• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Official FC Pets & Animals thread

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
This thread (inspired by a post by Stonemonkey55 and VapeNStone in the Cloud thread) is going to be for posting pictures of and discussing, the pets and animals of FC members! I'll start things off, with a few pictures of Raymond, one of my cats.

If this thread, or a similar one already exists, I didn't find it! haha so please let me know, and this post can be moved there...

CheeseSandwich

This is Izzy and his favorite thing in life is beer can condensation.
2013-07-12165243.jpg
[/IMG]

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
My cat Raymond cannot live with me currently, so I've had a friend adopt him as of a month ago or so. He's much happier now that he has someone to play with, and can go outside. I knew when I thought of giving him to this friend, that the two cats would get along quite well, but I had no clue that they would be twins in their actions (aside from color, they're markings are actually close too).

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Many of you know that I'm a sea turtle person. This is one of my favourite ever photos. It started as a time exposure of the turtles crawling ashore after sunset at Ho'okipa Park on Maui. A friend who didn't realize I was taking a long exposure stepped in and took a flash picture. I thought that would ruin the shot, but instead it turned out to be the best of the lot.

296534_10150348485473760_347168_n.jpg
This one is also a great story. This is a hatchling from a nest that no one knew was there until I stumbled across a dead hatchling lying on the surface. When a sea turtle nest hatches out, the hatchlings emerge as part of a group effort. There are often some stragglers trapped at the bottom because they don't have the assistance of the rest of the nestmates or perhaps there is an obstacle (in this case a root). Since we now knew a nest was there, the State biologist and the US Fish & Wildlife Service agent excavated and found several trapped hatchlings. The procedure in cases like this is to release the hatchlings at sunset so that they can make their way to the ocean, and that's where this little gal/guy was headed when I snapped the picture.

313852_10150348505483760_1778077_n.jpg
Finally, since this will probably be more of a pets thread, here's a picture of my Feline Overlord, Lucky:

EpoGBJe.jpg
He's a rescue cat who was living in my father-in-law's back yard for several years. All we know about his background is that he's mostly Maine Coon and really difficult to photograph, since he seems to hate cameras. That's why he's sticking his tongue out. My sister-in-law is looking after him until we get back from Maui and I miss him a whole bunch.

Enchantre

Oil Painter
You are good people. :)

I am owned by two cats. One was a rescue from a shelter, and the other showed up and lived on our porch until I was able to catch her, get her tested & spayed, and now she is completely ruling us!
This is Merri, our queen:

alre.jpg

And this is Ghost, our previous porch kitty:

v795.jpg

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Enchantre, you've worded it more correctly than I have...the cat's definitely rule the house! :lol:
lol no I actually mean cats this time :p
Have I created a place where Tweek is the civilized one?! :uhoh: Haha I kid, I kid! :lol:

I like this second one, because it looks like he's wearing the hoodie, but it's really me, behind him :ninja: And I like the other one, well, just because :luv:

He's a rescue cat who was living in my father-in-law's back yard for several years. All we know about his background is that he's mostly Maine Coon and really difficult to photograph, since he seems to hate cameras. That's why he's sticking his tongue out. My sister-in-law is looking after him until we get back from Maui and I miss him a whole bunch.

Sounds like this little guy's got a brother out there somewhere :)
RzdZXH8.jpg

jOObcW4.jpg

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Many of you know that I'm a sea turtle person
Those pics and especially the stories, are awesome Pak! Such a great thing to do too! And your cat is adorable :) I love the tongue! I never realized until your post that the Maine Coon cat was something more than just a name for a type of cat we have around here...I always figured it was just up here in Maine that they called that kind of cat a Maine Coon cat, as opposed to a Coon cat :doh:

@Enchantre, you're cats are both wicked cute too! I love the look on Merri's face!
I don't have any photos readily available, but this what my cat looks like pretty much:
Spoiled brat. :D
Awww, the way that cat looks reminds me of a cat I had for several years! He was given to the humane society when he was far too young to be away from his mother, and we adopted him. He would always try to nurse from your armpit area, and it was a bit odd...but cute lol. He was the weirdest cat in the world, and he could be a dick at times! haha, I'll always miss him though...

Edit* to fix pics, and his name is McGee btw...

Nice pictures Shipdit and KingofNull!

Pickz

Vapes on vapes on vapes!
This thread (inspired by a post by Stonemonkey55 and VapeNStone in the Cloud thread)
I was just catching up with that thread and I was hoping that this thread would be made. I only have my phone to take pictures with, but I have some good pictures of my cats.

16ab8ab5-55cc-4001-b921-d97c6c9708e2_zps4f237cae.jpg

My cats are the two black cats (they're brothers) and the white cat is a neighbor cat. They like to hang out.

djonkoman

This is Izzy and his favorite thing in life is beer can condensation.
2013-07-12165243.jpg
[/IMG]

I had rats as pets(well, actually I've had rats a few times, they live shoort, no rats at the moment though), and I discovered they loved beer too. once I was drinking a beer while watching tv while I had them running loose in the room, and in that case they sometimes climbed onto me or onto the chair, and that time they couldn't get enough of licking my fingers after I touched the beercan, wich had a little beer on the outside.
so I gave them a few drops of beer from my finger, they loved it(well, mostly one of the 2, the most relaxed/cuddly of the 2, the one that visited my lap more often)

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
What a thread to wake up to! Those dogs in the bed shots are awesome! I'd have to agree Quetz, I couldn't get upset with that face laying there like that either! And PcpVapors, I love how he/she is upside down and backwards! This is my cat Raymond's signature "come play with me" move! hahaha I swear he is part dog!

He actually sleeps in my arm/lap like this a lot :lol:

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Glad to see your not the only one with a bully that steals the bed.....
Ha! This guy has a cool story, ended up getting him from a girl that rescued him from a Walmart parking lot, these people were trying to get rid of him but wouldn't let him play with people, kicking him around and shit. She ended up with him and posted online about finding a home for him, and I ended up getting him. I'm liable to believe her story because the other dog she had at her place looked quite healthy, and he was the exact opposite (skinny, scratched face/ear, you could see the ribs/hips a bit). He whined for a few seconds when I set him down on the car seat but he wouldn't let go of me... same deal when we got home (oh, did I mention this was like... the night of Dec 31? started the year with him :)), time for bed and he couldn't hop up all the way to my bed and wouldn't stop whining. There's been an almost inseparable bond between us. Last time I left for the hospital the 'rents were telling me he would cry all day and sniff around for me before curling up into a little ball on my clothes or bed. When I got back he was so anxious about me disappearing that he wouldn't even let me go to the bathroom alone, he'd lay down in front of it and stick his paws out and use his nails to repeatedly poke at the door until I finally opened it... he marches in, sits in the far corner, and waits. Didn't leave my side for anything for two or three weeks after.

My kiddo is good at looking baked...

MVQDNiK.png

xenafied.png

Liable to look like this after a heavy scratch session.

eHKlRq0.jpg

His favorite position for scratching is actually the same as your guy's Pcp! It's funny to see him do that to people who're not familiar with him. He'll do this thing I call shouldering where he'll start to rub one shoulder a little hard against your leg/shin, that's his 10 second warning that he's about to flop for the scratches.

Beautiful dog man,APBT or American Bulldog? Either way he's a happy pooch!
They've told me he's a blue nose pitty. I don't really like referring to him as a pit bull to the general public whenever they see him so I've taken to using the more official American Staffordshire Terrier. Everyone that is close to me knows him and they know he's incredibly gentle and just wants positive attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom