The Nomad From Morwood

MonkeyTime

I'm feeling lucky, not sure that means anything, but I like it none the less.

Good luck all!

I really wanted to reply to him with a good mock up of what I'm currently wanting, but even after a long time looking last night, I'm still very torn. No doubt the color of wood needs to be taken into account with the paper, and that's where I'm at.

Maybe I should pick a wood first.... but it so depends on what mood I'm in. Bright and louder or subtle and serene..... love it!

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Well, I think that was a record... heh. I have to sift through the pile of replies and pick out the winners.

I can tell you that they will all be separated by mere milliseconds.

What I am going to do also, to further help those who are currently on the mailing list.. is stop adding anyone else to this list, from today forward. Any new-comers to the list will get added to a second mailing list and get second dibs (until the current mailing list is exhausted).

That way those who came first will hopefully get their Nomad sooner rather than later.

RelaxedNow

Here's where I confess to being one of the lucky few who signed up early enough to avoid the lottery. Don't hate me. :uhoh:

I'm leaning slightly toward the polished Blackwood, but torn between that and the Cherry Burl. Either would be beautiful, for sure. If I decide on Blackwood, I'm thinking request a mockup with the "dragonfly" lacquered paper.

Congrats to everyone who got in on the first batch. Regrets to those who didn't, but I'm sure @Dan Morrison will get you taken care of in as timely a manner as possible.

On another note, even my wife is excited about this, and she's just a casual toker. In fact, when she saw the pictures, she insisted I buy one (as if I had to be encouraged, lol). I hope this is a huge success for Mr. Morrison, by whatever measures he applies.

ZC

Made it to the reserve list.

Google had an "undo" button after I hit send, which means it didn't actually send until that button disappeared. Oh well.

Really happy with the way the system is moving forward, this way no one whos shown interest now will have to worry about the lottery. I think it's an overall good mix between a lottery system and first come first serve. Pretty fair in my book.

Congrats to all those who got in. Looking forward to hearing what you think of your Nomads!

nickdanger

Collector of Functional Art
I didn't get an email, so congratulations to those that did! I'm excited to see the choices everyone picks for the wood and paper, as there are so many gorgeous ones to pick from. I guess the ones that are on the next list of 20 know who they are? If we don't make that list, will we get priority on the 3rd round?

little maggie

Closed email? I don't know when/where the decision was for Dan to send an "open" email. I am apparently not reading these pages as carefully as I thought I was. The closed email came at 5pm. Makes no sense to me if it started at 5pm. Brain doesn't operate in nano seconds
Or maybe my brain is just not working. Not enough sleep. So is the next list based on the date that people were added to the list originally. I read what Dan said but don't understand.

Dan, I'm really curious as to how many total responses you got to your email.

virtualpurple

I erred big time, had my time zones off by an hour! Disappointed in *my* mistake, but I'm very happy for @Dan Morrison (seriously, what other vaporizer has crushed pre-order like that?!) and the good folks I'm seeing here that have gotten onboard. @little maggie I hope you are among them. I think my err in judgement probably nixed me from the second batch as well.

I'm not really sold on this style of inclusion, but having said that, I am sold on Dan's commitment to his product.

I'm pretty convinced that the only person that can break Dan's record is Dan himself.

*edit* @little maggie posted while I was still drafting my message, sorry you didn't get on in time Maggie.

Kalessin

Closed email? I don't know when/where the decision was for Dan to send an "open" email. I am apparently not reading these pages as carefully as I thought I was. The closed email came at 5pm. Makes no sense to me if it started at 5pm. Brain doesn't operate in nano seconds
Or maybe my brain is just not working. Not enough sleep. So is the next list based on the date that people were added to the list originally. I read what Dan said but don't understand.

Dan, I'm really curious as to how many total responses you got to your email.
The "Open" email you're referring to was just the preorder email he sent out that people replied to for the chance to be in the first batch, then the "closed" email was just another email he sent immediately after the spots filled up to let people know it was over

Top Bottom