Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Lo

Combustion free since '09
No, it's NOT PG, it is NOT liquid. I use PG for e-cig liquid and Pax lubrication so I'm quite familiar. It has the consistency of vaseline or some type of grease but it's not petroleum based, silicone I think. A tiny dab on a toothpick lubes o-rings.

Sleepin in CA

Higher than a Pterodactyl, you can call me Caveman
Accessory Maker
thanks naomi answered everything for me.
So are you going to become an official retailer? If so, where about is your business located? I think I heard you say California? If central to northern.....that might come in handy for me from time to time. Like when I'm in a "I need to has it nao!" mood.

=)

@Caligula OMFG This shit has me rolling still!

Seller: @@syrupy
Buyer: Me
Description of item: PVHE GonG (18mm)
Cost of item: 1 very used copy of "50 Shades of Grey", w/ free lube stains.
Payment time: Once the blood contract was signed.
Shipping time: I just got it.
Rating out of 5: 5
Comments: You are NOT getting these Arby's coupons back.

edit.....fuck fuck fuck it's too funny!

Last edited:

yeagermyster

So I got my hercules sr74 the other day. I was busy so I didn't get to use till last night. Took it apart and boiled as I had seen you should do. I watched several YouTube vids on setting up the 71 so I thought I had an idea of what to do. Put the 3.7 black rod in and added some bho and promptly fried the single top immediately. I have the double top and am using the regular cartridge on it just fine. I obviously f'd up setting up the hercules. Seems simple but guess it's not. I will buy the warranty and submit a ticket for the top. Can I use the hercules at 3.7 on the double top? What are the common mistakes setting up the hercules?How far up should you slide the rod? I don't want to fry the double top and then be screwed. Love the persei with just the cartridges. But want to see what the hercules can do! Can you help this hercules newb out.

yeagermyster,

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
So I got my hercules sr74 the other day. I was busy so I didn't get to use till last night. Took it apart and boiled as I had seen you should do. I watched several YouTube vids on setting up the 71 so I thought I had an idea of what to do. Put the 3.7 black rod in and added some bho and promptly fried the single top immediately. I have the double top and am using the regular cartridge on it just fine. I obviously f'd up setting up the hercules. Seems simple but guess it's not. I will buy the warranty and submit a ticket for the top. Can I use the hercules at 3.7 on the double top? What are the common mistakes setting up the hercules?How far up should you slide the rod? I don't want to fry the double top and then be screwed. Love the persei with just the cartridges. But want to see what the hercules can do! Can you help this hercules newb out.

Some of the older tops don't have short protection, and a mis-assembled herc can fry them. I had that happen, but the replacement top I received has held up like a champ. You can use the herc on the double-top, but be careful about the assembly. If you have a multi-meter you can check resistance to make sure it's assembled correctly. The good news is, once you get over that hump of a learning curve, you'll be able to disassemble and reassemble the sr-71 with your eyes closed.

darkrom

Great Scott!
Just got my old persei back and after hitting the power button with NO cart attached, the damn thing smells like burning smoke and electronics coming from the cap :(

This vape always confuses and frustrates the fuck out of me. I sent G an email to see if he can help me out, but so far I'm just stressed out by it. A lot to keep track of with this vape. Which batteries to use, which carts to use, hell I don't even know if I can use my thermovape charger for the 18350 IMR batteries I have.

Its certainly a lot of effort compared to other vapes. Hopefully G can sort me out because it looks pretty neat...once you figure out the shitload of variables associated with using it.

darkrom,
Reactions: ataxian

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Someone asked in PM about how I handle Herc dis-assembly. What I noticed is that with the SR-71, the trouble can come in the bottom most section, with the two screws, that can be over-tightened and the little teflon seals, which can disappear quickly in shag carpeting. So I just keep that section together and give it an ISO bath as a unit, along with the top cap, the post that fits over the rod, and the bottom heater chamber. Those pieces are on the left in the photo. On the right is the upper chamber and the rod, which I keep together. I'll take the nut that retains the rod off, and wipe down the threads and rod with an alcohol wipe, and adjust the ceramic rod if needed. The coil and upper chamber rarely get an ISO bath. I actually like the "seasoned" taste that builds up in the coil.

Since doing it this way, I've avoided messing with those two screws and possibly created a short. It doesn't seem like the screws need adjusting once set (something addressed in the SR-74 build). If anyone sees a downside to this method let me know.

Sorry about the grungy photo. Bathing a dirty Herc is seriously business!

ahdyfz8l.jpg

syrupy,

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
@THC SCIENTIFIC my replacement tops, and my new black ss cap arrived together safe and sound. You rock man! Okeanos parts should be here soon too. I am a super happy camper right now. So high......

I is ridonkulous.

:freak:

Big Baby Jesus

The momentum is finally on our side. Carpe diem!

The SR-71 and the SR-74 assemble similarly, but not identically. The SR-74 needs less of the ceramic rod sticking out. I had trouble with my SR-74 for several frustrating hours. It was caused by one of two things:
1) a rogue drop of water diverting the current from where it should flow. If your top has no short protection, this could be what fried it. The next day after giving up on it and moving my friend I busted it out and it worked. This could have been your undoing.
2) the other potential problem was I wasn't tightening the compression nut on the ceramic rod enough and it might have been getting pushed up by the spring loaded connector. I didn't want to overtighten it and break it. This could have been a cause of a short too, a shoddy connection here. I ended up holding the compression nut solely with a pair of pliers and twisted the rest of the chamber to tighten it by hand.

I don't know if you can run the SR-74 on the double top, and I'm curious to know as well. If it will run, I'd be mindful of the open slot, might give you a jolt if you're careless?

zeek01

OK guys, I just got my okeanos, (THANKS G!) and I am having major leakage issues.

I have already tried lubing the orings with PG and it still leaks. Whe putting the bottom cap on the glass part, it literally just slips in, almost falls out if Ijust hold the glass. There's no way it can be making a proper seal. Also, if I fill it up with any water over the metal part at all it leaks through the bottom oring and eventually im left with no water. I havent put any oil through it yet, but Im pretty bummed it's not working right out of the box. I dont think Im alone here, and I am positive it's not user error. Ive been around these things long enough to take a breath and come back later when frustrated, but ive taken my time and checked and relubeb all the orings and its still leaking like a faucet. Anyone know where I could get an ever so slightly larger oring? I feel like that'd solve my issue just fine.

zeek01,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
OK guys, I just got my okeanos, (THANKS G!) and I am having major leakage issues.

I have already tried lubing the orings with PG and it still leaks. Whe putting the bottom cap on the glass part, it literally just slips in, almost falls out if Ijust hold the glass. There's no way it can be making a proper seal. Also, if I fill it up with any water over the metal part at all it leaks through the bottom oring and eventually im left with no water. I havent put any oil through it yet, but Im pretty bummed it's not working right out of the box. I dont think Im alone here, and I am positive it's not user error. Ive been around these things long enough to take a breath and come back later when frustrated, but ive taken my time and checked and relubeb all the orings and its still leaking like a faucet. Anyone know where I could get an ever so slightly larger oring? I feel like that'd solve my issue just fine.

Do you have the oring for the center post? or was yours one of the last ones to leave without them?

The water leaks through the side? or the center oring?>

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker

Just a Thought...have you tried flipping the glass upside down?

Sleepin in CA,

lockie

When using the SS Kit for the extended version, is using 2x AW IMR 18350 and the 2x stock ones for the Hercules SR-71 at the same time okay? I mainly bought it for the stealth of the smaller tube for the KISS carts but since I can extend battery life when using Hercules, might as well find the best combo.
I've read back that there could've been better batteries through another website but I couldn't find it again. Might just go with buying another pair of the AW IMR ones? I guess I could also buy another AW IMR 18650 to stack with the one I already have so he isn't lonely for super extended sessions of TI2 KISS carts.

lockie,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
When using the SS Kit for the extended version, is using 2x AW IMR 18350 and the 2x stock ones for the Hercules SR-71 at the same time okay? I mainly bought it for the stealth of the smaller tube for the KISS carts but since I can extend battery life when using Hercules, might as well find the best combo.
I've read back that there could've been better batteries through another website but I couldn't find it again. Might just go with buying another pair of the AW IMR ones? I guess I could also buy another AW IMR 18650 to stack with the one I already have so he isn't lonely for super extended sessions of TI2 KISS carts.

I don't know the right answer.
However I use the SS tubes a lot!

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I use the the Persei with longer tube from the SS Kit with 2x AW IMR 18650(2000mAh) for extended battery life with the SR-71 but not very stealthy.
:o
jAkFqZ1.jpg

NOT sorry for the huge picture because this thing IS huge!:tup:

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
I use the the Persei with longer tube from the SS Kit with 2x AW IMR 18650(2000mAh) for extended battery life with the SR-71 but not very stealthy.
:o
jAkFqZ1.jpg

NOT sorry for the huge picture because this thing IS huge!:tup:
I am using that setup with a Nibbler xl to boot. Mines bigger. Lmao.

=)

I also have every variation ss kit in action. Love them.

IMG_20140212_19214_edit_1392261775354_zpsbqdz7zyo.jpg

Last edited:
Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: DieHard

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
Nice, I'd buy a bender....but I just love my effing pax. I'll probably end up with one at some point though! The hammer is cool.......comes with the bender I think? As for the NXL......buy that as soon as possible. It will CHANGE YOU! Lol.
I know how you feel about wallet, I'm always ordering stuff. Maks me feel broke. So worth it though.
=)

@ataxian bro where did you get the Persei stand? Do they make stands for the NXL too? I must know!

Last edited:
Sleepin in CA,
Reactions: DieHard

lockie

I'll be purchasing another AW IMR 18650(2000mAh) then, thanks for the info.
Almost makes me want to buy a hammer top just so I can use it to have 2 vapes instead of just 1 haha

lockie,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Nice, I'd buy a bender....but I just love my effing pax. I'll probably end up with one at some point though! The hammer is cool.......comes with the bender I think? As for the NXL......buy that as soon as possible. It will CHANGE YOU! Lol.
I know how you feel about wallet, I'm always ordering stuff. Maks me feel broke. So worth it though.
=)

@ataxian bro where did you get the Persei stand? Do they make sta
nds for the NXL too? I must know!
I work wood for giggles.

This is PAROTA from central Mexico.
I need a need stand for my gear.
I had tested a vaporizer that tasted bad. BENDER tomorrow to redeem myself!
Most of it is exotic wood.

Sleepin in CA

Accessory Maker
Dude, I am envious. I did a little lol at the PNWT tube on the bender, but only cuz its clever looking fun. Sorry I ever sold my PNWT.

=)

Sleepin in CA,

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
So I decided to pull out the Persei to mess around with my upgraded tops to make sure everything was working.. and they blink nonstop until I finish turning them. Is this normal?

SlinginPaint,
Top Bottom