The NEWS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caligula

Maximus
Adams has his share of supporters as well as detractors, just like any disruptor of the established order of things. And the established order of things is obviously in need of the disruption it is currently undergoing.

Also there are plenty of other credible sources of information that agree with him.

"When bugs take a bite of the GM plant, the toxin from the plant splits open their stomach and kills them."

It destroys the stomach linings of susceptible humans as well. Fuck gmo corn. It's got bt toxin engineered right into it and the eu, along with dozens of other countries won't feed it to their livestock either.

So it's not just the chinese (& russians) that are refusing our corn. Enjoy your doritos :tup:

10 Reasons to Avoid Genetically Modified Foods:

GM foods won’t solve the food crisis

A 2008 World Bank report concluded that increased biofuel production (crops grown for fuel rather than food) is the major cause of the increase in food prices. GM giant Monsanto has been at the heart of the lobbying for biofuels -- while profiting enormously from the resulting food crisis and using it as a PR opportunity to promote GM foods!

GM crops do not increase yield potential
Despite the promises, GM has not increased the yield potential of any commercialized crops. In fact, studies show that the most widely grown GM crop, GM soy, has suffered reduced yields.

GM crops increase pesticide use
U.S. government data shows that in the U.S., GM crops have produced an overall increase, not decrease, in pesticide use compared to conventional crops.

There are better ways to feed the world
A major UN/World Bank-sponsored report compiled by 400 scientists and endorsed by 58 countries concluded that GM crops have little to offer global agriculture and the challenges of poverty, hunger, and climate change, because better alternatives are available.

Other farm technologies are more successful
Integrated Pest Management and other innovative low-input or organic methods of controlling pests and boosting yields have proven highly effective, particularly in the developing world.

GM foods have not been shown to be safe to eat
Genetic modification is a crude and imprecise way of incorporating foreign genetic material into crops, with unpredictable consequences. The resulting GM foods have undergone little rigorous and no long-term safety testing, but animal feeding tests have shown worrying health effects.

Stealth GMOs in animal feed -- without consumers’ consent

Meat, eggs and dairy products from animals raised on the millions of tons of GM feed imported into Europe do not have to be labeled. Some studies show that if GM crops are fed to animals, GM material can appear in the resulting products, and that the animals’ health can be affected.

GM crops are a long-term economic disaster for farmers

A 2009 report showed that GM seed prices in America have increased dramatically, cutting average farm incomes for U.S. farmers growing GM crops.

GM and non-GM cannot co-exist

GM contamination of conventional and organic food is increasing. An unapproved GM rice that was grown for only one year in field trials was found to have extensively contaminated the U.S. rice supply and seed stocks. In Canada, the organic oilseed rape industry has been destroyed by contamination from GM rape. In Spain, a study found that GM maize “has caused a drastic reduction in organic cultivations of this grain and is making their coexistence practically impossible”.

You can’t trust GM companies

The big biotech firms pushing their GM foods have a terrible history of toxic contamination and public deception. GM is attractive to them because it gives them patents that allow monopoly control over the world’s food supply. They have taken to harassing and intimidating farmers for the “crime” of saving patented seed or “stealing” patented genes -- even if those genes got into the farmer’s fields through accidental contamination by wind or insects.

Sources:
bullet.gif
GM Watch February 2010
More gmo articles at mercola.com

You can argue all you want about "GMO" crops. Not the point i was here to make.

I'm mainly discussing the need to cite credible sources when discussing topics like this. Given that quite a bit of that NN article was "speculative" at best, I feel this highlights my point perfectly.

As for NN/Adams having "supporters" we really need to look at the cross section. Using scholastic search engines like Omnifile I can't find a single peer reviewed article which sites either Adams or his website as a reference (in a positive light). That alone speaks volumes.

Basically, If i were still an undergrad, I wouldn't expect to get an awesome grade if I was citing information from any of Adam's blogs.

Last edited:

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!
You can argue all you want about "GMO" crops. Not the point i was here to make.

I'm mainly discussing the need to cite credible sources when discussing topics like this. Given that quite a bit of that NN article was "speculative" at best, I feel this highlights my point perfectly.

As for NN/Adams having "supporters" we really need to look at the cross section. Using scholastic search engines like Omnifile I can't find a single peer reviewed article which sites either Adams or his website as a reference (in a positive light). That alone speaks volumes.

Basically, If i were still an undergrad, I wouldn't expect to get an awesome grade if I was citing information from any of Adam's blogs.

I'm reminded of the situation with Cannabis. The medical industry has been kind of dragged to their current,
conditional acceptance. Big pharma wants to sell chemical drugs, not plants. Views that contradict the mainstream are often ridiculed. Not all of them are false.

Caligula

Maximus
There's a difference between being blatantly fraudulent and having some opinions that go against the grain.

That being said, the mere fact that someone contradicts mainstream science/media/opinion doesn't make them right or free of ulterior motives.

lwien

According to one FAUX NEWS talking head, World Cup Soccer is a "liberal plot" by Obama. :mental:

Ya know what's kinda funny about that? On CNN's site, the World Cup has been the headline story all day today:

jyTLO9m.jpg

And this is the cover story on the Fox News site with no mention of the World Cup at all:

B8aDWx7.jpg

They just can't seem to get enough of this story. I'm beginning to think that they have been afflicted with mass OCD along with a plethora of other disorders.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't know enough about genetic manipulation to know if GMO products are dangerous or bad for me, but I sure as hell want GMO products to be labeled as such. Let the consumer decide. But the industry's resistance to labeling is suspicious enough to make me think they are not confident enough in their products to allow consumers to make that choice. I DO NOT want them foisted on me without my knowledge. Label them and I may use them.

[Faux News] I'm beginning to think that they have been afflicted with mass OCD along with a plethora of other disorders.

Beginning? Where ya been?

grokit

well-worn member
I'm not sure what to make of this, but if these are the same guys that are kicking ass in Iraq right now holy fucking shit. Evidently ISIS is an actual security corporation, like blackwater or whatever they're called these days. And all anybody had to do was google them...

Disentangling%20the%20Lies_html_2a5eefad.png

They have a web site and everything!

http://www.rense.com/general96/disentang.html

:worms:

Last edited:

cawshook

Solod out.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/30/world/meast/israel-missing-teenagers/index.html

There are atrocities being committed on both sides of this equation and to side with one, in my opinion, is just as wrong as siding with the other. Feel the same way with this whole Sunni/Shia shit that's been going on for centuries. The whole middle east is a total clusterfuck.
"On Tuesday, a chilling audio recording related to the Israeli teenagers' disappearance surfaced.
Israeli media outlets say it's an emergency call to police by one of the young men, 16-year-old Gilad Shaar, when he realized he'd been kidnapped on June 12.
"I've been abducted," he says in Hebrew on the static-filled recording.
The police officer on the other end of the line doesn't appear to immediately catch the words. He repeatedly says, "Hello?"
Another voice shouts, in Hebrew but with a possible Arabic accent, "Put your head down. Hands down!"
There is more shouting and what sounds like one of the teenagers crying out, "Ay! Ow!"
Another police officer then joins the call, asking, "Hello? Hello, Hello? Answer! Answer the phone, please. Where are you right now? Hello?"
Israeli authorities say they didn't leak the recording to the media and are declining to comment further."
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/02/world/meast/mideast-tensions/

And just before they pound the shit out of Gaza and kill hundreds of innocent people, they'll leak a "chilling audiotape".:doh:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I'm not sure what to make of this, but if these are the same guys that are kicking ass in Iraq right now holy fucking shit. Evidently ISIS is an actual security corporation, like blackwater or whatever they're called these days. And all anybody had to do was google them...

Disentangling%20the%20Lies_html_2a5eefad.png

They have a web site and everything!

http://www.rense.com/general96/disentang.html

:worms:

Not Even True. Wrong ISIS !

tuk

I don't know enough about genetic manipulation to know if GMO products are dangerous or bad...

Nobody does, thats the problem with GMO, it's a massive experiment involving the planet's food chain....nobody knows the long/short term effects, worst case scenario is absolute catastrophe for the natural world!

Just what the planet needs right now!

grokit

well-worn member
It actually amounts to a massive uncontrolled medical experiment on human beings, and the scenario is that the human population will be drastically reduced by malnutrition and the inability to reproduce.

grokit

well-worn member
^ a woman after my own heart!

