Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I tried them with my SR-71. They died quickly. Seem like crappy batteries to me.
I also tried the Iris dialed in at 6 volts but found the 7.4 hits to be more satisfying.

These are what I have been using.
The 3.0V I use with the SHORTY with PG.
Sorry Darb!

Last edited:
ataxian,
Reactions: Darb

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
Trying so hard to stay out of the W9Tech store. But the gravitational pull is so strong with all the new goodies added. Please tell my wife, after she ends my life cycle, that I tried to resist the purchase of the new 3.7v black rod with all that I had.

Also why do I need to add a "Persei adjustable spring"?, that will surely be the nail in my coffin. Do these get damaged often due to user error or something very often?

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Trying so hard to stay out of the W9Tech store. But the gravitational pull is so strong with all the new goodies added. Please tell my wife, after she ends my life cycle, that I tried to resist the purchase of the new 3.7v black rod with all that I had.

Also why do I need to add a "Persei adjustable spring"?, that will surely be the nail in my coffin. Do these get damaged often due to user error or something very often?

These are consumable items.

It acts as a fuse if used properly. This goes just in case the top decides not to stop the short from venting the batteries.

Caligula

Maximus
Spring collapsed on me once but can be replaced under warranty. Trick is you won't have one while you sent it in for RMA

Edit: g are you saying that's not replaceable under warranty anymore?

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Spring collapsed on me once but can be replaced under warranty. Trick is you won't have one while you sent it in for RMA

Actually it's not covered under warranty. I replaced it because we needed everything fresh to diagnose your issue.
It was basically a thank you for sticking it out.

In fact the cost of the spring is wrong on the site it should be 9.99 so it's gonna get changed tonight.

Caligula

Maximus
Actually it's not covered under warranty. I replaced it because we needed everything fresh to diagnose your issue.
It was basically a thank you for sticking it out.

In fact the cost of the spring is wrong on the site it should be 9.99 so it's gonna get changed tonight.
And that's why this guy and his company are fucking awesome.

I see the oil coils are kind of pricy (but worth it). Any word on a refresh on the design or different sizes?

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
These are consumable items.
It acts as a fuse if used properly. This goes just in case the top decides not to stop the short from venting the batteries.
Can you go a little deeper on the fuse analogy? What if it's used improperly, how does it act? Serious, not being a smartass. What is proper use/improper use?

It looks like I either spend $$ yearly on Dabbler/Dr Dabber/RuVaped carts for my vape pen or $$ on coils for the Herc, ugh! From my limited useage, I can see coil costs getting up there for a heavy user. Once I cut mine, they seemed to go from a solid whole coil to 2 flimsy coils. They lost shape, and got "stringy", "strandy" where the cut was made. Needless to say, the learning curve for "removing that coil", already killed one %40 coil. Not nitpicking, but it is an added cost, when I thought the Herc woul be the last cart I would need to buy.
--The extra coil cost is too damn high. Plus, I shouldn't have to risk making a bad cut and ruining a coil, I am not a professional cutlerist for crying out loud. (semi-lol)

What can I do to make sure I don't short my top and prevent batteries from venting? That sounds very bad.
I just dropped a good bit of $$$, how can I make sure not to have shorts and burn outs? I just want a dang vape that works when needed, now I have to become an electricians apprentice just to understand my new toy, oy!

Is the cost for the black rod correct on the site? When I called W9 to halt my order of persei/herc(white rod) to wait for the black rod, Naomi quoted a price of "about ten bucks" to get it when available. Just checking since there was one pricing error noted for the spring($4.99 to $9.99).

Last edited:
Silver420Surfer,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

asimplebeast

Just leave the coil in there. I only take mine out when I do a full clean. Even with heavy usage they will last forever. You can just mash the coils back into shape too. They don't need to be perfect. Buying a few more coils would be a good investment but I wouldn't consider them a consumable item like a pen cart.

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
Can you go a little deeper on the fuse analogy? What if it's used improperly, how does it act? Serious, not being a smartass. What is proper use/improper use?.
Sometimes when the top blows the batteries overheat, and they could explode. This is the case in any device that uses Li batteries. If this happens in your persei, that adjustable spring assembly will deform and break the circuit. Ten bucks is cheap to prevent explosions, and I ordered a spare just to have, because you cannot run 7.4 volt without this spring.

