Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
No the Omi carts don't react the same. The power button doesn't blink with them, just the Herc. I am gonna run up to radio shack, hate to spend $25 but not knowing what's wrong is gonna eat at me.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: Caligula

Caligula

Maximus
If it works with omi carts, and doesn't work without the PTFE insulator... then I'm 99.9% sure you assembled something improperly in the Hercules cart. My guess would be rod position or the contact screw in the bottom of the lower heater chamber (right before the PTFE insulator piece).

Aether

:tinfoil: :doh: My single top heads' performance was on the decline for a while, then it finally stopped working completely:huh:. When I would not have anything connected, the light would light up fine :hmm::shrug:. I ended up tightening the center pin slightly and now this TOMV is working like new! :whoa::nod: :2c:

edit: the connection strength was a short lived success, I'll probably end up taking it in on Monday if I dont figure this problem out during the weekend

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Gonna track down the videos and go from there. I've rebuilt so many times, I may have even "fixed" the original problem, but created a different one, without knowing. I expected to learn the proper rebuild process, just not today :).

Still think the Persei/Herc is a beast. Just gotta learn a few more nuances to get it right.

Silver420Surfer,

Caligula

Maximus
Silver, try this... get two flat head screw drivers. Take the bottom cap off of the lower chamber (the one that has the threading for the four point prong that holds the bottom half of the ceramic rod).

Inside that end cap there is the white insulator which sits around a screw in the center. There is also a twin screw on the opposite side of the cap (outside bottom).

Take one screwdriver and hold the exterior screw still while turning the interior screw clockwise, until it stops. Be gentle and Don't over tighten.

From there try unscrewing the screw one half turn at a time. You will probably not get any power at the Hercules at first. But eventually you will turn it enough to make proper contact.

I'd suggest testing with a DMM but since you have new tops with protection, you can do this by trial and error if you don't have one available.

Last edited:

Rhino420

hey G, was on the w9tech site. what is a K.I.S.S. cart? and also how do you go about using your herc as a heating wand? I think I saw you state that in a post earlier.

-ryan

Rhino420,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
After rebuilding the Herc yet again, I finallly saw the rod was not tightened correctly. Good call G!
Took a liitle bit of reading but finally tightened to where it didn't move when trying to put back together. Thanks for everybodys help and suggestions. Learned a good bit about the guts of the beast today, I am not a "handy" guy, but I think I have the assembly part down pat. Now if I just could learn the science part(watts, volts, ohms, etc.)

Caligula

Maximus
Lol no worries. Glad its working! Sadly my dual top took a shit today so I'm out of the game until I get my warranty replacements next week.

At least I got my solo today!

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Fuck. LOL... really thought I had it figured out.
Haha yeah i was reading it over, and i was about to suggest the same thing you did with the two screw drivers until i saw your post. Oh well. At least hes seemed to get it sorted out. Thats what i love about this thing, you have a simple issue that would require sending it in with almost any other vape, but instead you can spend some frustrating hours on here and get it sorted out...most of the time

Top Bottom