Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

druminfected

Guys I am currently at champs show in Las Vegas, once I get to my hotel, I will look into some of the issues that have risen here.

Vegas? Nice! Do you plan on playing any poker while your there? In the meantime I'm packing up my old v1 Hercules for the mail on Monday. Have fun at the champs show.

druminfected,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
THC Scientific, any chance you can get my ticket answered? 1489001

Been waiting near a week with no response. I've resorted to using a cheap variable volt battery unit the last month as both my Persei tops are not performing. The variable volt at 3.7 outperforms anything I've seen out of my Persei in the half year of owning it and it pisses me off. I'm just trying to get my unit looked at for functionality, it could explain why my last 7-8 cartridges have been shitty performers and wasting my oil.

Also, are cartridges now coming with the flue pushed down? Bought two from my LHS and both flue shafts were considerably lower, and closer to the heaters, than any others I've gotten before. I notice a lot more clogging, but pulsing and putting voltage at 4.2 for a couple of hits gets it working okay again.

The flue should not be pushed down, if it is then there is in issue of passing quality checks.

Ticket answered.

Also i need to ask how come the Persei is a pen vape? It does not even qualify it as a pen vape.

The Size of it even dictates its not, its like saying solo is a pen vape because its a cylinder based.

The ophos and the omicron light are pen vapes.

Ps guys, you can hound bob for videos of the Nibbler XL with the SR - 71 doing herbs and oils at the same time.

He should have one tomorrow i think a head of schedule since he already fucked up like 5 heads trying to figure out how to use the Hercules.

Also this is why we are waiting for instructions before we send out any units.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
The Size of it even dictates its not, its like saying solo is a pen vape because its a cylinder based.

The ophos and the omicron light are pen vapes.
Seems to be in several threads. The mod posted this in one:
You guys know we have a rule about discussing moderator decisions, right?
(I asked about that myself...)

Oh that is one way to get Bob in gear, let us know his is in the critical path on our SR-71's. hehehe

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
photorider - no i'm not in the way, the printing of instructions is on the way. a mis-assembled herc will fry your tops so he want's to make sure they are printed b4 shipping. as i blew a few of my tops it has been illustrated to be this important. so in a way i kinda slowed it down, but hopefully it solves more in the long run.
the nibbler xl is on it's way to me so i can let you know how that goes

On a side note, i have 30 Hercs ready to ship but no Instructions, Waiting for instructions to get done and Shipping starts Monday.

Ok so here is instructions on returning your Old Hercules.

PLEASE SHIP THEM OUT ON MONDAY THE 29TH OF JULY. DO NOT SHIP IT ANY EARLIER AS WE ARE NOT HERE FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK.

SHIP BACK YOUR 7.4V HERCULES ONLY, PLEASE BOIL IT AND SOAK IT IN ISO AND BOIL IT AGAIN THEN IN ZIP LOCK BAG AND SHIP IT OUT TO US.

16742 STAGG ST #103
VAN NUYS CA 91406

NOW ONLY 7.4V HEATERS WILL BE REPLACED NOT THE 3.7V

IF YOU HAVE THE OLD SHELLS THE NONE TEFLON THEN SEND THAT AS WELL WITH YOUR UNIT.

INCLUDING IN YOUR SHIPMENT PLEASE HAVE YOUR INFORMATION.

NAME, LAST NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL.

PLEASE MAKE IT LEGIBLE.

WE WILL THEN CONTACT YOU REGARDING YOUR REPLACEMENT AND ASK YOU IF YOU NEED THE NEW COILS. IF YES THEN A PAYPAL INVOICE WILL BE SENT OFF TO YOU.

ENJOY YOUR WEEKEND.

OF

He should have one tomorrow i think a head of schedule since he already fucked up like 5 heads trying to figure out how to use the Hercules.

Also this is why we are waiting for instructions before we send out any units.
. a mis-assembled herc will fry your tops so he want's to make sure they are printed b4 shipping. as i blew a few of my tops it has been illustrated to be this important.

So you can use Hercules to kill Persei tops? I agree, that's worth knowing all about for sure. Most, I think, will want to avoid that.

