The Nomad From Morwood

Terpenetime

And here's some fun family photos of a custom stemmed package made in collaboration with Ed and Dave. I sent out Cherry wood from the same block that was used to make the stem collar, so all pieces match.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I’m totally and utterly stoked to be the lucky custodian of Nomad #132 and owe a huge debt of gratitude to @Dan Morrison, @Ed’s TnT and @mistvaporizer. Thanks for your efforts in putting this together for me!

:love::clap::love: :love::clap::love: :love::clap::love: :love::clap::love: :love::clap::love: :love::clap::love: :love::clap::love:

Temple

Has anyone received a Nomad II yet? Very curious to see some first impressions before I make my next big vape purchase.

Temple,

Vaporware

Has anyone received a Nomad II yet? Very curious to see some first impressions before I make my next big vape purchase.

The Nomad II’s performance should be nearly identical to the I’s. They use the same heaters, and a very similar design overall, so if you look back at what people have had to say so far the large majority should be applicable. :)

Most of the changes are cosmetic or ease of use improvements rather than changes in performance. The main difference is that instead of a slide-on sleeve with a bottom plate and a separate electrical bridge on the bottom of the device there is just a magnetic bottom plate with the bridge built into it. It’s also slightly taller and thinner with more rounded corners.

It’ll be sad when we stop seeing new Nomad I sleeves, but I have a feeling we’re going to see a lot of amazing Nomad IIs too, they’ll just be different!

If you want more info on the changes, check out Dan’s announcement messages starting near the end of page 146 in this thread. :)

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
Just went through the design process with Dan. It was so cool. He shows graphics of how the wood choices look. Really helped me dial in my personal look: African Blackwood for the main wood and splated Tamarind for the accents (light/white color wood with black streaks).

As usual Dan is incredible. Responsive and super helpful. I remember putting my name in line and then forgetting about it. I knew otherwise I'd wonder day by day and when he reached out to ask if I wanted in for this batch it was the best surprise!! I'll keep posting along the way.

D

sickbabies

Hello all! Checking back into FC for the first time in about 2 years. Can't wait to see the day when I pop up on the list. Congratulations to all of the owners of this piece of functional art, I hope the wait isn't too bad for the rest of us.

sickbabies,
Reactions: Vaporware

Vaporware

Hello all! Checking back into FC for the first time in about 2 years. Can't wait to see the day when I pop up on the list. Congratulations to all of the owners of this piece of functional art, I hope the wait isn't too bad for the rest of us.

The wait is long right now, but if you’re already on the list it may not be that long. If you’ve already been on for 2 years, you might want to check in and make sure you’re on the list.

Dan has a lot of custom sleeves for first generation Nomads to deal with right now, but once those are done the Nomad IIs will probably go faster and that should help.

Is there a regulated version in the far future?

It’s been talked about here before and I don’t think Dan’s opposed to at least a possible add-on module for a future Nomad design, but I wouldn’t hold my breath...it may never happen, and if it does it probably won’t be any time soon with so many people on the list for the current version.

On the bright side, with the low/medium heater I don’t think anyone we’ve heard from has had much trouble. You can hold the button down throughout your draw without scorching it, and performance drops off noticeably before the battery is drained to an unsafe level, so there is less need for regulation than there is with some other similar designs.

jds

I finally got the email - I'm in the next Nomad II batch! It honestly had been so long since I signed up to the wait list that I kind of forgot I was on there, but this was a nice surprise during these strange days!

EDIT: SlowJimFizz, where are these Ed's TNT wood stems for the Nomad being sold?

Last edited:

madhockeydad

Art is beauty
I finally got the email - I'm in the next Nomad II batch! It honestly had been so long since I signed up to the wait list that I kind of forgot I was on there, but this was a nice surprise during these strange days!

EDIT: SlowJimFizz, where are these Ed's TNT wood stems for the Nomad being sold?

Exact same thing happened to me. I knew when I signed up that it would be a long long time so I forgot about it right away. When Dan finally contacted me, it honestly felt like just a couple of months and he is already working on the batch!!! He has sent out the coolest photos of him preparing the different pieces.

