The Nomad From Morwood

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Already have a mistvape cooling stem here, KGwoodcraft one on hold and a Eds one otw soon. 2 diff size glass beads. I'm ready.
Yup - I hear you!
I have a fresh pair of Molocel batteries,
2 mist vape cooling stems,
A case to hold the Nomad,
an Ed’s stem/wpa en route,
all waiting for the Nomad and stem to get here.
I don’t think I’ve ever been this prepared for anything!!

SquirrelMaster

Yup - I hear you!
I have a fresh pair of Molocel batteries,
2 mist vape cooling stems,
A case to hold the Nomad,
an Ed’s stem/wpa en route,
all waiting for the Nomad and stem to get here.
I don’t think I’ve ever been this prepared for anything!!
Did you post your case? I meant to ask in my email if @Dan Morrison was planning to make any. I remember that being mentioned before.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Did you post your case? I meant to ask in my email if @Dan Morrison was planning to make any. I remember that being mentioned before.
I haven’t posted it yet. I want to make sure it’s a good fit first. But I promise I will when it arrives!
Oh, and actually, I ordered two cases, I forgot there is still one on the way. :lol:

Here’s a link to the cases I ordered (very similar), both under $10:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0716N7FBZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NURJTHA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

hoyo77

I haven’t posted it yet. I want to make sure it’s a good fit first. But I promise I will when it arrives!
Oh, and actually, I ordered two cases, I forgot there is still one on the way. :lol:

Here’s a link to the cases I ordered (very similar), both under $10:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0716N7FBZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NURJTHA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Can be pricey depending on which route you go...i have the triple decker. check these guys out

https://vatra.com

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Hey all - just wanted to check in and give you a quick update on my new acquisition.

Nomad No. 93 has been treating me very nicely since beginning of week! I am going to keep this short because I want to enjoy my Nomad some more!!

First impressions: :love:
I am having so much fun breaking it in - still deciding what my favorite way to use it.

There is a lot of testing/experimenting to be done - especially with the two heaters and four different stems:

From top left, clockwise Stock stem, custom Nomad cherry burl, Mistvape nippled glass, Ed’s cocobolo.
(So far, I find the Ed’s and Mistvape stems the best to use because they have a “shelf” to hold the bottom screen - makes refilling much easier for me.)

I love all of the beautiful craftsmanship - here is a shot of the serial number on the inside of the sleeve:

I’ll be back sometime soon!

Last edited:

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
Hey all - just wanted to check in and give you a quick update on my new acquisition.

Nomad No. 93 has been treating me very nicely since beginning of week! I am going to keep this short because I want to enjoy my Nomad some more!!

I am having so much fun breaking it in - still deciding what my favorite way to use it.

There is a lot of testing/experimenting to be done - especially with the two heaters and four different stems:

From top left, clockwise Stock stem, custom Nomad cherry burl, Ed’s Cocobolo, Mistvape nippled glass.
(So far, I find the Ed’s and Mistvape stems the easiest to use because they have a “shelf” to hold the bottom stem. - makes refilling much easier for me.)

I love all of the beautiful craftsmanship - here is a shot of the serial number on the inside of the sleeve:

Gorgeous!
That's a great scheme, and those wood stems!
Congratulations:clap::drool:

namasteIII

@SquirrelMaster - yup, I have tried both. Currently sipping on low heat. :tup:

Anyone mark their heaters in some way to tell the difference? If I have both out at same time, I can figure it out. But on their own, they look pretty darned similar!

That'd be a cool idea for Dan to do, Just a little black dot or line on the shell of the high heater. Not that it matters too much I think theres a way to tell by the spiral of the heater.

SquirrelMaster

Anyone mark their heaters in some way to tell the difference? If I have both out at same time, I can figure it out. But on their own, they look pretty darned similar!

What's the difference between the two when side by side, more metal in the coil of the high heat heater?

SquirrelMaster,
Reactions: Xclerk

flammy

I keep my spare heater in a small stash container with a little bit of cotton ball on the bottom to cushion it:

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/accessories/other/snapstash-small/

I then mark the stash containers with tape and marker. In my experience it shouldn't be necessary to mark them. The difference is quite distinctive in my opinion.

Congrats again on your Nomad. Hope you're thoroughly enjoying it!

