The Nomad From Morwood

Vaporware

Yeah, you’d have to find a tiny leaf and it would not be easy to process, but since it’s pretty flat to start with I think it’d be easier to do than a bud.

Like you said though, there are plenty of great options Dan’s already done and those are much easier. :)

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
Could a Nomad 1 be modified to become a Nomad 2?

How 'bout doing throw back Thursdays? Early batch folks could post images of their OG 'mads. Have to be a Thursday, of course. :tup:

The Nomad 1 has the contact between the battery and heater covered by the sleeve. Nomad 2 puts the contact in the the piece of wood that will hold the heater and battery in. So, not to say someone with Dans skillset couldn't modify the 1 to a 2, I'm gonna say it'd be tough.

Do i have to wait till Thursday to do a throwback pic of my Nomad. Not going to do it.
Here is one of my favorite memories with the Wanderer. Steamboat Springs Colorado, first day the Alpine Slide was opened. Just did my first ever ski lift and this is looking out at the main ski slopes in Steamboat.

20190703-110921.jpg

jbm

Nice @jbm!

I too have just finalised my design with Dan - what a great experience.

Ive gone with the Two Tone Amboyna Burl for the body with African Blackwood and a the Lichen button

Now Ill be looking forward to the build updates!
Ah. Roasted curly maple body, pink ivory stem collar and bottom, lignum vitae side pulls, opal button.

Mr. Me2

Ah. Roasted curly maple body, pink ivory stem collar and bottom, lignum vitae side pulls, opal button.
I don’t recall seeing any pictures of an opal button. Do you have any you can share? Makes me want to see options in place of my lichen selection.

Mr. Me2,

SquirrelMaster

I looked it up also meanwhile, and I found posts by Dan and others indicating that they are compatible, in case anyone is wondering. At this point I'm fairly convinced they are, so I just bought a blackwood stem. Let's hope it fits!

Nice choice, I was eyeing that one to match the collar on my upcoming Nomad 2. After I unpause my spending I think an Ed's order is due.

Dan Morrison

Manufacturer
Just a little fyi, after spending some time with my wood stem, I'm considering making wood stems as an add-on for the Nomad II's.

The design I've chosen is pretty much a replica of the glass stem, except the internal diameter is slightly larger, making the walls a bit thinner... but the herb chamber larger as well.

I put a slight taper on the ends of the tube, on the inside. This gives the opening a very slight flare outwards to perfectly match the slight taper of my basket screens. The result so that the basket screen pops in the end of the stem effortlessly... and doesn't cock sideways at all. With a light touch, it stays in place, and when it's time to unload, the screen pops out effortlessly as well. This makes the unloading tool that I use with my glass stem setup unnecessary... which admittedly makes the entire package more portable friendly.

This is an unexpected, but welcome advantage over the stock glass stems.

I have also loaded my wood stem up with glass beads, and this has proven to be just awesome. Of course, you can change the amount of cooling by adding or subtracting cooling beads, so that's fun.

And as a side note, the all-glass cooling stems from Dave are also awesome. Same great cooling effect, but the pure taste of glass... they look really neat as well.

Anyhooo. I originally thought that I might just use roasted maple, but now I am thinking that there's no reason I shouldn't test out fruit woods. Fruit woods are generally considered safe for food contact items, and in tobacco pipe making. So, woods like cherry, apple, pear, apricot, etc.. and their burl woods, could all make great stems.

I have some pin/choke cherry burl that I harvested a few years back, they're dry now, and I think they'll make some very nice stems. The wood is very hard, very durable.

P1080992.jpg

P1080995.jpg

P1080998.jpg

P1080999.jpg

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Hey @Dan Morrison any chance of getting one of these lovely wood stems with my current unit. Gotta say that burl looks awesome! Really excited to see how these wood stems progress. As usual gorgeous
Already have a mistvape cooling stem here, KGwoodcraft one on hold and a Eds one otw soon. 2 diff size glass beads. I'm ready. Lol. Also added extra stem sets to my order to get one out to Austin Simrell. Curious to see what he comes up w for me. The little updates are nice. I wish more people had usage vids tho. I know its getting close tho. PUMPED!

Top Bottom