The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I warrantied it because the unit's bowl was getting dirty and it started emitting a terrible taste of plastic. I didn't warranty cause the housing was broken, i warrantied cause i wanted a new bowl that wouldn't emit noxious fumes that smell like plastic. And sorry but i do not buy "one day warranty will cover, next day it wont cause we find abuse" I used my mighty maybe twice a day? since august when i got new housing(it was chipping real bad) It's been a year, housing already is chipped away(cause it's cheap flimsy plastic). I 'm reiterating my point since i don't care about the housing! what i'm more concerned is the disgusting plastic taste. This vaporizer is certified as having quality safe medicinal materials. But that's a lie! How can it be certified as medicinally safe when the plastic around the bowl becomes flimsy from the surrounding heat? How is that safe?

heres the link of message logs. http://imgur.com/a/fXQbv
heres evidence for my frustration. Heres the breakdown, i sent in my unit for warranty (cause everytime i would vape there would be taste of plastic). they give me an invoice for $49. i ask why do i have to pay if its under warranty. Here is where they lie, they mention that wear and tear and cleaning is not under warranty. But when i sent my previous invoice from last year they quickly redacted their statement. So yes, i do think they are pulling my leg with their malpractice.

Truthfully, you didn't handle your email message with any tact at all. Putrid CS because they wouldn't clean your bowl?? I know if that was the first response someone said to me, I'd probably not be as helpful.

Don't know what company ever cleans vapes for you either, or a "dirty bowl" being a reason for warranty? It's not hard to clean the bowl. Use a Magic Eraser.

Don't really know the plastic smell you're talking about, but it probably has nothing to do with the dirty bowl and everything to do with your cracked plastic housing. Seeing as how, this isn't a common report.

They are also honoring the warranty, they said they would fix the housing, which is covered in the warranty. Nice of them to even offer to clean it for you lol.

I'm all for calling out poor CS when there is poor CS, just stating that from my perspective, I'm not seeing it.

@Eatrocks Mighty is my favorite for multiple people. No skill needed to operate, and bowl is decent sized to get us all pretty ripped.

Reggie Watts

If i was gonna spend 300 plus on a portable vape it would be between a ff2 and mighty....leaning more towards the mighty.

Pure convection from the ff2 sound great but doesnt sound like a multi person sess vape.

Get a Mighty!!!

It's better for solo and groups IMO...the FF2 is pretty awful for sessions because you have to remove the lid, stir, repack, and retamp constantly...so annoying. With the Mighty, you just turn it on and pass it around for 10 minutes of perfect draws.

hman

Has anyone had any issues with a rattle in their unit and or the power cable working intermittently or not at all? When I bend the wire slightly near where it plugs into the Mighty it stops charging, and then when I bend it the other way it vibrates as if being plugged back in. I just emailed them to see if they will cover these issues under their warranty.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/genuine-mighty-vs-fake-mighty.19333/
http://blog.puffitup.com/2015/08/fake-mighty-vaporizers-we-bought-one-it-sucks/

Last edited:
hman,

Reggie Watts

Has anyone had any issues with a rattle in their unit and or the power cable working intermittently or not at all? When I bend the wire slightly near where it plugs into the Mighty it stops charging, and then when I bend it the other way it vibrates as if being plugged back in. I just emailed them to see if they will cover these issues under their warranty.

On a separate note, it's unfortunate some people aren't buying direct from Storz and Bickel, and are getting ripped off with inferior knock-offs as a result. If you didn't buy direct you most certainly have a knock-off. If you try to be cheap and get a discounted unit you will likely regret that decision. I am speaking from first hand experience. I fell for what I thought was a good deal on eBay only to find out the item really shipped from Hong Kong even though the listing stated otherwise. HUGE red-flag there! Sure enough, it was a counterfeit. In post #12 you can see Elmomuzz bought a knock-off as well. That sucks. I was scammed to and realized it shortly after I received my unit. I have photos comparing the knock-off to the original. I think Storz and Bickel posted a comparsion somewhere as well in an attempt to educated consumers.

There are some certified retailers, like Puff It Up, that guarantee their products are authentic.

