Discontinued The Okin by D.M. Pipes

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
These both look stunning @delloy and @VegNVape .
I love this thread, and the log threads, and Snappo's wood thread.
I especially love that the Okin is so simple and small.

I hope you produce a desktop/watertool device too @Dan Morrison , lots of scope for originality there I think ( and no cable :D ).
I notice that heavily figured wood with plenty of inclusions/voids doesn't appear much in the vape scene.
The box-mod crowd are able to exploit stabilized wood, which I believe makes it easier to turn/machine, and stronger, but........plastic?
I reckon the holes and 'flaws' in a nice piece of burr wood are the best features!

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Quiet thread as of late. Thought I would chime in. Been working hard on this batch of 20 Okins. On schedule to get them done March 12th.

Haven't taken any photos recently..because it's all pretty much the same stuff now. But I'll definitely get some shots of the new batch when it's complete. Some neat new colours!

@Copacetic , I've been pondering a desktop vape for a long time now.. Still not 100% on it. But perhaps one day I'll come out with something.

Last edited:

Madcap79

Jack of all trades, master of none.
30rqhlc.jpg

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@Vakas PM me your email and I will add you!

This batch of Okins are almost complete, just painting and stamping boxes this afternoon, then I'll get some photos up! I'll be packing and shipping this week, so everyone from number 20-40 should expect an email in the next few days.

.....except for @Snappo 's Okin.. which will take a couple extra days because of the custom bamboo stem.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
@Vakas PM me your email and I will add you!

This batch of Okins are almost complete, just painting and stamping boxes this afternoon, then I'll get some photos up! I'll be packing and shipping this week, so everyone from number 20-40 should expect an email in the next few days.

.....except for @Snappo 's Okin.. which will take a couple extra days because of the custom bamboo stem.
:rockon::tup::clap::nod::):bowdown:

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky
Oh man! Can't wait. The correct way to place an order after PM'ing @Dan Morrison your email address is to wait for correspondence about orders being taken again right?
Yep. If I understand correctly, Dan will send an email announcing the pre-order list is open and then you reply with your order details. Dan will then reply with your place in line.

I can't wait! :clap:

:peace:

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Oh man! Can't wait. The correct way to place an order after PM'ing @Dan Morrison your email address is to wait for correspondence about orders being taken again right?

That's right!

I send out a heads-up email with all of the order information along with a date and exact time that I will send out another email. Those who respond to the second email will be placed in line according to how fast they can reply back to me.

This seems like the most fair way I could come up with, but if any tech-savvy people have any other ideas I'm open!

Twinky

First time poster long time lurker.... be gentle!

Epic package in the mail today. My Okin arrived!!!! Okin 21... Will be calling it BlackJack.

bjeBB3J.jpg

Plus Dan's original picture:

oJRvnHY.jpg

It's as beautiful as people have mentioned it is. Such an awesome piece of craftsmanship. Much smaller than I was expecting as well.

Thanks again Dan for all your hard work.... I look forward to following your next project (whatever it may be).

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
First time poster long time lurker.... be gentle!

Epic package in the mail today. My Okin arrived!!!! Okin 21... Will be calling it BlackJack.

bjeBB3J.jpg

Plus Dan's original picture:

oJRvnHY.jpg

It's as beautiful as people have mentioned it is. Such an awesome piece of craftsmanship. Much smaller than I was expecting as well.

Thanks again Dan for all your hard work.... I look forward to following your next project (whatever it may be).
You've got a classic for the ages!!!

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Huh? What? Oh sorry. I've been caught in an utter daze! :whoa: Still only allowing myself to gaze upon the intricacies & stunning craftsmanship of my unique and beloved Okin . . . although we have been discussing taking things to the next level . . . . . I just don't know if I can actually bring myself to defile such virginal beauty!

But I figure it would probably be a very sad Okin - one that never gets the chance to serve the purpose for which it was originally created & intended . . . . .

Never fear! My Okin will be a happy, wholly fulfilled Okin.

I will see to that.

Now, I just need to take inventory of all 500 of my charcoals to make sure that Mr.Morrison there didn't pull a fast one & try to swindle me out of a few lumps of carbon! It wouldn't surprise me, he seems like just the 'sort' to me! The cheeky devil! :cool:

:lol:

MuchLoveY'all.
:peace:

Top Bottom