Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I posted many pages back about a Hercules falling apart after a few uses. I was sent a replacement "connector piece" (warranty and shipping was an absolute mess and took over a month) which worked for a bit. But now my bloody batteries dont charge. (the small 3.7v)

I bought this persei around christmas. Used it maybe 20 times and it is junk again. Not to mention frying heaters by using the incorrect batteries. Why don't the heaters say the correct voltage to be used? I broke two heaters right after filling both with .5g of oil. Now the oil taste funny like burnt electrical stuff.

I strongly recommend purchasing a volcano vaporizer or similar product. This persei has been nothing but trouble and money for me. I have tried to get warranty for my batteries and was not given as much as a reply. The only way I was able to get warranty for my Hercules was by joining up with this forum and giving my experience.

Has anyone seen their charger blink red and green? is this normal? is my charger failing/going to fail?

Edit Rant.

I feel for you bro.

The charger I own from UltraFire Came with my Persei among another is red and blinking likes once every 1-2 seconds while charging and solid green when fully charged. Often electronics designers will use different flashing patterns as a debug tool. It may be telling the battery in high impedence or a million other messages but I don't know that flash sequence on that device. Wish I could help more.

BTW: Thanks DubCRider. The herc works well. Takes a while to heat up with Bubble in there but it didn't disapoint after a 2 minute warm up. With wax the clouds come much quicker.

Initial impression is that its less cloud than a Persei 2x (4 or 5 ohm) in quantity but the flavor is very good. I can definetly seem why you would want a hammer top after using the the herc.

Its needs an auto shut off timer of maybe 4-5 minutes to preserve battery though. Is there a feature like this on the hammer? I know Solo, INH, Pax all seem to have some time out. It seems my new head has a 20 second timeout. Is there a sleep/timeout/power save/idiot/stoner mode on the Hammer? Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm a bit late to the party.

ru_frothi,

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down
Sorry to hear that I am not the only one getting really poor service from THC lately. Its concerning for sure and I understand completely. Its truly sad. The volcano is a tried and true product but the so aren't the arizer EQ and Solo. I've never had an issue with my EQ but I did have an issue with my Solo (1st ceramic flaking and then 2nd 1 of 4 units I own just died). Both times amazing customer service.... I love the INH 004 but there service is totally hit or miss. MFLB had good support. TV also had good support but most of their products are sub standard IMO. with FlashVape the support experienced seemed good but I am still 2 weeks + after they were supposed to have shipped it waiting on a replacement. The vape industry is still in its infancy and the quality and support shows it. I still believe its a better alternative to smoking but there are a bunch of challenges for sure. Still not sure why customers are getting treated poorly by THC Scientific.

In all fairness, one can find complaints about every companies' customer service somewhere within their respective threads. No company is going to bat 100% but as far as customer service goes, Delta9/THC Sci has the reputation of being one of the best around at making things right with their customers. Most people (myself included) report swift and pleasant service with them. Hell, we've seen DubC go out of his way to actually meet with people in person on countless occasions. I've yet to hear of another company rep who goes to such lengths to make customers happy.

Humans build these products and run these companies and humans are bound to make mistakes. Every once in a while, some person is bound to drop the ball in some way, shape, or form and some unlucky customer will unfortunately be forced to deal with the inconvenience...and it always sucks when you are the one it happens to (I've been there before). Again, as frustrating as it is being in your shoes at the moment, the number of positive experiences with their company's customer service far outweighs the number of negative ones. I'm sorry to hear about your plight, though! I've been dealing with the same thing recently, only with electronics and not vapes. :bang:

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
In all fairness, one can find complaints about every companies' customer service somewhere within their respective threads. No company is going to bat 100% but as far as customer service goes, Delta9/THC Sci has the reputation of being one of the best around at making things right with their customers. Most people (myself included) report swift and pleasant service with them. Hell, we've seen DubC go out of his way to actually meet with people in person on countless occasions. I've yet to hear of another company rep who goes to such lengths to make customers happy.

