Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

herbivore21

Sweet. I'm guessing the buffer load should just be oil preferably, not my kiefy oily squishy dough?

Also does the same apply for the 3.7v rod?

herbivore21,
Reactions: DieHard

Caligula

Maximus
Yes and yes.

Oh also the new titanium coils are a bit too narrow in diameter. Gently squishing the coil between two coins or something similar is enough to widen the coil enough that it wont slide up when you hit the Hercules. Just be sure it has a tiny bit of resistance when pushing the coil in due to contact with the inner wall of the cart. That should do it.

@herbivore21

itschad

Got my 3.7v rod in last night and it seemed like it was only getting hot enough to melt my wax but not vape it

recharged all my batteries we'll see what happens today

itschad,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Got my 3.7v rod in last night and it seemed like it was only getting hot enough to melt my wax but not vape it

recharged all my batteries we'll see what happens today
Load a little more than you usually do, but instead of melting all of it in all the way, you want like a pool of oil on top of the rod and coil. Not a lot. But enough so you cant see the rod or coil... Puff on i t while holding the button and when you see clouds inhale normally...take 5-10 seconds longer than white rod

I feel that unless the oil isnt very viscous at room temp, a single coil works best. Also after said coil is saturated (buffer load), I find that 0.2g increments works best to avoid leakage due to overloading.
Ive. Been using. Wax and. 2 coils for a few weeks now and love it!

itschad

Load a little more than you usually do, but instead of melting all of it in all the way, you want like a pool of oil on top of the rod and coil. Not a lot. But enough so you cant see the rod or coil... Puff on i t while holding the button and when you see clouds inhale normally...take 5-10 seconds longer than white rod

Ive. Been using. Wax and. 2 coils for a few weeks now and love it!

Got a nice little pool over my coil and rod and getting whisps at best when puffing after a 15 second heatup, and exhaling nothing after a *very* gentle pull Any chance it's cause I'm using a single coil with not enough total wax?

This seems like it's going to be a waste of time and battery power so far >_>

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Got a nice little pool over my coil and rod and getting whisps at best when puffing after a 15 second heatup, and exhaling nothing after a *very* gentle pull Any chance it's cause I'm using a single coil with not enough total wax?

This seems like it's going to be a waste of time and battery power so far >_>

Takes me about 10 seconds total to start getting same sized clouds as white rod. As for battery power I get the same length if not longer with 1 18350 in a shorty tube as I do with the regular Hercules at 7.4 V.

With 1 coil, I would probably have about 0.4-0.5 absorbed in the coil and then another 0.2 ish on top...

Press button for about 3-4 secs without doing anything, keep holding the button and then start puffing and then inhale like normal.

Are you using AW brand 18650 or 18350?

I haven't tried my black rod since I got the Ti coils or sr74 rod though. I should note all my experience is with SS coils. I've been too busy playing with the iris to clean my herc out and switch to the black rod...thinking about buying a sr74 just to have a dedicated one for the black rod

itschad

I'm using a single fully charged AW 18350 on the shorty with probably .5-.7 loaoded in so far with a SS cut coil that's around 1/3 the length of a full one, with an SR71 black rod. I too, got this as a dedicated black rod unit

itschad,

Caligula

Maximus
Hmmm... im wondering if a shorter coil would work better due to less thermal mass? Less mass = less power needed to heat to the same temp. No?

Caligula,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I'm using a single fully charged AW 18350 on the shorty with probably .5-.7 loaoded in so far with a SS cut coil that's around 1/3 the length of a full one, with an SR71 black rod. I too, got this as a dedicated black rod unit
Hmmm... im wondering if a shorter coil would work better due to less thermal mass? Less mass = less power needed to heat to the same temp. No?
My SS coil is cut so it's just slight bigger than 1 Ti coil. The rod just slightly sticks above it.

Try pushing the rod up slightly and add a little bit more oil...also try doing a slower longer draw after you puff and get whisps

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Caligula

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Can you check the resistance of the Herc with the black rod? And just the black rod by it self?

I'm thinking it's something off with the rod.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Caligula

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I am experimenting with the Hammer Top/Rod as an E-nail with some odds and ends of glass and Titanium. ;)All this paired with a water path in this case DO20 ($30 Chinese bubbler). Anyway I have figured a way to do low/med temp dabs with this combo and no torch. I have to refine it a bit tomorrow and will have some pictures to post. For now it does not look suitable for pictures. However the results of testing are very good:smug:.

