Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

thevaf

I cant name names. You can.

Sure you can.

FC Manufacturer Rules: "You can’t mention another company’s product unless it’s an informational post in response to a member question or incorrect statement" (emphasis added by me)

Will the nibbler T fit on a kiss cart? it looks like it might?

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Sure you can.

FC Manufacturer Rules: "You can’t mention another company’s product unless it’s an informational post in response to a member question or incorrect statement" (emphasis added by me)

Will the nibbler T fit on a kiss cart? it looks like it might?

Well first of all I want to make sure I don't get banned.

Second part not sure have to check and see how to mate it to the kiss cart have to look into a adapter with orings.

OB

99ih.jpg

jeffzorz

Ill take that very much talking about the perc :p

Maybe I shouldn't I've broken 2 nibbler xls, one I got from up tech the other from another member here. I just got another last week which my daughter promptly broke :)
Edit is it still available? Anything is better than my Okeanos which was mailed march 11 but still isn't here. Good old usps

Last edited by a moderator:

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Maybe I shouldn't I've broken 2 nibbler xls, one I got from up tech the other from another member here. I just got another last week which my daughter promptly broke :)
Edit is it still available? Anything is better than my Okeanos which was mailed march 11 but still isn't here. Good old usps
You should call usps. I had something similar happen with batteries i ordered. Mailed out, about a week later it was at the sorting facility by me. Never got delivered, went another 2-3 weeks and nothing changed on the tracking. Asked my buddy at the post office to look into it and it was delivered the next day

Mynameismud,
Reactions: Caligula

215z

Hey guys! Please help me reduce the leaking that occurs into the SR-74 chamber. I'm following the best practices I've gleaned from this long thread.

That is, squished the coil between quarters so it doesn't move, I keep the Herc horizontal at all times (rotating it so that oil does not accumulate on one side), I only have the heat on for the first half of the hit, etc. I have been very vigilant about puffing on it after (with power off) to cool it down. I started with .3g on the coil, heated it until the oil disapeared, loaded another .3g, took rips yesterday every half hour until I passed out, loaded another .3g... waked n baked and let it cool for a few hours.

I took it apart, heated the bottom chamber, and at least .3g dark oil has poured out. The bottom of the rod is still covered in blonde oil. The airflow is closed, so its not dripping through. I torqued that rod-retaining nut real good with pliers, I had to so that the stiff spring in the lower chamber didn't keep pushing the rod through (which breaks the electrical connection).

Would an SR-71 be less likely to leak? Not that I can find it on the website to order anyway.

215z,

caporoot

Vapor > Smoke
Hey guys! Please help me reduce the leaking that occurs into the SR-74 chamber. I'm following the best practices I've gleaned from this long thread.

That is, squished the coil between quarters so it doesn't move, I keep the Herc horizontal at all times (rotating it so that oil does not accumulate on one side), I only have the heat on for the first half of the hit, etc. I have been very vigilant about puffing on it after (with power off) to cool it down. I started with .3g on the coil, heated it until the oil disapeared, loaded another .3g, took rips yesterday every half hour until I passed out, loaded another .3g... waked n baked and let it cool for a few hours.

I took it apart, heated the bottom chamber, and at least .3g dark oil has poured out. The bottom of the rod is still covered in blonde oil. The airflow is closed, so its not dripping through. I torqued that rod-retaining nut real good with pliers, I had to so that the stiff spring in the lower chamber didn't keep pushing the rod through (which breaks the electrical connection).

Would an SR-71 be less likely to leak? Not that I can find it on the website to order anyway.

I have the same issue, it reduced once I started the "cool down" hits but it still leaks regardless of what I do. I have it so it doesnt leak down to the bottom of the rod but its definitely slowly coming through the air flow holes. I'm wondering if we should use both the coils? It may trap/contain the concentrate much better.

caporoot,

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker

The issue with your leaking could be due to the consistency of your oil. If it is soft to liquid at room temperature, use 2 coils. The airflow can't be completely closed, or you would not be able to draw through it. You may try using it with the black heat shield removed, and the mouthpiece in place. I have had some luck stopping the leaking by using it this way (mine is SR-71 with 74 "essentials kit"). It does not hold the heat as long this way. Also be sure your "cool down" rips (power off) are long enough that the unit is cool to touch.
EtvuSq3.jpg

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker

Sr71 leaks just the same if your not careful. Although if you use it the way you described it should not be leaking...

A few things immediately come to mind...
Could be consistency of oil like someone already mentioned.

I know you said you keep it on its side when hitting it, but are you also storing it on its side?

Lastly, try puffing on the herc while your loading and melting the oil in the coil. If your just jamming the button and melting the oil down itll most likely leak

Hedonismbot

Lastly, try puffing on the herc while your loading and melting the oil in the coil. If your just jamming the button and melting the oil down itll most likely leak

This.

