Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
What's the issue now?

Black Rod wouldn't fire. Called G to troubleshoot a little and I had everything right. Came home and figured I could switch out back to the White Rod and now it's acting the same. I've done every single thing I've learned to get this working.

I'm very close to just buying a torch and a nail and a bong.

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
@Atomsk...that should already be in your arsenal :nod:

I switched to wax just for the Persei. Never touched a dab til a month after owning one. TBH it's way too much stuff to keep around for me. A huge blowtorch, a good sized bong. Looks like the trade off is worth it. At least I know it'll hit.

Its good to have a foolproof fallback.

Yeah, it's even better having a working primary though.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
My persei/herc when assembled is taller than my torch. I can dig if you don't dig, but don't not dig because of thinking torches have to be huge. $30 and a trip to Bed bath beyond and you can dig a smaller torch, same as the "branded" Vector ones that cost $75.

Although, I'll bust out the GIANT propane torch like you find at home depot/lowes when I run out of butane every now and again.

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: OnlyHuman

Atomsk

Floating In My Tin Can
My persei/herc when assembled is taller than my torch. I can dig if you don't dig, but don't not dig because of thinking torches have to be huge. $30 and a trip to Bed bath beyond and you can dig a smaller torch, same as the "branded" Vector ones that cost $75.

Although, I'll bust out the GIANT propane torch like you find at home depot/lowes when I run out of butane every now and again.

It's just the convenience and discreetness of it don't match my needs. Even with a bubbler TI nail and small torch, it's all too much to be lugging around. Actually... compared to all the effort I've been putting in to the Hercules / Omicron carts, that doesn't seem like much to work with at all.

Might see my Herc in the For Sale section then.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
It's just the convenience and discreetness of it don't match my needs. Even with a bubbler TI nail and small torch, it's all too much to be lugging around. Actually... compared to all the effort I've been putting in to the Hercules / Omicron carts, that doesn't seem like much to work with at all.

Might see my Herc in the For Sale section then.
That's why I love this stuff!

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Black Rod wouldn't fire. Called G to troubleshoot a little and I had everything right. Came home and figured I could switch out back to the White Rod and now it's acting the same. I've done every single thing I've learned to get this working.

I'm very close to just buying a torch and a nail and a bong.
The Herc can be a Beast, but its downfall is how difficult it is to use.
I wouldnt consider my self an expert by any means but I have trouble with it at times too, my friends is another story, they cant seem to keep it operating long enough to enjoy.
The LAYG seems to be the only viable solution for ease of use, might want to look into that or look into more friendly user devices.
One of my friends sold his herc becasue of this issue, I told him not to sell it, that it might come in handy later or as a back up, He decided to order 2 different oil pen vapes that have gotten grat praise. I did wish him luck :wave:, but I will try them out to see what the hype is all about.

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I really don't want to send in my Persei and be vapeless for the next week+ but it looks like I'll have to.

Black Rod didn't do anything. White Rod's back to shitty hits. I am almost done with trouble shooting this all the fucking time.

How much did you have in the cart when it was ripping like a champ and how much is left? Maybe you have ripped through the extra and have reached your buffer zone again? Again, just shooting out ideas. I hate to see you being so frustrated and I understand because I've been there before.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
So finally tried just flowers with no coil and the black rod...actually got some visible vapor finally (couldnt really get any visible vapor with the blue rod)

Theres definitely a learning curve with it, first few puffs were whispy but visible. Gave it a break mixed it around and then got some pretty decent sized hits after. Gonna keep playing around with it now that it is actually working!

The only problem I have now, is that I want to buy an extra Herc so I dont have to keep removing the coil every time I want to switch it up...

Last edited:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Alright, feel like a tool here. I was stressing about not being able to remove the top cap, to load the coil/herc, without using a set of small needle nose pliers. Ugh, what a pain in the ass. I started to make a new carrying kit with room for needle nose pliers, like I need that taking up valuable space in my kit. Not happy. Flash forward to me, for whatever reason, removing the black outer sheath of the herc and seeing the top cap staring at me and VERY EASILY pulled out with my fingers. Pliers removed from travel kit and everything is right with the world again. I always tried removing that top cap while the outer sheath was always in place by just unscrewing the mouthpiece. :bang:

I have come to the same procedure for the same reason. I use the o-rings on the base adapter so I can hold it and I uncrew the outer tube and MP together. Then remove the MP insert, It can stay in the MP, but I uncrew the MP and throw back on the SS tube and wiggle it off... Works much faster a little warm...

The only problem I have now, is that I want to buy an extra Herc so I dont have to keep removing the coil every time I want to switch it up...

