The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
What's general consensus on the capsules? Good product?

I ask, because I love my Mighty. Going to clean the bowl and buy a brand new CU but it is the most desktop hitting portable from my experiences....have a family reunion in July. They aren't bud friendly really...else id bring the EVO for the condo....but I think a jyarz or two each of preloaded capsules may be perfect. I will be able to have a session each morning for 7 days....figure 2 or 3 a night. May just toss them even.

I'm house sitting for a friends brothers wedding. Stopped the enail today to maintain a better smell. The mighty on the porch is great!
Yes I like the capsules alot. They make it really easy to dose effectivley.

The cool thing is after I empty the magazine (8 sessions) the mighty is nearly dead.

So it's kinda like a battery monitor too

vapviking

Old & In the Way
What's general consensus on the capsules? Good product?

I ask, because I love my Mighty. Going to clean the bowl and buy a brand new CU but it is the most desktop hitting portable from my experiences....have a family reunion in July. They aren't bud friendly really...else id bring the EVO for the condo....but I think a jyarz or two each of preloaded capsules may be perfect. I will be able to have a session each morning for 7 days....figure 2 or 3 a night. May just toss them even.

I'm house sitting for a friends brothers wedding. Stopped the enail today to maintain a better smell. The mighty on the porch is great!
Thumb's up on the capsules for out and about and special situations. And the magazine/holder for them!
Bowl stays nice and clean!
I like multiple magazines with full caps, leave the fill tool and jarz at home!
I put the spent caps back in the magazine without emptying them, deal with it when convenient.
Definitely re-usable, they get easier to open/close after a couple of times.

Edit: On this topic, the magazine lid-as-funnel is a cool feature. I've been filling with a spoon and/or straight from grinder but just today filled a batch with the funnel again. Less mess, less handling of caps (big fingers!). Set an empty cap on table, put funnel on top -now you can hold the funnel instead of the cap, fill with small spoon and tamp with fingertip. Lift off funnel and there sits the capsule ready to place lid on. Smooth process, of course it's not the only way, etc., but it is one of those little things about S&B design that actually is a pleasure to use.

Last edited:

Michel

Hello mighty fellows, long time no see! Some of the first owners might remember me... Just wanted to step by and say mighty is on his 4th RMA soon. I contacted S&B and asked for a reset of the warranty period which was clearly denied. Since I'm not trusting mighty anymore to survive more than 1/2 a year and the warranty will expire soon, I asked my reseller for a refund then. I warned S&B Germany I'll be asking for a refund if they won't reset the warranty period but they didn't really care but proposed me an upgrade for a volcano digit for small money.

I'm actually arguing with the reseller who wants me to resolve the issue with S&B directly what won't going to happen.

I tried to be nice and informed them about the EU (or German?) consumer laws. If a device fails more than 3 times in the warranty period you can ask for a complete refund and get your money back; so actually only asking for a prolonged warranty period was quite nice from my part. I guess now I want my money back and I'll see if I go for the grasshopper, another mighty or give up on the whole mobile-vape-battery-pita and go completely flame-powered in the future... No electronics to fail, complete temperature range, fast heat up and instant refilling of the ligthers. And thankfully I havent sold the MV yet which never left me down since Hermes worked out the faulty heaters. It kept me very well medicated in combination with the vapman those days without the mighty (crafty battery is to weak already).

I should add I only warranted devices if they we're completely unusable. I never sent a S&B portable back if I still could pull clouds from it. I have a replacement crafty where vibration died after 5h and I'm on already 102h now. If I would persist on a new device each time the old one failed I would have gone through 6 or even more mighty's and a few crafty's, too. Some combusting friends are calling them disposable vaporizers now since even the included brush is exceeding mighty's lifetime...

jdent3

Has anyone ordered the capsules from s &b to Canada? I want to order them but don't want to get hit with a $20 brokerage fee. What shipping carrier does S&B use and will I get hit with fees?

jdent3,

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Just fucking around I tried a couple of basket screens, like those on the top of the DDave mod or ELBs. They work very well for micro loads in the mighty. They also allow for 100% convection because the conduction portion is taken away. With a dome screen on top it even locks onto the top and can load even less.
Try it out for a few buck if you want to :)

0B9FC578-426C-4C20-896B-8FEA56F8EC48.jpg

1F059558-9F79-4EC2-8FBF-6B3790B394A9.jpg

5595910E-0674-46C3-B7C0-40BA76782E62.jpg

1D4C943E-4EB5-48BB-A274-5C390400FDE8.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321771818781?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Well I did it. I burned my finger with the dosage capsules. It was bound to happen. I picked it up after I dumped it out trying to remove the lid. That fucker gets real hot. And I spilt ABV all over when I finally did get it open.

But it does appear to provide amazing efficiency.

newVaper420,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Whoops too late to edit my previous post. Sorry for the back to back.

Now that I went to sleep and my finger recovered, how do people deal with the capsules when they are on the go? You can't empty into your hand because it's way too hot. What's the proper procedure? Also, did anyone notice that if you take the lid off a capsule, you can put it in the center of the magazine and then screw the top on and fill the capsule that way?

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Whoops too late to edit my previous post. Sorry for the back to back.

Now that I went to sleep and my finger recovered, how do people deal with the capsules when they are on the go? You can't empty into your hand because it's way too hot. What's the proper procedure? Also, did anyone notice that if you take the lid off a capsule, you can put it in the center of the magazine and then screw the top on and fill the capsule that way?
I've noticed that, but still haven't found it useful...yet.

I use the lid of the magazine to dump a hot capsule on...after 30 seconds it's cool enough for me to deal with.

I've also dumped it on the ground when out and about too...let it sit by my foot until I loaded a new capsule, when I was done and went to grab it it cooled down enough too

Get well soon.

JJ Cool F

Hello mighty fellows, long time no see! Some of the first owners might remember me... Just wanted to step by and say mighty is on his 4th RMA soon. I contacted S&B and asked for a reset of the warranty period which was clearly denied. Since I'm not trusting mighty anymore to survive more than 1/2 a year and the warranty will expire soon, I asked my reseller for a refund then. I warned S&B Germany I'll be asking for a refund if they won't reset the warranty period but they didn't really care but proposed me an upgrade for a volcano digit for small money.

I'm actually arguing with the reseller who wants me to resolve the issue with S&B directly what won't going to happen.

I tried to be nice and informed them about the EU (or German?) consumer laws. If a device fails more than 3 times in the warranty period you can ask for a complete refund and get your money back; so actually only asking for a prolonged warranty period was quite nice from my part. I guess now I want my money back and I'll see if I go for the grasshopper, another mighty or give up on the whole mobile-vape-battery-pita and go completely flame-powered in the future... No electronics to fail, complete temperature range, fast heat up and instant refilling of the ligthers. And thankfully I havent sold the MV yet which never left me down since Hermes worked out the faulty heaters. It kept me very well medicated in combination with the vapman those days without the mighty (crafty battery is to weak already).

I should add I only warranted devices if they we're completely unusable. I never sent a S&B portable back if I still could pull clouds from it. I have a replacement crafty where vibration died after 5h and I'm on already 102h now. If I would persist on a new device each time the old one failed I would have gone through 6 or even more mighty's and a few crafty's, too. Some combusting friends are calling them disposable vaporizers now since even the included brush is exceeding mighty's lifetime...

Sorry to hear about all your S&B issues, Michel.

Have you considered dumping the Mighty and getting the GC Minivap? Since you already have the TC, all you would need is the GC heater (without all the extras).

Because of the slight conduction properties of the GC MV over the TC (from what I've read), it might have a similar vape signature to the 'hybrid' Mighty.

JJ Cool F,
Reactions: Michel

phried

Just fucking around I tried a couple of basket screens, like those on the top of the DDave mod or ELBs. They work very well for micro loads in the mighty. They also allow for 100% convection because the conduction portion is taken away. With a dome screen on top it even locks onto the top and can load even less.
Try it out for a few buck if you want to :)

0B9FC578-426C-4C20-896B-8FEA56F8EC48.jpg

1F059558-9F79-4EC2-8FBF-6B3790B394A9.jpg

5595910E-0674-46C3-B7C0-40BA76782E62.jpg

1D4C943E-4EB5-48BB-A274-5C390400FDE8.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321771818781?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I just had the very same idea last night, but didn't want to screw up my Mighty. Thanks for inspiring some confidence to try it out! I have both screens (stock & DDave) - time to start experimenting.

phried,

Eatrocks

I've been trying to use mighty for this nice crumble I got...i couldnt get decent effects since I can't clear a dab in the mighty, it takes many hits. I've ruined a liquid pad fishing it out of the chamber after a wax bowl, gotta warm it up before pulling it out, the reclaim stuff melts thru the pad and sticks to the chamber walls....

Its not worth using mighty for it, so I bought a dual quartz yocan pen for 15 bucks...hopefully i can clear a dab in one or 2 hits with it.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@Eatrocks the mighty is a concentrate sipper for sure.

If you want something to clear a dab in one hit...there is a thread for that.

I suggest a temp control mod like the evic mini and get a rebuild able RDA. ($35)

I use stainless steel wire twisted around a ceramic wick...that shit will put you on your ass! ($20 for entire setup)

For days I want multi hit dabs I use the same mod with a devine tribe ceramic dognut ($15)

Edit

It's the last one at 6:45.

Didn't get too good of an exhale shot IMO

This is the ceramic dognut in action
(All from one dab)

Last edited:

Eatrocks

@Eatrocks the mighty is a concentrate sipper for sure.

If you want something to clear a dab in one hit...there is a thread for that.

I suggest a temp control mod like the evic mini and get a rebuild able RDA. ($35)

I use stainless steel wire twisted around a ceramic wick...that shit will put you on your ass! ($20 for entire setup)

For days I want multi hit dabs I use the same mod with a devine tribe ceramic dognut ($15)

Edit

It's the last one at 6:45.

Didn't get too good of an exhale shot IMO

This is the ceramic dognut in action
(All from one dab)

Yea i got a couple RDAs laying around...as well as kanthal... i couldnt get into the rda/tank scene...i use old school low resistance 510 attys, they are getting harder to find

I did enjoy a few bowls of gg#4 with some og fire crumble on top underneath a liquid pad.

I kno it's two different things, the vape pens burn ur wax, the vapes like mighty vaporize.

Eatrocks,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Yea i got a couple RDAs laying around...as well as kanthal... i couldnt get into the rda/tank scene...i use old school low resistance 510 attys, they are getting harder to find

I did enjoy a few bowls of gg#4 with some og fire crumble on top underneath a liquid pad.

I kno it's two different things, the vape pens burn ur wax, the vapes like mighty vaporize.
The new temp control mods don't give your wax that burnt taste at all...worth looking into!

Concentrate sandwiches go well with mighty as well though.

Michel

Sorry to hear about all your S&B issues, Michel.

Have you considered dumping the Mighty and getting the GC Minivap? Since you already have the TC, all you would need is the GC heater (without all the extras).

Because of the slight conduction properties of the GC MV over the TC (from what I've read), it might have a similar vape signature to the 'hybrid' Mighty.

Yes, I already thought of replacing the mighty with the gcmv, but I think a little more variety in my vape arsenal couldn't harm. From what I have read so far the decarb kit- which I own already- should give a similar experience to the GC. I also love the tcmv for not cooking the load while just standing there waiting patiently for some attention which wouldn't work so well with the GC obviously.

I still love the portability and easiness the mighty offers. The MV isn't a true portable imo, more a battery powered desktop. It needs so many spare parts when the mighty only needs the charger if out and about!

Btw, I managed to get a refund. The reseller where I bought the mighty 1,5 years ago is taking it back. So I'll get a new mighty with new warranty. We'll see how many times it will bite the dust in the next 24 months...

I've been trying to use mighty for this nice crumble I got...i couldnt get decent effects since I can't clear a dab in the mighty, it takes many hits. I've ruined a liquid pad fishing it out of the chamber after a wax bowl, gotta warm it up before pulling it out, the reclaim stuff melts thru the pad and sticks to the chamber walls....

Its not worth using mighty for it, so I bought a dual quartz yocan pen for 15 bucks...hopefully i can clear a dab in one or 2 hits with it.

The new temp control mods don't give your wax that burnt taste at all...worth looking into!

Concentrate sandwiches go well with mighty as well though.

The mighty can deliver dab-like hits with some effort, even if it's not possible to clear the bowl at once (I think, I never really tried it). I preheat the mighty to max. temperatures without CU while putting a dab on the liquid pad. Then I load and close the bowl with the aid of the CU pretty fast. The dab is sitting towards the heater while using the mighty upside down to prevent resin running down into the unit. This gives me massive and huge clouds. There isn't a vape in my arsenal which can keep up with the mighty when it's about carbon- based extracts!

Eatrocks

Yes, I already thought of replacing the mighty with the gcmv, but I think a little more variety in my vape arsenal couldn't harm. From what I have read so far the decarb kit- which I own already- should give a similar experience to the GC. I also love the tcmv for not cooking the load while just standing there waiting patiently for some attention which wouldn't work so well with the GC obviously.

I still love the portability and easiness the mighty offers. The MV isn't a true portable imo, more a battery powered desktop. It needs so many spare parts when the mighty only needs the charger if out and about!

Btw, I managed to get a refund. The reseller where I bought the mighty 1,5 years ago is taking it back. So I'll get a new mighty with new warranty. We'll see how many times it will bite the dust in the next 24 months...

The mighty can deliver dab-like hits with some effort, even if it's not possible to clear the bowl at once (I think, I never really tried it). I preheat the mighty to max. temperatures without CU while putting a dab on the liquid pad. Then I load and close the bowl with the aid of the CU pretty fast. The dab is sitting towards the heater while using the mighty upside down to prevent resin running down into the unit. This gives me massive and huge clouds. There isn't a vape in my arsenal which can keep up with the mighty when it's about carbon- based extracts!

Yea i tried preheat to max with pad inserted, then put the wax on after its hot, it melts down almost instantly. The material is like a pie crust crumble consistency so some bits will roll to the edge of the chamber on the pad and melt on the chamber wall:cuss:..

I broke down an got a 40 dollar micro dab rig with honeycomb perc w/ a quartz banger...now I'm able to clear a much smaller amount than with my mighty but feel muuuuch more medicated

Eatrocks,

Michel

Yea i tried preheat to max with pad inserted, then put the wax on after its hot, it melts down almost instantly.

Just try once to preheat the empty bowl without pad and then put the wax underneath. Turn mighty upside down. I hope this makes sense...

Michel,

jdent3

Ordered the capsules today you guys convinced me. On another note lately I have been worried about my housing. Judging by my serial number I have a unit with the update housing (ordered April 2016). When cooling down I hear the plastic click a few times. It almost sounds lie it's cracking but the outside of the housing is in perfect shape. Does anyone else's unit make an occasional click as it cools down? I hope this doesn't foreshadow housing issues ahead.

Last edited:

nb8475

Been enjoying my mighty since i got it back, although I have to say I've been a bit disappointed in terms of the effects. It seems to be weaker.

I hooked up my MFLB hose to the mighty tip and get decent rips through the water pipe. But the bowl seems to barely last at all. However the herb is cooked.

Can anyone point me in the direction of making a muzzmod/ whatever is the preferred method of water-cooling for our beloved Mighty? I've looked all over and can't find a guide or the like.

Cheers.

P.S. Do you guys use the liquid pad for microdosing? If so, do you put the pad below or above the herb. Regardless, I'm about to order the capsules based on what's been said about them.

nb8475,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
P.S. Do you guys use the liquid pad for microdosing? If so, do you put the pad below or above the herb. Regardless, I'm about to order the capsules based on what's been said about them.

I use my Mightys exclusively with the pads. .1 g's on the bottom, pad on the top. Perfect session amount for me...avoids wasting herb, and keeps the CU much cleaner.

Eatrocks

Ordered the capsules today you guys convinced me. On another note lately I have been worried about my housing. Judging by my serial number I have a unit with the update housing (ordered April 2016). When cooling down I hear the plastic click a few times. It almost sounds lie it's cracking but the outside of the housing is in perfect shape. Does anyone else's unit make an occasional click as it cools down? I hope this doesn't foreshadow housing issues ahead.

I said after I got my mighty last month I can make a click noise if I press lightly on the housing lower right side of the led. It's louder if it's warm. Just a clicky noise though.

@mitchgo61 I use the exact same method, for at work loads I put around .05 in there with the pad in top everytime. Is annoying to take in and out but sometimes it comes out stuck to the cu or recently I've pried a strip of steel wire off the top for easy removal. I killed one of my brand new liquid pads by putting a few loads of crumble and not removing till next day, I ripped it apart trying to get it out. I just vaped on a bowl without the pad, i filled it up so I could get a few sessions tonight with same load. Not producing a lot of vapor but flavor and effect are there, best flavor yet with mighty! The pad on top flower pumps crazy vapor

Last edited:
Eatrocks,
Top Bottom