Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

exit

worked great, buddy. spend all day recovering.
everyone loved it

as to filling....
i recommend hair dryer if you don't have low watt gun

Thanks for the tip bud. I got heat guns around but never thought to use one to load a cart :doh:

Tonight's mission: load a cart with as little heat as possible!

By the way, can you load the new herc with a bunch of wax/oil, and let it sit there "pre loaded" for when you want to use it?

exit,
Reactions: tsc.v8

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Thanks for sharing that, Bob - my mini torch can be used as a heat gun but I never thought to use it that way when filling carts.

Thanks for the tip bud. I got heat guns around but never thought to use one to load a cart :doh:

Tonight's mission: load a cart with as little heat as possible!

By the way, can you load the new herc with a bunch of wax/oil, and let it sit there "pre loaded" for when you want to use it?

no sweat guys. just remember, that little gun has ONLY 300w. it is basically a focused hair dryer.
don't use paint stripper levels of heat. you'll run into the same problem. you can get that little monster on amazon (or at least you could when i bought it)

tsc.v8

It never occurred to me that you couldn't - I hope so. Personally I'm wondering about the capacity for herb in the SR-71. Someone said recently that only a small amount would fit, but I assume this is only when you are trying to vape both oil and herb at the same time.

tsc.v8,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

It never occurred to me that you couldn't - I hope so. Personally I'm wondering about the capacity for herb in the SR-71. Someone said recently that only a small amount would fit, but I assume this is only when you are trying to vape both oil and herb at the same time.

sorry, spaced.
yes you can load and let sit, that's pretty much the score. you can remove and most oil will stay in coil, amazingly.

you can load about .15-.2, regardless you need the long segment of coil (original cut into 2 pieces at the 1/3 mark) and a mp screen for buffer.
you can combust herb in the full size chamber (ewww! no insult to dubc) if ya like, or try to vape if you have insane button control and practice (or w/ an iris for voltage control)

exit

Last question (I think) - can you make it leak from loading too much or is it pretty clear how much you can load up at once when you're actually looking/holding it?

exit,

tsc.v8

you can combust herb in the full size chamber (ewww! no insult to dubc) if ya like, or try to vape if you have insane button control and practice (or w/ an iris for voltage control)

Okay, I was wondering about how you could realistically vaporize herb with the SR-71 considering the button control issue. I am definitely ready for the Iris - I think I might want to go back to vaping herb instead of concentrates - it just feels different to me. The Bender loses points on stealth compared to the Herc, which is important to me, and it's more expensive, too. I guess I'll have to wait for the Iris (sigh).

Last question (I think) - can you make it leak from loading too much or is it pretty clear how much you can load up at once when you're actually looking/holding it?

Whether you can make a cartridge leak by loading too much isn't something I know.

However, I believe the standard answer to your other question is that you weigh the cart before filling (they vary), thereafter weighing when necessary to keep at least .2 in it at all times, and filling it to no more than .7g.

tsc.v8,

exit

Whether you can make a cartridge leak by loading too much isn't something I know.

However, I believe the standard answer to your other question is that you weigh the cart before filling (they vary), thereafter weighing when necessary to keep at least .2 in it at all times, and filling it to no more than .7g.

Thanks for the info but I was asking about the SR-71 ;)

exit,

tsc.v8

Thanks for the info but I was asking about the SR-71 ;)

Yes, it seems I need some practice with concentrates - I didn't lose track of conversations when I was using herb only (I have 20+ years experience consuming the plant). I'm kind of staying a little extra medicated, too, because I've got a health problem on my mind and I have a big appointment with the doc in a couple of days. Anyway, sorry about that. :p

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Okay, I was wondering about how you could realistically vaporize herb with the SR-71 considering the button control issue. I am definitely ready for the Iris - I think I might want to go back to vaping herb instead of concentrates - it just feels different to me. The Bender loses points on stealth compared to the Herc, which is important to me, and it's more expensive, too. I guess I'll have to wait for the Iris (sigh).

you seem to be confused. you don't have to have oil in the coil. just the coil in the tank and then you can vape the .15-.2
you are safer from combustion if you use oil, but at the same safety level that the bender has

i don't know how to make this any clearer w/ out video so please wait til then or go over my other posts when you are clearer headed (no offense intended)

i am sure you CAN make it leak, but as the leaks first drop into the lower chamber, you'd have to leak over a gram w/out checking before i believe the actual unit would leak (if kept upright when stored).
i probably fed it a gram and then another half at the end of the day.

this week is filling up, but i do plan on doing a full breakdown video soon (i know, promises promises)

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: exit

exit

sweet - got a 8th (minus 1.5g lol) of wax, 8th of highest shelf shatter, and a big ass chunk of hard as a rock hash. SR71 shipping day can't come soon enough!!!

