Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
I am getting a lot of emails asking if I am leaving the UPTech product line...let me be clear.... I AM NOT!

Simply selling some old gear to get new gear. Persei and UPTech are my daily drivers and I am not about to leave!

So please guys, relax!

Love me some persei!

=)

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
I'm glad you did Sleepin in CA, I really like my one eyed purple people eater :D
Awesome, still have a LOT to go (sell) since I found my preferred unit. Surprisingly it's one of the discontinued chrome ones. Some things just can't be improved upon....except to be made solid chrome with an accent ring kit (done!).

Going to be listing some more minis, and a few other things in the days to come.....

=)

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
Should read somewhere between 2.1-2.5

Thanks I found your youtube video about a hour ago, assembled, tested, loaded .5 (pomegranate infused OG Kush) , fired up and nothing. Took the coil out, compressed it between two coins using pliers, loaded up another .3- .4, took a hit and instantly remembered why I love UPTech products. GOD FUCKING DAMN THIS SHIT IS CRAZY!!! Haven't felt this satisfied with a purchase in a while.

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
Use the sr71 rod lets compare if you can.
I have done this with the 71 rod. The results are nearly the same but if I were to hold the button as long it would start to taste burned. You can't see so good in the vid but I am pulsing the button and "carbing" the adaptor to the KISS. With the 71 rod, if I dork out on coordinating pulsing with carbing AND inhaling... You get the idea.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Awesome, still have a LOT to go (sell) since I found my preferred unit. Surprisingly it's one of the discontinued chrome ones. Some things just can't be improved upon....except to be made solid chrome with an accent ring kit (done!).

Going to be listing some more minis, and a few other things in the days to come.....

=)
Care to fill me in on what's better about the discontinued model? I had a first-gen chrome with the double top I bought the more expensive old model just so I could pair it with an SS kit and have two Persei's, but I have had bad issues with killing tops, and would like to know what I missed out on, and what I did wrong.

I was using my double top with a single V1 KISS cart on an 18350 SS tube in February this year and after about 2 or 3 good hits I noticed burning electronic smoke coming out of the top w/out the button being pressed. The bottom spring had collapsed... Took my top back to where it was purchased instead of filing a warranty directly with w9tech (MISTAKE) and they lost the top and SS cap. Down to one Persei.

Months later I bought an SR74. Used the Herc for three amazing days putting about 1.5-2g through it. Worked great. That Monday I went and bought a Nibbler XL. Used vaseline on all the O rings and the first session was amazing. When we were in need of a re-load I pulled the Nibbler off, reloaded and primed, twisted the Nibbler back on and the Persei was dead. No smoke, no drama, just a collapsed bottom spring and no light when the button's pressed.

I followed G's youtube video method of having the Herc assembled on the Persei and then twisting the Nibbler onto the Herc, and now am wondering if that caused the Herc to over tighten into the threads of the Persei. No where in that video does he show needing to loosen threads to avoid blowing the top, but the newest version of SR74 instructions have a warning saying only thread until resistance is felt.

Naomi offered to analyze what went wrong if I sent in my Herc but it was still full of oil, if anyone had other ideas what I am doing wrong please chime in. I used my Omicron V2 problem free for 2 years needing no customer support or anything besides carts and batteries. Only after buying an HVD now Persei have I started having issues and I want to learn how to fix them.

SamuraiSam,

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
@SamuraiSam I was speaking of aesthetics only (looks), and even then it's personal opinion.

As for your issue.... I would bet its one of two things....

1. Oil got in the rod connections somewhere.... Happens.

Or( and if the top is dead this is the more likely)

2. The old top failed and shorted out. One thing the v1 tops DONT have is the short protection for the herc. Check to see if top will power other carts, if not then this happened.

Go to w9tech.com and file a ticket in the upper right. They will have you send your top in for a replacement more than likely.

Had to so it more than a few times myself. Usually it's user error, but I know I've had some blow for no apparent reason. Thankfully w9tech (Gary/Naomi) stand behind their gear.

They will get you sorted out, just get that ticket going.

=)

Edit... I missed the collapsed spring part. You definitely had a short. File a ticket/contact G as I believe you will need a new spring as well as a top. It's the fail safe to prevent catastrophe. Spring fails, battery falls, and connection breaks. As I understand it.

