The Official FC Pets & Animals thread

grokit

well-worn member
Say cheese!

8iVy7t6.jpg

:D

Reflections

BLT

In what seems like a Disney movie come to life, a lion, a tiger and a bear have all become best friends at an animal sanctuary in Georgia.

Baloo the brown bear, Leo the lion and Shere Khan the tiger, known collectively as BLT, have formed an unlikely friendship across the animal kingdom at the 250-acre Noah's Ark Animal Sanctuary in Locust Grove, Ga.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
Grokit - What kind of graphical vampire makes up your picture posts here? They are causing my laptop to stutter step the load like nothing I have ever seen before. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have a cure? I really enjoy Grokit's posts and this particular thread....But each time I encounter one of these posts my graphic card starts drooling and cursing until it resolves the entire pic which is turning my DTR (desk top replacement) into a space heater. I think Reflections may be using a similar pic approach in the last post. Help?

His_Highness,
Reactions: Enchantre

Enchantre

Oil Painter
Grokit - What kind of graphical vampire makes up your picture posts here? They are causing my laptop to stutter step the load like nothing I have ever seen before. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have a cure? I really enjoy Grokit's posts and this particular thread....But each time I encounter one of these posts my graphic card starts drooling and cursing until it resolves the entire pic which is turning my DTR (desk top replacement) into a space heater. I think Reflections may be using a similar pic approach in the last post. Help?
Grokit's photo is a huge one... his host site isn't resizing it for display. It loads just a tad slower on mine than most photos.

herbivore21

I got my 5yr old a puppy!

here is my 5 yr old 'Arnold'

2hdo9ye.jpg

20svtzc.jpg

and here is the new puppy I got him 3 weeks ago, Bodhi.

14mths 100lb's of crazy love.

1128ytf.jpg

30vkc41.jpg

OMG I have my work cut out for me. he is a big rambunctious boy.

off to the trainers for a session next week hopefully.

I love my rotties and will never own another type of dog.
and I only take those who need a home and I dont care how damaged or troubled the dog is.

I can rebuild them.

I was told to put arnold down 3 yrs ago when we got him.
If we hadnt of taken him in the 1st place thats what awaited him if we refused to take him.
Not doing so was the most rewarding experience of my life.
He looks at me & tells me I am his life.
His heart beats for me.

and with time, so will Bodhi's.
You're right brother, we should not put down animals which are quick to startle and lash out - this can often be a response to previous trauma (just like when humans are the same!).

I haven't got anywhere to keep pets myself but a close friend of mine has a number of rescue dogs (also breeds which are often kept for illegal dog fighting) and has had similar success. It is such a shame that we still have authorities saying to kill these animals, especially if someone is prepared to put in the work!

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Since this is the kind of stuff I do for a living I was hoping someone else had already run into this and had an answer. Kinda like being a proctologist and thinking 'Geez...I've worked with enough asses during the week. The last thing I want to do on my own time is work one more' :haw:

The issue was my Chrome browser. Works fine in IE. Simple fix in Chrome Plug Ins...download the latest Adobe Flash Player and then disabled the PPAPI version and enable the newly installed NPAPI version. The GIFS load slow but at least the page will load now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom