Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

JoeKickass

You will not be disappointed guys this thing rips if you get it down to a science, but be careful with the hammer top.

Hey G I know you tried the Pax, and maybe the inhalator too, but how does the vapor quality compare?

Is the vapor hot and thin so you have to breathe a full lungful, or can you slow it down and get thick full hits in just a mouthful like the Pax?

That discount is great :tup:

but it's less than the replacement fee, how thick is the body portion? This picture makes it look pretty thick:
DSC_03021__20192_zoom.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
I will not discuss other vaporizers on this board but if you call me im at the office now and I will be glad to discuss it.

818-849-6133 ask for G im here till 6pm pst.

The thickness on the bottom portion is 1.85mm +/- .03mm

Hey G I know you tried the Pax, and maybe the inhalator too, but how does the vapor quality compare?

Is the vapor hot and thin so you have to breathe a full lungful, or can you slow it down and get thick full hits in just a mouthful like the Pax?

That discount is great :tup:

but it's less than the replacement fee, how thick is the body portion? This picture makes it look pretty thick:
DSC_03021__20192_zoom.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Vitolo
Off topic, but any ecig guys have a suggestion about D9s carts. SS tank/ce4 2.5ohm/quad coil. I want something medium thickness of vapor @3.7. I need to find some good juice and QUIT! My cart is ready to go w/bender/ss/ect, but want a good atty/carty/tanky to assist me. TIA

havealight101,

jmorales707

Will the hammer that comes with bender work on my titanium nail if I only have original persei top?

jmorales707,

kevin

I will not discuss other vaporizers on this board but if you call me im at the office now and I will be glad to discuss it.

818-849-6133 ask for G im here till 6pm pst.

The thickness on the bottom portion is 1.85mm +/- .03mm
Hey G
Just woundering why you are using IMO to be very thin glass? I know that I have seen my Persei far over or get knocked over a few times, at 1.85mm thats only going to happen once and I'm out another $100 bucks! Could you please maybe make it with at least 5mm glass 9mm would be best, then maybe it won't break when it falls over after a few hits and I set it down on something small on the table ( piece of herb) or reach for something and bump it and it falls over. Or maybe some kind of sleve to help protect the glass? I have mine ordered and can't wait to try it out:science: , but will be looking for a way to protect the glass. Just my two cents.
Kevin

kevin,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey G
Just woundering why you are using IMO to be very thin glass? I know that I have seen my Persei far over or get knocked over a few times, at 1.85mm thats only going to happen once and I'm out another $100 bucks! Could you please maybe make it with at least 5mm glass 9mm would be best, then maybe it won't break when it falls over after a few hits and I set it down on something small on the table ( piece of herb) or reach for something and bump it and it falls over. Or maybe some kind of sleve to help protect the glass? I have mine ordered and can't wait to try it out:science: , but will be looking for a way to protect the glass. Just my two cents.
Kevin

We cant make it thicker for number of reasons. I would like to say why but it needs to be done this way.

does the hercules need the hammer to function?

The Hercules is a cartridge by itself does not need the hammer to operate.

On a side note.

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

don74y3

We cant make it thicker for number of reasons. I would like to say why but it needs to be done this way.

The Hercules is a cartridge by itself does not need the hammer to operate.

On a side note.

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg
Hey MR G! With the "Bender" does this vape evenly? also will i have to stir it in between? in the picture approx how much toboacco is that? is .5 the min that could be loaded? And to me most important will there be a video soon?

don74y3,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Nice colours and reworking of the label location. More discrete (well not exactly "discrete" in those colours). Whats up with the purple cart saying "caution hot"? New carts?? Or just a "blank"?

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey MR G! With the "Bender" does this vape evenly? also will i have to stir it in between? in the picture approx how much toboacco is that? is .5 the min that could be loaded? And to me most important will there be a video soon?

I would say minimum would be .25 as this is designed to be loaded for the whole day type of thing. Vape and then cool it down and then vape again. It vapes evenly but you need to mix it every 2-3 hits. I use the shake method and it works.

Here is a video.

Nice colours and reworking of the label location. More discrete (well not exactly "discrete" in those colours). Whats up with the purple cart saying "caution hot"? New carts?? Or just a "blank"?

Just the Mcdonalds hot coffee pre caution you know. Someone did try to sue us over that because it didnt have that on the cartridge.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Hey G
Just woundering why you are using IMO to be very thin glass? I know that I have seen my Persei far over or get knocked over a few times, at 1.85mm thats only going to happen once and I'm out another $100 bucks! Could you please maybe make it with at least 5mm glass 9mm would be best, then maybe it won't break when it falls over after a few hits and I set it down on something small on the table ( piece of herb) or reach for something and bump it and it falls over. Or maybe some kind of sleve to help protect the glass? I have mine

Kevin,
Glass often doesn't work the way you want it to. For common US boro, a 1200 Hammer is heating at about 664C, which is well above the thermal stress point (which "just" has to be figured in). G is correct that there are many reasons, but for a simple one, anything as thick as you ask for would probably fracture very quickly from thermal stress. When I used glass, it was common to switch to more expensive quartz if you were going above 400C (something to avoid for many other reasons too). There is a lot to go though and many sources for information, but a good start might be to note the first warning (as well as the rest) at:
http://www.udel.edu/chem/GlassShop/PhysicalProperties.htm
Where something becomes "thick" isn't said (there), but 5 or 9mm would count. Also while a torch flame is hotter than a 664C Hammer, the temperature is above the stress point and hopefully the exterior is cool enough to also be greater than the thermal shock differential - So thicker glass would be more likely to fracture when cooling.

It might be nice to protect it somehow, but if the Holy Grail is "all glass path", this looks like it delivers.

-NDA

kevin

Kevin,
Glass often doesn't work the way you want it to. For common US boro, a 1200 Hammer is heating at about 664C, which is well above the thermal stress point (which "just" has to be figured in). G is correct that there are many reasons, but for a simple one, anything as thick as you ask for would probably fracture very quickly from thermal stress. When I used glass, it was common to switch to more expensive quartz if you were going above 400C (something to avoid for many other reasons too). There is a lot to go though and many sources for information, but a good start might be to note the first warning (as well as the rest) at:
http://www.udel.edu/chem/GlassShop/PhysicalProperties.htm
Where something becomes "thick" isn't said (there), but 5 or 9mm would count. Also while a torch flame is hotter than a 664C Hammer, the temperature is above the stress point and hopefully the exterior is cool enough to also be greater than the thermal shock differential - So thicker glass would be more likely to fracture when cooling.

It might be nice to protect it somehow, but if the Holy Grail is "all glass path", this looks like it delivers.

-NDA
Thanks for the info lots of good reading ,but is heat really the reason ? I saw in G's video that he could hold the bender in is hand after vaping to me this seems far from the temps needed to fracture the glass. Also if THC vapes at 380 degrees give or take why would you get the Bender that hot, plus your herb would be BURNING not vaping at this point. Thats why I like my 750 hammer it doesn't burn my oil like the 1500 will. Could it be the thicker glass absores to much heat and doesn't allow the herb to vape until it's to hot and burns the herb I don't know?
I'm sure if G says it won't work there are good reasons, just not sure heat is the reason?
Kevin

kevin,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks for the info lots of good reading ,but is heat really the reason ? I saw in G's video that he could hold the bender in is hand after vaping to me this seems far from the temps needed to fracture the glass. Also if THC vapes at 380 degrees give or take why would you get the Bender that hot, plus your herb would be BURNING not vaping at this point. Thats why I like my 750 hammer it doesn't burn my oil like the 1500 will. Could it be the thicker glass absores to much heat and doesn't allow the herb to vape until it's to hot and burns the herb I don't know?
I'm sure if G says it won't work there are good reasons, just not sure heat is the reason?
Kevin

Nick is a smart man, but there is other issues as well. I did not get into the design of this, i left it to the engineer on this one. All i did was provide him with a requirements, but i know why we wont do the thicker glass, many reasons.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

don74y3

I would say minimum would be .25 as this is designed to be loaded for the whole day type of thing. Vape and then cool it down and then vape again. It vapes evenly but you need to mix it every 2-3 hits. I use the shake method and it works.

Here is a video.

Just the Mcdonalds hot coffee pre caution you know. Someone did try to sue us over that because it didnt have that on the cartridge.

when do u fail? u deliver time after time..!! thanks for quick reply... clicked open tab going to get me one right now.. can i curse??? F*** P4x chamber up!!

don74y3,

kittyboy

I wonder how you control temp. I assume it is by turning on and off repeatedly to keep hammer from burning the product? I would like to jump in on this but I too worry about breaking glass etc. Also you say you fill with .5. How many draws do you get from that amount? I am very curious on taste being glass vs metal. In your opinion G which delivers best the glass bender or your metal cart not released yet? My budget only allows one which is a big bummer? Dumb question here. Does the Hammer head come with a persei top with on off or will it work on persei top that came with my unit?
Also has anything been posted on the lucky persei non serial numbers yet?

kittyboy,
Nick is a smart man...
"smart" just means I learn quickly.
"knowledgeable" means I've learn a lot about many things.
Unfortunately, with more "wisdom", I'd know when to keep quite more often :)

-NDA

P.S. Those colored Persei's are quite pretty. I wouldn't carry one in public, but I can already imagine them as gifts for some people I know.

Nick Again,
Reactions: OF
Top Bottom