Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Angel

Just charge my batteries just put the Hercules back on.... Didn't work, took it off and test just the Capsule without the shell. it worked So I took the adapter part shell and took a screwdriver to it and turned it a bit put it back on now it works great again.... Just a lil to get perfection , love my SR-71 !!!! Have to a admit though I was scared didn't want to mess with the rod

friedbanana8

prt. 1. i haven't used the insert w/ herb yet (just got mine today), only the washer.
i imagine you would use the mp insert w/ herbs just fine. minimal reduction in interior dimension, imo.

i used my incredibowl m420 screen as it's just a little big, but can be pushed in easy and it's micro-thin

man these hits are so damn tasty, i just have to say that i recommend everybody to try it out with herb and oil; the most tasty hits ever. i cant wait for the red 3.7v hammer rod for even tastier hits.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
man these hits are so damn tasty, i just have to say that i recommend everybody to try it out with herb and oil; the most tasty hits ever. i cant wait for the red 3.7v hammer rod for even tastier hits.

Glad we got the Herc to work the Way it was intended at first. Thank you guys for sticking by us and happy that its done and over.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Edit:

The same thing had happened to me when I had ran the Herc for an reasonable amount of time. It was the batteries were dead. The Herc seems to be a little power hungry, which is understandable with how it heats. The core will be a nice addition to this vaporizer's arsenal.

Actually, the SR-71 design, while power hungry is very efficient and reduces its power needs as it gets hot... As a major production unit - its much less power hungry that say The Cera EO. The SR-71 starts off a 1.5 ohm drawing near 5A, but as it heats it drops to 2.5A.

The Cera EO stays at 5A forever... It requires more current longer. Only saving is its 3.6V verses 7.4V...

Its easy to miss label this (not that you were :) ) its a major production unit which is GREEN :D

OF

Actually, the SR-71 design, while power hungry is very efficient and reduces its power needs as it gets hot... As a major production unit - its much less power hungry that say The Cera EO. The SR-71 starts off a 1.5 ohm drawing near 5A, but as it heats it drops to 2.5A.

The Cera EO stays at 5A forever... It requires more current longer. Only saving is its 3.6V verses 7.4V...

Careful here, lad. If those numbers are right (which I kinda doubt some....) 5 Amps at 3.6 Volts is exactly the same power as 2.5 at 7.4, right? 18 Watts each (although I don't think Cera is that high).

Moreover, given a choice of battery systems I'll take a single 3.7 Volt over two smaller 3.7s in series for 7.4. Not only is it cheaper to replace batteries (one instead of two, the price per each being about the same) but the all too common problem of overdischarging the weaker of the pair (and having to replace both prematurely) adds to this.

While I don't yet have my replacement SR-71, my 'take' from watching videos is it's slower to get rolling? That could lead to less sessions per charge, although if the vapor is thick enough who really cares?

I suspect, in the end, each system will have advantages and disadvantages........and we get to pick which is better suited to our wants/needs. How cool is that? Capitalism.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
While I don't yet have my replacement SR-71, my 'take' from watching videos is it's slower to get rolling? That could lead to less sessions per charge, although if the vapor is thick enough who really cares?

OF
i'd disagree w/ this completely. those were prototype vids. sans insert that corrects airflow.
i get vapor almost instantly from a cold start. faster than any TV product. Blazing OG's videos from recently are way more indicative of it's capability

PhotoRider

OF, you are missing my point. Also my numbers are 100% direct data from measurements. Actually, the Cera draws more than 5A at voltages higher than 3.6V. I set my supply at 4V/5A and the Cera current limits the supply at 3.62V. Checked measurements with my fluke meter so my numbers are empirical so I stand by them :) doubt away.

The battery issue - thats a base issue not a cart issue. Secondary to the cart not primary. While I agree in practice it 100% matters, but I run the SR-71 with 2 18650's - same same, but its large. Actually my power is now from a non battery source so that's mute :)

So my issue was not the "POWER" overall in absolute numbers as you discuss. Its the fact the Sr-71 reduces power at temp, Cera does not - That is a design consideration. While the SR-71 power is high - higher voltage is a square gain while current is linear, the differential was my point. You are talking velocity, I'm talking acceleration. The second differential. There is none with the Cera - its flat, the SR-71 is negative. Positive is thermal runaway which is bad.