Enjoy from here on out. Soon you get to design the vape. Then you'll start getting production updates, and .... Well, I don't know what comes after that yet but I can't wait to find out!! All part of a very cool journey.

David

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Congrats and welcome to the list @tragique and @madhockeydad . Dan is amazing to work with in the ordering and designing of your piece.
Last update was Dan is finishing up the last of the custom sleeves from batch 3, then moving on to the sleeves for batch 4 and also Nomad II bodies. Can't wait for the Nomad II's to start rolling out.
Dan sent a pic of my precious 001 modeling his new sleeve.... just look at him... brimming with confidence... miss you little buddy, see you in a couple weeks. :D

P1080927.jpg

P1080928.jpg

Just reach out to @Ed's TnT about stem work @tragique
Great guy to work with who has made pieces for most of my vapes that take stems.

SquirrelMaster

I just received an email from Dan. I am now on the list for Nomad II ! There are some beautiful rare woods available and that opal button is something special!

My button choice took me the longest of all choices to make lol. Dan gave me ideas of buttons that I had no idea were even a possibility. Now that finally locked my order in I am so ridiculously excited to get my Nomad 2, more so than any other vape I have ever purchased! I feel giddy like a kid on Christmas :D and I know it'll be a while before I see it. Delayed gratification to the finest.

Poostuff

Please delete
I wonder if he’d let you buy two buttons so you can swap them out yourself whenever you want some fresh bling on your Nomad.

Poostuff,

SquirrelMaster

@Poostuff @Xclerk
Yes that's an option as I had asked about putting some flower inside my button and Dan had given that option before realizing I also lived in Canada. He recommended against that though as he figured it would not look good over time. He mentioned you would need a vise to press fit the lens. I don't remember off the top of my head but he probably has some fancy rigged up contraption to make his life easier so it may be harder for someone as a DIY option. That's just my guess on the difficulty of it but it'll still a really cool option.

GetLeft

Could a Nomad 1 be modified to become a Nomad 2?

How 'bout doing throw back Thursdays? Early batch folks could post images of their OG 'mads. Have to be a Thursday, of course. :tup:

GetLeft,
Reactions: Poostuff

Vaporware

@Poostuff @Xclerk
Yes that's an option as I had asked about putting some flower inside my button and Dan had given that option before realizing I also lived in Canada. He recommended against that though as he figured it would not look good over time. He mentioned you would need a vise to press fit the lens. I don't remember off the top of my head but he probably has some fancy rigged up contraption to make his life easier so it may be harder for someone as a DIY option. That's just my guess on the difficulty of it but it'll still a really cool option.

Since it’s relatively flat I think the better option might be a tiny leaf, maybe encased in resin and shaved down thin enough to fit the space with the back side painted to give it a good background?

Anyone could do that, but it would be time consuming and probably difficult to get right. If it worked out it would be cool though! :science:

As for multiple buttons, I was interested in that too but I don’t think Dan particularly wants to make a bunch of extra buttons and they’re not super easy to swap so you probably wouldn’t be switching them out too often. He might be willing to do a few extras, but we should probably not push him to spend a lot of time just making dozens of extra buttons. ;)

...the lichen buttons still tempt me though... :mmmm:

SquirrelMaster

@VaporWare
A little leaf would be cool if you could fit it in the 10mm space, absolutely! With all the gemstones options or those amazing lichen buttons he has it covered really well already. Plus wood working is his primary craft hence the design change moving to the 2 so like you said he probably doesn't want to make a ton of buttons. I feel like I splurged for my mine so if I want another button in the future I'll just build another Nomad :).

I would have went with a lichen button but in the mockups he made for me I preferred the stones for my wood choice. I've had a lichen button on my mind since last summer when I joined the list but I also wasn't sure on my wood choice at the time. Not only do the lichen buttons look amazing but the whole process of how he hunts for them in the woods and creates the end result really grabbed me. Hell, the process of every little aspect of the Nomad grabs me.

Top Bottom