The Nomad From Morwood

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
@nickdanger Emailed ya.

Closed email? I don't know when/where the decision was for Dan to send an "open" email. I am apparently not reading these pages as carefully as I thought I was. The closed email came at 5pm. Makes no sense to me if it started at 5pm. Brain doesn't operate in nano seconds
Or maybe my brain is just not working. Not enough sleep. So is the next list based on the date that people were added to the list originally. I read what Dan said but don't understand.

Dan, I'm really curious as to how many total responses you got to your email.

It's strange that you would have got the list "CLOSED" email, and not the list "OPEN" email. Perhaps your spam filter caught it?

I am sorry that the process has been so confusing for some of you. I do try my best to be as clear as I can, but by it's very nature it is a little confusing...

The list open and list closed emails were sent 20 seconds apart. In that time span I received more than 50 replies. Pretty intense! I didn't expect that!

It will be much easier for those who are currently on the mailing list to get in on the next-next batch, since I will be adding no new people to the list. I will be exhausting the OG list before adding anyone new to the mix.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
I didn't respond at all. Whoops. I thought I'd be in on next batch regardless, since I emailed fairly early this year.

Either way I'm not too upset at all, as long as I can eventually get one. I was in no place financially to take on this responsibility quite yet but I'm very interested to see and hear thoughts from those lucky enough to grab one of the first few units!

Thanks for this wonderful ride, Dan.

little maggie

I did get both open and closed emails. Both at 5pm. So it seems like the new waiting list will still have 50ish of us on it. And will it work the same- part based on when added to the list and part on clicking within a second to respond?
Any idea about the time frame? I need to get a water purifier and whoever designed my faucet put a British one in it- not an American. So I have to buy a Berkey which is going to cost about the same as the vape

little maggie,

djchexxx

I did get both open and closed emails. Both at 5pm. So it seems like the new waiting list will still have 50ish of us on it. And will it work the same- part based on when added to the list and part on clicking within a second to respond?
Any idea about the time frame? I need to get a water purifier and whoever designed my faucet put a British one in it- not an American. So I have to buy a Berkey which is going to cost about the same as the vape

I think dan said there are 125 people on the waiting list. Someone correct me if im wrong. First 25 goes out end of September. and he said that he'd try to make 30 or so a month from then on. So most likely if everyone in the email list got one it would take 3-4 months. The time frame would be November-December 2017 to fill all the orders. He said he would not add new people to the email list until he fills those orders from the original email list.

If any of this info is wrong someone please correct me. Thanks

Last edited:

Kalessin

I think dan said there are 125 people on the waiting list. Someone correct me if im wrong. First 25 goes out end out August. and he said that he'd try to make 30 or so a month from then on. So most likely if everyone in the email list got one it would take 3-4 months. The time frame would be November-December 2017 to fill all the orders. He said he would not add new people to the email list until he fills those orders from the original email list.

If any of this info is wrong someone please correct me. Thanks
I think Dan said it would take about 3 months to get the first batch out because it would take time to optimise the process, after which it will be about 30 a month

sauhamm

in case anyone is wondering / i didn't make the primary or reserve lists - and i received Dan's (the man) email at 7:00:04 and my reply was sent at 7:00:09 - now it took me about 1 second to hit reply and send but the mail system wasn't as fast as I was :)
i'd be curious to see the geographical dispersion of the replies to see if people in cali, UK, Tx etc got in or if it was all closely clustered around his physical location

the fact that 50+ emails were sent before the 10 or so second mark is amazing and a testament to our little community here!

christmas (or thereabouts) is going to be extra special this year, thanks again Dan for being awesome

Cl4ud3

in case anyone is wondering / i didn't make the primary or reserve lists - and i received Dan's (the man) email at 7:00:04 and my reply was sent at 7:00:09 - now it took me about 1 second to hit reply and send but the mail system wasn't as fast as I was :)
i'd be curious to see the geographical dispersion of the replies to see if people in cali, UK, Tx etc got in or if it was all closely clustered around his physical location

the fact that 50+ emails were sent before the 10 or so second mark is amazing and a testament to our little community here!

christmas (or thereabouts) is going to be extra special this year, thanks again Dan for being awesome
UK here got on the reserve list. No idea on the exact time of email or reply but the closed email came so quickly.

sauhamm

i got the closed email at 27 seconds after 7, i honestly believe Dan when he says they were milliseconds apart - human speed played a part but another user on the list got their message a whole 4 seconds before me :) now the long wait to sept for these beauties to start showing up in hands and we can get some usage videos and reviews and stuff...!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Got my preliminary email tonight as promised last night from Dan. I'm #22 of 25. Just made it in and man I responded within about 2 seconds no doubt!

Now I'm obsessing on configuration. :ugh:

So many choices. Holy shit!

Ah just checked mine now, 014 it says on the email, however I was fortunate enough to be offered a spot in advance as well. Despite following from the beginning I could never get in on the Okin, but beyond thrilled to be getting a Nomad let alone one of the first!

I know what you mean about choices though! Quite a problem. I may have to go budget basic, which is already pretty damn fancy if you ask me, while the paper choice is a whole ordeal in of itself. I would like to see various wood configurations, along with the button and paper options, there could be one I cannot refuse (lookin at you padauk and cocobolo! abalone?)

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
I'm torn between budget basic (which I agree is already fucking sweet) and splurging all in! I'm going to sell off some shit here soon to help fund this and the funds collected may help determine that.

So you were #14 on the early list. Who else is out there? @Dan Morrison how many ended up there on the early list again? Just curious who was faster on the trigger between that list and my #22.

duff

Well worn
Last edited:
Top Bottom