This article about measles vaccinations is fully referenced, with footnotes from highly-credible sources like the cdc and hhs. The gist: "in actuality, it is the fully-vaccinated who are contracting measles"

And there's a ton of "official" disinformation about influenza vaccines and reported flu deaths, most of which are attributable to pneumonia. Here's some highlights:

▪ Influenza is a contagious viral respiratory infection, but death caused directly by the flu virus is very rare
The vast majority of so-called “flu deaths” are in fact due to bacterial pneumonia – a potential complication of the flu if your immune system is too weak
▪ Research, including master studies that compile the results from several studies to get a more objective result, keep arriving at the conclusion that flu vaccines do not work, and in many cases do more harm than good
The majority of flu vaccines contain thimerosal, which is 49 percent mercury by weight; some vaccines contain as much as 25 mcg of mercury per dose, which is 250 times the EPA’s safety limit for mercury
• During the 2012-2013 flu season, the flu vaccine's effectiveness was found to be just 56 percent across all age groups reviewed by the CDC —in essence, the statistical equivalent of a coin toss
• In average conditions, when a flu vaccine at least partially matches the circulating virus, 100 people need to be vaccinated in order to avoid just ONE set of influenza symptoms
Most deaths attributed to the flu are actually due to bacterial pneumonia, and these days, bacterial pneumonia can be effectively treated with advanced medical care and therapies like respirators and parenteral antibiotics
A “universal” flu vaccine under development is based on the finding that people who have more virus-killing immune cells, known as CD8 T cells, either don’t get sick or experience only mild flu symptoms
• While a vaccine can be used to stimulate the production of CD8 T cells, previous research shows that vitamin D is also known to have a direct immune-modulating effect on CD8 T cells
• State health department officials are increasingly joining with medical trade association lobbyists in many states to severely restrict or eliminate medical, religious and conscientious belief vaccine exemptions for all children. In Connecticut and New Jersey, mandates are already in place that force parents to give their six-month-old babies flu vaccine or be banned from daycare
• The CDC has been telling the public for nearly a decade that an estimated 36,000 people die from influenza in the U.S. every year. This number is grossly inaccurate as it includes not just influenza death cases, but also other respiratory, circulatory, cardiac and pulmonary deaths that potentially might have been associated with influenza
• A review of Vital Statistics data shows that since 1940, the highest number of influenza deaths recorded in a single year was 21,047 deaths in 1941. In fact, the mortality rate from influenza was not rising in the late 20th century – as the CDC has alleged. It was dropping.
• There were only between 600 and 750 influenza deaths recorded annually between 1995 and 1997. The most influenza deaths recorded in a single year since 1979 was about 2,900 deaths and that was in 2009, the H1N1 swine flu pandemic year! Yet CDC policymakers, along with drug company and medical trade association lobbyists have continuously been using inflated influenza hospitalization and mortality estimates to justify expanding the influenza vaccine market
• CDC does not require states to report individual seasonal flu cases or deaths of people older than 18 years of age. The CDC is not collecting the information they need to accurately assess influenza morbidity and mortality in the U.S.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/09/26/flu-vaccine-exposed.aspx
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/10/22/flu-vaccine-effectiveness.aspx
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a.../03/hype-vs-evidence-of-influenza-deaths.aspx

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
The spreading of "information" like this, is doing a huge disservice to humanity and is beyond borderline irresponsibility. I really hope its not your child (or worse mine due to actions/inactions of others) that becomes negatively effected by such dangerous propaganda.

On a related note, I also firmly believe that there is a special place in hell reserved for Andrew Wakefield and Jenny McCarthy.

Edit: I should at least address the article you posted. Your flaw is going off of a laymans article (from an obviously biased publisher) which takes actual cited information out of context. Again this is very dangerous since most people don't take the time or have the educational background to actually dig into the scientific citations provided.

182852_508087579261256_2130214309_n.jpg

I need to bow out before I get a forced vacation.

Last edited:

Chill Dude

I claim to be pro-science and anti propaganda and I am definitely pro vaccination. I have kids and I think it's ridiculous to potentially put them in harms way because some parents aren't believers that vaccinations as a whole do more good than harm for the health of society. On the other hand, although I'm undecided if GMO foods should be banned; my family does not consume any GMO engineered food. They're too many unknowns at this point to conclusively say they are safe and entirely benign to our health. For the time being, I'm probably okay with GMO foods to be sold as long as the FDA continues to require labeling all products that are genetically engineered.

