Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
bob if you are going to post that please post our response as well. That would help people understand better who we are.

was already on it. the message wouldn't take anymore room!
i feel ya tho, people should know how you respond to such things.

Ok let me know what needs to be replaced and soon as I get the durable tops then I'll replace your whole system out.

with honesty and class :tup:

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
But you still didnt answer my questions, where the batteries protected?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i did respond to what type of batteries in our conversation a moment ago.
they were th li-ion i, believe. the ultrafire greens i got from you.

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
i did actually post that if you look at the bottom of the last page on my last post.
i did respond to what type of batteries in our conversation a moment ago.
they were th li-ion i, believe. the ultrafire greens i got from you.
sorry i couldn't get all of that in one message.

bob you keep being right, i might have to hire you to be my boss, haha. I know bro when i posted it i didnt see the last post a page back.

On a side note, protected batteries in water = bad.

that is why we use imr's in our testing.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
bob you keep being right, i might have to hire you to be my boss, haha. I know bro when i posted it i didnt see the last post a page back.

On a side note, protected batteries in water = bad.

that is why we use imr's in our testing.

Haha, no sweat. being an exact bastard has it's advantages, but it doesn't make me easy to work/live with.

I also must say that as the stabbing experiment was to test the strength of the new port/thread system, not necessarily the entire device. as i said, if i had done it with no batteries and used the right battery/switched batts after dunking, we would still be running like clockwork. or maybe if my stabbing motion hadn't been straight down. after rewatiching the vid you can hear the batts slamming into the post. am actually surprised as hell that it continued to work for a few hours. the batts actually charged and worked, i'm just not risking THAT.

Also a thanks to G for getting my back w/ the gear i wanted.
Fully worth the risk to the gear (maybe not to self, but i always say, don't live in fear, just grab the devil by the coattails. you should see me snowboard ;))

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Haha, no sweat. being an exact bastard has it's advantages, but it doesn't make me easy to work/live with.

I also must say that as the stabbing experiment was to test the strength of the new port/thread system, not necessarily the entire device. as i said, if i had done it with no batteries and used the right battery/switched batts after dunking, we would still be running like clockwork. or maybe if my stabbing motion hadn't been straight down. after rewatiching the vid you can hear the batts slamming into the post. am actually surprised as hell that it continued to work for a few hours. the batts actually charged and worked, i'm just not risking THAT.

Also a thanks to G for getting my back w/ the gear i wanted.
Fully worth the risk to the gear (maybe not to self, but i always say, don't live in fear and grab the devil by the coattails. you should see me snowboard ;))

Well ya but when you apply the force used in the test, and then do some eager guesstemating your 25 stabs equaled to about 300 drops, remember you applied not only speed but pressure far more then that little unit would have produced if it was free falling on its own and straight onto the cart, I hope that sounded right OF please forgive me.

The Water test showed that the tops will work after a dunk, i think it was the batteries and the repeated stabs with some force that killed the inside pin. I doubt anyone is going to drop it 100 times from a 3 story building to even warrant a threat to the unit or a change in design, but since its already out there, maybe Persei v2.0 heads will get this upgrade if we figure out how.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Well ya but when you apply the force used in the test, and then do some eager guesstemating your 25 stabs equaled to about 300 drops, remember you applied not only speed but pressure far more then that little unit would have produced if it was free falling on its own and straight onto the cart, I hope that sounded right OF please forgive me.
/quote]
severely! i tried to warn ya when i asked if ya wanted it OJ style or Lizzie Borden?
i gave it the fully Lizzie fo sho!
The Water test showed that the tops will work after a dunk, i think it was the batteries and the repeated stabs with some force that killed the inside pin. I doubt anyone is going to drop it 100 times from a 3 story building to even warrant a threat to the unit or a change in design, but since its already out there, maybe Persei v2.0 heads will get this upgrade if we figure out how.
fully agree it's the post. as i said, it still lights up when you shake it so i believe the electronices inside are still functioning. i truly didn't expect it, or anything, to live up to that pounding.

Bob Loblaw,

OF

I actually think it more extreme than that. In a drop the battery his held against the pin all the way down. In this test, the battery can compress the spring on the backswing's end (impacting back on the pin an instant later) and again on the downstroke giving it a 'running start' to hammer itself in. I think this test is unrealistically tougher than it first seems. I bet, for instance, if you tighten the plate up so the battery can't shift you'll get better results.

I bet if you stabbed a phone book you'd cut way more pages than you would dropping the Persei from a realistic height???

No matter how you slice it, do something like that to your vape and you should expect it to die IMO.

OF

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
death by spring, lol. that sounds ironic.