Problem or luxury :rofl:

Last edited:

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Is it ok/normal for some melted wax to get under the coil, down around the rod. Not tons but definitely some.
Should I remove coil, then gently pulse to heat up/melt away excess? Ugh, Clean it according to the instruction manual? Looking for the path of least resistence here. Don't want to break it down unless I have no other choice. Thanks in advance.

edit:gotta take dog out real quick be right back

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: PhotoRider

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Be gentle girls and guys. This is my 1st real review. I hope I did it justice, as I really like my Persei. I know I am new to the party and thankfully haven't had any real problems(that a better manual wouldn't of cured, I like to RTFM) that some others have had here at FC. I still have a long road to go to "master" this T.O.M.V, but I think I am doing well so far. Thanks to all who have been here before and documented your experiences, you made it easier for all us newer Persei owners.

Persei/SR-71(White rod,7.4v) Review

The Persei/Hercules SR-71 combo may just rival a concentrate rig in cloud power and taste quality, yet it’s portable enough to take with you when you need it.

Design: 10
Available in black, silver, teal, red, or purple. Finishing is very elegant but very sturdy and secure at the same time. The unit is made from aircraft grade aluminum with industry leading electronics. The power button illuminates a nice indigo blue when pressed in. The Hercules SR-71 is equally impressive in build quality. These were not cheap e-cig parts just tossed together. Innovative design and quality craftsmanship, backed up with industry leading customer service. When taken apart, you see how much was put into the Hercules design.
Durability: 9.0
I love the feel and weight of the Persei. Being made of aircraft grade aluminum, the Persei feels like a quality made tool in your hand. And the Hercules reeks of quality parts as well. No cheap plastic here. There are some “consumable” items, like the bottom adjustable spring and the oil coils. Both are available to order on the website, and unless in cases of user error, you will probably not go through very many of either.
This will last if you take care and treat it right. W9/UPTech is there with great customer service if something fails though. Search the FC forums to see how well regarded their CS is for yourself. They stand behind their product, period.
Setup: 7.0(for less exerienced users), 9.0(for the veterans)
This is where it may get a little difficult for new vaporists, and the 7 rating here goes to a 8.5 for experienced users. There is a learning curve to getting this up and running, BUT, when you do you are rewarded with endless clouds of tasty vapor. Read and reread the manual. There are many great videos on YouTube as well. Be prepared to put in a little time with the Persei/Herc. FC forums are a great resource as well.
Hits: 10
Like a young Mike Tyson. Very clean taste due to a powerful(and I mean powerful)ceramic heating rod. Holding the power button down for six seconds then letting go, yielded enough delicious tasting vapor that made me almost cough it right out. This is where the Persei/Herc eliminates all other competitors. Hit size and quality are beyond compare in the mobile concentrate vape market. Big hits, little hits, whatever you desire. Taste the great flavor of your concentrates, cough up a huge cloud of vapor, I dare you.
Efficiency: 9.0
If you choose, the Persei/Herc combo can be quite efficient. Though many users choose to serve up giant clouds, smaller efficient rips are possible as well. For those with medical issues, you don’t have to take giant, lung busting rips to get medicated with this device. I would say it is as efficient as you choose it to be. I melted a buffer of .3-.4g into my coil, then added another .2g after, and was rewarded with quite a few giant rips and some smaller whispier ones before re-loading. Different concentrates and different peoples capabilites and desires will affect how efficient or inefficient the Persei/Herc is.
Maintenance: 9.0
Just wipe down the outside of the Persei, not much to do to keep it clean. The Hercules breaks down(Nice guide in the manual) and can be either boiled in water and/or soaked in ISO alcohol. Also can reclaim all of you concentrate prior to cleaning. Sterilization of your device makes this just another positive. Possible items to replace include batteries(great reason to check out The Core from W9/UPTech), bottom adjustable spring on the Persei, and possibly additional coils. Some users leave there coils in when they clean them with great success.
Value: 10
Herculean value!! I’ve never held the power button in for longer than 6 consecutive seconds, maybe a very quick pulse after that to be rewarded with thick, powerful rips. But it also can give fulfilling smaller hits as well. Very versatile. Rips like a nail(maybe harder!!) but still offers the benefits of a portable. I would definitely say to stock up on an extra set of batteries to eliminate any usage downtime. (And/or check out their latest device The Core, available for pre-order on W9Tech website.)They keep innovating over at W9/UPTech and love to bring out new and exciting accessories. The device longevity should also be factored into the Value. This device will not be obsolete any time soon. Ease of use: 9
Load as you go or pre-load the coils, your choice. Once you’ve loaded your buffer and the top off, hit the power button and blast off. Powering on is easy and the button feels comfortable in your hand. No awkwardness to hold and power this device, unlike some of the competitors models. It may take a try or two to get down your draw technique, but once you do you're good to go. A couple draws after each hit help with cooling down. Although, remember the manufacturer warning, This is a Tool of Mass Vaporization!!!! Read the manual carefully.

