Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

tsc.v8

I haven't read anything anyone posted since my last post. I just wanted to say that that I'm not pissed off anymore. I thought about it, and I've bought two 2.4 ohm cartridges total (burned through the two 5 ohm carts that came with the unit first, or course). It's obviously not anyone else's fault if I ruined those cartridges. It's also not a huge number of cartridges to go through.

It's unfortunate that I have a low income, but that's no one else's fault, either. I may have done better with the Cera, since I seem to be somewhat inept with these cartridges. In any case, I'm not giving up on my Persei quite yet. I just wish I knew how to keep heaters from going out! Or, as THC Scientific said, maybe it is some kind of clog (air does flow freely through both cartridges, however).

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
I haven't read anything anyone posted since my last post. I just wanted to say that that I'm not pissed off anymore. I thought about it, and I've bought two 2.4 ohm cartridges total (burned through the two 5 ohm carts that came with the unit first, or course). It's obviously not anyone else's fault if I ruined those cartridges. It's also not a huge number of cartridges to go through.

It's unfortunate that I have a low income, but that's no one else's fault, either. I may have done better with the Cera, since I seem to be somewhat inept with these cartridges. In any case, I'm not giving up on my Persei quite yet. I just wish I knew how to keep heaters from going out! Or, as THC Scientific said, maybe it is some kind of clog (air does flow freely through both cartridges, however).

Dude, definitely go back and read some posts. THCSci offered you a free Hercules SR-71. Don't sleep on that opportunity! :mental:

exit

You should consider reading the parts of the thread you skipped:rofl:

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.

The Herculus 7.4V is your answer. Much hardier. The Cera EO is also hardy, but you have a Persei and a Herculus 7.4 on the way. Hang tight and it will be good.

The bad carts are in the past and maybe you know much more now on how to operate them. Keep away from the 5 ohms until the 2.4 ohm/3.7V operation is old hat.

The finger on the bottom cart is the feedback needed not to blow them. Then just solving the lack of vapor production. That as you know could be several things. Just walk down each type with suggested solution until you are up to speed.

TommydCat

Also keep in mind that the O.pen uses the inner 510 thread while the CE4 uses the outer thread while both use the center pin. I've found on at least one adapter that if I screw the CE4 in all the way, you can't draw through it as it blocks the air intake, but if you unscrew it a bit, it no longer touches the center pin and won't work. The second adapter which I have (which also came from D9V and looks exactly the same) work just fine for air and electrical. I would chalk it up to manufacturing tolerances (and note that the middle pin in you adapter "floats" - you might be able to nudge it in or out a tiny bit which could make all the difference).

Katysax

OK, I understand. You have two 510 carts, one works and one doesn't. Both 510's.
Both carts are good and work on a EGO battery.
The O cart works using the adapter, but the CE4 does not - right?

Yup - that's it. OK for now since the CE4 is working on the Ego battery I'll just stick with that cartridge. I thought the 601 that comes from Delta 9 was just the same as the others but with the adapter that I already have.

I tried pure gold in a Bud Sapphire cartridge and it leaked. I'm afraid to try it in the Omicron cartridge because I think it would also leak. So far the CE4 seems to be the best for pure gold, at least for me. It would be nice if I could get it working on the Persei.

tsc.v8

You dont have to sell your Persei, you tried your best and i guess the carts are not for you. 1 Free Hercules on the house just pay for shipping.

You have really gone above and beyond this time - I'm blown away! Just when I thought it was all a wash! Please let me know how to make sure you get the shipping, and thank-you very much for this fantastic oppurtunity!

Katysax

Also keep in mind that the O.pen uses the inner 510 thread while the CE4 uses the outer thread while both use the center pin. I've found on at least one adapter that if I screw the CE4 in all the way, you can't draw through it as it blocks the air intake, but if you unscrew it a bit, it no longer touches the center pin and won't work. The second adapter which I have (which also came from D9V and looks exactly the same) work just fine for air and electrical. I would chalk it up to manufacturing tolerances (and note that the middle pin in you adapter "floats" - you might be able to nudge it in or out a tiny bit which could make all the difference).

Thanks. This is all useful. I'll mess with it a bit.

tsc.v8

With my HERCULES I put such dirty junk in it and was able to get thick milk shake vapor clouds.
I need to medicated to maintain a even balance.
The PERSEI was awkward initially.
I'm so glad I stuck with it.
Hang in there tsc.v8!

Kind regards,
ataxian

Thanks for your words of encouragement! It's nice to know you had similar problems. This company is truly amazing - Free SR-71? That's nuts! By the way, I know the "medicate to maintain" dance, too, since around 1988! Anyway, I'll report on my SR-71 - I have high hopes.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm not giving up on my Persei quite yet. .

Good news!

When you get the SR71 just use that.
I'm getting ready for some strong medicating effects from this new device.
I hope you encounter a great experience as well!

By the way of the carts 2.4's work the best in my case.
I use the 5.0's that come with the PERSEI'S.
However the 2.4's give me more satisfaction.
The SR71 is more forgiving.

This is a 5.0 cart with SHATTER.
It works however I have to baby it with my torch to clear clogs.
Today I've been medicating with this however cheating with PURE GOLD on another PERSEI.
Like today I medicate all day with my PERSEI'S.

Hang in there and before you know it will be second nature!

The SR71 will make milk shake like vapor clouds.
I'm a flavor chaser however this thing delivers some serious dosages!
The NIBBLER Bob is testing would make more sense than my low budget water rig!

Katysax

Sorry if I'm asking a question that has been asked and answered. I've searched and can't find it. Can anyone tell me why the Persei ships with the 5v cartridge? What is the advantage of using that cartridge rather than the 2.4?

Katysax,

TommydCat

Longer answer:

Originally, the Persei was more marketed as an upgrade to Omicron owners, giving them a second voltage range (out of box, a third if you got CR-123A's to play with) as well as being capable to handle much higher current, and originally it came with 4.0ohm instead of 5.0ohm cartridges -- quite similar to a real street hotrod compared to boring passenger vehicles. I believe the thinking was along the lines of buyers would already have 2.4ohm (and later 1.5ohm) cartridges, so they packed two higher ohm ones so that you could 1) use the 7.2v setting out of the box and 2) use the dual head top out of the box.

The 4.0ohm proved problematic at 7.2volts (they're basically similar at 6 volts like the 5.0ohm cartridges are at 7.2 volts) so they moved to 5.0ohm cartridges.

This is also one of the reasons that learning the 2.4ohm carts is preached before moving up. However, now we have other options available to avoid cartridges altogether, but I'm vested in the cartridge system after the struggling to come up to speed (and unfortunately I found this forum later, but I still learn something new almost everyday due to the quality of the community here).

dankity3

anyone using any cases to make their persei and attachments portable and secure? I posted earlier but got no responses. should i be posting somewhere else?

dankity3,
Reactions: Katysax

thevaf

Also i need to ask how come the Persei is a pen vape? It does not even qualify it as a pen vape.

The Size of it even dictates its not, its like saying solo is a pen vape because its a cylinder based.

The ophos and the omicron light are pen vapes.

TV Cera is also classified as pen-vape so its not about size.

thevaf,
Reactions: Katysax
Top Bottom