The Nomad From Morwood

CL52613

Why not just slide the sleeve off after arrival and you get all you want? And I'm sure you don't even need to order one with a sleeve you don't really want. Can't see your problem.
As has been stated, the sleeve also houses the bottom cover plate, which protects the heater, actuator bar, and battery circuitry, and looks to be an integral part of the vaporizer. It could be used without the sleeve, but not worth the risk of damaging the vaporizer. The problem is my hands have very limited dexterity, and the sleeve would need to be removed whenever I wanted to replace or charge the battery, and every time I wanted to use it for the first time in the day, since I would either break the connection between the battery and heater or remove the battery at the end of the day. This leads to my conundrum since damaging the sleeve significantly could lead to making the vaporizer inoperable.

szai

As has been stated, the sleeve also houses the bottom cover plate, which protects the heater, actuator bar, and battery circuitry, and looks to be an integral part of the vaporizer. It could be used without the sleeve, but not worth the risk of damaging the vaporizer. The problem is my hands have very limited dexterity, and the sleeve would need to be removed whenever I wanted to replace or charge the battery, and every time I wanted to use it for the first time in the day, since I would either break the connection between the battery and heater or remove the battery at the end of the day. This leads to my conundrum since damaging the sleeve significantly could lead to making the vaporizer inoperable.

I think you misunderstand how tough the sleeve is. Think of it less as paper and more as a plastic. Other people have mirrored your concern for it. Yes your perspective is different and I understand where you're coming from. However Dan has made it very clear that it's much much tougher then it seems and looks.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
The problem is my hands have very limited dexterity...This leads to my conundrum since damagingthe sleeve significantly could lead to making the vaporizer inoperable.

Well, perhaps then this vaporizer isn't for you? Many members here at FC (including myself) have various medical conditions that limit our daily activities, causing us to move on to the "next best"; don't like it much but sadly such are our conditions. :rant:

Perhaps you might email Dan and inquire as to the possibility of customization of a unit and the additional time and cost it would require? :wave:

Good luck!

Last edited:

Kalessin

Well, perhaps then this vaporizer isn't for you? Many members here at FC (including myself) have various medical conditions that limit our daily activities, causing us to move on to the "next best"; don't like it much but sadly such are our conditions. :rant:

Perhaps you might email Dan and inquire as to the possibility of customization of a unit and the additional time and cost it would require? :wave:

Good luck!

Maybe Dan would be willing to make a thin wood sleeve for him after things get into a more settled groove or something? I could see that being cool, probably add a good bit to price I'd imagine if even feasible

CL52613

Maybe Dan would be willing to make a thin wood sleeve for him after things get into a more settled groove or something? I could see that being cool, probably add a good bit to price I'd imagine if even feasible
I appreciate all of the suggestions, and Dan already has offered a sleeve that could be a little bit easier for me to remove and replace. My original question was if the sleeve was optional or functional? I was asking because all I saw was talk of the styles of sleeves available, how great they looked, and their tactical qualities. I was aware the Nomad was a modular design and could be customized, and thought the sleeve was an optional customization. I was not aware that the bottom cover was attached to the sleeve. Dan's artistic vision and workmanship truly make him a master craftsman, and seeing the attention and care given to every detail of the Nomad, I knew I had to have one. But the sleeve being a necessary part of the vaporizer posed the problem mentioned in my previous post. It was not a matter of getting it customized for a cost that would be justifiably expensive; but whether I should get one at all. Being retired, disabled, the primary caregiver for my wife who has Early Onset Alzheimer's and is unable to care for herself; a more costly Nomad is not an option. I have been looking at other on-demand vaporizer options and though there are a few, none can touch the Nomad. Thus I shall be most grateful to be allowed the opportunity to be on the list for this truly remarkable vaporizer. I happen to be a bit anal, borderline "ocd" if you like, so please excuse the wordiness of my posts.

PS. Now I have to figure out what paper art I want for the sleeve. Dag-nab it! Dan Morrison, you are truly what a master craftsman should endeavor to be.

sauhamm

this vape has us so captivated that dan said these would be going out in feb barring "...any unforeseeable disaster."

here we are approaching april and honestly, nobody cares :)

i don't even remember the original date, wasn't it like sept of last year?!

I demand dan keep doing exactly what he's doing no matter how long it takes to make this little vape perfectly wonderful :D

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Oh there are people upset about it but I think they are scared to put it out here for fear of backlash. Me personally....I agree. In no hurry. I value quality over speed but I will say it's interesting how Dan gets a pass on this where most all other manufacturers get slammed for missing deadlines.

