The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

ade848

Had a couple of dabs of mighty reclaim last night. First time and wow it is super potent and tasty too. I didnt think it would taste very nice.

Cant believe i hadnt tried it sooner. I was blown away. My cooling unit is absolutely caked in reclaim too ... Cashback!
I have never tried reclaim...how do you 'reclaim' it from your cu if you don't mind me asking?

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
I have never tried reclaim...how do you 'reclaim' it from your cu if you don't mind me asking?

I just stuck my dabber in and scooped some out .. i have not cleaned it for ages so lots of buildup. I was shocked at the potency and the decent flavour.

The other way is to clean the cu by placing it in iso for a few minutes to dissolve all the oils and then you evaporate the iso to leave you with oil. This is more long winded and most people doing this will keep a jar of iso to clean their vape products over a period of time and then just evaporate when theeir ready.

radiant34

Warning point awarded for continuous company bashing.
I'm having a little trouble understanding the issue you're having with the service, in part because I have not seen where you describe what the problem is with the Mighty other than it apparently needs a new housing. I see that you feel you've been treated unfairly and that you think S&B is "audacious" and trying to "take advantage" of you, but I find that hard to believe. Did you post more about this? Detail?

My understanding of S&B's warranty, regardless of what country you're in, is that it is not unconditional. So, for instance, a housing that may be covered today under warranty due to breakage under use may not be covered tomorrow due to some form of abuse or neglect. Please understand that I'm not accusing you of abusing the Mighty, just saying that S&B service may be perceiving it that way. It's much easier for me to believe that there's some misunderstanding here rather than a company targeting you as stupid.

I do agree that service seems somewhat uneven in its' handling of various situations and that we tend to see more of this kind of thing out of S&B America, so there's definitely room for improvement. At the same time, I don't feel they are a disreputable company out to intentionally screw one customer over another.
I warrantied it because the unit's bowl was getting dirty and it started emitting a terrible taste of plastic. I didn't warranty cause the housing was broken, i warrantied cause i wanted a new bowl that wouldn't emit noxious fumes that smell like plastic. And sorry but i do not buy "one day warranty will cover, next day it wont cause we find abuse" I used my mighty maybe twice a day? since august when i got new housing(it was chipping real bad) It's been a year, housing already is chipped away(cause it's cheap flimsy plastic). I 'm reiterating my point since i don't care about the housing! what i'm more concerned is the disgusting plastic taste. This vaporizer is certified as having quality safe medicinal materials. But that's a lie! How can it be certified as medicinally safe when the plastic around the bowl becomes flimsy from the surrounding heat? How is that safe?

heres the link of message logs. http://imgur.com/a/fXQbv
heres evidence for my frustration. Heres the breakdown, i sent in my unit for warranty (cause everytime i would vape there would be taste of plastic). they give me an invoice for $49. i ask why do i have to pay if its under warranty. Here is where they lie, they mention that wear and tear and cleaning is not under warranty. But when i sent my previous invoice from last year they quickly redacted their statement. So yes, i do think they are pulling my leg with their malpractice.

radiant34,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I warrantied it because the unit's bowl was getting dirty and it started emitting a terrible taste of plastic. I didn't warranty cause the housing was broken, i warrantied cause i wanted a new bowl that wouldn't emit noxious fumes that smell like plastic. And sorry but i do not buy "one day warranty will cover, next day it wont cause we find abuse" I used my mighty maybe twice a day? since august when i got new housing(it was chipping real bad) It's been a year, housing already is chipped away(cause it's cheap flimsy plastic). I 'm reiterating my point since i don't care about the housing! what i'm more concerned is the disgusting plastic taste. This vaporizer is certified as having quality safe medicinal materials. But that's a lie! How can it be certified as medicinally safe when the plastic around the bowl becomes flimsy from the surrounding heat? How is that safe?

heres the link of message logs. http://imgur.com/a/fXQbv
heres evidence for my frustration. Heres the breakdown, i sent in my unit for warranty (cause everytime i would vape there would be taste of plastic). they give me an invoice for $49. i ask why do i have to pay if its under warranty. Here is where they lie, they mention that wear and tear and cleaning is not under warranty. But when i sent my previous invoice from last year they quickly redacted their statement. So yes, i do think they are pulling my leg with their malpractice.
The smell of plastic is never good.
You've said twice that they are liars and you are also convinced that the vape is made with unsafe materials. Why do you want it back at all, at any price? Sounds like a bad relationship...maybe you should be asking for your money back, or some portion of it at least.