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
I am experimenting with the Hammer Top/Rod as an E-nail with some odds and ends of glass and Titanium. ;)All this paired with a water path in this case DO20 ($30 Chinese bubbler). Anyway I have figured a way to do low/med temp dabs with this combo and no torch. I have to refine it a bit tomorrow and will have some pictures to post. For now it does not look suitable for pictures. However the results of testing are very good:smug:.

I've been doing the same, and even broken out the ol' ti skillet, which also paired well with the hammer setup. Even got a "sledge hammer" aka 2nd hammer top/rod, so one can cool while the other one does duty. Double the fun.

itschad

Can you check the resistance of the Herc with the black rod? And just the black rod by it self?

I'm thinking it's something off with the rod.

fully assembled herc is reading about 2.8ohm

can't test the rod by its self as it broke trying to take it out.

*EDIT* the rod is cracked so that the central rod is showing, but theres still a little bit of the lead on the bottom, and the top one is undamaged. I don't get any reading on my DMM with it though

Agree. Sounds like rod placement may he off? @THC SCIENTIFIC do you have a reference picture of the correct rod position?

*shrug* it was pushed in a bit more than the 74 one, so that only a small amount of the top contact was visible

aaaaaand i have no clue how im going to get this rod out. Should have known I was going to have problems when after 45 minutes the only way I could get it in was to open the threads even more.

DOUBLE EDIT: Found a 2nd black rod I had ordered a few months back. it's got a resistance of .9, and fully assembled has a resistance of 1.

Last edited:
itschad,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
@itschad your issue is either a faulty rod, since a black rod suppose to read around .8

Now to get it out push it in and get it out through the top section.

Also show me a pic of the cracked rod and ill ship out a new one to you.

itschad

My SS coil is cut so it's just slight bigger than 1 Ti coil. The rod just slightly sticks above it.

Try pushing the rod up slightly and add a little bit more oil...also try doing a slower longer draw after you puff and get whisps

This coil is definitely smaller than a TI coil. i have a pre-loaded TI coil at my girlfriends place so I'll try swapping coils and try that one when I get over there. I was able to get this other black rod in and tightened down without issue, and it's at least getting warm enough to produce whispy hits. Gonna leave it alone til I can get around her place and swap coils

@itschad your issue is either a faulty rod, since a black rod suppose to read around .8

Now to get it out push it in and get it out through the top section.

Also show me a pic of the cracked rod and ill ship out a new one to you.

Hey thanks, I really appreciate that.

oXYon5J.jpg

Is there a good way to reclaim oil from a coil? Have people been successful soaking the entire coil in iso?

itschad,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
This coil is definitely smaller than a TI coil. i have a pre-loaded TI coil at my girlfriends place so I'll try swapping coils and try that one when I get over there. I was able to get this other black rod in and tightened down without issue, and it's at least getting warm enough to produce whispy hits. Gonna leave it alone til I can get around her place and swap coils

Hey thanks, I really appreciate that.

oXYon5J.jpg

Is there a good way to reclaim oil from a coil? Have people been successful soaking the entire coil in iso?

so you have two rods and both arnt producing vapor, can you give me the ohms for both?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
my hercules provides quite amazing tasting clouds at 3.7, never burns my oil. Really like how easy it is to service, and clean! A bit large for my portable vape, but around the home and at the desk it's my daily driver. Pairs to 14/18mm glass so well! I'm a happy camper :tup:
YeABqUi.png

Caligula

Maximus
First of all... WTF is that on your Persei?!?

Secondly, Im thinking the Hercules wont like being upside down like that for very long. At least not when in use. Have you not encountered oil leakage or slipped coil issues when inverting it like that?

I really like the whip setup @DieHard has to pair his SR with glass.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
First of all... WTF is that on your Persei?!?

Secondly, Im thinking the Hercules wont like being upside down like that for very long. At least not when in use. Have you not encountered oil leakage or slipped coil issues when inverting it like that?

I really like the whip setup @DieHard has to pair his SR with glass.

dont think thats a persei, its a mod if im not mistaken.

Caligula

Maximus
Ah. Makes sense. I was thinking it was a wrap or protective case of some sort... lol not that a Persei needs one.

Caligula,
Top Bottom