In my use the SR-71 gets hotter faster and produces more quicker. The thermal mass of the Cera EO effects it. However, that isn't a complete con. The mass has pros and cons...

The absolute numbers are like this from my lab analysis:

Cera EO - constant 17.5W draw.
SR-71 - initial 36W draw, and quickly drops to 18W draw in less than 10 sec on cold start. This fact alone proves the SR-71 is made to heat and produce faster. It starts out with 2x da power. Warm starts it starts off between them depending on temp. I have not continued to fire the SR-71 to see if the 2.5A drops beyond that since it would over heat and not be real life...

Wasn't trying to give a judgement because that is personal. I was clarifying information so people understand and they themselves do not miss judge. There is a fundamental operation difference between the two. At first glance it is easy for one to say the SR-71 is 36W and 2X the Cera. Not tue. The integral value is very close between them. However its a very important point the SR-71 heater initially starts at 36W to produce quickly. You can not say that about the Cera heater design can we?

So my point was on that note and only that. Not that each unit does not have trade-offs because every tool does. They are not garden tractors and do everything, but poorly. Each has pros and cons and their sweet spots. I am throwing neither away :) and this hopefully does not become a taste great - less filling discussion my friend. Just clarifying points of view.

Capitalism - would haven't it any other way! your 100% right.

Edit - its a awesome this there are differences BTW - the worst thing I can think of is everything is a clone including us. Boy, somebody with my faults - talk about conflict between the two of us :D

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Wow this conversation is just getting to the point thats gonna go over my head, for the guys that are like me and just want to make sense of this let me explain.

Once the SR 71 gets to full power it needs less gas to operate then lets say other vaporizers. While the others need full throttle at all times, The SR needs half throttle when its up to speed.

What this also means is battery life is extended from 12min to around 19 min, and if you learn to feather the button you can get about 20min out of it.

This also leads us to why the Bender can do 1.5 grams of loose leaf between charges compared to other vaporizers that need a recharge at the 0.5 1.0 gram marker.

PhotoRider

Wow this conversation is just getting to the point thats gonna go over my head, for the guys that are like me and just want to make sense of this let me explain.

Once the SR 71 gets to full power it needs less gas to operate then lets say other vaporizers. While the others need full throttle at all times, The SR needs half throttle when its up to speed.

What this also means is battery life is extended from 12min to around 19 min, and if you learn to feather the button you can get about 20min out of it.

This also leads us to why the Bender can do 1.5 grams of loose leaf between charges compared to other vaporizers that need a recharge at the 0.5 1.0 gram marker.
hehehe - oh OF and I can get technical and you are 100% right for some your description is much more straight forward on benefit :)
I was discussing what is under the hood. Occupational hazard - sorry. However, it gives credence to your feature benefit technically to the detail oriented users like OF & myself LOL maybe a bit strange especially using this stuff. Thermal runaway kind of.

OF

OF, you are missing my point. Also my numbers are 100% direct data from measurements. Actually, the Cera draws more than 5A at voltages higher than 3.6V. I set my supply at 4V/5A and the Cera current limits the supply at 3.62V. Checked measurements with my fluke meter so my numbers are empirical so I stand by them :) doubt away.

I don't doubt you measured that, I just don't think it's realistic. The core ever sees full voltage. There are now less losses in the Cera with the welded strap, but measured currents there are seldom over 4 Amps and considered to always be under 5. Your test rig is not completely realistic, no big deal. Mine aren't either.

When my Beta Cera had the sliding switch it was very easy to actually measure delivered voltage since the slider had contact with the heater center pin and the retaining screws in the screw plate the shell. You can still verify this if you're careful, probe through the larger holes to find the battery top (I put a small magnet on top of it to aim for when I do this.

I get it that the SR71 current drops with heat, although I'm kind of amazed by how much. Some alloys do that (like in soldering irons) for the obvious reason. Stable resistance over temperature is actually a feature of the alloy TV uses, in practice current slowly drops off but because the battery discharges.

But they still use roughly the same power. 18 Watts or so. I don't think you can say SR71 is "much less power hungry that say The Cera EO"......which was my point?

Details, but details can be fun too.

OF

PhotoRider

I don't doubt you measured that, I just don't think it's realistic. The core ever sees full voltage. There are now less losses in the Cera with the welded strap, but measured currents there are seldom over 4 Amps and considered to always be under 5. Your test rig is not completely realistic, no big deal. Mine aren't either.

When my Beta Cera had the sliding switch it was very easy to actually measure delivered voltage since the slider had contact with the heater center pin and the retaining screws in the screw plate the shell. You can still verify this if you're careful, probe through the larger holes to find the battery top (I put a small magnet on top of it to aim for when I do this.

I get it that the SR71 current drops with heat, although I'm kind of amazed by how much. Some alloys do that (like in soldering irons) for the obvious reason. Stable resistance over temperature is actually a feature of the alloy TV uses, in practice current slowly drops off but because the battery discharges.

But they still use roughly the same power. 18 Watts or so. I don't think you can say SR71 is "much less power hungry that say The Cera EO"......which was my point?

Details, but details can be fun too.

OF
yes, my words were un-precise - I should have stated that differently. "Its much less power hungry than you initially think based on the initial numbers" was the correct words because in fact its the same power overall...

BTW - my numbers are the Cera EO cart and only that. You are adding the Cera base into the mix. Wasn't my point. Just the cart design, not the power delivery system. While I agree the base will limit the current, that is the base performance not the cart. Yes, if you use the base with the cart that is the operation, but in fact most of my use isn't with that base unit, nor does the cart design force that. If used on other supplies like the Persei, 5A can be continuously (I believe)...

So lets separate the technical performance between the base and the cart. They are different components - right. While the typical user most probably uses the same brand base with the cart and as such the performance is what you state, my investigation divides the two so we can understand each component. Then its easy to understand the performance with their unions. Testing several things together is difficult to understand each components performance. This is where my numbers are from - so we are discussing the measurement conditions which were unsaid (other than I implied a lab supply :) ). Easy for us to have differnet POV on the numbers based on that and therefore both are right really...

Last edited:

OF

yes, my words were un-precise - I should have stated that differently. "Its much less power hungry than you initially think based on the initial numbers" was the correct words because in fact its the same power overall...

So lets separate the technical performance between the base and the cart. They are different components - right. While the typical user most probably uses the same brand base with the cart and as such the performance is what you state, my investigating divides the two. This is where my numbers are from - so we are discussing the measurement conditions which were unsaid (other than I implied a lab supply :) ). Easy for us to have differnet POV on the numbers based on that.

All cool by me. For sure that wording makes more sense to me. I also agree looking at the carts alone can give a different perspective, but I think you and I might be the only guys doing that? Everyone else I suspects uses a battery of some sort and is not at all sure about the Volts and Amps?

Here's another way to look at power usage; G just quoted up to 20 minutes run time if you're careful. I don't doubt that. Cera will easily beat that by at least 50%. That is 30 minute run time is pretty standard, more possible. Even using the 2250 mAh units rather than 2900s. I've done over 40 with the 2900s but don't like running 'em that flat.

Thanks again, fun topic.

OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
All cool by me. For sure that wording makes more sense to me. I also agree looking at the carts alone can give a different perspective, but I think you and I might be the only guys doing that? Everyone else I suspects uses a battery of some sort and is not at all sure about the Volts and Amps?

Here's another way to look at power usage; G just quoted up to 20 minutes run time if you're careful. I don't doubt that. Cera will easily beat that by at least 50%. That is 30 minute run time is pretty standard, more possible. Even using the 2250 mAh units rather than 2900s. I've done over 40 with the 2900s but don't like running 'em that flat.

Thanks again, fun topic.

OF

Once again OF your comparing 2250 mah with 700 mah.

Given that the Persei can use 35 mah per minute. Calculation based on 700 mah divided by 20 minutes gives you 35 mah per minute consumption.

Compared to the 2900 at 40 min. 2900 divided by 40 gives me around 73 mah used per minute.

If you use a 2250 mah and that goes up to 75 mah per minute.

Looks to me the SR is more efficient in battery life. In fact it could be seen as twice as efficient?

Correct me if in wrong.

PhotoRider

Thanks again, fun topic.

OF
100% correct - the Persei can deliver more power if required and using 18350 batteries has much less mA rating. By product of the voltage requires. On a system level 100% correct. And yes, we are atypical and the exception. So our discussion really has the dress pulled up over our heads showing everything so its easy to misunderstand for the typical user aka your POV is more appropriate info to them.

So the trade-off is based on voltage because the battery technology to give the same mA rating at 7.4V verses 3.6V isn't there. That is design feature of the Cera EO. A secondary consideration on the cart design has first level performance effects on the system :) And this discussion 100% germane because in the end that will be the typical system performance on battery life.

But saying that, at first glance the 7.4V/1.5 ohm numbers being flown around here isn't static - the actual numbers are 18W between them. Its the voltage value difference causing the battery life diff...

I am just throwning around details like you say. Motivation is not to point one is better that the other and I welcome your POV - because 1) learn something always 2) it helps clarify the fdata and information 3) we all get a better enlightenment on the trade-off.

No one is so good to know everything and I typically output technical details directed to people who are the same... My demon when interacting with people not like that :) Lousy teacher, good mentor to my teams I have been involved with aka controlled membership of like technical drive.

Given that the Persei can use 35 mah per minute. Calculation based on 700 mah divided by 20 minutes gives you 35 mah per minute consumption.

Compared to the 2900 at 40 min. 2900 divided by 40 gives me around 73 mah used per minute.

Looks to me the SR is more efficient in battery life. In fact it could be seen as twice as efficient?

Correct me if in wrong.
Interesting - you maybe correct here. What hurts from voltage squaring the power, helps on mAh use. The SR-71 is half the current draw of the Cera EO cart. 2.5A at temp verses 5 (4 with base). That's 1/2 the mAh rating since mAh rating is current verses time w/o consideration of voltage (other than the voltage drop reducing the current as a secondary effect) Again its a battery issue when just discussing cart performance...

The is a great discussion because it bring trade-offs into view and into the open. Allows people to be informed...

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
100% correct - the Persei can deliver more power if required and using 18350 batteries has much less mA rating. By product of the voltage requires. On a system level 100% correct. And yes, we are atypical and the exception. So our discussion really has the dress pulled up over our heads showing everything so its easy to misunderstand for the typical user aka your POV is more appropriate info to them.

So the trade-off is based on voltage because the battery technology to give the same mA rating at 7.4V verses 3.6V isn't there. That is design feature of the Cera EO. A secondary consideration on the cart design has first level performance effects on the system :) And this discussion 100% germane because in the end that will be the typical system performance on battery life.

But saying that, at first glance the 7.4V/1.5 ohm numbers being flown around here isn't static - the actual numbers are 18W between them. Its the voltage value difference causing the battery life diff...

I am just throwning around details like you say. Motivation is not to point one is better that the other and I welcome your POV - because 1) learn something always 2) it helps clarify the fdata and information 3) we all get a better enlightenment on the trade-off.

No one is so good to know everything and I typically output technical details directed to people who are the same... My demon when interacting with people not like that :) Lousy teacher, good mentor to my teams I have been involved with aka controlled membership of like technical drive.

Interesting - you maybe correct here. What hurts from voltage squaring the power, helps on mAh use. The SR-71 is half the current draw of the Cera EO cart. 2.5A at temp verses 5 (4 with base). That's 1/2 the mAh rating. Again its a battery issue when just discussing cart performance...

The is a great discussion because it bring trade-offs into view and into the open.

Now lets compare apples to apples.

The 3.7v red rod being used on the 18650 battery.