Like I said I'm pro science, but it often takes many years and loads of clinical research to determine definitively whether a product is safe or not. Just because Monsanto says they're okay doesn't make it so. Monsanto is in the money business not the health business. Just my 2 cents...

grokit

well-worn member
The spreading of "information" like this, is doing a huge disservice to humanity and is beyond borderline irresponsibility. I really hope its not your child (or worse mine due to actions/inactions of others) that becomes negatively effected by such dangerous propaganda.

On a related note, I also firmly believe that there is a special place in hell reserved for Andrew Wakefield and Jenny McCarthy.

Edit: I should at least address the article you posted. Your flaw is going off of a laymans article (from an obviously biased publisher) which takes actual cited information out of context. Again this is very dangerous since most people don't take the time or have the educational background to actually dig into the scientific citations provided.

He's not a layman (like ourselves), he's a medical doctor. What I am concerned with are all of the medical problems and damage that the ingredients in these vaccines are causing to the most vulnerable in our society, particularily to our young children but also those that are old and already sick.

Your graphic points out quite clearly the established institutions protecting their vested financial interests, vs. the alternative media that wants to report the facts that the msm gate-keeps from us laymen.

It's no wonder that the populace is so polarized about so many things, as there are many competing sources of information. I'm okay with agreeing to disagree, but I think all sources should be considered.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
This is recent news, so I put it here. :) **No offense to anyone's religion. I am making a point that I hope everyone gets.

George Takei: What if Hobby Lobby was run by Muslims imposing Sharia law on workers?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/...-sharia-law-on-workers/#.U7QgakfYhsA.facebook

I was just telling my husband this exact same thing! Keep in mind, I was raised a Jehovah's Witness, and my mother would have let me DIE rather than let me take a blood transfusion. She almost died herself when I was 3 years old when she had a goiter operation and she refused blood for herself.

What if Hobby Lobby were run by Scientologists who don't believe in anti-depressants and the like?

What if Hobby Lobby were run by Christian Scientists who don't support medicine at all?

What if Hobby Lobby were run by Jehovah's Witnesses who don't believe in blood transfusions? **This includes organ transplants too, BTW, believe me, I know.

"It is against our religious beliefs to accept blood of any kind, so therefore, we cannot in good conscience pay for your blood transfusion either."

What if Hobby Lobby were run by Orthodox Jews or Muslims who oppose medicines made from pig products (thyroid meds and insulin, for starters)?

(I wouldn't be able to get my Thyroid medicine anymore)

What if Hobby Lobby were run by Hindus who oppose medicines made from Cow products?

Where is the line drawn? Seriously, where??

Last edited:

EveryDayAmnesiac

I heard the jury's still out on "science." :lol:

Last edited:

StickyShisha2

This is recent news, so I put it here. :) **No offense to anyone's religion. I am making a point that I hope

George Takei: What if Hobby Lobby was run by Muslims imposing Sharia law on workers?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/...-sharia-law-on-workers/#.U7QgakfYhsA.facebook

i'm going to start reading Takei's blog posts.

"Hobby Lobby is the same company that invests in Pfizer and Teva Pharmaceuticals, makers of abortion inducing-drugs and the morning after pill. It also buys most of its inventory from China, where forced abortions are common."

grokit

well-worn member
i'm going to start reading Takei's blog posts.

"Hobby Lobby is the same company that invests in Pfizer and Teva Pharmaceuticals, makers of abortion inducing-drugs and the morning after pill. It also buys most of its inventory from China, where forced abortions are common."
Lol, that's awesome, love the hypocrisy :lol:
Personally I never heard of hobby lobby before this latest fiasco, so the axiom about no publicity is bad publicity would seem to apply here. I think they will both lose, and gain some shoppers, more polarity!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
DEVELOPING STORY
'I just wish America
would be America again'

140701204304-immigrant-buses-0701-restricted-c1-main.jpg

Protesters in Murrieta, California, chanted "Go back home!" and blocked buses carrying 140 undocumented immigrants. A town meeting is scheduled for tonight. FULL STORY

Would protesters act this way if the immigrants were from Canada?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom