Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Yes, its necessary. Otherwise the current couldnt pass from one battery to the other. I know they sell "magnetic spacers" and they are fairly cheap (I mean its a frigging magnet with the diameter of a pencil eraser)...

However, I went with even cheaper route. I sourced a small magnet from the box that my G-Pen came in (the only legitimate use I've gotten from a Grenco product). Its used as a closure for the lid of said box, and I just dug it out with my fingernail and cleaned the glue off the back. Works like a champ! Ive dropped this shit down a flight of stairs, and no issues with the magnet moving.

I'm sure you can get creative yourself if you have some spare shit sitting around. Heres a shot of mine:

3wuc.jpg

I stack flat tops with no problems ... no earth magnet.

TommydCat

What type of KISS cart should i get the 3.7V or 7.4V for the persei?
Thanks guys.
Also anyone know if the bender mouth piece is a 18mm joint?
The Bender mouthpiece is a male 18.8mm hand-ground joint with a built-in glass screen (you can't fit a cap-style screen inside it). The Bender main unit is 18.8mm female, but I believe it's slightly shorter than some other 18.8mm pieces (so a longer male piece may bottom out.. maybe a more common problem for some people than others... lol)

thevaf

What type of KISS cart should i get the 3.7V or 7.4V for the persei?
Thanks guys.
Also anyone know if the bender mouth piece is a 18mm joint?

I suggest the 3.7v (2 ohm) KISS cart

By the way, @THC SCIENTIFIC you are da man! Got my persei top replaced and working and magically made my ceramic wick reappear (new KISS cart)! Good talkin with you today, really excited for all the new products coming 2014!

OF

I stack flat tops with no problems ... no earth magnet.
Trust me, you cant do that with these.

Me too....I've got some flat tops that stack, and some that don't. There has to be insulation at the positive end to protect the steel body or sparks will fly. Normally the button top does this. Flat tops are after every bit of volume the law allows......go figure.

I think it's very important to inspect this area carefully if you intend to stack them. Hold them up in good light, head to tail, and be sure there's plenty of daylight. If it's marginal, if the jacket 'just kinda touches but it still works fine' you're set up for a serious ooops. If the metal surfaces pull apart when conducting half the total power can instantly appear there welding stuff and all sorts of mischief. The magnet trick is good insurance.

Another point to consider when stacking is if that magnet can shift over an make contact with the wall all bets are off as you've just shorted the bottom battery big time. I had a flashlight years ago that had this issue, I used to put an o-ring around the magnet as a paranoia move. There's a LOT of energy in those guys if it decides to come out all at once.......

Anyway, some flat tops stack better than others.

OF

syrupy

Authorized Buyer
Anyone run with the double head and two 5 ohm carts? I can dig it! Do you prime each side separately? If I just hit the double mouthpiece, it seems like one side is drawing more than the other.

syrupy,

Caligula

Maximus
Anyone run with the double head and two 5 ohm carts? I can dig it! Do you prime each side separately? If I just hit the double mouthpiece, it seems like one side is drawing more than the other.

You need to prime each one individually and you have to be quick about it as not to let the other one cool too much while you prime the second. Needless to say its the rare day that most people are able to get dual carts to work perfectly. I got it done maybe twice, ever. Then again I didnt try much, especially after I bought the Hercules.

Anyway, if it helps I found it easiest to get this done with concentrates that require little to no priming such as CO2 oil or Pure Gold. My favorite was the Organalabs C02 oil syringes (not the o-pen refills). Its slightly more viscous than Pure Gold so its less prone to leak, however it is still thin enough to require zero priming.

exit

are you talking with the carts? i've done every combination you can think of, even 1.5 and 5 ohm side by side and yes both still work great!

i really really wish i could fit two kiss carts on a double head!!!!

i used to rock dual 1.5's and dual 2.4's a lot. if both carts were working fine it was great but then again im just not that big on using omicron carts anymore, it's 2013 i have a herc and more KISSes than i know waht to do with

exit

Wait... Im pretty vaped right now on some NL#5... but isnt the 1.5 ohm @3.7v whereas the 5.0 ohm is @ 7.4?

Anyway, you both know this is easier if you just use two devices right?

hell yeah i know that!!!!!

i mean you see me out here trying to put two KISS on a double head, you see me trying to get G to tell me what works at 11V and stack up 3 batteries doing it, you know.

i guess the crazy part is i know how bad of an idea shit like that is but i'll do it anyway?

p.s. how does the SR71 run at 11V though ;)

@THC SCIENTIFIC Will the SR-74 Bottom Insulator be sold as its own part in the future?

MileHighLife

Blower of glass, grower of grass
Wouldn't running 2 5 ohm carts side by side @ 7.4v be the equivalement of running a single @ 3.7v? I haven't tried the 5 ohm carts but I think 2 5 ohms carts @ 7.4v would be super wispy if you even got a hit.

Quad stack 18350s :razz:

MileHighLife,
Reactions: OF

OF

Wouldn't running 2 5 ohm carts side by side @ 7.4v be the equivalement of running a single @ 3.7v? I haven't tried the 5 ohm carts but I think 2 5 ohms carts @ 7.4v would be super wispy if you even got a hit.

You've got your 'back of the envelope' numbers mixed up. Running a 5 Ohm cart at 7.4 is the same current as a 2.4 at 3.7 (about 1.5 Amps). But it's twice the voltage, so power in Watts (Volts times Amps) is twice. Add a second one in parallel and you're now talking 3 Amps total at 7.4 Volts, four times the power.

Since most guys consider 2.4 Ohm carts far from "super wispy" at 6 Watts, and see 1.5s as high power at 9 Watts they will see a single 5 Ohm at 7.4 even stronger at 11 Watts. Twice the power of the standard cart. Two in parallel for 22 Watts should make it far from wimpy.

IMO it takes a 'real man' to hit that much Omicron power with a straight face.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Quad stack 18350s :razz:

Nope youll get a bigger hit because both 5 ohms are working its just the battery goes up in load.

Edit:

I was beaten by OF, i swear he smells tech stuff and runs to the rescue.

OF

Ah .. OF to the rescue

Hey, let's check that stuff right now! It could get ugly if it gets out of hand.....the mental image of me charging in in the name of goodness and right with cape and tights should be enough to get you back in church.

I was beaten by OF, i swear he smells tech stuff and runs to the rescue.

"It is fundamental to British Naval Doctrine that any Captain has the right to sail to the sound of guns."

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hey, let's check that stuff right now! It could get ugly if it gets out of hand.....the mental image of me charging in in the name of goodness and right with cape and tights should be enough to get you back in church.

"It is fundamental to British Naval Doctrine that any Captain has the right to sail to the sound of guns."

OF

I can deal with the tights on a old man.

But be careful as Britain has banned guns and I doubt anyone's sailing in their navy. If they are pea shooters arnt considered guns anymore.

OF

I can deal with the tights on a old man.

But be careful as Britain has banned guns and I doubt anyone's sailing in their navy. If they are pea shooters arnt considered guns anymore.

You're clearly a stronger man than I am......

I don't want to see so bad I close my eyes at the thought.

Actually 'guns' in the naval term refers to deck guns.....attached to the ship. What we'd call cannons. Just like they call ropes 'lines'......... Too long at sea I think.

Edit: What we would call 'guns', pistols and rifles, are "small arms" to the navy. What would you expect from guys that still talk of depth in fathoms?

OF

Last edited:
OF,
Reactions: ataxian
Top Bottom