Yes, it seems I need some practice with concentrates - I didn't lose track of conversations when I was using herb only (I have 20+ years experience consuming the plant). I'm kind of staying a little extra medicated, too, because I've got a health problem on my mind and I have a big appointment with the doc in a couple of days. Anyway, sorry about that. :p

it's all good dude! STAY VAPED!!! :rockon:

tsc.v8

you seem to be confused. you don't have to have oil in the coil. just the coil in the tank and then you can vape the .15-.2
you are safer from combustion if you use oil, but at the same safety level that the bender has

i don't know how to make this any clearer w/ out video so please wait til then or go over my other posts when you are clearer headed (no offense intended)

this week is filling up, but i do plan on doing a full breakdown video soon (i know, promises promises)

Wow, you're right, I was confused. Unfortunately I will probably keep asking questions - it's just the way I am, but you are certainly under no obligation to answer any of them. Thanks for your help thus far.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
ok Guys for anyone who wishes to vape more then .15 grams of herbs what you would need to do is grab the 3.7v ceramic heating rods we have in production and this will safely allow you to vape herbs better and more of it.

The original Hercules 3.7v if im not mistaken can hold about .3 -.4 grams of herbs.

What this means is 1 Hercules will do both you just gotta select the correct Heat rod when you assemble it. Thats the cool thing about the Hercules Sr-71.

Ok now

Btw my names tim who should I ask for?

Ask for me, just by name G thats all you need to do, it stands for Gary but since there is another Gary here just ask for G.

1. I doubt I was waiting that long between hits, so that's one thing I'll change.

2. I have tried this many times and it doesn't seem to help. Sometimes I feel a clog in there clear, sometimes not, but either way I only get hot air or the tiniest wisp of vapor (not enough to have an effect).

3. I always store cartridges upright now.

4. As I mentioned (#2), I've tried this repeatedly without being able to fix the problem. I tried it again a few times just for good measure - same result.

I don't know what to think. The cart that does hit well has much better airflow, so I guess you're right about the other cart having a clog. I just can't seem to fix it.

Also, is the cart supposed to "run dry" at around .2g or is that just a guideline for when to fill it?

Ok so lets start to handle your issue.

Have you weighed the cart? What ohm cart are you using? What battery combination? What color is your batteries?

givemesome

ok Guys for anyone who wishes to vape more then .15 grams of herbs what you would need to do is grab the 3.7v ceramic heating rods we have in production and this will safely allow you to vape herbs better and more of it.

The original Hercules 3.7v if im not mistaken can hold about .3 -.4 grams of herbs.

What this means is 1 Hercules will do both you just gotta select the correct Heat rod when you assemble it. Thats the cool thing about the Hercules Sr-71.

Ok now

Ask for me, just by name G thats all you need to do, it stands for Gary but since there is another Gary here just ask for G.

Ok so lets start to handle your issue.

Have you weighed the cart? What ohm cart are you using? What battery combination? What color is your batteries?

I have red batteries is that ok?

givemesome,

givemesome

Haha no problem but I may not have the receipt it had the serial number on it I believe. Is that an issue? I cant try and hunt it down haha

Can try

givemesome,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.

Is that the same rod used in the current Hercules 3.7V?

PhotoRider,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Is that the same rod used in the current Hercules 3.7V?

Well the same rod in the current 3.7v but made for the SR.

Yes. You would need a 3.7v battery and 3.7v rod and now you got a herb vaporizer.

But better Yet next stage is also being produced for some kick ass ideas we have.

So for now this is what we have.

7.4v for herbs and oils at 7.4v battery.

3.7v ceramic rod for Herbs only being manufactured.

And working on Sr 71.9 to the tenth power for the Omicron version that will do oils and herbs maybe not at same time but both.

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
Omicron as in the base unit a.k.a a version of the sr that fits that? or something else?

PhotoRider,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
omicron is their 3.7v only smaller unit. so i'd say basically
right now if you want to vape herb in larger than .15-.2
get the Herc 3.7 and that if you only have a 3.7,
they are working on an oil and herb tank called the SR-71.9 to the tenth...lol?

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Omicron as in the base unit a.k.a a version of the sr that fits that? or something else?

The current SR fits the Omicron v2.xx series, the 7.4v heating element does not work with the single 3.7v battery, so what we ended up doing is manufacture the 3.7v heating rods, but this only does herbs.

So what we ended up doing is........

Well you just have to find out wont you?

bob the sr 71.9 to the tenth was a joke to our naming standards. :-)

but what i mean we do have the oil coming for the Omicron.

Top Bottom