OTOH, if it's possible, it's sure to happen no matter what sort of warning goes out. Look at the guys that put low Ohm value carts on HV Persei and V2 rigs?

Thanks for taking this one for the team, Bob. I've had to swap out a couple of heads, something I'd like to not repeat if possible.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
So you can use Hercules to kill Persei tops? I agree, that's worth knowing all about for sure. Most, I think, will want to avoid that.

OTOH, if it's possible, it's sure to happen no matter what sort of warning goes out. Look at the guys that put low Ohm value carts on HV Persei and V2 rigs?

Thanks for taking this one for the team, Bob. I've had to swap out a couple of heads, something I'd like to not repeat if possible.

OF

yea, there is a brass rod that has to screw into the base of the heater, but it also connects to the ceramic rod underneath. i thought that the b-rod just got shoved onto the c-rod and then screwed together, but it can go too far and hit another connection...bzzrt!
the b-rod actually screws into the base and when the whole thing's screwed together the connection is made in the correct place. this is not gonna move by itself, once assembled.

as to the heads, the hammer tops were the real stress ( i use those most often) but it was time for me to upgrade my og heads anyway, this just gave me the excuse.

am trying to decide on whether or not too wait until the mail comes to do videos. will i be to medicated by then? might start doing it now ;)

asimplebeast

I'm thinking of picking one of these up. Will the stock unit and carts work with shatter or am I going to have to wait to buy a Hercules? Also out of the box will I be able to upgrade right to the Hercules or am I going to have to get some different batteries? Thanks.

asimplebeast,

asimplebeast

unfortunately the persei doesn't come w/ the batteries that it should (aw imr) so you'll want to upgrade those and the normal carts have a hard time w/ shatter so i'd get a herc, but they should be out next week
Thanks for the reply Bob. What batteries should I be using for a Herc set-up then? Or, as an entry user wanting to use The Persei w/ the 7.4 Herc for shatter, what's everything I'm going to need to be using it optimally? Also how's the flavor on the Herc compared to dabbing? That's the taste and effect I'm chasing :p

asimplebeast,

PhotoRider

bob - I was just have fun with ya :) I know you are putting in a bunch of effort here :)

Yes, the flexibility of replaceable parts/assembly is a trade-off as usual.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
bob - I was just have fun with ya :) I know you are putting in a bunch of effort here :)

Yes, the flexibility of replaceable parts/assembly is a trade-off as usual.

no stress, my man. just clarifying. spent the morning shooting and editing down a 45m video to 20m
it's uploading now, but will take 2.5 hrs to do so. post it when it's up!

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: ataxian

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Thanks for the reply Bob. What batteries should I be using for a Herc set-up then? Or, as an entry user wanting to use The Persei w/ the 7.4 Herc for shatter, what's everything I'm going to need to be using it optimally? Also how's the flavor on the Herc compared to dabbing? That's the taste and effect I'm chasing :p
Listen to BOB!

Shatter in a SR71 is the ticket.
I have a 5.0 cart loaded with SHATTER and 2 AW18350's or 7.4VOLTS.
It works however not as well as my BLONDE HONEY COMB. AW18650 2.4 cart
I have to baby my SHATTER CART. (pre-heat)

In a HERCULES or SR71 you can be wild with your material.
With carts your have to be careful on the consistency.

I have put some dirty concentrates in the HERCULES and got my a@@ kicked! (in a good way)
If I put this same material in a cart complete failure. (Been there done that!)
Not recommending you to be as careless as I am just know that with SHATTERS you need tolerance!
I believe the SR71 will provide the tolerance you are looking for. (I included)

exit

I have a couple 2.8 ohm cartomizers I got for free with an order of some drip tips + battery lately...
When comparing them to the Omicron threaded CE4 Cartomizers on Delta 9's shop they don't really look very different.
Are they pretty much the same thing?
I ask only because I have a couple of these sitting around and wonder if they can be useful for stuff like PG with a 501-M601 adapter!

exit,
Reactions: ataxian

Katysax

I've got a question about the CE4 Clearomizer. I tried the adapter for the Persei and it seems to fit fine. However, the cartridge works fine on an Ego type battery. When I try it on the Persei I get nothing. I've tested the adapter with an O.pen cartridge and the O.pen cartridge works great. The Persei works. The adapter works. The CE4 cartridge works. But the CE4 cartridge is not working on the Persei.