vapviking,
Reactions: Maitri

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
After trying the FF2...there is no doubt that the Mighty is still king. Very different devices, I know...all I'm saying is, my Mighty will get used a lot more than my other vapes :)

The Mighty's awesomeness cannot be denied. Definitely the most used vape in my house. Its consistency, ease of use, power, thoroughness, and unrestricted draw are unparalleled.

darbarikanada

After trying the FF2...there is no doubt that the Mighty is still king. Very different devices, I know...all I'm saying is, my Mighty will get used a lot more than my other vapes :)

thank you Reggie for your posts about the FF2. I'll keep watching the thread, but so far it sounds like a very finicky device: clouds only doable with a dense pack - but then you have to open and stir every 2-3 vapes, and if you opt for a looser pack, in the hope you can shake (à la MFLB) instead of 'open and stir', the weed on top never vapes. I never went back to my MFLB, with its need for shaking/randomizing the weed, and the way it behaved very differently with different strains, once I got a mighty. the 'vape critic' gave FF2 1 more point than the mighty, but the initial reports on the FF2 from people who own mightys (mighties?) suggest that, like the MFLB, FF2 has a serious learning curve, and not just about the pack, but speed of inhale, warm-up time, etc. - it looks like the perfect, easy to use, 'vape on demand' portable isn't here yet. hopefully I'm wrong and it'll turn out there's a foolproof method, but it seems like some pretty experienced vapers are struggling to master it.

another mighty owner (mitchgo61) on the FF2 thread refers to the mighty's 'hybrid voodoo', says the 'no-stir even-cooking thing is like magic'; when I read about vaporizers requiring stirring/shaking and having a learning curve I appreciate the mighty even more. S&B created a game-changer - and I've yet to hear of another vape equaling it.

VapourHaze

thank you Reggie for your posts about the FF2. I'll keep watching the thread, but so far it sounds like a very finicky device: clouds only doable with a dense pack - but then you have to open and stir every 2-3 vapes, and if you opt for a looser pack, in the hope you can shake (à la MFLB) instead of 'open and stir', the weed on top never vapes. I never went back to my MFLB, with its need for shaking/randomizing the weed, and the way it behaved very differently with different strains, once I got a mighty. the 'vape critic' gave FF2 1 more point than the mighty, but the initial reports on the FF2 from people who own mightys (mighties?) suggest that, like the MFLB, FF2 has a serious learning curve, and not just about the pack, but speed of inhale, warm-up time, etc. - it looks like the perfect, easy to use, 'vape on demand' portable isn't here yet. hopefully I'm wrong and it'll turn out there's a foolproof method, but it seems like some pretty experienced vapers are struggling to master it.

another mighty owner (mitchgo61) on the FF2 thread refers to the mighty's 'hybrid voodoo', says the 'no-stir even-cooking thing is like magic'; when I read about vaporizers requiring stirring/shaking and having a learning curve I appreciate the mighty even more. S&B created a game-changer - and I've yet to hear of another vape equaling it.

Im not sure .. the mighty seems pretty prehistoric after having a grasshopper. However i still use the mighty at home for certain applications. No stirring is quite impressive but its because of conduction and the flavour suffers for it.

skyvaper

Im not sure .. the mighty seems pretty prehistoric after having a grasshopper. However i still use the mighty at home for certain applications. No stirring is quite impressive but its because of conduction and the flavour suffers for it.
Flavor does not suffer even with the conduction properties of the mighty in my experience. The mighty still wins on vapor quality compared to the GH. The GH is an amazing device don't get me wrong but it's not a Mighty killer. If the mighty is prehistoric then I'll take one ticket to jurassic park!!

Techn!d0n

So... On the fence about this beast... With the GH fast heat up... But VAS... so one question to some of the owners past the honeymoon phase. Should I get a used one or spend the extra money to get a new one? (Warranty) mainly is the reason...

