Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

I discovered this trick after PG leaked all over my pocket one day.

Thanks for the post, I was with you right up to the end part above. Do you mean you took a PG cart off hot and put it in your pocket and it leaked?

Otherwise, I'm not so sure only filling up the base (gluing the cart in?) is really a good solution.....

OF

OF,

Robaba89

Just loaded a 5 ohm with some kif wax.. for some reason it's spewing vapor with only a second on the button...

When I look down the tube and press the button, it vomits a white stream at me.. making it impossible to see the heater.

This is NOT A BAD THING at the moment. Just curious as to what happened... Perhaps I broke a seal while loading/priming? Or maybe this is just the best wax i've found so far? I don't have another sample to load another 5ohm to test. The last wax in 5ohm was great, but nothing like this. 4~5 sec for a hit.. could double it and still not explode. I can't take 3 seconds with this one.

Or perhaps this cart just primed fully, where the others have only been half priming? I usually see the heater, but sometimes it has a dark color on it.. shit, it's been working great either way lol

Robaba89,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Thanks for the post, I was with you right up to the end part above. Do you mean you took a PG cart off hot and put it in your pocket and it leaked?

Otherwise, I'm not so sure only filling up the base (gluing the cart in?) is really a good solution.....

OF

It was cold but it still leaked. That was the cart I filled a full gram of PG with. Never do that again. That stuff is so thin it doesn't need a full gram.

and yes it glues the cart in place. Its a better alternative than a messy pocket. Its still an even better alternative IMO to just ditch the leaky cart when its done.

ru_frothi,

OF

It was cold but it still leaked. That was the cart I filled a full gram of PG with. Never do that again. That stuff is so thin it doesn't need a full gram.

and yes it glues the cart in place. Its a better alternative than a messy pocket. Its still an even better alternative IMO to just ditch the leaky cart when its done.

Thanks, makes more sense now.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

Just loaded a 5 ohm with some kif wax.. for some reason it's spewing vapor with only a second on the button...

When I look down the tube and press the button, it vomits a white stream at me.. making it impossible to see the heater.

This is NOT A BAD THING at the moment. Just curious as to what happened... Perhaps I broke a seal while loading/priming? Or maybe this is just the best wax i've found so far? I don't have another sample to load another 5ohm to test. The last wax in 5ohm was great, but nothing like this. 4~5 sec for a hit.. could double it and still not explode. I can't take 3 seconds with this one.

Or perhaps this cart just primed fully, where the others have only been half priming? I usually see the heater, but sometimes it has a dark color on it.. shit, it's been working great either way lol

A way to determine if it is the cart or the wax is to compare the cart with another 5 ohm cart. Hold the button down for the same amount of time on both and see if the new one gets significantly hotter. It's possible the heater shorted itself and the cart is really a lower ohm than it should be. If it doesn't get that much hotter though, I would say hows about you let us know where you got that wax? :brow:

Oh, btw, if anyone is still having problems getting a seal on the double top;

Looks silly, but works.. and provides some interesting side effects.

Great idea! And nice video man, now we can finally have a FC Oscars! Vitolo or Robaba??

JoeKickass,

Robaba89

A way to determine if it is the cart or the wax is to compare the cart with another 5 ohm cart. Hold the button down for the same amount of time on both and see if the new one gets significantly hotter. It's possible the heater shorted itself and the cart is really a lower ohm than it should be. If it doesn't get that much hotter though, I would say hows about you let us know where you got that wax? :brow:
Good idea, and both carts heat up the same. Seems to just be some good wax. If your in boulder, I'll let you know.

The only problem I've had with my carts so far have been airflow. Easy enough to fix apparently. Hot pokey worked for me.

Robaba89,

Omar21

Omar
Just picked up the persei at nirvana wellness in San Jose. Amazing!!!!!! THCScientific thank you. Fell in love from the first puff, now I need to get all the cartridge and battery combinations down.

Robaba89

All of the vaporpedia links that brought us to posts here, are broken since the website update; such as vito's and of's filling/un-clogging tools... D:

Robaba89,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Do you have an online source or an online user manual/ guide for it

you can click on the persei or omicron link in my sig and that will take you to vaporpedia. I am in the process of fixing the links in the vaporpedia article. These all got broken recently by the forum upgrade and its a very manual and ardous process to fix. They will be fixed though.

Omar21

Omar
Thanks guys, currently mixing my old v1 omicron cartridges on the persei using the two small batteries? Is that right combo?

Omar21,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Thanks guys, currently mixing my old v1 omicron cartridges on the persei using the two small batteries? Is that right combo?
severely light on that button ;) i got an old 2.4 with some shatter that was weak on my omi. throw that down with the 6v (2 green batts) and i only need tap for monster hits. can't imagine what that would look like on fresh 7.4 combo ( 2 reds actually hit closer to 8.4 right off charger ) b careful or you might blow that cart!

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
2.4 on 7.4v equals boom and coughing. Maybe coughing and then boom. Either way dont do it if you dont want to loose a cart.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Robaba89

Yes. The 2 small ones that come with the persei, when put together make 7.4v.
The 1 long one is the 3.7v.
edit: beaten by the man himself.

Robaba89,

Omar21

Omar
Awesome, I am also wondering seeing that I replaced my omicron pen vap v1 for this. What is the voltage on v1?

Also sending in the old one for the upgrade to the v2 can't wait "in my Bart Scott voice". Going to figure out how to sort my cartridges.

Omar21,

JoeKickass

Awesome, I am also wondering seeing that I replaced my omicron pen vap v1 for this. What is the voltage on v1?

Also sending in the old one for the upgrade to the v2 can't wait "in my Bart Scott voice". Going to figure out how to sort my cartridges.

Use the large battery for the same performance as the v1 omicron (3.7v)

JoeKickass,
Top Bottom