The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
@mitchgo61 I use the exact same method, for at work loads I put around .05 in there with the pad in top everytime. Is annoying to take in and out but sometimes it comes out stuck to the cu or recently I've pried a strip of steel wire off the top for easy removal. I killed one of my brand new liquid pads by putting a few loads of crumble and not removing till next day, I ripped it apart trying to get it out. I just vaped on a bowl without the pad, i filled it up so I could get a few sessions tonight with same load. Not producing a lot of vapor but flavor and effect are there, best flavor yet with mighty! The pad on top flower pumps crazy vapor

I try to remove the pad while the unit is still warm....it's a lot easier than waiting for it to cool. And harden. :2c:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
2w6azpc.jpg

Mighty and Co.

Mr. Me2

Been enjoying my mighty since i got it back, although I have to say I've been a bit disappointed in terms of the effects. It seems to be weaker.

I hooked up my MFLB hose to the mighty tip and get decent rips through the water pipe. But the bowl seems to barely last at all. However the herb is cooked.

Can anyone point me in the direction of making a muzzmod/ whatever is the preferred method of water-cooling for our beloved Mighty? I've looked all over and can't find a guide or the like.

Cheers.

P.S. Do you guys use the liquid pad for microdosing? If so, do you put the pad below or above the herb. Regardless, I'm about to order the capsules based on what's been said about them.
To microdose (or at least reduce oven load size) people here use various methods. The pad is one method (placed on top of load).

In place of a pad, I use a traditional pipe screen with a wedge cut it so it looks like pac man. Pull the edges together so it makes a cone shape. Then use it like the pad on top of your load.

Some here have created a cu mod by attaching an elb basket (I think). I know there are pics here or in the Crafty thread. It looks like a great approach but I haven't tried that one yet. I'm sure others will chime in on this method.

Hope this helps. Keep enjoying your new toy!

Mr. Me2,
Reactions: nb8475

nb8475

@Mr. Me2 Cheers. I have been using the pad on top method but one vid mentioned putting the herb on top so I tried it.

It worked alright but did not cook it as well. Prefer pad on top.

Just ordered my dosing capsules. Only thing holding me back was the 8$ shipping fee which seems overpriced. Whatever I guess. Should be worth it given the good reviews its gotten.

MonkeyTime

They are telling you that you have a 'free' option, which means they'll replace the housing at minimum. Apparently they see battery weakness and are suggesting not only that those be replaced, but maybe some cleaning, as you had mentioned earlier that you didn't bother to clean it before sending it in. From what I've read here, folks who send in dirty units are often on the path to less-than-optimal response from service.

This is not accurate. You refused to pay and got something; a working unit back in the mail. S&B does not owe anyone 'new' replacements. They are essentially only obligated to give you a functional unit through the warranty period, assuming no abuse of course.

So, you refused to pay and they 'fixed what they had to'. Sounds like you have a functional vape.

I've also enjoyed great cs from this company, through 3 warranty claims; even ponied up for a battery once, but I'm still on the same warranty ride and loving my Crafty-now-Mighty.

Sorry bout the muzzmod, though at least I can feel less lonely, as I've only really seen one other member (now you also) reporting the glue failure besides me (2x, after lots of high temp use). In my opinion as an experienced cabinet maker, yes the torque is a factor, along with the different rates of expansion/contraction during wild heat swings that the glass, epoxy and 'plastic' that comprise the mod are subject to. Perhaps this is an item that should only be installed/removed when completely cool, this would put less stress on it.
I'll add that I don't feel any health risk from this 'glue failure'; it remains inert, just a little separated from the glass. I'm back to simply attaching a tube to the Mighty mouthpiece. The water piece stays a little cleaner longer...
...AND the dosing caps, while they have nothing to do with the muzzmod topic, seem to boost the experience, so that's a new treat. I'm starting to think there's something to the idea that they allow a little more convection, and less conduction. Not sure how that can be confirmed, but I'm liking the taste and vape quality! The sessions seem to have a more definite ending and don't devolve into those few non-tasty hits.
Unfortunately, the club has another member. My first muzzmod separated long after I stopped thinking about it. I used a lot more JB Weld, so much that I had to Dremel some off so it turned freely. I'll probably just make another so I can rotate them.

Now back to reading and catching up lol.

Healthy green all,

MonkeyTime,
Reactions: vapviking

nb8475

Unfortunately, the club has another member. My first muzzmod separated long after I stopped thinking about it. I used a lot more JB Weld, so much that I had to Dremel some off so it turned freely. I'll probably just make another so I can rotate them.

Now back to reading and catching up lol.

Healthy green all,

I assume in quoting the message you quoted you're implying that you've had to send your unit in. The text you quoted was directed at me, and I received a new unit. Don't despair.

nb8475,

wildything

Regarding building a muzzmod, does regular jb weld work or do I need the high heat version?

wildything,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Mr. Me2 Cheers. I have been using the pad on top method but one vid mentioned putting the herb on top so I tried it.

