The Official FC Pets & Animals thread

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
daily_picdump_1987_640_95_zpsrnv0ay8p.jpg

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I don't mean to dampen anyone's mood or anything, but I needed to do something cathartic for me and my dog. I felt like this was the best place for it. Trigger warning if anyone lost a pet recently :/

I'm gonna fucking miss you Rocko, you were an awesome dog. I'll miss you devouring food the second it hits the floor, I'll miss you barking at me to come sit in the living room with you, I'll miss the tons of drool and cleaning it off of all the furniture and my pants. Seriously dog, how did you drool that much?

I'll miss the excitement you had , and even though over the last few years you got too old to jump up on EVERYONE, I never cared when you did it, you were just so happy to see people. I'll miss walking you, although that too declined over the years with your age. Thanks for being the perfect cover growing up so I could go outside and smoke and hang out with you :) thanks for being there for me when few people were and thank you for never judging me ever. Meant the world.

I'm gonna miss you Rocko. Everyone always said you were the biggest lab they ever saw, and one of the friendliest dogs ever. Dexter will miss you too, he already knows something is different. I hope you can chill up in dog heaven with a big white bone, getting your ears rubbed. MAN, I loved how when I would scratch your ear you'd hook your paw around my arm and hold it there. One week you'd be 14. You lived a long life, I hope it was a happy one. I'm gonna really miss you man.

Vs3aUt5.jpg

This was Christmas last year. I'm not one for pictures, but I wish I'd of taken more of you big guy :'(

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@HellsWindStaff I am so sorry. :(

I had to put my second dog down on Christmas Eve 7 years ago. It was one of the worst things I've ever gone through since he was in so much pain. But the vet said something as we were doing this that helped me. He said to remember all the good times, kisses, etc. that we had shared. And I had also read something that helped about a man's experience in doing the same. He said that he realized that the greatest gift he could give his dog as a thank you for all the years of love and companionship was the freedom from pain and suffering.

Rocko will always be a part of you. You'll never forget him. No dog will ever replace him; although there is always room to love another dog.

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
@HellsWindStaff I know how tough it is. It can still bring tears to my eyes.

And that 2nd dog? I didn't last 3 months before I got another. And he is the best dog I've ever had; the most loving, attentive... He's MY dog. This is what I wake up to every morning...

photo-5_zpsavk85p73.jpg

My suggestion? As soon as it's feasible to do so, get yourself another dog. Not as a replacement... rather a new friend.

Top Bottom