I highly recommend the Persei/Herc combo, capable of Herculean clouds from a medium sized portable. Other pen-sized vapes are smaller and more discreet, but nowhere near as powerful, or clean tasting or well built as the Persei/Hercules SR-71 from W9/UPTech. If you’re looking for something more, when surveying the mobile concentrate-vape landscape, the Persei/Hercules SR-(white rod,7.4v) combo from W9/UPTech, stands far above the rest.

The end.:D

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Atoms i will diagnose your issue and have a working unit back to you i promise. Even if it means i have to drive down again.

On a Side note.

I want to announce that we have introduced something that is unheard of in this industry.

Intentional Damage Repair.

Intentional Damage Repair

If for any reason you decide to break it, bend it, run over it with a steam roller we don’t care what you decide to do as long as its recognizable as a Ophos, Omicron Lite, Omicron v2.xx Vaporizer or Persei Vaporizer and has all the parts that will complete the unit then we will replace it for service fee + shipping per claim. The parts that we will be replace in your warranty claim if found defective includes the top without an LCD display, middle tube and bottom cap. We reserve the right to substitute a product with another of equal and or greater value or equal and or greater performance if the original product is not available.

Service Fees

• Ophos Vaporizer - $15
  • Omicron Lite - $20
  • Omicron V2.xx Vaporizer $45
  • Persei Vaporizer $65

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@PhotoRider --When you clicked it magically made this LINK appear on the W9Tech site.

Damn, on another note, my Persei/Herc now blinks at me like 2-3 times everytime I hit the power button. Full charged 18350s. Please let this be something easy, back thru the thread again.
Damn it, just after I put my review up too.:(

Last edited:
Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: ataxian

OnlyHuman

What you will need is a Persei with Hercules, black rod, 4 AW IMR 18350 batteries and 2 AW IMR 18650 batteries.

This will be the last oil vape you will ever buy.

But please remember the Hercules is not for the first timer. It is a complex piece of machine that does what no other vaporizer does, and that is leave behind electronic cigarette technology, no solder, no wires, no silica wicks or glass rods as some like to call it.

The Persei is the most versatile vaporizer known to man. It can act as a heat wand, work with a bubbler, has Oil attachments, herb attachments, Pass through system optional, you can extend it or shorten it.

It simply is the vaporizer to have.

Or you can get a Ophos with the new LAyG carts and still have one of the best ones.

Please remember we make vaporizers for people who will not compensate anything to get the best tasting vapor.

delta9vapes.com is now w9tech.com

Would you mind explaining why the need for 6 batteries? Does everything you listed get me started for 2.4, 1.5, and 5.0? I thought I needed to buy different carts for the three different situations. What if I just wanted to start out at 2.4 or something?

Lastly, I can't find the LAYG cart.

Thanks!

Edit: Also, if I chose the Ophos (or the Omicron) doesn't the cartridge come with the unit? I didn't think I would need the LAYG cart if I already have the cartridge that comes with?

Last edited:

Hedonismbot

Be gentle girls and guys. This is my 1st real review. I hope I did it justice, as I really like my Persei. I know I am new to the party and thankfully haven't had any real problems(that a better manual wouldn't of cured, I like to RTFM) that some others have had here at FC. I still have a long road to go to "master" this T.O.M.V, but I think I am doing well so far. Thanks to all who have been here before and documented your experiences, you made it easier for all us newer Persei owners.

Persei/SR-71(White rod,7.4v) Review

The Persei/Hercules SR-71 combo may just rival a concentrate rig in cloud power and taste quality, yet it’s portable enough to take with you when you need it.

