Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

Cool just wanted to make sure, online if days it's for 1 of the big 18650's. it works awesome In that tube with 2 18350 wondering why I would ever use the normal persei body again!! Ha

That tube is not intended to be used with two 18350s, only with one 18650:
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Persei-SS-Black

Jamming the longer battery in is not a good plan, it can hurt the spring. More over, those sorts of springs are typically part of the safety system, they collapse under overload (like a fuse, sorta), jamming the cap up tight defeats that. This is why the adjustable one was made in the first place......(it would have been cheaper the other way).

I suggest you abandon the use. You get to decide it that makes a good reason to go back or not.

OF

OF,

k3nd4l

well tracking says my SS kit and cart went out for delivery today. guess that's missed delivery #1

k3nd4l,
ah is this a restricted signature postage ? because i know i use to just check the box off and sign the sheet to leave the package at the door when i missed a package that required signature. iguess ill miss thursday and take off friday so i can receive that and my oil and go wild.

3 times before I've checked the "authorization" box and signed the slip and left it in my mailbox. The postman would pick up the slip when he delivered my mail and I would have the package the next day. So far I haven't had a package sent where an in-person signature is required. Keep in mind that I feel comfortable with my neighborhood and am not too worried about my package getting stolen.

If you don't mind picking up the package yourself, another option would be to have your mail held at the post office. It can be held only for a certain amount of days (I forget the number; 2 weeks maybe?)

the persei stinks ? shit..
on a scale of 1 to 10 how noticeable is the smell after someone takes a hit

When used with concentrates, I give it a 2; from what my friends have told me, only people in my immediate vicinity can catch a faint odor when I exhale, but it dissipates quickly.

Got my persei ss today, has anyone put 2 18350 in the longer part of the ss kit? The battery sticks out a little bit but been smoking it for a few minutes avd it seems to work just fine?

That tube is not intended to be used with two 18350s, only with one 18650:
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Persei-SS-Black

Jamming the longer battery in is not a good plan, it can hurt the spring. More over, those sorts of springs are typically part of the safety system, they collapse under overload (like a fuse, sorta), jamming the cap up tight defeats that. This is why the adjustable one was made in the first place......(it would have been cheaper the other way).

I suggest you abandon the use. You get to decide it that makes a good reason to go back or not.

OF

I've been putting 2 18350's in my longer ss tube not knowing that it's not recommended, but I haven't had any (noticable) problems thus far. So with this combination, the spring will eventually become over-compressed and the safety system may become compromised?

UpUpandAway,

OF

I've been putting 2 18350's in my longer ss tube not knowing that it's not recommended, but I haven't had any (noticable) problems thus far. So with this combination, the spring will eventually become over-compressed and the safety system may become compromised?

have you used it OF, seriously not a problem, but as the hodgetwins say, do whatever the fuck you wanna do.

No, I have not tried it, nor do I doubt it can be done. My point is 'should you?'. Based on what the maker says and what I know of such systems my advice is not to. I've stated the reasons to support my opinion.

And again, if a fixed length meets they system requirements in both cases now, one to wonder why not before and why the D9 cite today doesn't support the 2X18350 use. Could well be a non issue, but it also could making the advice here to do it questionable at least IMO.

I know guys who smoke cigarettes and date married women, too the their personal delight. Don't recommend them either.

OF

Edit: For those betting the rent money on this one, I've got an update or two. A few minutes back i noticed I got a polite PM from D9 telling me they'd made a mistake on the web page leading me to give out bad advice....they were going to fix the web page to list 2X18350s as well as the 18650. Very apologetic and nice (as you'd expect) for the confusion they'd caused me.

8 minutes later, before I read the first message, the same person PM'd me again reversing it. G had said 'it's not for use with 18350s'. This is, of course, second hand to me, third hand to you. Hopefully the man himself will confirm, but for now my advice is 'don't to it even if it does feel good'. OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

TommydCat

Some waxes/shatters smell much more than others... The Omicron with 2.4 ohm carts were always almost perfectly stealth since I usually could only gets faint whisps out of them, lol... The Persei with a 1.5 ohm or a 5 ohm will cloudify/stinkify a room quickly with little problem.

Been thinking about trying some 4 ohm carts and stepping through the voltages for amount of hits since it seems like this single cartridge may work at all three voltage levels (c'mon IRIS 2.0!!). 3.7v for stealth/light vapor, 6v for common use, 7.2v to set the world ablaze.. 5 ohm carts at 3.7v seem too whimpy and I think 3 ohm would be too hot at 7.2v. Anyone else try this / think this / interested?

