The NEWS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StickyShisha2

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
We are talking contraception here, not abortion. No ones life is being ended. Even if we were talking abortion it would be none of an employers business, but we are not. We are talking about PREVENTING PREGNANCIES and ELIMINATING ANY REASON FOR AN ABORTION!!!

This is fucking stupid!

cybrguy,
Reactions: macbill

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
This decision will create many more unwanted pregnancies and more abortions. So it's already getting more difficult to get abortions in some areas of the U.S.

There will be more need for foster families to help care for these unwanted children. More child abuse from parents that really don't want to be parents. The cycle goes on and on.

In my job every day I see children in unwanted families. They are living in poverty and not getting the love and attention that they need to grow up to be productive citizens. Many of these children are abused by frustrated unemployed or under paid parents. We live in a society where it costs a lot to get by in some areas of America. Rent and food costs are through the roof. Added many unwanted children to the mix and you have a huge disaster.

Hopefully a solution will come about to help with this. I read where the government may help to pay for low income contraceptives. Using contraceptives is not like abortions, I wish they wouldn't link it together. Some of these right winged groups are linked with the Teaparty.

Years ago if you were catholic you just kept on having children, because we know the rhythm method does not work. That's right Rude Boy, you only have sex to procreate not to have fun.

Last edited:

lwien

I'll bet my house that they're fucking liars and there are no missing teens. I bet it was all made up...........

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/30/world/meast/israel-missing-teenagers/index.html

There are atrocities being committed on both sides of this equation and to side with one, in my opinion, is just as wrong as siding with the other. Feel the same way with this whole Sunni/Shia shit that's been going on for centuries. The whole middle east is a total clusterfuck.

Last edited:

cawshook

Solod out.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/30/world/meast/israel-missing-teenagers/index.html

There are atrocities being committed on both sides of this equation and to side with one, in my opinion, is just as wrong as siding with the other. Feel the same way with this whole Sunni/Shia shit that's been going on for centuries. The whole middle east is a total clusterfuck.
Yeah, now watch them kill 300 Palestinians in retaliation. That's the thing about zionist they think 1 Jew is more valuable than hundreds on none Jews. I still wouldn't be surprised if it was made up bullshit. I've seen far too much of their ugly side to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm not saying I'm right, I know I'm biased because of my hate for Zionism.
The Sunni/Shia stuff is so complicated, but if you think the Zionists didn't have a hand in that too, you're dead wrong. Its divide and concur tactics. I promise you Its not like these people enjoying killing each other, believe it or not there where times of peace.

mestizo

We are talking contraception here, not abortion. No ones life is being ended. Even if we were talking abortion it would be none of an employers business, but we are not. We are talking about PREVENTING PREGNANCIES and ELIMINATING ANY REASON FOR AN ABORTION!!!

This is fucking stupid!
I'll say buy your own condoms, I do, and I have health insurance, the pill drives my wife crazy.

pigfoot

Dabs are vapor too!

This is fucking stupid!

This decision will create many more unwanted pregnancies and more abortions. So it's already getting more difficult to get abortions in some areas of the U.S.

So there will be more need for foster families to help care for these unwanted children. More child abuse from parents that really don't want to be parents. The cycle goes on and on.

In my job every day I see children in unwanted families. They are living in poverty and not getting the love and attention that they need to grow up to be productive citizens. Many of these children are abused by frustrated unemployed or under paid parents. We live in a society where it costs a lot to get by in some areas of America. Rent and food costs are through the roof. Added many unwanted children to the mix and you have a huge disaster.

Hopefully a solution will come about to help with this. I read where the government may help to pay for low income contraceptives. Using contraceptives is not like abortions, I wish they wouldn't link it together. Some of these right winged groups are linked with the Teaparty.

Years ago if you were catholic you just kept on having children, because we know the rhythm method does not work. That's right Rude Boy, you only have sex to procreate not to have fun.

