The Nomad From Morwood

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

The lotto style picking isn't ideal for everyone, I can understand that. It's tough to come up with a method that seems fair to everyone involved. Ultimately I can't please everyone, even though I would obviously prefer to!

Have you received feedback from your friends on the performance of the Nomad, i.e., vape quality, that you would be kind enough to share with us at this time? I'm referring to the usual concerns regarding vape taste, coolness, draw resistance, and density. Also, perhaps what you and friends have found in terms of the most efficient grind and packing?

Thanks!

FF

My friends seem to love it, but i'll be honest and say that the Okin and Nomad are just about the only vapes they have tried...

In my not-trying-to-be-bias opinion, Ill say that, vape performance should be up there with other high end convection vapes on the market. I find that the temperature is cool, pleasantly warm, but definitely not hot or irritating in any way. Draw resistance is practically non. Cloud density seems great. Taste is awesome, the load is very evenly heated, no central hot spot. I never stir.

I like a medium/fine grind, loosely packed, then tamped down with the screen. Not too packed..but not too loose either...hard to explain, heh.

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
I have decided to offer a few reserved spots in the first batch of 25 Nomads to some early supporters here on the FC.

After hearing some of your thoughts and concerns about my pre-order method, I thought it was right to make a slight tweak to the process. I hope that this will feel more fair to those of you who have continued to support the Nomad project from the start.

:cheers:

Cl4ud3

I have decided to offer a few reserved spots in the first batch of 25 Nomads to some early supporters here on the FC.

After hearing some of your thoughts and concerns about my pre-order method, I thought it was right to make a slight tweak to the process. I hope that this will feel more fair to those of you who have continued to support the Nomad project from the start.

:cheers:
So how many free spots will there be now Dan ? and you would want the full payment by the 21st including all the extra's or just the 275 ?

little maggie

So is there now no point in emailing you tomorrow? If everyone in the reserved spots accepts?
I think my starting date is confusing- I contacted you and you thought I was on the waiting list but then checked back with me later to tell me I wasn't and added me several weeks ago. I can't remember when I first asked to be sure I was on the list.

Vape Dr.

In my not-trying-to-be-bias opinion, Ill say that, vape performance should be up there with other high end convection vapes on the market. I find that the temperature is cool, pleasantly warm, but definitely not hot or irritating in any way. Draw resistance is practically non. Cloud density seems great. Taste is awesome, the load is very evenly heated, no central hot spot. I never stir.

@Dan Morrison From your email:

As of now I will be offering two 100% convection Heater Modules. A Medium/Low temperature. And a High/Medium temperature.

Which heating module where you using?

Thanks Dan! Can't wait!
:peace:

VAPEHUNTER

@Dan Morrison From your email:

As of now I will be offering two 100% convection Heater Modules. A Medium/Low temperature. And a High/Medium temperature.

Which heating module where you using?

Thanks Dan! Can't wait!
:peace:
In the original "pre-order" E-mail, from Sat the 8th, Dan stated "Both of these Heater Modules will be included with every Pre-Order."

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
So is there now no point in emailing you tomorrow? If everyone in the reserved spots accepts?
I think my starting date is confusing- I contacted you and you thought I was on the waiting list but then checked back with me later to tell me I wasn't and added me several weeks ago. I can't remember when I first asked to be sure I was on the list.

Don't worry! There will be spots left open for sure, I guess about 10 - 15.

And the early supporters I sent reserved spots to, had been added to the mailing list in 2016, or the start of 2017.

@Vape Dr. - I like the Medium/Low. But @VAPEHUNTER is correct, you'll be getting both with your pre-order.

Vape Dr.

Thanks for the quick reply @Dan Morrison.

@VAPEHUNTER I know both heater will come, I was just curious which heater Dan was basing his statement on.

Awesome Dan! I love me some low temp terp strippin!:cool:

@Dan Morrison , is the high/medium heater a good contender for concentrates or is there a separate concentrate heater in the works?:brow:

@Mr. Me2 I'll be sure to post pics and videos as soon as possible!:tup:

delloy

Lots of custom choices but I think I might go with a choke cherry burl and African blackwood stem.

Cant wait to see a mockup Burl & Blackwood. Mmmmmm :love::o

Just gotta choose a suitable sleeve design now

@Vape Dr. Pretty sure I read somewhere in the thread a concentrates dish is being developed, so I'm presuming there will be a heater to go with it.

Last edited:

marduk

daydreamer
I think I might go over to the dark side and pick abalone instead of lichen for the button.

x9imnpv.jpg

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Just about an hour to go until I send out the email! Good luck everyone. I wish I could send out a Nomad to everyone on the mailing list...

What I'll be doing, is after the list has filled up, I will be taking the next 20 or so people who were too late, and adding them to a special list.

These individuals will get first dibs for the next batch of Nomads, so they won't have to compete in the sign-up process again.

Hopefully this will alleviate some frustration if you're unable to get in on this batch. Plus... by the time the next batch rolls around, there will be some initial reports coming out, and lots of nice eye candy to look at for custom option ideas! So it ain't all that bad!

Last edited:
Top Bottom