Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
Good afternoon all, I got a quick question: Does anyone know of a battery charger that will charge all the different types of Persei & Omicron batteries? I was checking out nitecore & xtar, but seems they don't do some sizes(18350,14650)? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Caligula,any input? I think u have nitecore

THE KISS FREAK,

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
Good afternoon all, I got a quick question: Does anyone know of a battery charger that will charge all the different types of Persei & Omicron batteries? I was checking out nitecore & xtar, but seems they don't do some sizes(18350,14650)? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Caligula,any input? I think u have nitecore

Not trying to speak for him but the Nitecore i4 is perfect.

DaNi_DuB,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
When a buddy came over with his Omicron, my Nitecore would not charge the Omi batteries. I had to break out the old stock Persei charger, which got the job done. Not sure if it was user error on my part. Hopefully someone with the Nitecore and an Omicron can test it.

Edit: ...Or I could get off my butt and look it up. Here's the specs:

Compatible with:
Li-ion / IMR: 26650, 22650, 18650, 17670, 18490, 17500, 17335, 16340(RCR123), 14500, 10440
Ni-MH / Ni-Cd: AA, AAA, C

Not sure why the 18350's aren't listed.

Got info from http://www.nitecore.com/productDetail.aspx?id=18

Last edited:
syrupy,

thegoo

Hey guys,
Has anyone had any trouble with the 14250 batteries for the mini? I have just received my replacement set from uptech and I still can't get them to work. I originally bought the minicron from vaporwarehouse two weeks ago and when I received it the batteries were not functioning, I filed a report and uptech had batteries out to me the next day which i very much appreciated. (there customer service really is outstanding) Anyway I just put the new set on the charger and after 30 minutes the light was green. I have tried every which way to get the minicron to turn on but it doesnt seem like the device is drawing any power from the batteries at all. SOo....I have lent my voltage meter to a buddy who is not around this weekend and I find myself unable to test them for myself. Any suggestions? Or does anyone know where I could find these batteries elsewhere?

Edit: Sorry I meant to post this in the Omicron thread.

Last edited:
thegoo,

caporoot

Vapor > Smoke
We also have the final version Persei top we think fixes all the issues. Testing to start soon.

I have a first version without the safety cool down and turn on/off feature, and the second one I think that has both of these features.

Whats new about the Final version?

caporoot,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Great minds think alike, I asked the same question two pages ago.
This is the only 4 bay charger I see listed on Xtar's site, is this model the best out there? http://www.fasttech.com/product/1450115-xtar-xp4-four-slots-ni-mh-li-ion-battery-charger

At this point I have nearly every battery size youve sold except the cr123s. I'd appreciate your input on the best charger that can handle my 14250s up to 18650 (and am about to try some 18490s too...)
I was looking at the Nitecore i4 and xtar xp4, and although neither say they can do 14250s, I bet the included chargers weren't designed to charge them either, hence the spacers. I hope they work with the XP4 because I'm getting that one.

SamuraiSam,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Which part of this is the PTFE insulator?
Its the little white ring. It fits into the bottom adapter where the center post screws into.
I have a first version without the safety cool down and turn on/off feature, and the second one I think that has both of these features.

Whats new about the Final version?
There were issues with the V3 top, the one with the push out button that had the on/off feature. Possibly the second one you were referring to. It would randomly stop working and only blink even with fresh batteries. Sometimes it would fix itself, other times youd have to unscrew the cartridge and/or top sometimes multiple times before it would work again. Sometimes it would work for a while other times youd take one hit and then it would go back to blinking... I sent mine back to G and he recreated the issue and think its fixed. That was about a month or so ago

Last edited:

THE KISS FREAK

Rock & Roll All Night & Party Every Day!
thanks everbody for your input on my charger question. I think I'm leaning towards the Nitecore. Thank you Caligula for your response, greatly appreciated! :) Does anyone know if the nitecore will do 14250 as well?, with or without the spacers.

gudiss

i love my herc and w9 products. the CS is very good! although, i must say i find it very strange that if i choose as a herc owner to purchase a second spare part (any part) for the herc that this is not offered:hmm:
not sure why??? to protect w9 and sales of new hercs, i could see having to show proof of prior herc purchase to obtain/ buy spare parts for the herc.

i would assume many herc users rely on this device for daily medicating. having some spare parts that are vulnerable to failure is important to the daily herc user!

gudiss,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
i love my herc and w9 products. the CS is very good! although, i must say i find it very strange that if i choose as a herc owner to purchase a second spare part (any part) for the herc that this is not offered:hmm:
not sure why??? to protect w9 and sales of new hercs, i could see having to show proof of prior herc purchase to obtain/ buy spare parts for the herc.

i would assume many herc users rely on this device for daily medicating. having some spare parts that are vulnerable to failure is important to the daily herc user!
Most if not all parts are for sale. They may not be on the site but you can call in or file a ticket and we can get you the pieces. We are constantly updating the site with parts and pieces it's very tedious with the amount of stuff the Hercules sr71 /74 have !

gudiss

Most if not all parts are for sale. They may not be on the site but you can call in or file a ticket and we can get you the pieces. We are constantly updating the site with parts and pieces it's very tedious with the amount of stuff the Hercules sr71 /74 have !
understand!! good to hear- thanks for quick reply

gudiss,

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
Anyone know what the herc should measure at with a multimeter? Also, I know they've been posted a few times but any tips for the sr-74?

DaNi_DuB,

warnerg54

Just buy this one, and be done with it.... This is what I use, as well as a majority of the others... It charges 18350, it just does not mention it in the description... Its a $20 piece of equipment... I would treat it as an item that you will probably replace every 18 months or so.... The fact of the matter is comparing the xtar, tothe nite core, is like the whole chevy vs. ford... They are both going to run like shit when they hit 80k-90k miles.... This is the one I bought... If there was a really high quality unit for like $60 I would buy it... But alas my searches have not yielded any results....

http://www.amazon.com/Nitecore-Inte...qid=1398529080&sr=8-1&keywords=nitecore+i4+v2

Top Bottom