Design: 10
Available in black, silver, teal, red, or purple. Finishing is very elegant but very sturdy and secure at the same time. The unit is made from aircraft grade aluminum with industry leading electronics. The power button illuminates a nice indigo blue when pressed in. The Hercules SR-71 is equally impressive in build quality. These were not cheap e-cig parts just tossed together. Innovative design and quality craftsmanship, backed up with industry leading customer service. When taken apart, you see how much was put into the Hercules design.
Durability: 9.0
I love the feel and weight of the Persei. Being made of aircraft grade aluminum, the Persei feels like a quality made tool in your hand. And the Hercules reeks of quality parts as well. No cheap plastic here. There are some “consumable” items, like the bottom adjustable spring and the oil coils. Both are available to order on the website, and unless in cases of user error, you will probably not go through very many of either.
This will last if you take care and treat it right. W9/UPTech is there with great customer service if something fails though. Search the FC forums to see how well regarded their CS is for yourself. They stand behind their product, period.
Setup: 7.0(for less exerienced users), 9.0(for the veterans)
This is where it may get a little difficult for new vaporists, and the 7 rating here goes to a 8.5 for experienced users. There is a learning curve to getting this up and running, BUT, when you do you are rewarded with endless clouds of tasty vapor. Read and reread the manual. There are many great videos on YouTube as well. Be prepared to put in a little time with the Persei/Herc. FC forums are a great resource as well.
Hits: 10
Like a young Mike Tyson. Very clean taste due to a powerful(and I mean powerful)ceramic heating rod. Holding the power button down for six seconds then letting go, yielded enough delicious tasting vapor that made me almost cough it right out. This is where the Persei/Herc eliminates all other competitors. Hit size and quality are beyond compare in the mobile concentrate vape market. Big hits, little hits, whatever you desire. Taste the great flavor of your concentrates, cough up a huge cloud of vapor, I dare you.
Efficiency: 9.0
If you choose, the Persei/Herc combo can be quite efficient. Though many users choose to serve up giant clouds, smaller efficient rips are possible as well. For those with medical issues, you don’t have to take giant, lung busting rips to get medicated with this device. I would say it is as efficient as you choose it to be. I melted a buffer of .3-.4g into my coil, then added another .2g after, and was rewarded with quite a few giant rips and some smaller whispier ones before re-loading. Different concentrates and different peoples capabilites and desires will affect how efficient or inefficient the Persei/Herc is.
Maintenance: 9.0
Just wipe down the outside of the Persei, not much to do to keep it clean. The Hercules breaks down(Nice guide in the manual) and can be either boiled in water and/or soaked in ISO alcohol. Also can reclaim all of you concentrate prior to cleaning. Sterilization of your device makes this just another positive. Possible items to replace include batteries(great reason to check out The Core from W9/UPTech), bottom adjustable spring on the Persei, and possibly additional coils. Some users leave there coils in when they clean them with great success.
Value: 10
Herculean value!! I’ve never held the power button in for longer than 6 consecutive seconds, maybe a very quick pulse after that to be rewarded with thick, powerful rips. But it also can give fulfilling smaller hits as well. Very versatile. Rips like a nail(maybe harder!!) but still offers the benefits of a portable. I would definitely say to stock up on an extra set of batteries to eliminate any usage downtime. (And/or check out their latest device The Core, available for pre-order on W9Tech website.)They keep innovating over at W9/UPTech and love to bring out new and exciting accessories. The device longevity should also be factored into the Value. This device will not be obsolete any time soon. Ease of use: 9
Load as you go or pre-load the coils, your choice. Once you’ve loaded your buffer and the top off, hit the power button and blast off. Powering on is easy and the button feels comfortable in your hand. No awkwardness to hold and power this device, unlike some of the competitors models. It may take a try or two to get down your draw technique, but once you do you're good to go. A couple draws after each hit help with cooling down. Although, remember the manufacturer warning, This is a Tool of Mass Vaporization!!!! Read the manual carefully.

I highly recommend the Persei/Herc combo, capable of Herculean clouds from a medium sized portable. Other pen-sized vapes are smaller and more discreet, but nowhere near as powerful, or clean tasting or well built as the Persei/Hercules SR-71 from W9/UPTech. If you’re looking for something more, when surveying the mobile concentrate-vape landscape, the Persei/Hercules SR-(white rod,7.4v) combo from W9/UPTech, stands far above the rest.

The end.:D

Great review @Silver420Surfer! I agree with your points but I was wondering how much oil coil you were using and what types of concentrates did you test.

Regarding you new problem with the light blinking a few times, I understand that indicates a short. Do you have a DMM and have you measured the resistance of the Herc?

Hedo

Caligula

Maximus
@Silver420Surfer that's your top using its short circuit prevention feature. If you had an old top it probably would have fried. I'm willing to bet that it's an insulator screw issue in the bottom black PTFE insulating spacer.

Like Hedobot said, it's easier to just check with a DMM tool. However try this... take the insulator off and screw the Hercules cart directly into the Persei. See if you still get the blinking after that. Just don't heat it up too much without that black insulator.

If that works then it's definitely your insulator screw.

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
@Silver420Surfer that's your top using its short circuit prevention feature. If you had an old top it probably would have fried. I'm willing to bet that it's an insulator screw issue in the bottom black PTFE insulating spacer.

Like Hedobot said, it's easier to just check with a DMM tool. However try this... take the insulator off and screw the Hercules cart directly into the Persei. See if you still get the blinking after that. Just don't heat it up too much without that black insulator.

If that works then it's definitely your insulator screw.
Maybe I can get to Radio Shack later and get a DMM(is that for digital multimeter?). Removed that insulator, plugged herc in, same flashing. Also tried an Omi cart, powered like normal, no flashing.

This all started AFTER I checked the bottom cart for leaks, which I had. So I gently used a wooden pointed skewer to get out the wax from that part. Put it back together, boom, flashing lights, mini-heartattack.
Just screwed Herc in after testing w/Omi cart, and of course, normal light flash, then next button press and flash again. AARGH

Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: Caligula
Top Bottom