Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

kevin

Hi Guys
I'm sure somebody has asked but I can't find it so I ask again.
The Ego - W
http://www.delta9vapes.com/products.php?product=Ego%2dW-for-3.7v
I assume is for e-juice? Has anybody loaded this with PG or one of the Co2 extracts that are very thin like they would with e-juice? It seems that it would work w/thin oils for keeping that low profile at sporting events,concerts etc. I could pass it off as a e-cigg and the change tops to PG and back.
Has anybody tried anything like this, any info would be helpful?
Thanks
K

kevin,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Anyone got input for 3v batt choices? And will they work, using for the evo attachment on persei. for now. so high discharge, presumably.

http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR163...LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_2626.html
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-LiFePO4-3-Volt-Lithium-Rechargeable-Battery_p_112.html
http://www.tenergy.com/RCR123A-3-0V-750mAh-LiFePO4-Rechargeable-Battery

saw a post on a forum explaining that the tenergy out-preformed the AW lifepo4. but how do they stack to the AW IMR 16340? will they even work on persei? dont need to lose the old brain bucket testing it. Again, for use with the standard voltage Evo 6v in cahoots with persei.

Porquiplane,

OF

I assume is for e-juice? Has anybody loaded this with PG or one of the Co2 extracts that are very thin like they would with e-juice?

I believe you're right. It's for e-juice. For sure someone has tried this, no doubt lots of hopeful someones. Thus far if they had success they're keeping it a secret.....which I think is highly unlikely, don't you?

AFAIK your best hope is to brew up some tincture and load that. The results will be 'sub wonderful', which is why G spent two years developing the Omicron. He posted all the 'secrets' to making this system feed hash oils (a measure of how good it is.....it's not costing him many sales IMO):
https://www.stickyguide.com/forums/196

My advice is save your money. Buy the Omicron carts and a nice V2.5 or Persei to run them? They're designed to feed hash oils, I'm sure they're as lousy with e-juice as the e-juice carts are with hash oil.

OF

OF,

kevin

I will always respect those that came 1st and the pioneers don't get me wrong over here Im pretty impressed to have someone gimme the time of day to figure out my problems and try and help I'm game for it it's all for a good cause I got 0 problems with the company itself I know it's difficult to run a business like they are and really having all eyes on them on what's next and what there doing to set standards and at the same time trying to keep all consumers satisfied, I'm just one in the few with the bad luck but Im all ears for the learning curve if I missed it and all ears to those that are willing to help, nothing's perfect we all know, I'm willing to work with what I got and continue to make strides to better my product and to also better there company because even with me alone and my problem it's not even a smear to what they've been up to I'm jus waiting for the time when my issues will hopefully be resolved

Hang in there buddy they will get you up and going, I also had my first two units DOA and yes I was Pissed! But D9 was more than helpful and so are the peps on this board, OF being very helpful with me.
It sounds like you MAY have done what I did, I thought I had it primed good but after a few hits I would get air around heater and cook the cart or the seal, so I started priming@3.7V not 7.4V, yes it takes longer some 10-15 hits sometimes, but I haven't cooked a cart again for that reason.
Good luck!
K

I believe you're right. It's for e-juice. For sure someone has tried this, no doubt lots of hopeful someones. Thus far if they had success they're keeping it a secret.....which I think is highly unlikely, don't you?

AFAIK your best hope is to brew up some tincture and load that. The results will be 'sub wonderful', which is why G spent two years developing the Omicron. He posted all the 'secrets' to making this system feed hash oils (a measure of how good it is.....it's not costing him many sales IMO):
https://www.stickyguide.com/forums/196

My advice is save your money. Buy the Omicron carts and a nice V2.5 or Persei to run them? They're designed to feed hash oils, I'm sure they're as lousy with e-juice as the e-juice carts are with hash oil.

OF
HeyOF
I have both the Persei and Omicrion, just that the looks of those carts are getting to be know now so I was looking for another way to use my Persei and not look like I'm burning oil just another e-cigg.
Thanks
K

OF

It sounds like you MAY have done what I did, I thought I had it primed good but after a few hits I would get air around heater and cook the cart or the seal, so I started priming@3.7V not 7.4V, yes it takes longer some 10-15 hits sometimes, but I haven't cooked a cart again for that reason.

