Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Caligula

Maximus
I hope we see those sr-74 upgrade parts and TI oil coils ship today?

I just came here to say I got my shipping notification!

@halibutt sometimes the server is slow so if you spam the post button itll do repeated replies. I'm sure a mod will fix that shortly.

Also if you notice, he wasnt quoting you but rather someone else.

Caligula,
Reactions: Dangus

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Last night I somehow got the screen clogged! I don't really remember it clogging, but I couldn't hit it this morning. So, then I took it COMPLETELY apart (oops, talking about the SR74) and soaked it in ISO for a couple of hours. I was amazed at how easily I was able to put it all back together. It's been perfect all day.

I mention this because I want the new folks here to understand that this is not a "plug and play" vaporizer like the Cloud (EVO, not the pen). You have to start to understand how it works before you really get it. The veterans here think nothing of the problems anymore, because they really aren't problems.

As for the KISS, well I fried mine the first night. I really didn't know those basic rules of the KISS- like don't lean on the button, don't put too much in, etc. I treated it like a fucking Pax or something and fried it. I was pissed (like many of you) but from that day I have learned so much.

After it died, I ordered the Hercules SR74. I was intimidated by it and even had it leak. But again, I didn't know to store it on it's side and to cool it down after a session.

So, my only criticism of W9 is the lack of documentation. And this thread is awesome, but it's pretty hard to read through 763 pages to learn what you need to learn about the attachments.

So, I've had my SR74 for a few days now and I am loving it. It works fine with the stock batteries but I will be ordering more before we head to Colorado. I'm also going to grab a 3.4 KISS to play with. I'm a gadget guy and do like tinkering with things (to a point), so I think Persei is going to be a good fit for me.

GetToTheChoppa

Cool deal thanks for the clarification regarding the 7.4 KISS cart ohms and the battery info. Thought i read somebody say the Herc on the stock batteries is pretty much worthless and to buy some AW's for it to work properly. But i was wrong sorry bout that.

I agree its lame to have all these complaints without trying the unit. But im still deciding if i want to return it and buy something else. CAnt do that if i spark it up. My biggest issue is the crooked accessories. Wish it didnt bother me so much, but it does.

I have been doing lots of battery research over the weekend. Sent out around 20 emails to different battery suppliers. Im learning a ton of interesting info. Im hoping to find a chinese distributor who repackages Japanese cells. I have a plan to measure the watts supplied by the different batteries. Will have actual real life data to compare them. I play with a lot of Lithium RC batteries so i already have the equipment to measure them while under load.

GetToTheChoppa,
Reactions: Caligula

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
@Tstat I got your kiss cart rebuilt already bro! No worries!
2014-03-10165829_zpsf8377d47.jpg

I also got those bitchin stands you made for me! Love them. They work perfectly. In fact I even modded the NXL one to hold one of my SR71's and a kiss cart. Even had to pull out the whole collection to see how they all fit. I definitely see another order for more coming from me in the future!
1394496015493_zpsc090953b.jpg

Guys if you need stands I highly recommend sending Tstat a pm. He made these custom for me for a GREAT price! I will be showing them off more in (better light lol) pics/videos when I have a chance to set up my camera!

Super stoked!

I also got my shipping notice for my SR74 rod and AAFs, my new titanium gr2 nail, kidney puncher fc-2000 wicks and post insulators, and my new multimeter! Fuck. Yes. Today was a good day. No AK necessary.

=)

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
@Tstat I got your kiss cart rebuilt already bro! No worries!
2014-03-10165829_zpsf8377d47.jpg

I also got those bitchin stands you made for me! Love them. They work perfectly. In fact I even modded the NXL one to hold one of my SR71's and a kiss cart. Even had to pull out the whole collection to see how they all fit. I definitely see another order for more coming from me in the future!
1394496015493_zpsc090953b.jpg

Guys if you need stands I highly recommend sending Tstat a pm. He made these custom for me for a GREAT price! I will be showing them off more in (better light lol) pics/videos when I have a chance to set up my camera!

Super stoked!

I also got my shipping notice for my SR74 rod and AAFs, my new titanium gr2 nail, kidney puncher fc-2000 wicks and post insulators, and my new multimeter! Fuck. Yes. Today was a good day. No AK necessary.

=)
qBo13ZC.jpg

This will load into a 2.4 cart.
0.65 grams.
0.40 grams add 0.25.

This is my program.
Can you rebuild my K.I.S.S. Cart?

lockie

Did all the shipments for Pre-order Hercules 74/ti coil go out already? I didn't get a notification :(

lockie,

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
So I went to Target with the family, and I spotted these cube shelves, and I knew they had to be mine for next to the bed. This is what I did....