P.S. You can turn that cherry stem into a cooling stem by putting 6mm boro glass beads inside. You use a basket screen to trap on the heater end and you can form a 5/8" mesh screen to trap on the mouthpiece end. This is what I've done with my wooden stems.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply

From top left, clockwise Stock stem, custom Nomad cherry burl, Mistvape nippled glass, Ed’s cocobolo.
(So far, I find the Ed’s and Mistvape stems the best to use because they have a “shelf” to hold the bottom screen - makes refilling much easier for me.)

What screens did you use fir your eds stem?. Just curious cause the opening seems much smaller than the mistvape screens. Hoping my Nomad arrives tom. Should have been today but the delay is understandable. I'm so pumped I may have to call out of work

almost there

What screens did you use fir your eds stem?. Just curious cause the opening seems much smaller than the mistvape screens. Hoping my Nomad arrives tom. Should have been today but the delay is understandable. I'm so pumped I may have to call out of work
How you gonna finance your Nomad 2 if you don’t show up tomorrow to make the donuts?:lol:

has anyone ordered one of Dan’s fancy bamboo stems? Please share your thoughts if you did

flammy

Ed's stems use a 1/4" screen:

https://pipescreenz.com/products/100-count-14-size-stainless-steel-pipe-screens

When I got mine from Vgoodiez, it came with a few though.

How you gonna finance your Nomad 2 if you don’t show up tomorrow to make the donuts?:lol:

has anyone ordered one of Dan’s fancy bamboo stems? Please share your thoughts if you did

I don't believe that this an option yet. This said, I think he's experimenting with making stems out of fruit woods which is perhaps the reason @Jill NYC got a cherry one.

Xclerk

The Universe is our endless supply
Ed's stems use a 1/4" screen:

https://pipescreenz.com/products/100-count-14-size-stainless-steel-pipe-screens

When I got mine from Vgoodiez, it came with a few though.

I don't believe that this an option yet. This said, I think he's experimenting with making stems out of fruit woods which is perhaps the reason @Jill NYC got a cherry one.
I got mine from there too. No biggie I'll temp cut one to size or maybe some ddave ones will fit. Already saving for my 2 lol. Thanks for the link @flammy def will get those
Edit: upon double checking the little baggie I found the screens. Tx again

Last edited:

GetLeft

So with the Ed's and Mistvape stems, one doesn't use Dan's 'capsule method' with the two screens and the wood ring? I only used that method a couple of times before going to a single screen, no ring method. But I was sensing folks liked the capsule thing.

GetLeft,

flammy

So with the Ed's and Mistvape stems, one doesn't use Dan's 'capsule method' with the two screens and the wood ring? I only used that method a couple of times before going to a single screen, no ring method. But I was sensing folks liked the capsule thing.

The ID of Ed's stem is too small to use the capsule method. You can use the capsule in the Mistvape stems but you will not be able to use both screens with the capsule. You will need to leave the capsule uncapped. A slight tamp will prevent flower from dropping onto heater module.

FWIW, I personally do not use the capsule method. Rather I just use an open-faced rimless basket screen. I found that to be a less cumbersome as I don't like removing the screen to load and unload. The great thing is that the Nomad is rather adaptable when it comes to what type of stem is used and how you load it. You don't necessarily need to adhere to a certain method to achieve good results. IMO a lot of it comes down to personal preference.

Vaporware

I don’t know if or when this thread will be locked as we transition to a new incarnation of the forum, but while it’s still open I want to tell anyone who reads the end of this thread some day in internet archives, I believe this is the best thread on FC and it is well worth reading it from the beginning if you have any interest in artisan vaporizers.

The 150? or so of us who have had the opportunity to work with Dan as he has created a wide variety of the most beautiful cannabis delivery devices in the world are a lucky few, and while I hope the future will bring even better things I think the Nomads should and will be remembered, used and likely coveted by some who encounter one or read this history far into the future.

My own Nomad I may not be finished in time to appear here since Dan is only preparing to do a more complete round of sketches right now, but if it’s not here check out Nomad #90 if you can find it. I’m sure there will be pictures around. :love:

I’m sorry that many of you won’t see some of the pictures and videos that have already disappeared from this thread, but I hope that most of it will be preserved, and if you never get a chance to try a Nomad yourself I hope it will inspire you to create something or to support people who are trying to bring something amazing into the world. :science:

Thanks again Dan and everyone who has contributed to making this thread what it is. I hope its new incarnation on https://www.fcombustion.com (and maybe eventually back on this domain if we’re lucky) will be just as great. :popcorn:

Top Bottom