Reggie Watts,

hman

There are some certified retailers, like Puff It Up, that guarantee their products are authentic.
Hi Reggie, sorry I edited my post because I realized I was getting away from my original reason for even posting. I got off on a rant :p I am just trying to confirm if other Mighty owners have had similar issues, and if so how did you handle you or Storz and Bickel handle your situation..

hman,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi Reggie, sorry I edited my post because I realized I was getting away from my original reason for even posting. I got off on a rant :p I am just trying to confirm if other Mighty owners have had similar issues, and if so how did you handle you or Storz and Bickel handle your situation..
I recently had the charge go intermittent. Filled out a RMA form on the website with a brief description of the trouble. They mailed out a new charger the next day and that has resolved the issue. Easy!

vapviking,

esoh

I recently had the charge go intermittent. Filled out a RMA form on the website with a brief description of the trouble. They mailed out a new charger the next day and that has resolved the issue. Easy!

S&B are great about giving out replacement chargers. I think I went through 3 or 4 of them in my first 6 months of use. Pro-tip try to avoid charging while the unit is still hot, I think that kills the chargers a lot faster as I havn't had one die since I started doing that.

spiritd

Any mighty users here make the switch to a FF2?

I love my mighty - have had it for almost a year now but I wish I could just use a bowl one hit at a time over an hour instead of just constantly hitting Till the bowl is done or waste it.

A lot of people on the FF2 thread are giving mixed reviews about the vapor from it - any mighty owners have their own take of the FF2 compared to the mighty?

spiritd,

Reggie Watts

I love my mighty - have had it for almost a year now but I wish I could just use a bowl one hit at a time over an hour instead of just constantly hitting Till the bowl is done or waste it.

A lot of people on the FF2 thread are giving mixed reviews about the vapor from it - any mighty owners have their own take of the FF2 compared to the mighty?

"Switch" isn't the right word, as the Mighty will remain my primary vape. The FF2 is only better if I need to take breaks in between draws (such as when gaming). However, I end up spending half the time fiddling with the device as I stir the bowl every few draws, and I need to vape multiple bowls to get the same effect as one Mighty bowl. So I find that the Mighty is more time efficient.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
S&B are great about giving out replacement chargers. I think I went through 3 or 4 of them in my first 6 months of use. Pro-tip try to avoid charging while the unit is still hot, I think that kills the chargers a lot faster as I havn't had one die since I started doing that.
I think my charge adapter had a faulty male plug , the one that goes in to Mighty. I use it 'plugged in' a lot (w/water) and that means moving it around, for filling, inverting, etc., all the things a plug hates! I was very relieved that it was the adapter and not the receptacle in Mighty. More caution is called for on my part.
So, I now have a second wall adapter; the original still works as long as it's left totally undisturbed.

Curious, what part or function of the adapter do you think is affected by charging when hot? I'm aware of the cautions re battery charging when hot. Do you think it affects the wiring connections to make it intermittent?

vapviking,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are

Apples and oranges, as has been noted before. The FF gives you cooler, tastier vapor than the Mighty. The Mighty is easier to use, and is a cloud machine. The FF2 requires some manual technique, and can deliver clouds, but overall produces lighter vapor. (Tastier than the Mighty, but not cloudier.)

If you just want three hits before bedtime, or whenever, an on-demand convection vape like the FF is perfect. If you wanna pass around a dead simple vape with friends, the Mighty fits the bill.

It's not an either/or thing...I wouldn't wanna be without either one of them. :2c:

TrevorCorey

Ive been noticing that sometimes my draws must not be strong enough to keep the mighty on. ive been using the power button between draws to keep the mighty on. I know this is going to drain the battery, but does anyone know if this causes a lot of wear and tear? It is a really convenient feature for taking breaks and i want to keep using it. Just interested in what others have heard about the issue​

TrevorCorey,

Reggie Watts

Ive been noticing that sometimes my draws must not be strong enough to keep the mighty on. ive been using the power button between draws to keep the mighty on. I know this is going to drain the battery, but does anyone know if this causes a lot of wear and tear? It is a really convenient feature for taking breaks and i want to keep using it. Just interested in what others have heard about the issue​

I think that's fine to press power between draws. I don't think it drains battery any more than you already are. Sometimes I like to sip it slowly, and that tends to not reset the shutoff timer.

Reggie Watts,
Reactions: Taz

darbarikanada

A lot of people on the FF2 thread are giving mixed reviews about the vapor from it

1. I think 'mixed reviews' is a bit charitable; after an enormous amount of pre-release hype, now that people have started getting them and using them, there's been a lot of discussion about how to make them work optimally - the 'FC research team' has been 'working' overtime. at first, some people concluded that FF2 simply doesn't make 'clouds' (except with concentrates), but it's looking like that was more a function of not knowing how to get clouds. mitchgo61 has posted extensively (thanks!), documenting his experience - he's probably had his the longest, seems to have come up with the best method, and the bottom line seems to be that you need to physically remove the lid every 3 (or so) vapes, stir, tamp down, add the pad as the herb shrinks. I certainly don't recall reading/hearing anything about this in the pre-release press (vape critic, etc.), and really appreciate this forum for precisely this reason: people sharing real-life experiences, so those of us contemplating a(nother) vaporizer purchase can benefit from what the 'early adopters' report back.

uhranium

Don't know if anyone is interested, but you can plug the mighty mouthpiece into a solo stem with ease.

ytRDKXr.jpg

jdent3

Does anyone else find the liquid pad useless? Mine doesn't fit so I cut it a bit but overall I found concetrates work great just sandwiching it between bud. I also found that small loads work great without the liquid pad like s and b recommends.

jdent3,

Mr.Sifter

i often read the mighty filling chamber ist considered to be quite large.

i dont think so.
its the same size as the SOLO "chamber"

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Don't know if anyone is interested, but you can plug the mighty mouthpiece into a solo stem with ease.

ytRDKXr.jpg
Coulda cleaned it up for the photo shoot...
The way this looks, I'd be happy to get my mouth farther away from the gunk!
But thank you, it all adds to the knowledge base.

Eatrocks

No way im throwing 400 down for one...seems like every mighty/crafty user has issues sooner or later and I'm not into sending my vapes in for service. The boundless cfx is a decent clone, thr bowl can hold a full g for group vaping and also performs well with tiny micro loads, if ur herbs are good quality you can get 3 mini sessions off one decent pinch. I'm gettin 10ish sessions above 400 degrees on the cfx with a 20 second heat up time.

Eatrocks,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
No way im throwing 400 down for one...seems like every mighty/crafty user has issues sooner or later and I'm not into sending my vapes in for service. The boundless cfx is a decent clone, thr bowl can hold a full g for group vaping and also performs well with tiny micro loads, if ur herbs are good quality you can get 3 mini sessions off one decent pinch. I'm gettin 10ish sessions above 400 degrees on the cfx with a 20 second heat up time.
The cfx isn't a clone...nor does it replicate every aspect of the mighty experience.

darbarikanada

Does anyone else find the liquid pad useless? Mine doesn't fit so I cut it a bit but overall I found concentrates work great just sandwiching it between bud. I also found that small loads work great without the liquid pad like s and b recommends.

there's been a lot on this thread about the pad. for concentrates, people mention 3 methods:
1. slice a pad in half (or so), concentrate in the middle
2. concentrate on top of pad (as per S&B)
3. sandwich concentrate between bud

my sense, based on the posts, is that they all work fine (mighty's blessed lack of fussiness on display here...)

apparently there are thinner concentrate pads for other vapes out there, so you could get those instead of trying to slice the S&B pad.

darbarikanada,

Eatrocks

The cfx isn't a clone...nor does it replicate every aspect of the mighty experience.

I get that, the cooling system on the s and b is legit, their convection/conduction heater design is the best for a big session bowl vape. The chamber for the air to heat up is much much bigger than the cfx. The heater in the cfx is contained in the small steel housing a millimeter or two below where the herbs sit. The battery life and heat up time on the cfx/cf crushes s&b portables. You can get a cfx for 150 and a cf for 110 which is basically the same vape experience. You can take your chances on ebay and get a mighty for 360ish new (hopefully they aren't selling those cheap legit mighty clones for that price). If u get a legit mighty it's prob the overstock of the defective units. I can only see myself buying directly from s&b if they even do that.

Eatrocks,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
They do do that, but it sounds like a cfx instead of mighty discussion?

We all know the advantages/disadvantages of a mighty and until you harness the power, it's all speculation.

WakeAndVape,

jmanvfl

What was I gonna put here......
Well after 11 months of being my daily driver, my mighty has bit the dust. The on off button started getting harder to operate about 2 weeks ago and then finally just stopped working. I pulled the cover off and 2 tiny metallic pieces fell out of it. Anyone here think an electronic repair shop could fix this or just chuck it?

jmanvfl,
Top Bottom