I actually think it more extreme than that. In a drop the battery his held against the pin all the way down. In this test, the battery can compress the spring on the backswing's end (impacting back on the pin an instant later) and again on the downstroke giving it a 'running start' to hammer itself in. I think this test is unrealistically tougher than it first seems. I bet, for instance, if you tighten the plate up so the battery can't shift you'll get better results.

I bet if you stabbed a phone book you'd cut way more pages than you would dropping the Persei from a realistic height???

No matter how you slice it, do something like that to your vape and you should expect it to die IMO.

OF
fully concur OF

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

OF

I would contest that. here is how.

Bob im sending you two imr sets, and two hvd tops.

One top is for your replacement, the other is for testing. Lets do this test right.

Drop in water, take batteries out, and use new batteries after you dry it for 2 minutes, wipe off bottom contact and top screw contact. then use it with dry batteries.

Then take the wet batteries stick them back in and tighten it to your specs, stab lizzy style 25 times.

Take batteries out, insert dry batteries. Make sure you wipe the contact inside again to make sure no water is there.

Then use. Lets see if we can replicate the first results.

Then after this test if the head survives for a day, take that same test head. Redo your first test. with imr batteries inside. This time just whipe off the contacts and the battery with a dry towel.

Ok this is two tests and $50 credit to your account up for it?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

death by spring, lol. that sounds ironic.

fully concur OF

Yeah, not the first time being compliant gets you into trouble now is it?

I'm good with that. Doesn't change my mind, though. If you beat the ka ka out of your Persei, try to drown it, then use it for an ice pick on a brick over and over I say you've got a right to expect it to hurt it. Just because you're working hard to keep that from happening in this case doesn't mean I think it's realistic for folks to expect a vape to work as a hammer, crowbar or ice pick. That's all.

Test on, it's fun to watch. Makes me wish I had the armored version....in case I'm attacked for instance....

OF

OF,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut

Bob im sending you two imr sets, and two hvd tops.

One top is for your replacement, the other is for testing. Lets do this test right.

Drop in water, take batteries out, and use new batteries after you dry it for 2 minutes, wipe off bottom contact and top screw contact. then use it with dry batteries.

Then take the wet batteries stick them back in and tighten it to your specs, stab lizzy style 25 times.

Take batteries out, insert dry batteries. Make sure you wipe the contact inside again to make sure no water is there.

Then use. Lets see if we can replicate the first results.

Then after this test if the head survives for a day, take that same test head. Redo your first test. with imr batteries inside. This time just whipe off the contacts and the battery with a dry towel.

Ok this is two tests and $50 credit to your account up for it?

i am all over it, like resin on my hands on harvest day.
sounds perfect! love putting these guys thru their paces.

So let me get this straight
1. Drop in water.
2. Put wet imr batts aside, dry whole unit.
3. Put new imr batts in and test.

4. Take dry batts out and replace w/ wet imr batts.
5. Stab Lizzy style 25 times.
6. Replace dry batts (and clean contacts) and test.

7. After doing steps 1-6, if top is still working, recreate the same thing I did originally
only difference is i'm using imr 3.7 and not the ultra fire 3.0. basically different batts, but still wet

is this correct?

i do feel safer doing this with the AW IMR, cuz i know they are a lot safer and better made. if the ultrafire's can stand up to that punishment without cracking then i'm sure the imr's will hold out.

Bob Loblaw,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
i am all over it, like resin on my hands on harvest day.
sounds perfect! love putting these guys thru their paces.

So let me get this straight
1. Drop in water.
2. Put wet imr batts aside, dry whole unit.
3. Put new imr batts in and test.

4. Take dry batts out and replace w/ wet imr batts.
5. Stab Lizzy style 25 times.
6. Replace dry batts (and clean contacts) and test.

7. After doing steps 1-6, if top is still working, recreate the same thing I did originally
only difference is i'm using imr 3.7 and not the ultra fire 3.0. basically different batts, but still wet

is this correct?

i do feel safer doing this with the AW IMR, cuz i know they are a lot safer and better made. if the ultrafire's can stand up to that punishment without cracking then i'm sure the imr's will hold out.

Yup you got it down boss. Only thing we ask is wipe the batteries with a paper towel and also the contacts. On the batteries and the head, inside and out.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

Did you ever make some changes or experience some variation in the sockets of the Persei's?

I ask because the TV universal adapter rounded off/stripped the edges of the threads in my Persei single top (the 2nd generation I think, it was number 400 something) but did not damage the threads on either socket on my double top (original without numbers) maybe the single top was just a fluke with weak threads?

Omicron carts still work fine but I can insert and remove the tv adapter straight in and out on my single top.

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Did you ever make some changes or experience some variation in the sockets of the Persei's?