Humans build these products and run these companies and humans are bound to make mistakes. Every once in a while, some person is bound to drop the ball in some way, shape, or form and some unlucky customer will unfortunately be forced to deal with the inconvenience...and it always sucks when you are the one it happens to (I've been there before). Again, as frustrating as it is being in your shoes at the moment, the number of positive experiences with their company's customer service far outweighs the number of negative ones. I'm sorry to hear about your plight, though! I've been dealing with the same thing recently, only with electronics and not vapes. :bang:

DubCRider has always been a kind and helping hand. I can't say enough nice things about this soul. He's taken me into his home and shown me patience and kindness and taught me to use the omicron and shared with me. He's a been a great asset for me.

I edited my comments which are harsh and not positive..

BTW: just watched a few of your videos. Wow!

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
DubCRider has always been a kind and helping hand. I can't say enough nice things about this soul. He's taken me into his home and shown me patience and kindness and taught me to use the omicron and shared with me. He's a been a great asset for me.

I edited my comments which are harsh and not positive..

BTW: just watched a few of your videos. Wow!

WOW, those are some beautiful words my friend!!!!
There still are some good people left in this world!!!!
:clap:

DubCRider

Frothy- Bitching on the Internet will never make anything better, especially after its been taken care of. Instead of praising me you should be appologizing to G. You already pushed him in the mud puddle, how many times are you gonna hold his face in it before you give him some air?

I'm always around, I urge anyone with an issue in the Bay Area to contact me for help. I usually have all the parts needed to fix an issue and come to you. I don't do parking lots or gas stations but if you have a safe place to go over things I'm more than happy to help.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Frothy- Bitching on the Internet will never make anything better, especially after its been taken care of. Instead of praising me you should be appologizing to G. You already pushed him in the mud puddle, how many times are you gonna hold his face in it before you give him some air?

I'm always around, I urge anyone with an issue in the Bay Area to contact me for help. I usually have all the parts needed to fix an issue and come to you. I don't do parking lots or gas stations but if you have a safe place to go over things I'm more than happy to help.

I hear what your saying but in this case it certainly did. I got shitty service for 6 months from G. Only after raising the issue did the offer from you come forward. So bitching on the internet did resolve this issue. G got muddy all by himself.

ru_frothi,

DubCRider

Yes, you now have a working Hercules, congrats. At what expense did it come though? Will you still be bringing this up 6 more months from now? With a ton of other vapes was it really detrimental to your well being and health to be without it? Did it cause suffering?

He fucked up, he apologized, you accepted, and now you continue to complain. I know where my guilty finger is pointing.....

friedbanana8

Yes, you now have a working Hercules, congrats. At what expense did it come though? Will you still be bringing this up 6 more months from now? With a ton of other vapes was it really detrimental to your well being and health to be without it? Did it cause suffering?

He fucked up, he apologized, you accepted, and now you continue to complain. I know where my guilty finger is pointing.....

Obviously the boy doesn't know how to accept an apology.

friedbanana8,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Obviously the boy doesn't know how to accept an apology.

I edited and retracted my comments before the reply was posted because I came to the conclusion that it was not positive on my own.

I would still like to know the truth about my unit and I guess that still bothers me.

I remember very well when OF had the same type of issue and called THC out on the forums. DubCRider made that issue right. Pretty much played out just like this.

I'm sorry if after being jerked around for 6 months that I can't forget overnight. I'm working on resolving this internally but it takes time.

friedbanana8

I edited and retracted my comments before the reply was posted because I came to the conclusion that it was not positive on my own.

I would still like to know the truth about my unit and I guess that still bothers me.

I remember very well when OF had the same type of issue and called THC out on the forums. DubCRider made that issue right. Pretty much played out just like this.