C'mon guys, it's not like these people can't get contraceptives, their insurance just won't pay for them.

lwien

I think the government will end up subsidizing those who can't get contraceptives on their employer insurance policies.

lwien,
Reactions: macbill

cawshook

Solod out.
There are Sunnis and Shiites living in peace right now in Lebanon, ksa, Iran, Jordan, ect.
Iraq collapsed mainly because of US policy. They took Saddam Hussein sunni controlled Iraq, handed it over to al Malaki Shiites who oppressed and imprisoned Sunnis and claimed they did it all democratically in a joke elections. A sudden massive powershift will not cause stability in that region, but hey as long as contractors are making their money and the media is feeding us that "the middle east is just a clusterfuck" mentality voters won't even give it a second thought. Meanwhile decades of war are damaging the next generation...

grokit

well-worn member
^ This is part of the reason why libya had to be bombed back to the stone age, we can't have people getting along over there because scorch the earth & divide and conquer is our main strategy in the muddled east.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Also, some people may be buying birth control pills without using insurance: for example, someone who doesn’t want to tell her parents that she wants birth control pills.

How Much Do Birth Control Pills Cost?

We did a survey of cash or self-pay birth control prices at New York area pharmacies in late April, in connection with a project about prices of birth control pills and mammograms, and here’s what we found:

• Aviane, cash prices ranging from $20 to $45 for a monthly pack
  • Gianvi, $45 to $74
  • Loestrin 24FE, $48 to $116
  • Lutera, $19 to $40
  • Ocella, $40 to $80
  • Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo 28, $37 to $162
  • Tri-Nessa 28, $16 to $49
  • Tri-Sprintec 28, $12 to $49
  • Yasmin-28, $80 to $105
  • Yaz-28, $65 to $130
For people on low incomes these prices are a lot, depending on the brand too. Some women's bodies respond better with certain brands, they can't just use the cheapest. Planned Parenthood has cheaper options if they are located close by.

Last edited:

mestizo

Now you got me thinking, why aren't condoms covered by insurance companies?
I see a case if discrimination here, maybe I should hire a lawyer and take this to the SCOTUS.

mestizo,

grokit

well-worn member
:uhh:
Not good enough for chinese livestock, but okay for doritos?

China halts GMO grain imports from the U.S

China-Map-Close-Up-Country.jpg

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 by: J. D. Heyes
Tags: China, grain imports, GMOs
(NaturalNews) The Chinese government has suspended issuance of permits to import American-produced animal feed ingredients made from corn, according to three trading executives who talked of the development with Bloomberg BusinessWeek.

'Not a total surprise'
"It looks like the government is determined to stop any form of corn imports from the U.S.," said Shi, whose company is based in Shanghai.

...a total of 2,000 MT [of] unapproved GM DDGS had been rejected by Chinese quarantine officials, GMO Watch noted... The group says that, in the long run, Chinese analysts see a win-win. While short-term loss of DDGS supplies will be a hardship, in the longer term they believe U.S. farmers will have to begin producing more non-GMO corn, in order to comply with China's import standards.

http://www.naturalnews.com/045812_China_grain_imports_GMOs.html
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-06-09/china-said-to-suspend-import-permits-for-corn-product

Caligula

Maximus
:uhh:
Not good enough for chinese livestock, but okay for doritos?

China halts GMO grain imports from the U.S

China-Map-Close-Up-Country.jpg

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 by: J. D. Heyes
Tags: China, grain imports, GMOs
(NaturalNews) The Chinese government has suspended issuance of permits to import American-produced animal feed ingredients made from corn, according to three trading executives who talked of the development with Bloomberg BusinessWeek.

'Not a total surprise'
"It looks like the government is determined to stop any form of corn imports from the U.S.," said Shi, whose company is based in Shanghai.

...a total of 2,000 MT [of] unapproved GM DDGS had been rejected by Chinese quarantine officials, GMO Watch noted... The group says that, in the long run, Chinese analysts see a win-win. While short-term loss of DDGS supplies will be a hardship, in the longer term they believe U.S. farmers will have to begin producing more non-GMO corn, in order to comply with China's import standards.

http://www.naturalnews.com/045812_China_grain_imports_GMOs.html
http://www.businessweek.com/news/2014-06-09/china-said-to-suspend-import-permits-for-corn-product

I actually happen to know a little bit about this topic, and I have to say that quite a bit of this story is misleading.