It worked alright but did not cook it as well. Prefer pad on top.

Just ordered my dosing capsules. Only thing holding me back was the 8$ shipping fee which seems overpriced. Whatever I guess. Should be worth it given the good reviews its gotten.
Of you order over 25, it's free shipping...

I ordered the caps, the magazine and the pads for 27 USD free 2 day shipping.

Totally worth it!

MonkeyTime

Think he is referring to muzzmod failure. If you find a way to prevent failure let me know, seems heat and use degrades it over time. On my third time putting it back together. Hopefully this one last longer as i used more JB Weld then before.

Yeah, I was referring to the muzzmod separating. I had to send my Crafty in once, the second time I sent it in I upgraded to the Mighty and couldn't be happier. That is until my Grasshoppers show up.... and I keep hearing about the Miilana or however it's speeled. I'm really happy with the Mighty, but I caught someone's VAS and can't seem to shake it.

newbie747

Thanks for sharing. I have been using the alfa but I find it gets too hot during use. I like it because I can take many shorter draws and still get a good vape cloud. I'm now really interested in the Mighty but I wanted to ask you if it got hot as well and if I can take multiple shorter draws and still get a good vape cloud?

HbO2YtT.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for sharing the picture. I have currently been udimg
4"]Just thought I'd share this shot of my mighty from the other day. Couldn't be happier with this guy. Dosing capsules incoming.

HbO2YtT.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for sharing the picture - looks great

newbie747,

cloudsosmoke

thats the rare blue-headed mighty - native only to the Americas

the more common all-black mighty is what you usually see ..they have breeding grounds in central Europe and the western coast of USA

im hoping to see an albino mighty at some point

uhranium

Thats a nice idea. Putting out the mighty case in different colors. I'd take a Banana Jim yellow for happy times and a piney green for late night adventures

34pqE6l.jpg

uhranium,

jdent3

I am extremely dissapointed with S and B right now. I ordered the magazine and 40 capsules from them. The order came to $27.80 Canadian shipped to Canada with UPS. Today UPS came to deliver and wanted $16.50 in duty and tax. I asked why and they said the package value was listed at $40. I didn't pay anywhere near $40 for the capsules and now with the duty and tax the capsules cost me $43. I wouldn't of even ordered them if I knew S and B was going to jack the package value up. The discrepency in value could be the difference between paying nothing and paying $16.50.

jdent3,

nb8475

I am extremely dissapointed with S and B right now. I ordered the magazine and 40 capsules from them.

While I understand your frustration, perhaps this is not something S&B could forseen and is something enforced by your government to adjust for different currency valuations. The package is listed as 40$ CAD because 40$ CAD = ~27$ USD. So you are really paying the same as everyone else. S&B should probably standardize the prices on their site. Let them know for sure.

Sasquatch_Jr

While I understand your frustration, perhaps this is not something S&B could forseen and is something enforced by your government to adjust for different currency valuations. The package is listed as 40$ CAD because 40$ CAD = ~27$ USD. So you are really paying the same as everyone else. S&B should probably standardize the prices on their site. Let them know for sure.

He said he paid $27 CAD, no idea where they'd get $40 CAD.

The issue here isn't S&B or the government it's that UPS are fuckers and randomly charge exorbitant "brokerage fees" for carrying things over the border. I always thought carrying it over the border was part of what you're paying for with the shipping fees but they sometimes like to pretend they're ticketmaster.

Strangely I also paid $27 CAD for a magazine and some caps and had my ordered shipped UPS from S&B Germany. No extra charges for me though. They didn't even knock on my door, they just shoved it through the mail slot and left.

stonedbob

100% THC
Can somebody recommend any cheap bubbler for Mighty that fits easily? Never tried one before, and I dont want to spend alot of money on piece of glass..

stonedbob,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
No, but it looks mandatory for bubblers :p
But this http://delta3dstudios.com/14mmcrafty-vaporizer-mouthpiece-to-waterpipe-adapter/ looks cheaper, its as good?
The first one that @Vapor King recommended bypasses the cooling unit...

By doing so, it strengthens the vapor slightly.

The one you posted is the one I have, it just goes on the end but still utilizes the cooling unit.

The good thing about it is it works for a host of other vapes as well!

For glass the cheap place is dh gate or the classifieds, there should be a glass dedicated thread too.

MinnBobber

@yonatanil ,

I much prefer the @Ratchett accessories with the ability to work on 14 AND 18 mm fittings.
NEARLY UNIVERSAL VAPE TO WATERPIPE ADAPTER (MEDIUM)
IcoRating5.png
4 product reviews
$16.00

IMG_7059__64154.1441280375.200.200.JPG

It has a taper to work on either size!

His bigger adapter which replaces the cooling unit (linked a couple posts up) , also works on 14 or 18.
Both work great--just depends if you wish to use CU or not, want a medium sized accessory or the tiny adapter---- or both :)

Top Bottom