Remember that the persei is not a toy for a lot of us. It is a really awesome tool, like a chainaw or an attack dog. Is it perfect? no. You will have problems, especially with the original carts. You will most likely have shorts and burnouts, but it will not the end of your world. W9 thech will fix your vaporizer. The customer service from this company is beyond exceptional and they stand behind their products 100%. I use my persei to manage pain from crohn's disease so I understand needing reliability, but with a little foresight you should be fine (for instance, if your single top is in for service you can use the double top with one cart.

Dont bash thc for the lack of documentation or for making the Persei and the Herc complicated. When you bought these items you read several warnings that these were only for advanced users and even checked a box that you had read the warranty. You will have to get used to tinkering with your device. Porsches need to be serviced more than civics.

cannaman559

Thank you! I guess I am shit out of luck :(

Any suggestions on something I can attach to my provari that actually works? I have seen a bunch of different attachments for dry herbs but they are all cheap china units with not so favorable reviews. I used to own a herbalaire vaporizer, I would like something at least as effective as that at producing vapor (it wasn't that great at all).

Thx
II like to use a ce4 from ruvaped with pg...my provari is my working horse. But when I want them portable dabs tho, the blackbird launches off the persei.

OF

Ten bucks is cheap to prevent explosions, and I ordered a spare just to have, because you cannot run 7.4 volt without this spring.

Dont bash thc for the lack of documentation or for making the Persei and the Herc complicated.

I'm not sure that's exactly true is it? Can't you also run two 18650s with two SS tubes and one non adjustable cap? Still, you want the spring in unless you're running protected batteries.

I'm not sure I read the OP as bashing, rather a comment that it was good (at present) that the forum was here so guys could help each other out because of "far too many little nuances and far too little mfgr documentation". IMO a valid point? That may change for in the future, but for now some poor sod picking one up on impulse from the LHS case is in a world of hurt if he wants to actually use it..........

I think it's cool guys are here to help each other.

OF

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
About a month or two ago, I shorted my original Persei top using the SR-71 and the batteries shot down against the adjustable spring. Everything has been fine since then but should I be replacing the spring or will it still do its job? I always thought that the spring was something that didn't need replacing but after reading some people's posts, I'm starting to get the feeling I should replace it. Any feedback?

Patrick Hughes

Stoneman
About a month or two ago, I shorted my original Persei top using the SR-71 and the batteries shot down against the adjustable spring. Everything has been fine since then but should I be replacing the spring or will it still do its job? I always thought that the spring was something that didn't need replacing but after reading some people's posts, I'm starting to get the feeling I should replace it. Any feedback?
did the solder get all melty? also, does the spring assembly still fit and work properly? I tried to use mine after I melted it, and it would not stay in place for very long.

Patrick Hughes,
Reactions: BLAZING OG

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
get a new one.

Rhino420

Can you go a little deeper on the fuse analogy? What if it's used improperly, how does it act? Serious, not being a smartass. What is proper use/improper use?

It looks like I either spend $$ yearly on Dabbler/Dr Dabber/RuVaped carts for my vape pen or $$ on coils for the Herc, ugh! From my limited useage, I can see coil costs getting up there for a heavy user. Once I cut mine, they seemed to go from a solid whole coil to 2 flimsy coils. They lost shape, and got "stringy", "strandy" where the cut was made. Needless to say, the learning curve for "removing that coil", already killed one %40 coil. Not nitpicking, but it is an added cost, when I thought the Herc woul be the last cart I would need to buy.
--The extra coil cost is too damn high. Plus, I shouldn't have to risk making a bad cut and ruining a coil, I am not a professional cutlerist for crying out loud. (semi-lol)

What can I do to make sure I don't short my top and prevent batteries from venting? That sounds very bad.
I just dropped a good bit of $$$, how can I make sure not to have shorts and burn outs? I just want a dang vape that works when needed, now I have to become an electricians apprentice just to understand my new toy, oy!

