Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

Older Tops.

Ah, so! That would be the one that went south and got replaced with the R prefix one? Thanks.

That means the 'which cart to use' chart is no longer valid as well, right? You basically can't use the third range in the chart or the center listing on the graph for each value on the bottom of:
http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-single.html

Is this documentation still included in new Perseis? If so, I think it should be pulled out?

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Ah, so! That would be the one that went south and got replaced with the R prefix one? Thanks.

That means the 'which cart to use' chart is no longer valid as well, right? You basically can't use the third range in the chart or the center listing on the graph for each value on the bottom of:
http://www.planetvape.ca/vaporizer-extract-cartridge-single.html

Is this documentation still included in new Perseis? If so, I think it should be pulled out?

OF

We are in the process of revamping our whole line. Needs time to accomplish.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: OF

Caligula

Maximus
Your cart or your top? I hope the former..

I have a question for anybody that knows. PV is still selling the Persei kit with two tops. Is it safe to asssume those are all "old tops"?

The tops. I was an early adopter of the SR-71 and managed to go a good 3+ months before I killed my OG Persei top with it. Replaced under warranty though, so no major downtime.

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
yeah, bummer. I am about to recieve a core, and I actually use 3.7 v herc the most, but I was hoping to use the pass through with the hammer for dabs.

Patrick Hughes,

exit

yes 5.4v to 6.3v is not supported, it says.

6V was fun with 2.4 ohm carts with my old head but i never tried the sr-71 with 6v before killing both my old tops... then again i've never had flavor issues with the 7.4v, i get beautiful tasting hits all the times without problem, only get a nasty taste really if i'm mashing on the button for too long.

Vapoholic420

-Loyal To The Oil-
Damn, that's a bummer and a deal breaker for me at moment. :( I almost pulled the trigger on The Core but my ideal temps for perfect taste/large hits fall between about 5.8v to 6.2v, so it may not be worth it for me to invest in one at the moment. Can I use my Iris with the Core to achieve voltages in that range? I absolutely love the idea of a variable voltage pass through, but it won't help me much if I can't dial into the voltage I want.

EDIT: Perhaps you guys should add a disclaimer in the description on your site? I can imagine some folks would be pretty pissed only to discover the problem after purchasing it.
@kindbeats,
Those are my ideal temps too but I gotta tell ya, 6.4-6.5v isn't much of a difference in my opinion, so I wouldn't let that stop ya from buying it! It works on the 6.4v or 6.5v but it still does blink a little if u move it around too fast. But I've been screwing with the different voltages lately and it doesn't seem too much stronger than running my black heating rod at 4v. I actually get better clouds that still have good flavor. And imo the Core is a must have if u own the Herc and/or the Bender!! I love it!! Now only if I could stop the blinking if I move to fast with it at those voltages! To me, I think the new Core tops should have been made first and released WITH the Cores, even if it costed a few bucks more. Now I can't wait for the new Core tops!! Please get em out asap G!! :-)

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Are the new tops going be the solution to this problem for sure? I'm afraid to buy a core and see a core v2 come out a few months later...
I've been ready to pull the trigger on the Core also(Right, Naomi?) and have been hesitant for the same reason.

Silver420Surfer,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
The Core design is set for a while. Nothing new is coming out.

As for the new tops no they still incorporate the low battery voltage system.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

mystikalghost

fuN1Uau.jpg

Adapter finally came in. What a joke. But finally.

Now I need to see if there's any piece of metal with 510 threading to cover the adapter. There must be!

mystikalghost,

vape4health

Testing with a hammer top and core I can only use 3.5-4.3 then 6.5 and up.

So new mechanical tops/inserts are being made to fix this, what about a mech hammer for the bender.

vape4health,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Testing with a hammer top and core I can only use 3.5-4.3 then 6.5 and up.

So new mechanical tops/inserts are being made to fix this, what about a mech hammer for the bender.

We are working on a mechanical top yes, its not a fix as there is nothing to fix. Its a full throttle top that will not be forgiving as it can do some serious damage.

As for the next generation of Hammers thats in the works for later on down the road. We are working with a few designs for testing atm.

TommydCat

I still have a few 5ohm carts going and the 6v setup is great for handing to a friend to try without worrying about a nuclear meltdown. (I find that no matter how thoroughly you try to make them understand to only touch the button for a couple secs and let off they invariably proceed to mash the button down and hold it)..

This makes me extremely wary of "upgrading" to a SR-71 if ultimately I may have to have the top replaced... Another option?

exit

I still have a few 5ohm carts going and the 6v setup is great for handing to a friend to try without worrying about a nuclear meltdown. (I find that no matter how thoroughly you try to make them understand to only touch the button for a couple secs and let off they invariably proceed to mash the button down and hold it)..

This makes me extremely wary of "upgrading" to a SR-71 if ultimately I may have to have the top replaced... Another option?
I don't understand what your concern is. Your friend could hold down the button on a sr74 for minutes and you wouldn't have a nuclear meltdown (Well maybe he could melt/burn all the wax out of it but that's a different problem)

Just get a cheap multimeter and you won't ever look back to those Omicron cartridges... the KISS is also a+ for handing to friends

TommydCat

I *like* the cartridges, esp with uncut (no PG-added) CO2 extracts! I also have a dandy Nibbler-X that fits over them ;) Tasty, tasty sips without leaving a stinkbomb... which also has its time and place.

I have many multimeters but that isn't the point ;) G was saying the dumbprovments in the SR-74 should offer less death-from-above scenarios, but I wonder how much at-risk my full-range OG(v2) top would be..?

Top Bottom