I'm sorry if after being jerked around for 6 months that I can't forget overnight. I'm working on resolving this internally but it takes time.

so then you havent forgiven them quite yet, but you're trying? Hey i'd be pissed too, and consider the company fortunate that you, the customer, had other products to entertain you while the issue was being resolved. Had it been myself, i probably would have started looking towards another company seeing as i dont have any other vape products (the persei and several attachments is all i have). im just pointing out that you said you forgave them yet you have all the tall tale signs of somebody still holding a grudge which suggests that you havent forgiven them.
Honestly the best thing to do at this point would be to let it go and move on. I say this because it seems like you still want to be part of the THC scientific "revolution" and it would suck having a grudge against a person that you're buying products from and basically supporting through the use of those products. Sort of a contradiction in itself wouldnt you say?
I dont know what the problem was between OF and THC, but in the past 3 months that'd ive been a part of this community, ive never heard OF speak ill of THC or vice versa. Which suggests that there truly was an acceptance of an apology, forgiveness or what have you for what may have occurred.
It just not a good look on anybody to bash somebody that has truly apologized and you are continuing to do business with. Its not a good look at all. Only more resentment will surface from this. At this point in time, now that you have a working product and are satiated in that regard, this is unnecessary negative energy to be withholding within yourself. Do yourself a favor and just let it go.

exit

Has anyone seen their charger blink red and green? is this normal? is my charger failing/going to fail?

It has already been answered but if you are curious, it is a pulse charger. I actually let my batteries sit in the charger for an extra hour or so because it's not uncommon it switches back and forth green and red a couple times.

exit,

PhotoRider

Diagnosed with level 11 G.A.S.
OK, I have been playing with the Persei for a while now and I can't seem to get it to vape continually. After I load a cart - originally I through in a full gram, but after reading posts here I tried 0.5 gram, OK 0.6 gram :) Either way it primes, tastes good and gives a few great hits. Then it stops drawing well. It keeps working, but much less vape. Oh, 7.4V with a 5 ohm... I have tried various ratios of power on & off. I monitor the cart temp with a thermo probe from work. Course there is a lag and an overshoot so I have experimented quite alot. I set it down (standing straight up) and let it cool to room temp and try again. Reheat some with a torch. I even tried using a chemical hand warmer wrapped around the cart. I also tried a centrifuge to reprime the cart while is was a little warm. You must be very careful on doing this cause it could leak out the bottom so yes I understood that. I of course experimented a bit on temp/rpm until some leaked out the hole to see the limit for fun.

BTW the centrifuge is a great way to reclaim the wax - use wax paper cupped on the top, invert in the centrifuge tube, warm it a bit with heat and spin. Works well and fast.

I find a similar result with the 2.4 ohm 3.6V - course the ratio is much different - much more on time. I tried 6V with the 5 ohm also...

So if you guys are happy, I must be doing something wrong. However, for the life of me I can't figure out why. It very well might be the BHO I am using. I have tried many - probably 6 or 7 different ones. I have tested on foil and used the clean ones.

This is a pic of what I selected to work with: (hope the images are not too large for ya phones)
Vaping-7.jpg

Anyway. I welcome some help. I have invested a fair bit on this technology cause once the technical use issues I believe are solved will be my go to BHO delivery system.

I noticed "DubCRider" offered to help in person for people in the Bay Area. I'm in Portland, but I am from San Jose and planning a trip to Hayward in the middle of June. Is that offer good if I PM my cell phone # and available dates (I'll be there a week around the 15th)? I am willing to meet you anywhere around the BA or at my friends house, but if you have a spot you prefer I am OK with that.

That said, I am very happy with the Hammer and the Bender. Awesome little thing for sure. Only thing is I wish the Hammer top came with the Bender or the top was available separately - I emailed THC a week ago, but haven't heard back. Must be busy. I figure I will just buy the Hammer kit when this one wears out. Meanwhile I jerry rigged a rubber ban solution for hands free. Yes its low tech, but free.
Vaping-5.jpg

Someone talked about the carts where different in some design features - I noticed that also. The carts that came with the unit were diff from the 5 pack I got. Of the (7) 5 ohm carts I found 3 different types. The bridge is a X fighter in one and the height is different in one - its lower in the tube. Not that any of this matters to operation I would think. Not taking them apart to see if anything else is diff. They are still operational, but need cleaning. Lower left is X wing, lower right has the bridge lower and the upper middle is the one I have the most of...
Vaping-1.jpg