Last edited:

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I wish I had done the ticket thing initially. But In my quest to buy more UP tech gear at a great price I picked up a moonlighting gig part time working at a shop that carried their products and also let me buy gear at an even better deal than the forum special. When I broke the double top months back with the KISS I brought in my SS cap, spring, double top- all stuff I had bought from the store and some of which I had even placed on the shop order from Naomi- to have warrantied through the shop months ago. Then my boss totally dropped the ball on sending in the warranty gear for myself and other customers, then didn't want me to work anymore - claims to have "lost" my stuff... she has also "lost" several Iris tops somehow... I'm glad to not be working there anymore.. but I have nothing there to claim anyways.

The second stuff that blew 2 weeks ago, on the standard tube and single top, I went straight to UP tech as I should have the whole time and they have already gotten me a new V2 tube and top. Super happy with their warranty, just not happy with having to use it 3 times in the last 3 months. I know the double top warranty is long gone and they are "only" sending out 3 kiss carts. I for one would have been stoked and grateful to try both voltages of kiss carts, the price of which I feel exceeds the value of the double cart in dollars- I just wish the warranty also included the ability to purchase a single top at the time you give back your broken double top, to keep the (probably large amount) of people who would be high and dry after buying a double top kit and an SS kit. Dreaming! And then I wake up and notice you have some Persei stuff for sale. Really glad Naomi suggested I should join the forum here.

There was some leaking into the bottom chamber with the spring loaded center post. So if that happens it can short out and blow a top? I didn't realize overloading was such a critical failure, but I did make that mistake. After a lot of success with .4g on one coil (this was before the squished coil trick) I tried 2 coils to fix the sliding-up problem, and put in another .4 with the 2nd coil. That did work for awhile though before adding the Nibbler.

Neither dead top would power anything, be it a KISS or old school steel cart.
except to be made solid chrome with an accent ring kit (done!).

=)
So when I sent in my Chrome unit I tried to game the system and keep the accent rings hoping to later get a Black setup as well and have an extra set of rings to make the black one super ninja stealthy. Of course they didn't send me any new black accent rings on my warranty unit. I'd happily buy the accent kit you speak of, but didn't see it anywhere on their site/know of it's existence.

And as I discovered, the rings are slightly different heights and lead to a misalignment of the Persei logo, anyways.

SmE0UGJ.jpg

Sigh.

Last edited:

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
Oil leakage does not cause shorts, but can cause a herc not to work due to lack of connection.

I agree with the double top replacement issue. I feel it should be your choice for a top or kiss carts. What can you do though? Lol. At least they give you SOMETHING right?

The ring kits are bought by buying other kits and swapping them. Or maybe you can sweet talk G in a pm, but I doubt it as the system is moving strictly to web support it seems. I have a blue accent kit if you want it. Pm me.

Your old boss sounds like a real winner, be glad you are free of the crazy. Those people ruin lives man. A few persei bits is a small sacrifice for freedom/peace of mind.

=)

215z

Thank you @caporoot @DieHard @Mynameismud @Hedonismbot for the hints and tips.

What I was doing right was keeping it horizontal at all times, as well cooling it down real good. What I was doing wrong was overloading it, and heating the coils without hitting it to melt that fresh oil. After draining and wiping out excess oil, I chained vaped it over the weekend, including a two day hike in the woods. I only added about 0.2g of the reclaimed oil back into the Herc at the end of each night. It hits way better now with less oil in it. I have found hitting it "naked" (without the Delrin heat shield) lets me better gauge if I need to keep taking cool-down puffs.

It also sounds like many of you prefer waxes, shatter, and pullsnaps for your Herc over oil. Where I live, the best values concentrates are liquid at room temperature. On most days, the best quality concentrates are liquid at room temperature too. So, I'm going to learn to make do with oil. Would be I better off using this oil in Omicron carts?

Caligula

Maximus
I think you would be better off using two coils for oil of that viscosity. Its also possible to thicken up your oil through some minimal processing. May want to post up in the concentrates section and ask about that.

Oh and to add to that... I found that I got leaking because I wasnt pulling hard enough. I would always try to be careful and not suck so hard as not to unseat the coil however ever since squishing the coil a bit to widen its circumference, this is no longer a problem and thus I can hit the herc as hard as I want. This was a game changer as far as doing proper cool down hits.

herbivore21

So, who has been having success with the 3.7v persei gr2 TI kiss carts and the SS Kit w/ 1 IMR AW 18350? I really want to get the most out of a tiny package with the Persei when out and about. Which carts/attachments go well with the smallest SS kit body?

herbivore21,

215z

I have oodles of fun with a TiKISS 3.7V attached to far less capable power sources than a AW18350IMR powered Persei. I have no doubt that you'll be very happy with your proposed setup.

215z,
Top Bottom