Is the cost for the black rod correct on the site? When I called W9 to halt my order of persei/herc(white rod) to wait for the black rod, Naomi quoted a price of "about ten bucks" to get it when available. Just checking since there was one pricing error noted for the spring($4.99 to $9.99).

just wanted to point out that when I cut my coil, I did so by spreading the coil apart a little, then I cut my coil with some diagonal cutters or dikes... deformed the coil a lil, but was able to smash back into shape with fingers, and just reamed the rod hole with a pen to get the lil wires that were poking towards the hole back in...

next never try to take that coil out cold... warm the herc up a lil, then u can take it out with the tool provided with the herc... even if you don't have the lil hook, I don't use mine either, just jab it into the coil and hook it on one of the wires... every once in a while i'll take the coil out to check if any oil is built up under the coil...(there never is) I just pop it back in (herc still a lil warm hopefully)...then, reload or keep vaping..

also you can boil and iso clean the coil if you want, so really you should only ever have to buy one more set of coils, but I agree with you on they should already come in different sizes factory cut from W9tech at some point...

i'm pretty sure you have a new persei that has the new tops that have overcurrent protection built in. which means you don't have to worry about shorting your new tops... also your batteries should not vent,thats what the spring is for, the spring should collapse before that would happen. at least I think that's how its supposed to work...

I remember hearing about the cost being around $10 when the blackrods were to come out, but hey if $20 bucks makes my herc work even better... shucks, they got me... lol

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!

Sometimes when the top blows the batteries overheat, and they could explode. This is the case in any device that uses Li batteries. If this happens in your persei, that adjustable spring assembly will deform and break the circuit. Ten bucks is cheap to prevent explosions, and I ordered a spare just to have, because you cannot run 7.4 volt without this spring.

Remember that the persei is not a toy for a lot of us. It is a really awesome tool, like a chainaw or an attack dog. Is it perfect? no. You will have problems, especially with the original carts. You will most likely have shorts and burnouts, but it will not the end of your world. W9 thech will fix your vaporizer. The customer service from this company is beyond exceptional and they stand behind their products 100%. I use my persei to manage pain from crohn's disease so I understand needing reliability, but with a little foresight you should be fine (for instance, if your single top is in for service you can use the double top with one cart.

Dont bash thc for the lack of documentation or for making the Persei and the Herc complicated. When you bought these items you read several warnings that these were only for advanced users and even checked a box that you had read the warranty. You will have to get used to tinkering with your device. Porsches need to be serviced more than civics.

I am getting these for my Ecig mods!
Enjoy
http://www.myvaporstore.com/ShortStop_by_Holocron_Labs_p/ss-hl.htm

Reusable Fuse, good price.

Last edited:

WaxOnWaxOff

I am getting these for my Ecig mods!
Enjoy
http://www.myvaporstore.com/ShortStop_by_Holocron_Labs_p/ss-hl.htm

Reusable Fuse, good price.

Looks like that's only good to 5 amps. also it doesn't say if it supports 8.4v. I just got a fuse from discountvapers for $5 that i'm using in the Persei. It's good for 7 amps and it supports stacked 18350's, but I believe it is one time use. (although if i'm careful i shouldn't ever need it). It also causes the bottom cap to only thread about 90% in, but I don't see that as an issue.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys there are three possible versions a oil vape can be.

Cartridge style closed system= disposable, short life span.

Closed system = none user serviceable, long lasting

Open system = user serviceable, longest lasting.

The cartridge style vapes are the ones the heaters have no warranties. These are the ones you throw away. Not really bad if you don't have the time to clean and do maintenance work. Cost of operation? $120-200 per year.

The closed systems, only one exists right now is the best wire heater oil vape. You can't recover your oil 100%, waste oil to clean and ship it back, and you'll be out of the unit if it's going in for repairs. Cost of operation? ???? Depends how many times you ship it back for repairs each year.

The open system = user survive able can recover 100% of your oil, and won't have any down time if you have spare parts, cost of operation for a year is currently around $30 since I am still using the 3 original prototype coils. And basing it off that. Possible fuck ups and cause some issues to your vape if misused.

There will always be trade offs guys. If you have no time to fiddle with anything and have the cash to spend the cartridge style is the best way.

If you don't like to keep paying to replace parts then a closed system or a open system is what you need.

I personally like an open system since I never ever sent my computers in for repair. I didnt like the down time.

Now for the coils. They are stainless steel will last a long time. What this means is you don't have to take it out every time you clean it. Boiling it while it's still in there cleans it also.

Now for the bottom spring.

The shortstop looks like a 5 amp limit device.

It's gonna set it off every time you press the Persei button.

In fact that fuse system is built into the new Persei tops.

Now I'm not sure what the internal resistance of these things are but adding more stuff is going to reduce the performance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom