoked to see the 1200F rod... keep up your hard work fellas!!

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
guys we just tried it live on stickam.com thepotcast and it works.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Krazy

I have had nearly one full day of fully functional Persei use. Even a 4 second burst is causing the oil to boil up and into the air intake. Taking it apart and treating it as a pop clog (ISO needle) clears it up for a partial use but it clogs right back up.

Will update on the off chance I discover something useful to others.

Krazy,
Top Bottom