BTW the Nibber is awesome also. I use it on everything I vape on portable stuff. Use a bubble water pipe at home of course. A 3/8" tube and mouth piece and you are set. I also don't use the mouth piece on the Bender. I use an elbow and tube from my Extreme-Q. Easier to travel with. I'm afraid of breaking that nice glass mouth piece when I'm on the go...
Vaping-4.jpg

Vaping-3.jpg

I using the Omicron's also. Grabbed a HVD kit also. Nice to end up with two full units doing that.
Vaping-2.jpg

Finally you guys are right - you need a stable of batteries... I took your advice....
Vaping-8.jpg

I would love to get a Hercules also, but a bit afraid of that at the moment with some of the posts here about it. It would be an improvement over an AtmosRx.

So far the Micro-G still is giving me better results. Of course with the additional effort of reloading it every few hits. Also, long term this would be $$$, the battery is an use item as the cart. IMR batteries are much more economical and much inferior. My buddy came over with a Vaped setup with their glass globe/nail and super carts. Man they work awesome also and can use a base with the IMR's, but with the reloading effort . So having several Omicron carts loaded is much more attractive. I need to figure this puppy out!

OF

I dont know what the problem was between OF and THC, but in the past 3 months that'd ive been a part of this community, ive never heard OF speak ill of THC or vice versa. Which suggests that there truly was an acceptance of an apology, forgiveness or what have you for what may have occurred.
It just not a good look on anybody to bash somebody that has truly apologized and you are continuing to do business with.

Beats me as well, and I'm OF.....or at least think I am. For sure we've had our disagreements (as I think is proper), but after stating our respective reasoning respect takes over again? The way gentlemen should? I sure don't recall ever calling G or anyone at D9 a liar and try to make it a habit not to keep bringing up past issues at every opportunity. Even ones not really resolved to my satisfaction. I agree, moving on is probably the best plan?

D9 products have issues from time to time, IMO quite reasonable given the cutting edge nature of the business. The key point is they are standing behind their products, working with customers to 'make it right' by them. Nobody is getting left behind or ignored IMO, guys can buy with confidence. Customer Support is solid and dependable if you need it.

OF

friedbanana8

Beats me as well, and I'm OF.....or at least think I am. For sure we've had our disagreements (as I think is proper), but after stating our respective reasoning respect takes over again? The way gentlemen should? I sure don't recall ever calling G or anyone at D9 a liar and try to make it a habit not to keep bringing up past issues at every opportunity. Even ones not really resolved to my satisfaction. I agree, moving on is probably the best plan?

D9 products have issues from time to time, IMO quite reasonable given the cutting edge nature of the business. The key point is they are standing behind their products, working with customers to 'make it right' by them. Nobody is getting left behind or ignored IMO, guys can buy with confidence. Customer Support is solid and dependable if you need it.

OF

After 3 months, i can say that ive had nothing but good experiences with customer service. All of these experiences will be remembered if ever there comes a time that they dont perform at that same level, at which point i'd weigh the good vs the bad. but i have to say, its all good so far; no regrets choosing THC as my first vape company. I bought alot of stuff during the 4/20 sale, which must have been their busiest time this year, and their customer service was still something worth mentioning. Its amazing to be able to order product during their busiest time of the year and get them just a couple days later without having to pay extra. I have never had a company ship as fast as THC does.
And their reps are constantly monitoring this forum. I had a minor issue a while back and Naomi was already on it before i could even call in about it. That is quality service right there.
Keep it up guys!

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
That said, I am very happy with the Hammer and the Bender. Awesome little thing for sure. Only thing is I wish the Hammer top came with the Bender or the top was available separately - I emailed THC a week ago, but haven't heard back. Must be busy. I figure I will just buy the Hammer kit when this one wears out. Meanwhile I jerry rigged a rubber ban solution for hands free. Yes its low tech, but free.
Vaping-5.jpg

[/quote]

Pretty resourceful!

Here's a left over piece of wood I'm trying to make something out of!

More scrap:

DubCRider

I noticed "DubCRider" offered to help in person for people in the Bay Area. I'm in Portland, but I am from San Jose and planning a trip to Hayward in the middle of June. Is that offer good if I PM my cell phone # and available dates (I'll be there a week around the 15th)? I am willing to meet you anywhere around the BA or at my friends house, but if you have a spot you prefer I am OK with that.

Indeed, PM me closer to your trip and we will work something out.

OF

I wish we had a ' DubCRider ' up here in Toronto .
If ' He ' came by my place , and showed me the ropes and products .
' He ' would def. be leaving with a lighter brief case .

Maybe you should set up a road trip for him? Kind of like a chain letter? The guy before you brings him by, he sorts you out, crashes at your place, then next day you take him to the next guy on the list?

DubC could get a fun vacation from it, you could get your vaping act sorted out by the man......you'd have to promise to return him in good shape of course.

You'd have to feed him too, I guess, but skinny as he is he can't eat much?

OF

PhotoRider

Indeed, PM me closer to your trip and we will work something out.
Thank You will do. I am sure it will cost me money cause I want a HERC also.
Happily buy ya a meal or grab a bar tab :)

Pretty resourceful!

Here's a left over piece of wood I'm trying to make something out of!

More scrap:

Yes Ataxian, very respurcefull also. I copied your lead :) (work in progress - I was medicated at the time).
Now if you can come up with a holder for the Persei on my wheels...
_PTK4052.jpg

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Yes Ataxian, very resourceful also. I copied your lead :) (work in progress - I was medicated at the time).
Now if you can come up with a holder for the Persei on my wheels...
_PTK4052.jpg
[/quote]
Since this photo was taken the motor looks like yours.
It's now all Blacked out!
I will make a PERSEI holder out of ALUMINUM then have it dipped in BLACK TEFLON!
The Forks are Black now.
I need a current photo.
By the way I love your RED pens in your collection!

exit:
When I make one I may as well make six to reduce cost?

exit

Not my pic but I'm saving up for one like this...

8QIrKuEl.jpg

How obvious is it that I mustbe the thread "baby" now! :lol::lol::lol:
You might want to make a few of those aluminum/teflon holders :tup:

exit,
Reactions: ataxian

PhotoRider

he he he - they are all tools to medicate cause I never felt better than doing one of them, but not together :) Spent alot of cash on both sets of tools... The Omicron V2.5 and getting a HVD kit is a great deal because you end up with two functional units and after black, red is the ticket :D Didn't figure that out before I grabbed an O-PHO for the travel kit :) However I still like the O-PHO having a USB jack to charger in the vehicle using the same charger as the phone - one less thing to carry on the bike. Also like the cart cover. I think it is more hardy for travel because that protects the socket from getting torqued from stress. I always worry about the Persei socket with the hammer/bender installed. A lot of leverage and force on the socket so it must be treated with respect. I never travel/store with the hammer installed in either.

Yet had chrome, but like BLACK on a Harley especially a clubber style. Had to add white/grey ghost skulls/flames to contrast it a bit. I added a 120R engine and rebuilt everything else from scratch. Its a 2000 FXDX which they quit making in 2005 and it was an old carb'ed TC 88. Its still carb'ed. In fact the engine isn't listed by HD to fit in this year - took some effort, but I believe its the oldest harey with a 120R. Rode super bikes since college in the 70's. Too old now cause I would kill myself so you ride a V-Twin because you know better than try too hard :) Mine does dyno well:
FXDX_120R_Dyno_Pro_Stock_Spyder-1.jpg

Oh I digress. Back on topic - yes a milled holder for the Omicron/Persei for the bike would be excellent! Need them to be keep reaching for the stars... Maybe a built in USB jack for the O-PHO :)

Love the photoshopping in the upper left corner Ataxian.

PhotoRider,

exit

The O-PHOS uses the same charger as the MP3 player i keep on the road :tup:

I need to stop letting my friends try out my Persei or O-PHOS though, they always make a clog happen and I need to reflow my carts :/

"Don't forget, you need to pull lightly!" *PFFFFF* "Huh? Why'd it stop pulling? This shit sucks" :horse:

Top Bottom