Yup, Kevin, that's my guess as well. He introduced an airlock (or 'air bubble' if you will) in loading. What with the hard extract that's easy to do and the cart has more trouble dealing with it. Once you get a solid 'plug' of hard concentrate above the feed heater with a gap between noting is going to make it to that heater to get fed. Pushing it will cause the seals to give up since there's no relief from the heat and then what little concentrate makes it down leaks out. As you know once the leaks start it can be very hard if not impossible to stop them in this case.

OTOH, salvage of the concentrate should be easier.

The key is to start with a good load. With thin oils you can sometimes work around it, but with the hard stuff you're up against it. Still, it can be done......if you are willing to work with it.

HeyOF
I have both the Persei and Omicrion, just that the looks of those carts are getting to be know now so I was looking for another way to use my Persei and not look like I'm burning oil just another e-cigg.
Thanks
K

Cool. So why not brew up some tincture and load a few e-cig carts? And load a few with flavored e-juice at the same time? Maybe even add a little mint or something to 'the real ones'?

OF

OF,
Thanks guys but what if the vapor was coming out of the bottom of he cart while I was trying to pull?? And I know I must have did this wrong but I was trying to salvage the oils and thought I could do it with 2 lighters an try and melt it out and it jus seemed to heat the cart and nothing came out l, guessing ima need a torch lighter or something strong??
You really dont like periods.
lol I tend to speed things up a little too much when I'm medicated lmao I try to get everything out b4 I forget

AustinB509,

OF

Thanks guys but what if the vapor was coming out of the bottom of he cart while I was trying to pull?? And I know I must have did this wrong but I was trying to salvage the oils and thought I could do it with 2 lighters an try and melt it out and it jus seemed to heat the cart and nothing came out l, guessing ima need a torch lighter or something strong??

That makes sense. I bet at the time the flue was plugged and you couldn't draw on it? So the vapor built up pressure and pumped the liquid out past the seals. You can do the same thing by leaving the white doughnut on.....say, you didn't do that did you? Try to vape with the storage seal in place?

To salvage it you have to somehow hold the cart open end down (a champ or piece of wire) while you heat the tube from the center toward the screw end, being sure to keep the entire tube fairly warm so the concentrate doesn't freeze to the walls. I use a torch lighter as it's much easier to control (at least for me). You need to heat all the way around the tube, it's stainless steel so it won't conduct heat very well at all.

OF

OF,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Anyone got input for 3v batt choices? And will they work, using for the evo attachment on persei. for now. so high discharge, presumably.

http://www.lighthound.com/AW-IMR163...LiMN-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battery_p_2626.html
http://www.lighthound.com/AW-LiFePO4-3-Volt-Lithium-Rechargeable-Battery_p_112.html
http://www.tenergy.com/RCR123A-3-0V-750mAh-LiFePO4-Rechargeable-Battery

saw a post on a forum explaining that the tenergy out-preformed the AW lifepo4. but how do they stack to the AW IMR 16340? will they even work on persei? dont need to lose the old brain bucket testing it. Again, for use with the standard voltage Evo 6v in cahoots with persei.

Anyone on it? Lifepo4 vs 16340. Aw imr vs aw vs tenergy.

Porquiplane,

OF

Lmao no, that cap was no where near my cartridge when I was getting it in.

Glad to hear you're amused. You also seem less on edge and using sentences shorter than the Gettysburg Address, which is a good thing IMO.

I wasn't asking about 'getting it in' (would be hard to load with the cap on for sure) but rather when you were trying to use it. Let me ask another way, have you ever used the doughnut seal for anything?

Are you able to reclaim your concentrate? Do you have a fresh 2.4 Ohm cart to try loading?

OF

jpdnkstr

I have to chime in and say that I was very disappointed with my Omi v1 purchase...AT FIRST.... then I started reading these forums and Voila! I was only getting very wispy vapor and thought that this was just how a pen vape was. I am sooo glad I was wrong! My initial issue was what I like to call "side walling", when the oil sticks on the walls of the cart, not feeding to the heater properly, once I solved this issue by lightly heating the cart with a torch (still holding the threadead bottom bare-handed, so it doesn't get too hot) until the oil fed properly. Now I'm in love, I own 2 v1 Omi's 1 v2.0 Omi w HVD and spare 2.5 tops, 1 pink v2.5 in the mail for my wife, Persei(my favorite beast!), and lots more to come once I can afford Iris, Hammer 1200, Universe, Herc Carts, SS upgrade, the list goes on and on.