Any suggestions.

Katysax,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've got a question about the CE4 Clearomizer. I tried the adapter for the Persei and it seems to fit fine. However, the cartridge works fine on an Ego type battery. When I try it on the Persei I get nothing. I've tested the adapter with an O.pen cartridge and the O.pen cartridge works great. The Persei works. The adapter works. The CE4 cartridge works. But the CE4 cartridge is not working on the Persei.

Any suggestions.

I use PG daily with my PERSEI.
I use the adapter with the cartomiser.
The new ones from DELTA NINE have the ADAPTER included.

The YELLOW CARTOMIZER is what I use with the ADAPTER it comes with. (PERSEI)
I need to medicate with PG now that you mentioned it!
OPHOS direct!

PhotoRider

Any suggestions.
if the cart fits and works on an ego battery then its a 510 threading.

The Persei is 601 threading which is very close. Probably what is happening is the center positive connection isn't being made because it doesn't sit right in the Persei socket and make connection. Try a 510->610 adapter...

Exit - correct a CE4 510 cart will work on the Persei/Omicron, O-PHOS with a 601->510 adapter (or the other way around 601 CE4 on a EGO type 510 with a 510->601 adapter. Do it all the time.

just match the voltage/ohms of the cart aka bad to do 7.4V on a start 2.4 ohm CE4. too much current/power

So the Delta9 CE4's are 510 with a 601->510 adapter included.

Katysax

I need to clarify that I am using a 601 to 510 adapter. It works perfectly with the O.pen cartridge but I'm getting nothing with the CE4. The CE4 works fine on a normal 510 ecig. It's not working on my Omicron either. I am using 3.7 battery and 2.4 ohm clearomizer.

Katysax,

Katysax

O.pen is a cheap cigarette style pen. The dispensaries sell pre-filled carts. They have a 510 thread and work fine on a standard ecig. Just to test the adapter I tried to O.pen cart on the Persei and it worked. The issue I'm having is the CE4 cartridge coupled with the adapter.

Katysax,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
O.pen is a cheap cigarette style pen. The dispensaries sell pre-filled carts. They have a 510 thread and work fine on a standard ecig. Just to test the adapter I tried to O.pen cart on the Persei and it worked. The issue I'm having is the CE4 cartridge coupled with the adapter.

could just be a bad connecting cartridge, i'd just get the one off of delta9vapes.com, that way it threads straight, no adapter needed

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: mvapes

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I need to clarify that I am using a 601 to 510 adapter. It works perfectly with the O.pen cartridge but I'm getting nothing with the CE4. The CE4 works fine on a normal 510 ecig. It's not working on my Omicron either. I am using 3.7 battery and 2.4 ohm clearomizer.

Maybe PHOTORIDER, Bob or OF would know.
These guys are techs.

PhotoRider

OK, I understand. You have two 510 carts, one works and one doesn't. Both 510's.
Both carts are good and work on a EGO battery.
The O cart works using the adapter, but the CE4 does not - right?

What I have found is the tolerance of some of this stuff add up. What is probably happening is the ce4 cart doesn't screw in far enough to connect the center positive connection on the adapter. Just a minor tolerance issue between the adapter and the CE4. A EGO battery is more precise and doesn't have an issue.

To experiment try taking a small piece of wadded up foil into a small ball and insert on top the center post in the adapter. Carefull not to short out against the outside threading which is the neg connection. Insert cart carefully and test - if that is the issue file down the top of the adapter some interactively until it works. The end the cart fits into. The depth is just a bit too much for the length of the center post of the CE4...

Or as Bob stated - buy the Delta9 carts that don't require an adapter. They are the same cart just with 601 threads. You can buy CE4's with various threading - such as 901 Echo style, 601, 510 and probably 701 too (Atmos Raw's)

Top Bottom