20140310_194646_zpsdc6c0unu.jpg

Now the two cube stands sit next to me and serve as a persei "cup holder" if you will. (Pm Tstat for stands!)

2014-03-10%2020.46.43_zps5muuwium.jpg

I think I am going to commission an accessory rack/dab holder for the work mat. I could see it being super handy for loading...

Super happy today, now I just need my Triton and I can relax. Hope that testing is flying by......

Last edited:

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I'm having an issue with my Okeanos and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what's causing it. When I use my Okeanos, I get little to no vapor and it starts to feel as if it were clogged. When I check the Okeanos unit however, it is clear of any oil. When I try to use the TI cart without the Okeanos, I have zero issues. Can anybody help me figure this out? Am I being a spaz and missing something obvious? @Sleepin in CA ?

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
@kindbeats have you cleaned the baffles on the center post, or done a long iso soak on it? If so...when you blow on the bottom end (w/o covering baffles) is the airpath clear? Have you watched my videos?

Not being contrite, just honestly asking.

=)

lockie

I'm having an issue with my Okeanos and for the life of me, I cannot figure out what's causing it. When I use my Okeanos, I get little to no vapor and it starts to feel as if it were clogged. When I check the Okeanos unit however, it is clear of any oil. When I try to use the TI cart without the Okeanos, I have zero issues. Can anybody help me figure this out? Am I being a spaz and missing something obvious? @Sleepin in CA ?
I get the same issue you're having, even after many iso baths, I just don't know what's going on, it keeps clogging so I really haven't been using it as much as I've wanted to.

lockie,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
LOL! Hard to take a quadruple poster seriously, but I actually did know something about it before I bought the Persei. Certainly not as much as I know now, the biggest problem for me is the learning curve. Hence my hesitation ordering additional cartridges or the herc if I can't even get a KISS cart to last more than 24 hours.

Havent tried the K.I.S.S cart yet. Just ordered a 3.7V gr2 yesterday cause im curious. The people having them die out really fast are the 7.4V ones or are they both having issues. Do you need to be cautious about not letting the 3.7V glow, run dry or load too much?

Any back to why i was posting, the KISS and Herc are two completely different beasts. The Kiss is a consumable cartridge meaning it wont last forever. The herc is a beast. Unless you lose parts it will last a long long time. It seems very complicated if you dont have one but once you get it and assemble it a few times you realize how easy and simple it really is. And nothing out there beats it

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
SR-74 parts and Ti coils shipping notice last night woohoo!,:D:cheers:
I forgot how amazing the 2.4 carts are?

Like driving a 914 instead of the 911 to go to the market!
Havent tried the K.I.S.S cart yet. Just ordered a 3.7V gr2 yesterday cause im curious. The people having them die out really fast are the 7.4V ones or are they both having issues. Do you need to be cautious about not letting the 3.7V glow, run dry or load too much?

Any back to why i was posting, the KISS and Herc are two completely different beasts. The Kiss is a consumable cartridge meaning it wont last forever. The herc is a beast. Unless you lose parts it will last a long long time. It seems very complicated if you dont have one but once you get it and assemble it a few times you realize how easy and simple it really is. And nothing out there beats it
Normally I'm pretty wreak-less!

However I have a SR71 and a SR74.
Plus a Dozen or so Carts 2.4 and 5.0's. I like both actually for different reasons.

They are very efficient!
The SR's are more like a after dinner drink.

Flavor and Power!

I'm just taking a back seat for the moment.

The K.I.S.S. cart with T2 should be amazing.

Can't wait to get back into the race!

For now I'm on cruise control!

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: DieHard

Krazzykid

In some ways I disagree with this idea. You don't teach a guy to drive starting out on the freeway, or learn to ride motorcycles by jumping on the hottest superbike in the dealer. Guys who decide to learn to fly a Cessna fare better than those who start out with a more complex, powerful machine.

The Ferrari might make it to the liquor store faster, but I think the Prius has a better chance of getting home with the beer on average? The Ferrari has the clear edge in the 'more likely to end up in a ditch than the driveway' division of course, but that's not the original goal.......

Once one has learned the skills the rules may change, but starting out I think 'easier to control' is a big plus.

OF
I just want to say I was taught to drive starting out on the freeway. My dads thinking here was that if I can handle that being thrown at me, then there's nothing I can't handle. Getting off the shoulder and back into traffic was a little scary the first time but I handled that like a pro and have been an amazing driver ever since (my words). Just wanted to share that.

I agree with you completely though that people should learn to use these attachments at standard voltages and resistances before trying to use maximum power.

Krazzykid,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom