The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

skyvaper

I'm a bit confused with how I'm reading about things being a game changer. The mighty when it came out changed the game. Once the mighty obtained the status of being a game changer that status can't just go away because new tech comes out its solidified. The mighty isn't a music artist that can keep coming out with a new album every year to continue to grow and change the game.

As for the mighty being old tech or a dinosaur time is relative. Two minutes to me may seem different to someone else.

I personally don't feel like there is any portable overall that makes the mighty seems old. I'm also not worried about my grind, stirring, cooling, battery, adapter or rigging my mighty to get a GREAT experience every time.

Last edited:

Reggie Watts

I'm a bit confused with how I'm reading about things being a game changer. The mighty when it came out changed the game. Once the mighty obtained the status of being a game changer that status can't just go away because new tech comes out its solidified. The mighty isn't a music artist that can keep coming out with a new album every year to continue to grow and change the game.

As for the mighty being old tech or a dinosaur time is relative. Two minutes to me may seem different to someone else.

I personally don't feel like there is any portable overall that makes the mighty seems old. I'm also not worried about my grind, stirring, cooling, battery, adapter or rigging my mighty to get a GREAT experience every time.

Yeah man, the Mighty has really spoiled me with its convenience and consistency. With the filling aid, you never have to worry about "packing it right" <glares at FF2>. You get perfect bowls every time. Also I love having the orange pick tool attached to the vape itself. You never have to say, "I wish I had a stirring/poking tool on me." Then again, you never need to stir anyway because the Mighty vapes evenly every time.

Taz

Tester
I love my Mighty but I have to say my CFX is close and half the price. Heats fast but not as good of flavor as the Mighty but money wise hard to beat. IMHO.

The CFX kicks the Mightys butt with wax, shatter etc.

Taz,

Taz

Tester
Looks like I got lucky with SB customer service. They never sent an email like stated but they have shipped mine back to me via FedEx. 3 days repair time I guess.

Fed Ex email:
Wed 5/04/2016 by 8:00 pm

MinnBobber

I was mainly responding to the comment regarding the mighty as a game changer when really it isnt anymore.

The mighty is a dinosaur compared to grasshopper and i imagine the ff2 and mi too.

It is not a comparable vape to the hopper. The mighty is way smoother correct. But the gh wins everywhere else. Speed, flavour, stealth.
I do have to laugh a little, calling the Mighty a dinosaur. Or maybe that's the highest compliment as there were reasons the dinosaurs were around for millions of years ;)

The hopper "wins" on two elements, speed and stealth and the Mighty isn't a stealth vape LOL, so that one doesn't really count :) On cold start my Mighty took 1 min 17 sec to reach temp and after cold warmup it stays close. Even that is not a issue for me for portable use---turn it on in your jacket pocket, wait for the buzz and its good to go.

IMO, taste, coolness of vape, smoothness of vape, ability to use with 2 or 3 vapers without overheating, battery life, choice of exact temp, etc---all go to the Mighty.

If your Mighty CU hasn't been cleaned properly/lately, that drastically impacts the taste you are getting thru all that old gunk AND the smell when off. My Mighty has no smell when not in use.

Now doing a proper comparison of Hopper to Crafty/ Stealth to stealth--- ????
that's a tough one as I'd rate the Crafty down for reliability issues BUT the GH reliability (or unreliability) seems to rival the Crafty :( Hopefully GH gets on top of the issues soon.
Probably still give the nod to Crafty for cool vapor, smooth vapor, taste....

GH is one of the top stealth vapes but when it leaves its small pond, the laws of physics catch up...

Mr.Sifter

Funny,

i just played with the mighty.
it only vibrates when the temperature is increased.
So no vibro when set on 200°C and dialed down to 190°C.
Makes sense.

Still there is this nasty smell coming from the unit.

Mine has a 1min auto shut off.
Can this indicate my mighty's age ?

Mr.Sifter,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Funny,

i just played with the mighty.
it only vibrates when the temperature is increased.
So no vibro when set on 200°C and dialed down to 190°C.
Makes sense.

Still there is this nasty smell coming from the unit.

Mine has a 1min auto shut off.
Can this indicate my mighty's age ?
Try taking off the screen inside the bowl and wipe it with some cotton and ISO. You can also brush the bowl with the brush the Mighty comes with. While you're at it you should clean the screens with ISO and the CU if you haven't already.

Vapetrees,

Mr.Sifter

Thanks.

the smell can not just only come from the bowl and the screen in it.
It's a nasty smell and it even occurs in gong mode without the CU.