Given the fact it's still using 2.5 amps at full throttle that means a 2000mah battery should last you around 60min and a 2900 80 min.

Once again correct me if I'm wrong but the trade off on this is longer life 20% less vapor then a 7.4v Sr setup.

PhotoRider

Now lets compare apples to apples.

The 3.7v red rod being used on the 18650 battery.

Given the fact it's still using 2.5 amps at full throttle that means a 2000mah battery should last you around 60min and a 2900 80 min.

Once again correct me if I'm wrong but the trade off on this is longer life 20% less vapor then a 7.4v Sr setup.
Well if the red rod is 2.5A at 3.6V aka can use single 18650's then its battery life approaches 2x the Cera EO cart life with the same battery. If the red rod can do oil and match the production of vape with the "same" on/off time then it will double the battery life over the Cera EO cart. This is the key :)

OF

Correct me if in wrong.

Again, please go read what I said? "Everyone else I suspects uses a battery of some sort and is not at all sure about the Volts and Amps?

Here's another way to look at power usage"

I stick by both those two ideas. Most owners want to know 'when I put in batteries, how many minutes will it run?'. Which is what I'm addressing. From a user POV a battery change lasts longer in Cera. For a number of reasons, not the least of which is the battery pack each is designed to use. TV made a conscious effort to abandon high voltage in favor of LV only and live within the available power. That means they get to use higher energy density batteries.....also not an accident. It's that higher energy density that gives the 50 or 100% increase in run time of course, the SR71 and Cera being basically a push power wise.

You and I both know that speaking in current only and not mentioning it's at a higher voltage is cheating.

OF

PhotoRider

quick question, if you use The Core do you need the iris?
no, it is a AC powered Iris in effect... The Iris does the same thing but requires a battery - it uses the Persei lower tube...
The standard Persei heads accept voltages upto the ~8V max of two 18350's so the voltage is controlled by the core and the top just supplies it... The core + standard top = Persei bottom + Iris with one exception --- the core is ac powered.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Again, please go read what I said? "Everyone else I suspects uses a battery of some sort and is not at all sure about the Volts and Amps?

Here's another way to look at power usage"

I stick by both those two ideas. Most owners want to know 'when I put in batteries, how many minutes will it run?'. Which is what I'm addressing. From a user POV a battery change lasts longer in Cera. For a number of reasons, not the least of which is the battery pack each is designed to use. TV made a conscious effort to abandon high voltage in favor of LV only and live within the available power. That means they get to use higher energy density batteries.....also not an accident. It's that higher energy density that gives the 50 or 100% increase in run time of course, the SR71 and Cera being basically a push power wise.

You and I both know that speaking in current only and not mentioning it's at a higher voltage is cheating.

OF

That's what I'm saying when you compare the red rod which it's at 3.7v and does oils but produces 20% less vapor then the 7.4v model I think that's what you would want to compare.

As the saying goes more power more speed and it won't be fair to other devices to compare a 45 watt portable with a 20 watt portable.

But comparing a 20 watt portable with a 20 watt portable I still say the SR comes out ahead in battery life efficiency.

Only way to find out is send photorider a prototype red rod.

Bugsy

VapeHare
no, it is a AC powered Iris in effect... The Iris does the same thing but requires a battery - it uses the Persei lower tube...
The standard Persei heads accept voltages upto the ~8V max of two 18350's so the voltage is controlled by the core and the top just supplies it... The core + standard top = Persei bottom + Iris with one exception --- the core is ac powered.

Thanks for the reply!

SlideOrDie

I don't know what's going on but I'm trying to pre order the core and it says that this product can not be shipped to my location?

I've never run into this problem ordering from you guys before and was wondering what the problem is?

Thanks

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
I don't know what's going on but I'm trying to pre order the core and it says that this product can not be shipped to my location?

I've never run into this problem ordering from you guys before and was wondering what the problem is?

Thanks
It might be a glitch since the new website has been newly revamped and moved to w9tech.com.
:shrug:
Hopefully we can get you sorted all out in a timely manner.

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: Katysax
Top Bottom