I still have seen zero input on the 3 and 4 ohm carts at all except in a mention or how that 2.4 ohm carts are truly the second coming...

TommydCat,

dankd420

I still have seen zero input on the 3 and 4 ohm carts at all except in a mention or how that 2.4 ohm carts are truly the second coming...

In my experience its all about the final wattage, and how long you hold the button. Basically as the wattage increases the heat up time decreases, cloud size increases, the flavor decreases, and if your not careful the seals will melt at the highest wattage. Anything over 15W is really pushing it and will have a noticably shorter lifespan. The button is rated for 5A if my memory serves, so if you really want you can go up to the full 1.5ohm at 7.4v without overdriving the device, just the cartidge.

4.5W = 3ohm @3.7v
5.7W = 2.4ohm 3.7v
9W = 4ohm 6v
9.1W = 1.5ohm 3.7v
11W = 5ohm 7.4v
12W = 3ohm 6v
13.7W = 4ohm 7.4v
15W = 2.4ohm 6v
18.3W = 3ohm 7.4v
22.8W = 2.4ohm 7.4v
24W = 1.5ohm 6v
36.5W = 1.5ohm 7.4v

DankD

k3nd4l

well either my mailman doesn't give a damn or my note worked but when I was leaving for work this morning I printed out the tracking info & wrote on it "tracking info doesn't say signature required so please leave package at door or mailbox and if signature is required here is my signature stating that I take full responsibility if this package is lost or stolen" and taped it to my door and my tracking info just updated saying it was delivered.

on my way home now from work too see it this is true

k3nd4l,
Reactions: OF

OF

In my experience its all about the final wattage, and how long you hold the button. Basically as the wattage increases the heat up time decreases, cloud size increases, the flavor decreases, and if your not careful the seals will melt at the highest wattage. Anything over 15W is really pushing it and will have a noticably shorter lifespan. The button is rated for 5A if my memory serves, so if you really want you can go up to the full 1.5ohm at 7.4v without overdriving the device, just the cartidge.

I think that's a good 'take' on the subject, although I might draw that 'really pushing' line a little lower (and some higher I guess).

I think it's also important to note there's a big difference between the above numbers and what you get with a fully charged and 'time to recharge' battery. This will boost voltage about 10% (3.7 to 4.1 Volts), which will also boost current the same percentage. The power, their product, goes up 20%. So the 9 Watt (Nominal) 1.5 Ohm cart on 3.7 is 11 Watts on a fresh charge and about 7 by the time you break down and charge again. That's a pretty big range when you think about it. 11 to 7 Watts. I don't think it's brute power alone that makes it do what the owner wants. It's only a tool, not magic, it takes a skilled user to get the most out of it.

OF

OF,

TommydCat

Yes, and while the 2.4 ohm carts are pretty much foolproof at 3.7v (or 4.x if you're not using an Omicron 2.0) and survive an infinite press, there's no real fun factor.

I've been loving the 5 ohm carts in that they are rather bursty. What I mean is that with a 2.4 ohm cart, you'll hold it for 4-5 seconds, start getting a wisp that might grow a bit as you hold it. With the 5 ohm cart, if you hold more than a couple of seconds, it'll "light off" as the heat climbs to the point the vapor will keep coming even if you let go. In perhaps less than a second later if you don't let off, it'll start scorching with a bad taste (probably the main taste complaint of the 5 ohm'ers from this or residual effects). Mastering that "in-between" of "lighting off" and scorching it can produce a huge cloud. Keeping it under the "light off" point gives pretty thin stuff. This is HARD compared to the 2.4s and takes practice and understanding of what's happening inside.

The 2.4 ohm is a Honda Accord with cruise control and the 5 ohm is a radical hotrod dragster stuck in 2nd gear straight from the track -- set cruise control on the Honda and you're vaping easy with little care or worry. Get in the hotrod and you can seriously get in a world of hurt quickly -- it'll still do 60mph but it definitely doesn't want to. The real fun is getting it to do 69mph and pass all the Honda's on the right ;)

The 4 ohm cartridge seems like another vehicle like a hotrod but you can switch gears ;)
(That wattage table is specifically why I was looking at 4 ohm). 3.7v and it's safe like a bumper car. 6v and you got some nitrous. 7.2v and GTF out of my way ;)

TommydCat,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT

4.5W = 3ohm @3.7v
5.7W = 2.4ohm 3.7v
9W = 4ohm 6v
9.1W = 1.5ohm 3.7v
11W = 5ohm 7.4v
12W = 3ohm 6v
13.7W = 4ohm 7.4v
15W = 2.4ohm 6v
18.3W = 3ohm 7.4v
22.8W = 2.4ohm 7.4v
24W = 1.5ohm 6v
36.5W = 1.5ohm 7.4v

DankD
A SHORTY with a 3.0V and a 1.5ohm?

ataxian,

k3nd4l

all i can say is wow.

1st off .. when i opened the package i thought that delta9 had forgot to ship my SS kit but when i opened one of the boxes i realized just how small it really is. This is going to be extreme stealth.

2nd off .. i dont know whether this was just a mistake or done on purpose but i ordered 1 2.4 ohm cart & 1 ss kit. my invoice included in the package shows 1 2.4 ohm cart + 1 ss kit ordered. opened the 2nd little box included in my package and i was sent a total of 5 individually wrapped 2.4 carts. whether this was an accident or purpose(im guessing accident) THANK YOU DELTA9 !

k3nd4l,

k3nd4l

I thought they shipped you 5 now in case up to 4 were dead? j/k ;)
Score!

haha imagine? at first i thought maybe they sent 5 instead of 1 because i had to email them to see why my order hadnt shipped yet. but then i thought about it n figured that wouldnt even matter because they still sent it out same day. so i figured i just lucked out and received a 5 pack for the price of 1. that means i now have 6 since im also awaiting a cart from planetvape. i think im set for a while :D

k3nd4l,

dankd420

A SHORTY with a 3.0V and a 1.5ohm?

3v and 1.5ohm will get you 6 watts, right inbetween 3ohm and 2.4ohm on the longer 3.7 volt battery.

EDIT: for the curious, Power(watts) = Volts^2 / Resistance(ohms). 3^2/1.5 = 9/1.5 = 6

dankd420,
Reactions: OF

Jayslc

No, I have not tried it, nor do I doubt it can be done. My point is 'should you?'. Based on what the maker says and what I know of such systems my advice is not to. I've stated the reasons to support my opinion.

And again, if a fixed length meets they system requirements in both cases now, one to wonder why not before and why the D9 cite today doesn't support the 2X18350 use. Could well be a non issue, but it also could making the advice here to do it questionable at least IMO.

I know guys who smoke cigarettes and date married women, too the their personal delight. Don't recommend them either.

OF

Edit: For those betting the rent money on this one, I've got an update or two. A few minutes back i noticed I got a polite PM from D9 telling me they'd made a mistake on the web page leading me to give out bad advice....they were going to fix the web page to list 2X18350s as well as the 18650. Very apologetic and nice (as you'd expect) for the confusion they'd caused me.

8 minutes later, before I read the first message, the same person PM'd me again reversing it. G had said 'it's not for use with 18350s'. This is, of course, second hand to me, third hand to you. Hopefully the man himself will confirm, but for now my advice is 'don't to it even if it does feel good'. OF

OF, thanks for input but when you say jam the batteries in I really don't have to jam at all, if I jam I can get both 18650's below the top about a half inch, and when I put those 2 batteries in the longer ss tube the batteries still wiggle around so it doesn't seem crunched. Honestly don't see problem, if D9 put up big red letters saying dont do it I am going to do if while sporting a lifetime warrenty:)

Jayslc,

TommydCat

Is it bad to use 1 cart with the 2 cart top persei?
Nope.. Just take extra precaution to not get goop in the threads of the empty socket. I think some people had issue getting just one to work with a 3.7V battery (something got revised to fix it)? Never had the problem myself.

TommydCat,

k3nd4l

all i need now is the oil !

photo1_zps54563589.jpg

k3nd4l,

exit

Do I have this right?
From "weakest" to "strongest"

2.4 ohm
1.5 ohm
3 ohm
5 ohm
4 ohm

Probably gonna order a 5 pack soon if i get this persei withou cartridges in the classifieds section. I'm gonna get 2x 2.4's because they're the "reliable" ones but I'm trying to get a few of the "stronger" ones for when I wanna go all out.

exit,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
on the SS tube. i had one go nuclear on the earlier version of the herc.
had more than enough room for the spring to compress. guy was safe.
not sure what else the issue could be

Bob Loblaw,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Do I have this right?
From "weakest" to "strongest"

2.4 ohm
1.5 ohm
3 ohm
5 ohm
4 ohm

Probably gonna order a 5 pack soon if i get this PERSEI without cartridges in the classifieds section. I'm gonna get 2x 2.4's because they're the "reliable" ones but I'm trying to get a few of the "stronger" ones for when I wanna go all out.
The 2.4 carts kickS my %$#*!
If you need more then go for it!
Isn't the order 1.5 - 5.0?
Can I have whatever YOUR VAPING?

ataxian,
Top Bottom