Last edited:

szai

Oh there are people upset about it but I think they are scared to out it out here for fear of backlash. Me personally....I agree. In no hurry. I value quality over speed but I will say it's interesting how Dan gets a pass on this where most all other manufacturers get slammed for missing deadlines.
He didn't get a pass! He has been honest and has had good communication. He hasn't ever been MIA since this happened. He also is making them by himself with a ton of manual machining. It's going to take time.

muunch

hotboxing the cockpit
its because nobody else makes something as pretty as this. This is more art then vape, and anybody who's smart won't rush an artist. especially when the artist is making something for you.

That's also subjective (no shade to Dan, I'm thinking the same things everyone else here is thinking...) and any of the other handcrafted wooden devices made on a small scale could have the same logic applied to them.

b0

Cloudy...
its because nobody else makes something as pretty as this. This is more art then vape, and anybody who's smart won't rush an artist. especially when the artist is making something for you.

Exactly! Well said mate, these ones are gonna be unique art pieces.

b0,

szai

That's also subjective and any of the other handcrafted wooden devices made on a small scale could have the same logic applied to them.
In the end it's down to @Dan Morrison brand. He has a surfeit of branding excellence. Pretty much no one else does!

I've experienced this over the past year with destiny 2. I've put in over 1000 hours into Destiny. I've played destiny 2 more then 200 hrs but stopped playing like much the games population. Most of the hardcore gamers revolted and left after mismanagement by the developers.

I've given much thought to this issue and at the release we gave the developer Bungie a lot leeway and trust. They had an amazing community before but now they killed it. We gave them more then enough time to fix things but they responded too late. They lost something they're never gonna get back. Years of a Sterling reputation for to the Hall have. They flagged it all down the toilet! Screw Bungle I'm never trusting then again. Bunch of assholes as far as I'm concerned!

Last edited:
szai,
Reactions: Ramahs

Mulchmaker

Veni Vidi Vapi
It was the same way with the okin. There are no 2 okin that are alike. I patiently waited for my Okin and i will patiently wait for my Nomad!!!

This all reminds me of "The Agony and the Ecstasy", which I watched again a few weeks ago.

Pope Julius II: "When will it be done?"
Michelangelo: "When it is finished!"

Some things can't be rushed.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
To be clear I am absolutely NOT upset myself...I just know of some folks on this list that are. I like Sticks look at this as art and don't want to rush it.

And I also agree that some manufacturers have not handled the delays appropriately and have not been transparent. But I have seen some that have been pretty open yet still get blasted.

With this project I think most of us knew what they are getting into and are more than happy to wait. If you are in the other camp get a refund and move on. There are probably hundreds of people ready to take that spot and not complain about it.

sauhamm

most threads like this are full of angst from the end users waiting in silence for the manufacture to do or say anything big or small ... but even if he misses a date then Dan is here a day or two later with updates and pics and even letting us bandy ideas hither and to about material choices...

I dunno, it just amazes me that it's never done this way, not on any scale that i've seen. hell kickstarter is laced with failures on projects that get 1000 times the budget...

definitely a tip of the hat to dan and his process.

CL52613

For anyone complaining about delays the real question is; do you want a finished product or one that will be plagued with problems, large and small, requiring you to return it repeated. Personally, I am glad to wait for something that Dan feels confident is a finished product. At some point Dan will be satisfied with his design and assembly procedure, when that happens I think he will be able to produce the Nomad without having to delay its release. This is a creative process, and I believe most of us appreciate his desire to produce not only an artistically beautiful piece but one that will function properly and reliably for a very long time.

MAbud

To be clear I am absolutely NOT upset myself...I just know of some folks on this list that are. I like Sticks look at this as art and don't want to rush it.

And I also agree that some manufacturers have not handled the delays appropriately and have not been transparent. But I have seen some that have been pretty open yet still get blasted.

With this project I think most of us knew what they are getting into and are more than happy to wait. If you are in the other camp get a refund and move on. There are probably hundreds of people ready to take that spot and not complain about it.

If anyone wants to trade out of there spot all they have to do is let me know and I’ll gladly take it over :)

sixstringsmash

Hey guys got some good news. I'm willing to trade out my spot to whoever wants it, all for the small tiny tidy sum of......

one-million-dollars.jpg

Top Bottom