Oh yeah, did I mention the excellent customer service too!

EDIT: I agree w/Of about the 2.4Ohm carts, get some, master them, then try the others, if I didn't start w Omi, I probably would have thrown my baby(Persei) away before I learned to love her!( I am still a little leary of 5 Ohm carts, I ruined a few at first w too long of button presses) You can literally pulse the button at 7.4v w 5ohm carts and get "HUGE" clouds!, but proper technique will bring you the same results with any Ohm cart! IMHO

Glad to hear you're amused. You also seem less on edge and using sentences shorter than the Gettysburg Address, which is a good thing IMO.

I wasn't asking about 'getting it in' (would be hard to load with the cap on for sure) but rather when you were trying to use it. Let me ask another way, have you ever used the doughnut seal for anything?

Are you able to reclaim your concentrate? Do you have a fresh 2.4 Ohm cart to try loading?

OF
I'm sorry OF I should clear it up some, I meant "gettin it in" like as me using it, using the persei but with no white cap in or near my persei when it was originally working

AustinB509,
Reactions: OF

OF

I'm sorry OF I should clear it up some, I meant "gettin it in" like as me using it, using the persei but with no white cap in or near my persei when it was originally working

OK, slang, got it. Maybe. Thanks. Sorry for the confusion. I was using this funny language we pinched off the Brits in a different way.......

Now, back on track? Can you salvage the concentrate and do you have a fresh 2.4 Ohm cart?

Perhaps a bigger issue is 'do you want to try to sort it out?'? If not, this all becomes academic.......

OF

OF,
That will hopefully be my next step after work today would be to salvage what's left and sadly, or call me unprepared but I'm gonna have to order that 2.4 cart. Any other suggestions at this point??

AustinB509,

OF

That will hopefully be my next step after work today would be to salvage what's left and sadly, or call me unprepared but I'm gonna have to order that 2.4 cart. Any other suggestions at this point??

Cool. I'm thinking at least two carts might be a good call. Loading shatter is not easy, we could goof it up and have to try 'melting it down' after the fact which is dangerous to the seals (meaning we could have an accident). A back up cart would provide some protection? I assume you have the loading tool and a suitable lighter (I like the little torches, but a 'candle flame' one like a Bic can work).

We'll need something to hold the cart to heat it when we reclaim, but a bit of wire or a clamp will do fine for that, and something to drain it into of course, but a dinner plate will work (we can scrape it up and back into the loading tool again.

Enjoy work, I remember that stuff, it wasn't always a lot of fun......

Regards.

OF

OF,

Sir vapes a lot

Making smokers jealous
For those with a Cloud you can roll up a tissue and wrap it around the tip of an omicron and use the hydratube. thus negating the need to turn the device upside-down to use a water piece. works fantastic as well

Sir vapes a lot,

kuz

That makes some sense. Very hard to get to work right, unfortunate first choice, but we can make it work I think. Have you recovered it?

OF
I never have vaped shatter glass, but I can imagine that could be really frustrating. The oil I use is really thick but doesnt take much heat at all to thin it out.

Did Austinb509 mention what ohm cart? 2.4 ohm carts are my only option right now, and the reason why the persei sits unused, its not worth the trouble. After the vape has sat for awhile the first hit or two are good, then it takes a bunch of empty hits to get it going again. Then it still takes some skill to get vapor. Several times I've given the Persei with the 2.4 ohm cart to someone, watch them struggle, they give it to me and I get a decent cloud, give it back and watch them struggle and never get a hit. Its even more fun with the 4 ohm 7.4 volt combo, they get frustrated with no vapor, they try harder and eventually figure it out with a monster lung busting cloud.

kuz,

DubCRider

The leaky-bottom and wispy hits are mainly caused by not drawing hard enough. Unfortunately the Persei doesn't shoot vapor in your mouth like the Vape from Cheech and Chong. You should hear air "hiss" through the cart.

DubCRider,

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
For those with a Cloud you can roll up a tissue and wrap it around the tip of an omicron and use the hydratube. thus negating the need to turn the device upside-down to use a water piece. works fantastic as well
the teflon glass adapter from Tv would work well for this purpose, there's actually a bad ass video of someone using it with the hydra tube on the cloud and thermovape rev thread. Bet that woudl work great with a persei, instant, ya know?

kushcabbage,

OF

The leaky-bottom and wispy hits are mainly caused by not drawing hard enough. Unfortunately the Persei doesn't shoot vapor in your mouth like the Vape from Cheech and Chong. You should hear air "hiss" through the cart.