As a rule I never press the power button more than a few seconds without inhaling even when I'm priming a coil or loading in fresh oil (I also have SR-71s). I assemble my Herc without the outer shield and without the bottom adapter (like DieHard shows above but without even the bottom adapter). I just screw the cartridge on the Persei directly, press the power button for a few seconds while inhaling slowly. After a few hits like this I pop the top SS cap off (SR-71 makes this easy since it isn't threaded) and look inside. If I'm topping off a cartridge and I see that the new wax addition is partially melted in then i'm finished loading. If I'm priming I keep taking a few light hits at a time until I see that the wax has melted into the coil. Then I load another addition and repeat until the coil is saturated and I'm starting to get massive hits. I only load about .16 to .20 grams at a time into a working Herc. If I try to load more than that my Herc gets gurgly with oil (best way I can describe it!). Only when I'm done loading or priming do I completely reassemble the Herc.

This has worked well for me. But even with my best efforts I still get some oil in the bottom chamber. I don't worry about it until oil starts to regularly ooze out of the side air holes out of the bottom chamber. This starts happening to me after about 3 grams of oil have gone through. So about every 3 grams I open the bottom chamber and scrape out the reclaim. Kind of a pain but a small price to pay to get the monster hits that the Herc delivers day in and day out.

So, bottom line for me is heat without airflow = leaks.

Hedo

gudiss

First off.. F U ;) that looks amazing

Second off, I'm guessing you live there and didn't risk taking it overseas? If not, you sir are a legend.

Ha- i wish i lived there! hopefully someday!
the 3.7v herc shown in my hand above was backed up by a 7.4v herc in the hotel room. i am firm believer in redundancy! in addittion a beautiful 11 gram variety wax & shatter buffet. i sat on the beach all day puffing on the herc watching my kids in the water.

the nibbler made the trip aswell! a must for sitting on the balcony in the evening listening to the waves.

btw, the herc sr74 worked succesfully at 36,000 feet above the ground while moving at 540 knots in a tiny bathroom:)

caporoot

Vapor > Smoke
Ha- i wish i lived there! hopefully someday!
the 3.7v herc shown in my hand above was backed up by a 7.4v herc in the hotel room. i am firm believer in redundancy! in addittion a beautiful 11 gram variety wax & shatter buffet. i sat on the beach all day puffing on the herc watching my kids in the water.

the nibbler made the trip aswell! a must for sitting on the balcony in the evening listening to the waves.

btw, the herc sr74 worked succesfully at 36,000 feet above the ground while moving at 540 knots in a tiny bathroom:)

Legend amongst men!

gudiss

im trying to figure out where the hot women are at? False advertising from the trip planner i say.
NO
unbelievable spanish women 500 feet down on the "topless" side, french island-
i took the herc on many strolls up the beach checking out the talent blowing massive clouds of GSC shatter. whats interesting is only one person the whole trip asked me what it was. and he was the person sitting next to me on the plane!!!!

Last edited:

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Are the SR-74 PTFE insulators a wear item that needs regular replacement, and that's why they're only available in a 10 pack? I stupidly lost one of my insulators while my Persei top's been away for warranty- I ended up buying another Persei today in my impatience and only then realized I was missing a part. I've only used my Nibbler XL about ten minutes and have had it for nearly a month, I was hoping to get back in action this weekend... looking for any other option than a $20 mail order 10 pack. Of course, if theyre consumables and will get used, I'll order it immediately.

I was going to get the Nitecore i4 before G said that Xtar is the best. DieHard I appreciate the suggestion on Kidneypuncher for Xtar but they are out of stock on the 4 bay model.

I see lots of suggestions for hitting the Herc sideways and storing it that way too. How do you do this with the Nibbler attached or are you guys constantly sliding it on and off every session?

Last edited:
SamuraiSam,
Reactions: DieHard

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Are the SR-74 PTFE insulators a wear item that needs regular replacement, and that's why they're only available in a 10 pack? I stupidly lost one of my insulators while my Persei top's been away for warranty- I ended up buying another Persei today in my impatience and only then realized I was missing a part. I've only used my Nibbler XL about ten minutes and have had it for nearly a month, I was hoping to get back in action this weekend... looking for any other option than a $20 mail order 10 pack. Of course, if theyre consumables and will get used, I'll order it immediately.

I was going to get the Nitecore i4 before G said that Xtar is the best. DieHard I appreciate the suggestion on Kidneypuncher for Xtar but they are out of stock on the 4 bay model.

I see lots of suggestions for hitting the Herc sideways and storing it that way too. How do you do this with the Nibbler attached or are you guys constantly sliding it on and off every session?
I dont think theyre consumable. Theyre just easily lost as youve figured out. Im assuming it comes in a ten pack because it probably doesnt make sense for them to sell them individually...

In the meantime i would stop using the herc that doesnt have one as you can damage both the hercules and/or top without it(i believe/was told)

Mynameismud,
Top Bottom