I ask because the TV universal adapter rounded off/stripped the edges of the threads in my Persei single top (the 2nd generation I think, it was number 400 something) but did not damage the threads on either socket on my double top (original without numbers) maybe the single top was just a fluke with weak threads?

Omicron carts still work fine but I can insert and remove the tv adapter straight in and out on my single top.

Might be a defect on their side boss, if our product works.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

Might be a defect on their side boss, if our product works.

Certainly possible, the adapter threads could have been just a bit too small in diameter so the edges were weak.

It did snug up in the double top socket, but maybe it was just barely touching the edges and would have stripped in time.:shrug:

I have your adapter on order from PV so I'll do a visual comparison when it arrives...

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Certainly possible, the adapter threads could have been just a bit too small in diameter so the edges were weak.

It did snug up in the double top socket, but maybe it was just barely touching the edges and would have stripped in time.:shrug:

I have your adapter on order from PV so I'll do a visual comparison when it arrives...

Let us know boss.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Krazy

Think I figured out where my Persei problem is.

Pre-oxidizing my remaining/unused cart and doing so in the dark to be able to see the heating element when I noticed a curious thing. The blue light doesn't stay on. It flashes briefly and then goes out. Sometimes it comes back on when held down, sometimes not. Removing the cart and the blue light stays on when pushing the button.

During normal usage I had simply been seeing the blue flash at the start of pushing the button and thought it went away because my thumb was covering it as I pushed it all the way down. Also the only thing I had found that got it to work sometimes was to loosen/tighten the cart. Now that I know what to watch for I can see the light go on/off as I tighten/loosen the cart.

With intermittent power to the carts I expect that I have been alternating between not heating the oil at all and overheating it to the point that it boils up. It also explains why, even when I got it to work, it only worked on and off.

OF

With intermittent power to the carts I expect that I have been alternating between not heating the oil at all and overheating it to the point that it boils up. It also explains why, even when I got it to work, it only worked on and off.

Makes perfect sense to me. When you're out of electricity you're out of hot.

I actually find solutions like this to be quite positive. The Brother will likely never get fooled this way again, he's up and running with no hardware failures to deal with and what could have been a nasty free roaming random ghost problem is forever banished.

Not a bad morning's work, IMO. Cool. And the means of celebration are immediately at hand.....

OF

OF,

Krazy

he's up and running with no hardware failures to deal with
Unfortunately not. While I know know why it doesn't work; it doesn't work.

Tried the double top, the unused cart, and freshly charged batteries. Up to 3/4 of the way screwed in and the blue light stays lit (cart intermittently heats), any further than that and the light goes out. With the single top it has progressed to the point that even screwing it in 1/2 way causes the light to go out (and the cart doesn't heat.)

The cart with oil in it only takes 1.5 hours after being cleaned before oil is leaking back out the bottom. In 2 hours the entire bottom is coated. The oil is thick enough that, if I tilt the teeny jar it comes in on its side, it takes 2 hours for it to go the 1/2" to the cap.

Can't even say that I got a lemon-Persei. It is a whole box of lemons.

EDIT: added comments in ( ) above.

Krazy,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Unfortunately not. While I know know why it doesn't work; it doesn't work.

Tried the double top, the unused cart, and freshly charged batteries. Up to 3/4 of the way screwed in and the blue light stays lit (cart intermittently heats), any further than that and the light goes out. With the single top it has progressed to the point that even screwing it in 1/2 way causes the light to go out (and the cart doesn't heat.)

The cart with oil in it only takes 1.5 hours after being cleaned before oil is leaking back out the bottom. In 2 hours the entire bottom is coated. The oil is thick enough that, if I tilt the teeny jar it comes in on its side, it takes 2 hours for it to go the 1/2" to the cap.

Can't even say that I got a lemon-Persei. It is a whole box of lemons.

EDIT: added comments in ( ) above.

Please contact us boss, we will handle it.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
on a side note for shits and giggles we started our nail fabrication side.

here is the first sample we did yesterday.

100_2474.jpg

OF

Please contact us boss, we will handle it.

Boy, I've got to agree with this completely. I'd understood that there was a well characterized problem that came and went with screwing the cart in and out?

That one sounds easy and logically should go to the guy that made both the cart and what it screws into? I'd 'open the ticket'. I'm betting they want the top back and will send you a cart to two to swap out. I think you've tied down a potentially nasty intermittent problem. Time for the pros to set it right.

FWIW I had my Persei top go out as well. It was randomly causing problems but suddenly went to 'light on full time' when the battery was installed. Less than a week later (from opening the ticket through return to signing for the replacement) I'm back on the air and in fact enjoying some nice high CBD oil in it right now.

OF

Top Bottom