Techn!d0n,

skyvaper

So... On the fence about this beast... With the GH fast heat up... But VAS... so one question to some of the owners past the honeymoon phase. Should I get a used one or spend the extra money to get a new one? (Warranty) mainly is the reason...
What condition is the used one in? When was it purchased? The warranty will transfer so take that into account. If we are talking 100.00 from a new one then find the best deal with freebies and get a 2 year warranty. If your on a budget then get the mighty used.

skyvaper,

darbarikanada

I've followed the GH thread some (not as much as FF2), haven't tried it, but there seems to be agreement that it produces hotter vapor than the mighty (not your experience?). to me, the coolness of the mighty's vapor is its single best feature. I can certainly see the attraction of GH's speed, which would make it stealthier - if maximum stealth was important to me, I'd be lusting after it.

darbarikanada,
Reactions: MinnBobber

Taz

Tester
Came here to update on mine.

Mine went thru first try and had approval and label next morning. Returned it over a week ago but did get rec. confirmation, no reply yet-said 5-6 days. Did notice they used UPS but with sure-post which is slow. Will update as it progresses.

Anyone else having problems with Warranty return? I have done several before but now there is a form for RMA on website. I have filled out twice and sent 3 emails and no response.

Taz,

MinnBobber

...I can certainly see the attraction of GH's speed, which would make it stealthier - if maximum stealth was important to me, I'd be lusting after it...
I have briefly sampled the GH and it is a great great vape for what it is: a stealth vape.

The Mighty is a great vape for what it is: a portable but not stealthy piece.
If you can "keep your shirt on" (be patient for a few more seconds on initial warmup) AND you do not absolutely need a stealthy vape, then it is no contest--- for the Mighty IMO
Mighty is just like having a kick ass desktop that's battery powered---- it's that good.

They really are in different vape niches and I feel the basic laws of physics limit just how good a stealth size vape can be---- things like coolness of vapor, harshness of vapor, air flow for evenly vaped ABV, battery life, HOW HOT THE VAPE GETS AFTER EXTENDED USE, room for useful gauges, etc.

Both are great vapes, in their respective niches

VapourHaze

I was mainly responding to the comment regarding the mighty as a game changer when really it isnt anymore.

The mighty is a dinosaur compared to grasshopper and i imagine the ff2 and mi too.

It is not a comparable vape to the hopper. The mighty is way smoother correct. But the gh wins everywhere else. Speed, flavour, stealth.

The mighty like someone said is basically a desktop that doesnt need plugging in. But its big and bulky compared to gh takes like 2 mins to heat up and it absolutely stinks if you wanna take it out and about (i should clean my cu admittedly )

Dont get me wrong i use my mighty daily at home as my ssv is too big and ugly to leave lying around. When i get my new log vape tho i think the mighty will become pretty much superfluous.

Mr. Me2

And I see the main difference between the Might/Crafty and gh as session vapes (even though mainly convection) v. one and done. And I agree with all of the other distinctions listed above.

Mr. Me2,

Mr.Sifter

Hi tried the mighty for two days at home.
got one off eBay. yeah yeah, i know, but i could never afford a 360EUR vapo.

i once saw a unit that was not legit.
This unit looks so much better and i also checked the S&B .pdf file they send you to make sure you have an official product.
I am 80% sure the unit here in front of me is legit.

A few things seems kind of strange.
The serial on the unit differs from the number on the box. . . . . ?!

Ok, it has been used before and i don not know how old the unit is.
did not have to charge it because the effects of this thing are strong strong.
Because of that i can't say how fit the battery is.

The thing, that really bugs me is a smell deriving from the the heating chamber it seems.
A dirty smell, burnt cold tobacco.
And this is with and without the cooling Unit.

What about this vibration feature.
Mine vibrates when i plug it in.
Mine vibrates when i turn it on
and thats about it.
I think it also has to vibrate when the chosen temperature is met.

How about the accuracy?
When i set the mighty to 195°C it does not meet this number.
It stays on 191 or 192.
It does turn to 195°C when i set the mighty to 200°C.
Is this normal?

I emailed S&B and i think i will send my mighty for inspections.
Unfortunately i don't have a proof of purchase and can't say how old my unit is. And it has a packaging box from another unit.
very odd when i think about it

greedy affective V.A.S eBay risky action

Mr.Sifter,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hi tried the mighty for two days at home.
got one off eBay. yeah yeah, i know, but i could never afford a 360EUR vapo.

i once saw a unit that was not legit.
This unit looks so much better and i also checked the S&B .pdf file they send you to make sure you have an official product.
I am 80% sure the unit here in front of me is legit.

A few things seems kind of strange.
The serial on the unit differs from the number on the box. . . . . ?!

Ok, it has been used before and i don not know how old the unit is.
did not have to charge it because the effects of this thing are strong strong.
Because of that i can't say how fit the battery is.

The thing, that really bugs me is a smell deriving from the the heating chamber it seems.
A dirty smell, burnt cold tobacco.
And this is with and without the cooling Unit.

What about this vibration feature.
Mine vibrates when i plug it in.
Mine vibrates when i turn it on
and thats about it.
I think it also has to vibrate when the chosen temperature is met.

How about the accuracy?
When i set the mighty to 195°C it does not meet this number.
It stays on 191 or 192.
It does turn to 195°C when i set the mighty to 200°C.
Is this normal?

I emailed S&B and i think i will send my mighty for inspections.
Unfortunately i don't have a proof of purchase and can't say how old my unit is. And it has a packaging box from another unit.
very odd when i think about it

greedy affective V.A.S eBay risky action
S/N 's should not be different, but you knew that.
Sending in the original box isn't required for service.
You could just skirt that issue and use the number on the Mighty.

Maybe someone did use a lot of tobacco in it? Bummer.
Does it look new and clean, or used?
Might as well clean it before you send it in;
apparently they might try to charge a 'cleaning fee'! if smell is your 'issue'!

The unit also should vibrate when temp is reached and again when it auto-shuts off.
If your piece has auto shut off at 1 minute, that would indicate a pretty early version.
Newer Mighty's shutoff at two minutes after temp is reached, if not drawn upon.

Idk about the older pieces and temp accuracy, but yours does not sound 'right'.
Typically, it should over-shoot the selected temp, then dip a couple degrees below then back up, etc.
It should have no problem reaching 200 and beyond.

Lastly, maybe consider returning this one to seller. (even if only for smell!)
Was this listed as new/unused?
Repairs/service at S&B can be very expensive (think "Mercedes").

Best of luck.
btw, I like your typing style, it presents like verse!

vapviking,
Reactions: Mr.Sifter

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I was mainly responding to the comment regarding the mighty as a game changer when really it isnt anymore.

The mighty is a dinosaur compared to grasshopper and i imagine the ff2 and mi too..

I disagree. The FF2 works in an entirely different, complementary manner to the Mighty. Its technology doesn't obviate the Mighty's approach.

And until I see a portable that does what the Mighty does....somehow harvests the best of convection (great flavor) with the best of conduction (fast thick vapor, thorough cooking, no stirring) and the downsides of neither (no risk of combustion, no burnt taste), I'll continue to believe that the Mighty is a truly revolutionary, game-changing portable.

Perhaps soon someone will improve upon this near-mystical hybrid approach of the Mighty, but right now, as much as I adore the FF2, the Mighty still feels sui generis in the world of portable vapes...there is nothing that works in an even-remotely similar fashion. (Other than the Crafty, obviously.)

dirtdragon

I have now submitted 3 forms for RMA to 2 different email addresses with no response. I have sent 4 emails and left a VM. Is S&B going under? I have 2 mighty's but after this I think I will look elsewhere

Now 2.5 weeks, 4 RMA's, and a bunch of emails. Not sure what to do as I have even left VM's that have not been responded to. Anyone else having this problem? I love my Mighty but this is terrible....

dirtdragon,

Reggie Watts

The mighty is a dinosaur compared to grasshopper and i imagine the ff2 and mi too.

It is not a comparable vape to the hopper. The mighty is way smoother correct. But the gh wins everywhere else. Speed, flavour, stealth.

The mighty like someone said is basically a desktop that doesnt need plugging in. But its big and bulky compared to gh takes like 2 mins to heat up and it absolutely stinks if you wanna take it out and about (i should clean my cu admittedly )

Dont get me wrong i use my mighty daily at home as my ssv is too big and ugly to leave lying around. When i get my new log vape tho i think the mighty will become pretty much superfluous.

It was a game changer when it came out, and it's still arguably the best portable all around. The Mighty has underrated stealth, tbh. It doesn't even look like a vape. It looks like you're sipping on a small water bottle or canteen. It's only a little bigger than a Crafty.

I prefer session vapes in general. I'd rather just vape a bowl and move on with my day than taking hits every few minutes all day. Those 2 mins to heat up are more than made up for by the fact that, once you're high from the Mighty, you're gonna stay that way for a while.

Mr.Sifter

Sui generis.
I like this term.

Its a portable desktop.
Stealth is super.
It looks like an external harddrive

Mighty with arizer solo built quality would be awesome

Last edited:
Top Bottom