The truth of the matter is that China gives 0 fucks about "GMO" corn. In fact they allow all sorts of GMO food products. The technical (read: official) issue here is that Chinese inspectors found an "unapproved GMO strain" in shipments which lead them to reject it.

Now the thing here is that this hasn't been an issue (due to lax or non existing regulatory procedures) until recently when China decided to start enforcing these rules and procedures (which have been in place for a while) almost overnight.

Why is this you ask? Because "GMO" crops are "bad" and the Chinese government, in their benevolent wisdom, decided to start protecting their populous from its evils?

LOL.

No, because their corn market is flooded with cheap surplus from places like the Ukraine, and their politicians are using this to control cheap imports... you know, like our (US) government subsidized corn.

I like their spin on it though. Makes the Chinese seem all noble whilst spreading anti-GMO propaganda. I mean, it's only the evil Americans that act as puppet masters in the global economy, right?

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Also, I know I've brought this up before but it bears repeating... vetting your sources is very important:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NaturalNews

David Gorski of ScienceBlogs called the site "one of the most wretched hives of scum and quackery on the Internet," and the most "blatant purveyor of the worst kind of quackery and paranoid anti-physician and anti-medicine conspiracy theories anywhere on the Internet".[18] Peter Bowditch of the website Ratbags,[19] and Jeff McMahon writing for Forbes commented about the site.[20] Steven Novella of NeuroLogica Blog called NaturalNews "a crank alt med site that promotes every sort of medical nonsense imaginable. If it is unscientific, antiscientific, conspiracy-mongering, or downright silly, Mike Adams appears to be all for it – whatever sells the "natural" products he hawks on his site."[6]

Individuals who commented about Adams' website include astronomer and blogger Phil Plait,[21] PZ Myers,[22] and Mark Hoofnagle.[10]Brian Dunning listed it as #1 on his "Top 10 Worst Anti-Science Websites" list.[23] Adams is listed as a "promoter of questionable methods" by Quackwatch.[24] Robert T. Carrollat The Skeptic's Dictionary said, "Natural News is not a very good source for information. If you don't trust me on this, go to Respectful Insolence or any of the other bloggers on ScienceBlogs and do a search for "Natural News" or "Mike Adams" (who is NaturalNews). Hundreds of entries will be found and not one of them will have a good word to say about Mike Adams as a source."[25]

After Patrick Swayze's death in 2009, Adams posted an article in which he remarked that Swayze, in dying, "joins many other celebrities who have been recently killed by pharmaceuticals or chemotherapy."[26]Commentators of Adams' article on Patrick Swayze included bloggers such as David Gorski[27] and Phil Plait, the latter of whom called Adams' commentary "obnoxious and loathsome."[28] When Angelina Jolieunderwent a double mastectomy in May 2013 because she had the BRCA1 gene, Adams stated that "Countless millions of women carry the BRCA1 gene and never express breast cancer because they lead healthy, anti-cancer lifestyles based on smart nutrition, exercise, sensible sunlight exposure and avoidance of cancer-causing chemicals."[29]Gorski called the article "vile" and noted that Adams had written similarly themed articles about the death of Michael Jackson, Tony Snow, and Tim Russert.[30]

In 2014, Brian Palmer, writing in the Daily Herald of Arlington Heights, Illinois, criticized the site's promotion of alternative medicine treatments, such as bathing in Himalayan saltand eating Hijiki seaweed, and referred to the claims NaturalNews made about their efficacy as "preposterous."[31]

Shawn Lawrence Otto mentions the site, specifically its discussion of the Vioxxcontroversy, in his list of references in his book Fool Me Twice, and New York Timesreporter Christopher Kelly has mentioned Adams' endorsement of Jim Marrs' books.[32]

Mentions by scientistsEdit

Brian Dunning, as noted above, pointed out that NaturalNews is very influential, saying "For its frighteningly large influence, and abysmal quality of information, it earns the #1 spot on this list [of anti-science websites]." This influence has led peer-reviewed papers to mention it, for example,

Wayne Parrott of the University of Georgiain the journal New Biotechnology wrote an article defending genetically modified food and, as an example of the allegations he was addressing, included a NaturalNews article.[33]Maureen Watson et al. wrote an article in the Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health regarding the HPV vaccineGardasil in South Australia, and used a 2007 article on NaturalNews as an example of fear-mongering on this topic.[34]Neil Seeman et al. in the Canadian journal Healthcare Quarterly published a study called "Assessing and Responding in Real Time to Online Anti-vaccine Sentiment during a Flu Pandemic." NaturalNews has a long history of criticizing the flu vaccine as ineffective and dangerous. In appendix 1, they outline 20 search results about the safety of the H1N1vaccine; an article on NaturalNews[35]appeared as #16 on the list

grokit

well-worn member
Adams has his share of supporters as well as detractors, just like any disruptor of the established order of things. And the established order of things is obviously in need of the disruption it is currently undergoing.

Also there are plenty of other credible sources of information that agree with him.

"When bugs take a bite of the GM plant, the toxin from the plant splits open their stomach and kills them."

It destroys the stomach linings of susceptible humans as well. Fuck gmo corn. It's got bt toxin engineered right into it and the eu, along with dozens of other countries won't feed it to their livestock either.

So it's not just the chinese (& russians) that are refusing our corn. Enjoy your doritos :tup:

10 Reasons to Avoid Genetically Modified Foods:

GM foods won’t solve the food crisis

A 2008 World Bank report concluded that increased biofuel production (crops grown for fuel rather than food) is the major cause of the increase in food prices. GM giant Monsanto has been at the heart of the lobbying for biofuels -- while profiting enormously from the resulting food crisis and using it as a PR opportunity to promote GM foods!

GM crops do not increase yield potential
Despite the promises, GM has not increased the yield potential of any commercialized crops. In fact, studies show that the most widely grown GM crop, GM soy, has suffered reduced yields.

GM crops increase pesticide use
U.S. government data shows that in the U.S., GM crops have produced an overall increase, not decrease, in pesticide use compared to conventional crops.

There are better ways to feed the world
A major UN/World Bank-sponsored report compiled by 400 scientists and endorsed by 58 countries concluded that GM crops have little to offer global agriculture and the challenges of poverty, hunger, and climate change, because better alternatives are available.

Other farm technologies are more successful
Integrated Pest Management and other innovative low-input or organic methods of controlling pests and boosting yields have proven highly effective, particularly in the developing world.

GM foods have not been shown to be safe to eat
Genetic modification is a crude and imprecise way of incorporating foreign genetic material into crops, with unpredictable consequences. The resulting GM foods have undergone little rigorous and no long-term safety testing, but animal feeding tests have shown worrying health effects.

Stealth GMOs in animal feed -- without consumers’ consent

Meat, eggs and dairy products from animals raised on the millions of tons of GM feed imported into Europe do not have to be labeled. Some studies show that if GM crops are fed to animals, GM material can appear in the resulting products, and that the animals’ health can be affected.

GM crops are a long-term economic disaster for farmers

A 2009 report showed that GM seed prices in America have increased dramatically, cutting average farm incomes for U.S. farmers growing GM crops.

GM and non-GM cannot co-exist

GM contamination of conventional and organic food is increasing. An unapproved GM rice that was grown for only one year in field trials was found to have extensively contaminated the U.S. rice supply and seed stocks. In Canada, the organic oilseed rape industry has been destroyed by contamination from GM rape. In Spain, a study found that GM maize “has caused a drastic reduction in organic cultivations of this grain and is making their coexistence practically impossible”.

You can’t trust GM companies

The big biotech firms pushing their GM foods have a terrible history of toxic contamination and public deception. GM is attractive to them because it gives them patents that allow monopoly control over the world’s food supply. They have taken to harassing and intimidating farmers for the “crime” of saving patented seed or “stealing” patented genes -- even if those genes got into the farmer’s fields through accidental contamination by wind or insects.

Sources:
bullet.gif
GM Watch February 2010
More gmo articles at mercola.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom