The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Hotz

I suggest you put the question to S& B service, primarily to learn if they'll do what you need, as well as to learn about the costs, etc. for shipping.
My understanding is that customs and taxes are waived on a warranty repair item coming into the US, but as I said, you might check with S&B on that.
You might save something if you were to deal with S&B America directly, no? Leave Europe out of the equation.

Thanks for your reply

Faster? Sure, but not without a cost. And at the time the value of this important service more than time for me = /

dirtdragon

Hello All, I've had my Mighty since Nov 2015 when I fully gave up combustion and I love it! I have pampered it to the best of my ability, keeping it clean, and keeping it in it's own little special padded case when not in use. However, I am a heavy user so it's in use ALLOT!:rofl: About 2 months ago I noticed a chip in the top, like many others have posted pictures of, I don't even know when it happened, it was just gone. It didn't really seem to affect anything so I ignored it, but I've noticed a few more pieces gone missing since then, my guess being the plastic just gets brittle from heat exposure over time. Then last month my cat made a failed jump attempt and knocked over a book I had been reading on the the back side of my Mighty that was in it's padded case but with the case top open (I always put it away display side down, in my head thinking this was protecting it more)To my surprise when I powered on my Mighty the display lit up with what looks like a crack even though there is no crack in the display and it didn't show the temperature anymore! I was so bummed and really shocked that a book tipping over onto the back of the Mighty would have such an effect! Good news was it still worked I just couldn't read it anymore. Being that the Mighty is my only vape, I kept on using it without the display since I don't change the temp that much. But now a little over a week ago the power button just stopped working and I can hear something(the internal part to my power button I'm sure) moving around inside my Mighty. SO BUMMED!!!!
I immediately went to the SB website and filled out the rma form and contemplated ordering another Mighty while I wait for my repair but decided to wait till I heard back as this was my first repair request and well, I'm not rich, I'm just desperate, lol. But I haven't heard anything back, not even an acknowledgement that they received my rma request. Today, 9 days after I filled out the RMA request form on their site, I tried to fill out another one but it won't let me saying there's already a RMA request filed for my serial# so I guess that's good right? How long does it take for them to get back to people on the RMA request? I did send an email to support since it wouldn't let me fill out the RMA form again and I feel like a fool just waiting forever, so I'm hopeful to hear Something soon. If I ordered another one they would respond to my order immediately I'm sure and I'd have it here in a couple of days probably, but am I going to have to go thru this every 6 months or so? And 8 days with NO Response is really bad customer service, something I wasn't expecting from Storz-Bickel.
Forced back to combustion with my Mighty dead and not enjoying it one bit after this much time vaping! I miss my flavorful hits, not this burned flavor every time. Lungs are feeling it too. :ugh:

Send an email to the Oakland email address with an explanation of what happened and they will respond. I had the same problem with my ISP blocking responses from the America's address.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@WakeAndVape and others, what do you make of this message? Got word back today after I asked what they shipped me back.

"Hello,

Your device has been repaired and we have applied some updates to the software and housing."

I heard some people say they receive back different units when S&B claim to have repaired it. Any insight here? Thanks
If they send you a new device, it will be in a new box and they send you all accessories in it...

Maybe they just gave you new housing and a software update, thats what they did to mine the first time I was expecting a replacement as many others were getting.

If your vigilant you can get a new mighty...keep sending it back, they'll get tired of paying for postage.
Hello All, I've had my Mighty since Nov 2015 when I fully gave up combustion and I love it! I have pampered it to the best of my ability, keeping it clean, and keeping it in it's own little special padded case when not in use. However, I am a heavy user so it's in use ALLOT!:rofl: About 2 months ago I noticed a chip in the top, like many others have posted pictures of, I don't even know when it happened, it was just gone. It didn't really seem to affect anything so I ignored it, but I've noticed a few more pieces gone missing since then, my guess being the plastic just gets brittle from heat exposure over time. Then last month my cat made a failed jump attempt and knocked over a book I had been reading on the the back side of my Mighty that was in it's padded case but with the case top open (I always put it away display side down, in my head thinking this was protecting it more)To my surprise when I powered on my Mighty the display lit up with what looks like a crack even though there is no crack in the display and it didn't show the temperature anymore! I was so bummed and really shocked that a book tipping over onto the back of the Mighty would have such an effect! Good news was it still worked I just couldn't read it anymore. Being that the Mighty is my only vape, I kept on using it without the display since I don't change the temp that much. But now a little over a week ago the power button just stopped working and I can hear something(the internal part to my power button I'm sure) moving around inside my Mighty. SO BUMMED!!!!
I immediately went to the SB website and filled out the rma form and contemplated ordering another Mighty while I wait for my repair but decided to wait till I heard back as this was my first repair request and well, I'm not rich, I'm just desperate, lol. But I haven't heard anything back, not even an acknowledgement that they received my rma request. Today, 9 days after I filled out the RMA request form on their site, I tried to fill out another one but it won't let me saying there's already a RMA request filed for my serial# so I guess that's good right? How long does it take for them to get back to people on the RMA request? I did send an email to support since it wouldn't let me fill out the RMA form again and I feel like a fool just waiting forever, so I'm hopeful to hear Something soon. If I ordered another one they would respond to my order immediately I'm sure and I'd have it here in a couple of days probably, but am I going to have to go thru this every 6 months or so? And 8 days with NO Response is really bad customer service, something I wasn't expecting from Storz-Bickel.
Forced back to combustion with my Mighty dead and not enjoying it one bit after this much time vaping! I miss my flavorful hits, not this burned flavor every time. Lungs are feeling it too. :ugh:
Hello...welcome to FC...dig the name :brow:

Anyway...as others have said check the spam folder.

OR you could just follow the instructions online and just mail it with her no word, I'm pretty sure it will get back to you...you just won't have the reassurance of emails.
Folks are having some odd experiences with warranty exchanges. I understand that S&B must have lots of old broken Crafty's and Mighty's and refurbishing is a temptation.
But to include a dirty bowl in a refurb. unit? I don't think they'd do that if they planned to sell them, maybe only for customer swaps? It's weird either way. C'mon this is a tantamount to a medical device, people put it to their mouth and lungs. Why on earth do S&B put an obviously dirty part in there?

There was a time when some folks were getting their piece back with a hand written note saying that this is your old unit, we just changed almost everything and put a new serial number on it, and that itself seemed odd. Why not just a refurb. unit in that instance?

I'd be curious to know if anyone has sent in a clean broken unit and gotten back a working dirty one???? Or do they reserve these beauties for the folks who sent in a dirty bowl?
Or is this fodder for a separate thread? (ha!)
When they send out refurbished units...its your SAME unit, not one that was fixed and set aside.

When they fixed my housing and upgraded the software I got back the same dirty bowl and all (I actually recognized the scratches)

vapviking

Old & In the Way
If they send you a new device, it will be in a new box and they send you all accessories in it...

--------

When they send out refurbished units...its your SAME unit, not one that was fixed and set aside.

When they fixed my housing and upgraded the software I got back the same dirty bowl and all (I actually recognized the scratches)

Well this is, at minimum, better than getting someone else's old bowl!

nb8475

@WakeAndVape @vapviking

It appears we have reached the end of my S&B Customer Service Saga.
And it looks like the incessant pestering and calling paid off.
After trying to get me to pay $130 for a replacement, I put up a fight saying that my units issues (excessive cracking, chipping, splitting, etc) should be covered under warranty.
They were not communicative throughout the process, which could have saved me some headache.. BUT...
They ended up sending me a NEW unit with the updated housing.
However there are no accessories are you said WakeandVape (Except for a new CU).

Let this be a lesson to all that if you are persistent and present a good argument with a cool head, you can win over even S&B Oakland.

Also another tip:

I got my distributor (VapeNation) involved. If you ever receive shoddy service from S&B, contact your redistributor (puffitup, etc) and get them on the case. They usually have contacts at S&B and can get things moving for you.

Now to charge this bad boy up and give it a run

Man, I felt kind of cool with my old mighty that had an OG serial number. Now this one is random, MY2...

Edit: I forgot to say, thank you to everyone who offered consult or consolation during this difficult time.

Last edited:

wakeNvape247

Thanks for all the replies and warm welcome! Let me apologize for not quoting everyone properly, this is my first time posting in a forum and I haven't quite figured out how everything works yet. I have checked my spam folder and sent an email to the America email address, nada as of yet. JustsVapeItYo, are you saying just check my postal mail box perhaps they sent a return label or something without contacting me? I'll have to go check! If I did just mail to them on my own as WakeandVape mentioned does it just go to their address on the bottom of their page?
Storz & Bickel America Inc.,
1078 60th St. Suite A
Oakland, CA 94608

Thanks again! At least I don't feel so alone and abandoned now lol! Just finished making a batch of Green butter! I say fuck combustion, have a cookie!!! :rockon:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks for all the replies and warm welcome! Let me apologize for not quoting everyone properly, this is my first time posting in a forum and I haven't quite figured out how everything works yet. I have checked my spam folder and sent an email to the America email address, nada as of yet. JustsVapeItYo, are you saying just check my postal mail box perhaps they sent a return label or something without contacting me? I'll have to go check! If I did just mail to them on my own as WakeandVape mentioned does it just go to their address on the bottom of their page?
Storz & Bickel America Inc.,
1078 60th St. Suite A
Oakland, CA 94608

Thanks again! At least I don't feel so alone and abandoned now lol! Just finished making a batch of Green butter! I say fuck combustion, have a cookie!!! :rockon:
No, the mail-in return label would be attached as pdf to an email they send you.
Typically you would get an email very soon after you filled out and submitted the request for RMA form. It would simply acknowledge that they got your request. Then, usually next day, you'd get another email 'approving' your request, with some instruction about the postal form, etc. There must be some tech glitch hanging those up. Last would come either bad news, you're not being covered or the email that says they've sent you a package and you may begin to salivate.

If you choose to send before you hear from them, include a note explaining that you didn't get any emails (though you did fill out the request), if they had been sent. Also explain the problems that the piece is having with housing, error codes, whatever, but don't emphasize battery life issues. If you like your Mighty, tell them so!
Clean it! A magic eraser lightly moistened with iso alcohol can work wonders on a dirty bowl.
You don't have to send the c/u, just the heating unit.
Good luck!

wakeNvape247

@wakeNvape247
Yes that's the address. Confirm that S&B knows you are sending in your unit.

A couple of tips before you send it in to increase likelihood of better service
1) Rubber band around unit
2) Don't mention anything about batterylife
3) Stress the chips/fractures

Thank you, Just curious, why the rubber band?
I haven't mentioned battery in any of my attempted contact with them and won't now.
My main 3 things are broken power button, display no longer shows anything and chips and fractures.

No, the mail-in return label would be attached as pdf to an email they send you.
Typically you would get an email very soon after you filled out and submitted the request for RMA form. It would simply acknowledge that they got your request. Then, usually next day, you'd get another email 'approving' your request, with some instruction about the postal form, etc. There must be some tech glitch hanging those up. Last would come either bad news, you're not being covered or the email that says they've sent you a package and you may begin to salivate.

If you choose to send before you hear from them, include a note explaining that you didn't get any emails (though you did fill out the request), if they had been sent. Also explain the problems that the piece is having with housing, error codes, whatever, but don't emphasize battery life issues. If you like your Mighty, tell them so!
Clean it! A magic eraser lightly moistened with iso alcohol can work wonders on a dirty bowl.
You don't have to send the c/u, just the heating unit.
Good luck!

Thanks, for the walk thru of what is their norm! I did sincerely compliment the Mighty on my email :-)
And YES to the magic eraser, I do this already and love the results!
How often should I send emails till I get a response? I'm normally the quiet one so I don't know if I should send one daily or wait or what. I don't want to be obnoxious I just want to be acknowledged so I can get service.

dirtdragon said: Send an email to the Oakland email address with an explanation of what happened and they will respond. I had the same problem with my ISP blocking responses from the America's address.
Okay, I haven't hit up that email yet, thanks!

Last edited:
wakeNvape247,
Reactions: vapviking

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Recieved the dosing capsules and other shit today...they are awesome!

Even left the milaana at home...

...missed some aspects of it (milaana) and hate S&B okaland

But they make great products and these new accessories are no exception!

The magazine is numbered for convenience
And one magazine per charge...perfectly thought through!

@nb8475 looks like my original thought was accurate then about the new unit then...dope.

These are from an old unit...no charge.

16bxyro.jpg

11m4vbp.jpg

Pretty bad as you can see..

@wakeNvape247 don't mention the drop and the screen...unless you want to pay.

vapviking

Old & In the Way

I hadn't noticed!

I guess denial ain't just a river in Egypt. I should see an optometrist.
I did make it to 65 without glasses, but it seems I've been missing some things!

Glad you like the caps, and that you've started saving already.

Holy shit, they're numbered...
but what to do? write it down? remember where you left off?
Or maybe just go, #1 at one o'clock, #2 at two o'clock...

Ha! Maybe I'll still leave an empty slot and work my way around clockwise...since I can't really see the numbers without a spotlight anyway!

Thanks, @WakeAndVape for noticing.

I'm doing my level best to forget those pictures. Nightmares! :o

Eatrocks

Even left the milaana at home...

...missed some aspects of it (milaana) and hate S&B okaland

But they make great products and these new accessories are no exception!

And one magazine per charge...perfectly thought through!

@nb8475 looks like my original thought was accurate then about the new unit then...dope.

These are from an old unit...no charge.

16bxyro.jpg

11m4vbp.jpg

Pretty bad as you can see..

@wakeNvape247 don't mention the drop and the screen...unless you want to pay.

Dirty ass bowl...

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Vietnam? Hardly.

Iraq on the other hand...

That's classified info..but I can say sources in the security community speculate Bin Laden was located because he may have tried to order a mighty.

Should I mail it to you next time it needs a good cleaning?

Eatrocks

Vietnam? Hardly.

Iraq on the other hand...

That's classified info..but I can say sources in the security community speculate Bin Laden was located because he may have tried to order a mighty.

Should I mail it to you next time it needs a good cleaning?

Hmmm...pretty sure Osama got smoked 3 years before the mighty came on the market...Intel suggests he was in line for preorder

rodders83

The caps are more sturdy than i thought, I managed to insert 12 screens into 6 caps one at each end. Going to experiment now finding the best way of screening the vapefiend adapter. So it will be liquid pad v cap lid with screen or just using double screened caps with nothing after it to stop particles. I capped them at both ends incase it fails miserably and i revert to using them with kief only.

But Damm this adapter and the pain it puts you though. And at the end it might break the housing i forgot to ask also the person who had his housing break what the course of action after this? Do you end up with a paperweight or can you get new housing?

rodders83,

cloudsosmoke

@rodders83

sorry for the downer
..but
i think maybe for double cap idea
bottom lid would get stuck in bottom of bowl and you would have to hook it out

and theres maybe clearance height to check
..before you twist to close if you tried to use double cap with c/u

you can also just take off black plastic part of adapter
and do it hand held holding exposed glass end to the open bowl
it nestles quite well
- but it gets hot in places lol

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
I like bringing the mighty to temp before dropping the dosing capsule in...increases convection.

Also the capsules seem like they do well dumped hot to keep vaping a bowl later!

rodders83

@cloudsosmoke No no one cap with a screen for a lid on top of the bowl was the plan or simply just use the caps. I put a screen in each end of the capsules so kief will not fall through in the holder oy a Jyarz because in my opinion you can easily make the mighty a better device by simply using better material. A Vape cannot extract THC that is not in there and by using caps filled entirely with kief or a little drop of oil you would be getting desktop performance and taste from a portable by cheating.

Granted thats not really farr on a desktop using buds on it at home an the extracts on the go but still its a nice common sense approach until portables and desktops become one. I find it hard to see in future how desktops will justify themselves after all whats the most watts used 50w on a Milaana? Portables just need a way of delivering that for a day or so. Not that far off actually if you think about a 50w Mighty that was built entirely from Stainless Steel!

Last edited:

rodders83

Airflows not bad either with two screens if you found the drag hard you could put a bit of bud in just to make the powder open up a have a few gaps. Gonna bath em now in iso and put em in storage i need more screens though i did not know S&B sent you two cap lids per capsule.

Also do you think its bad to re use them? This is why i would love to find someone who can clone them in Stainless Steel for my health and peace of mind. And i will use my finger agility to put in screens with hardly any failure rate. But people with big fingers will need to hire me because it is tricky. If you mess it up you lose a cap and a screen :s

Ricchini

I had a Crafty for about a year and a half. I bought it for 400$ when if first came out. It got stolen out of my glovebox about two months ago and I have missed it ever since.

With the right strains, it blew my mind. My other desktop vape is the VapexHaleEVO and I honestly think I liked the vapor of the Crafty the most. I also used to own a digital Volcano, Buddah etc and I think the vapor coming out of these units is superb.

The design problems are unbelievable, it has to be costing them major dollars.

Just bought a Mighty, and I cannot wait.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
What's general consensus on the capsules? Good product?

I ask, because I love my Mighty. Going to clean the bowl and buy a brand new CU but it is the most desktop hitting portable from my experiences....have a family reunion in July. They aren't bud friendly really...else id bring the EVO for the condo....but I think a jyarz or two each of preloaded capsules may be perfect. I will be able to have a session each morning for 7 days....figure 2 or 3 a night. May just toss them even.

I'm house sitting for a friends brothers wedding. Stopped the enail today to maintain a better smell. The mighty on the porch is great!

Top Bottom