This is very true, at higher power levels. If vapor is being produced faster than you can suck it out, it's going to cause problems for sure.

When in doubt a harder draw is always worth a try.

OTOH, 'draw slow' is the traditional advice for the original 'low power' carts to get 'thicker clouds'. This is one of the big reasons for advising learning with 2.4 Ohm carts on 3.7 Volts. Unfortunately, most guys either never try that or blow right past it in eternal quest of the 'cloud so thick it would kill a lesser man'. Same as you learned to drive at low speed in an empty parking lot before braving the street (let alone freeway), I advise mastering the standard carts before moving on. Then, hopefully, like driving, some will become automatic and it'll be much harder for it to get away from you.

OF

Cool. I'm thinking at least two carts might be a good call. Loading shatter is not easy, we could goof it up and have to try 'melting it down' after the fact which is dangerous to the seals (meaning we could have an accident). A back up cart would provide some protection? I assume you have the loading tool and a suitable lighter (I like the little torches, but a 'candle flame' one like a Bic can work).

We'll need something to hold the cart to heat it when we reclaim, but a bit of wire or a clamp will do fine for that, and something to drain it into of course, but a dinner plate will work (we can scrape it up and back into the loading tool again.

Enjoy work, I remember that stuff, it wasn't always a lot of fun......

Regards.

OF
Well I guess it seems like my fault then because due to the fact I'm a few hours away from a Dispensary in my state I don't get to make rounds to them and have time to play around with and get it right, unfortunately I learned the hard Way making the decision to pick up 2 grams of this shatter, and not trying to add Blaim to my bud tender bud I do recall him saying "this is what you want in your persei" sure enough I felt reassured and went along, and I guess them only carrying this doesn't help as well but I do accept some of the Blaim on this and I'm glad there's a good support system here to teach when needed and like I said I ended up filling my 1.5ohm cart to .5 to the point of error and refilled another.5 and then repeated the steps for the 5.0ohm on the 7.4 and with both carts failing due to clogs and or leaks due to the concentrate I used, still in the process of recovery and next move would be to put in a 2.4 ohm cart but I guess my concern would be is this gonna happen again on my 2.4ohm cause of what I'm using??

I never have vaped shatter glass, but I can imagine that could be really frustrating. The oil I use is really thick but doesnt take much heat at all to thin it out.

Did Austinb509 mention what ohm cart? 2.4 ohm carts are my only option right now, and the reason why the persei sits unused, its not worth the trouble. After the vape has sat for awhile the first hit or two are good, then it takes a bunch of empty hits to get it going again. Then it still takes some skill to get vapor. Several times I've given the Persei with the 2.4 ohm cart to someone, watch them struggle, they give it to me and I get a decent cloud, give it back and watch them struggle and never get a hit. Its even more fun with the 4 ohm 7.4 volt combo, they get frustrated with no vapor, they try harder and eventually figure it out with a monster lung busting cloud.
Can relate to this story quite a bit lol, this same thing happened with my brother not getting anything at all time after time and I would show him how it's done each time but he didn't pick up on It and I recall back to the 1st time I used the V1 from a friend I was the same way till I got the trick but when that happened wit my bro it was lunch and later the day when I he home I attempt to use it and that's when he'll brakes loose after a long ass day I my problems began yesterday

AustinB509,

OF

Well I guess it seems like my fault then because....

.......still in the process of recovery and next move would be to put in a 2.4 ohm cart but I guess my concern would be is this gonna happen again on my 2.4ohm cause of what I'm using??

First off, you're not to blame for taking your best shot with all the information you have to work with.

Secondly, don't even get me started on lame advice from Budtenders at top end Dispensaries.....I lost two carts to $50 grams of 'almost melts' that were just the ticket for me....they swore.

It's likely when we load it we'll have some problems (we'll take it one step at a time to try to control this) but there's some bucks in that concentrate I'm sure you don't want to abandon it. I think we can do this, it generally works out that way if the guy on your end keeps at it. Guys with less going for them than you have figured this out and are using it right now with genuine smiles on their faces. And the skills we work out loading it will let you fly though loading oils and waxes (we'll want to talk a bit about what you want to look for there, but that too is a topic for another day).

OF

OF,
Top Bottom