Mr.Sifter,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Thanks.

the smell can not just only come from the bowl and the screen in it.
It's a nasty smell and it even occurs in gong mode without the CU.
That doesn't sound right. You should try and contact S&B and see if they can hel be you out. That sucks though, I've never had a problem with my Mighty and it's one of the older version ones.

Vapetrees,

Green Kiwi

@dirtdragon ,i would be exploding from inpatientance:cuss:.
The only thing i can think of is Email, or better even call S&B in Germany,
as i think they would be furious, when they find out what a disservice Oakland is doing their customers.
They clearly don't spend time on FC, like Boundless does,and maybe they will start doing that when they get aware of some inconsistent service their partner in the US is giving THEIR valued customers.
Because i honestly think S&B Germany is caring about us buyers of their premium products.:2c:.

VapourHaze

Rexcornish on IG, Vaping since '02
Yes my prehistoric /dinosaur references were rather tongue in cheek @MinnBobber .

However flavour goes to grasshopper for sure. And battery life as well is subjective as gh can have an endless supply of cheap replaceables.

Tbf its apples to oranges they serve completely different puposes. The mighty is a great vapouriser still and im loving these reclaim dabs. Cashback!

Mr.Sifter

Please explain for me again.

What does "later units" mean?
younger or older models than mine ?

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Please explain for me again.

What does "later units" mean?
younger or older models than mine ?
Later= more recently released/sold.
There have been running improvements to Mighty post-relesse.
I think release was sometime in late Fall '14.
Most notable & obvious change was a reinforced housing, then came some internal change that was reported in the auto shut-off time from 1 min to 2, and some less scientific reports about just how it acts and cycles when set temp is reached.
Your piece, with 1 min auto shu-off, fits into the 'older' category. Sorry Idk the corresponding series of serial numbers that marked these changes.
We assume other internal improvements have been implemented.
It's been widely observed that, if, for example, you have one of the 'older' models and your housing breaks (especially weak areas near and around the bowl) you can almost certainly get a replacement (assuming there's a valid warranty).
As I mentioned, the bad smell should be a big flag and I suggest that you try to get your money back; this involves your health.

Mr.Sifter

Thank you for your informative text.
I did email S&B and they assured that there still is guarantee on my unit because the mighty is not 2 years around yet.

Ah, 1min auto shut off is a sign for an older unit, i see.
I really like the built quality but the thin plastic around the bowl looks very delicate.
I really would like to get my housing replaced.

can a owner of the "new mighty" post a picture of this "delicate area", please ?

I cleaned everything i could reach with 99% ISO.
The smell got a lot less.

Still i will send it for inspections.
Do you think S&B will clean the internal parts and give me a new housing?

A brand new unit would be nice :D

edit:

oh noooooo
i found this comparison online

mighty-fake-5o8ukk.jpg

My housing looks like a fake.
someone just took a blue o-ring
i hope the original picture on the right shows the newer mighty 2.0 housing

img_2570eeuyw.jpg

Last edited:
Mr.Sifter,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thank you for your informative text.
I did email S&B and they assured that there still is guarantee on my unit because the mighty is not 2 years around yet.

Ah, 1min auto shut off is a sign for an older unit, i see.
I really like the built quality but the thin plastic around the bowl looks very delicate.
I really would like to get my housing replaced.

can a owner of the "new mighty" post a picture of this "delicate area", please ?

I cleaned everything i could reach with 99% ISO.
The smell got a lot less.

Still i will send it for inspections.
Do you think S&B will clean the internal parts and give me a new housing?

A brand new unit would be nice :D

edit:

oh noooooo
i found this comparison online

mighty-fake-5o8ukk.jpg

My housing looks like a fake.
someone just took a blue o-ring
i hope the original picture on the right shows the newer mighty 2.0 housing

img_2570eeuyw.jpg
On the right is "improved" housing. Yours may just be older, not necessarily fake just from your picture.
See product page that still shows original marketing shot with single post like you have.
http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/portable-mighty-vaporizer/

It's great news that SB will warrant!

vapviking,

verdampersweats

The fakes cannot do the hologram and the plastic shines like a bald dude. Look for the hologram and box first and then shiny plastic but it looks ok from here. Need to see hologram better tho.

verdampersweats,
Reactions: MinnBobber

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
So because I wasn't in a rush to send my Mighty to my authorize dealer when it crapped out, I now have to deal with S&B.

Sometimes this vaping thing causes stress when it should be taking it away.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Sorry Idk the corresponding series of serial numbers that marked these changes.

Don't quote me, but I believe they start around 15xxx. I had been holding off on purchasing a Mighty, and waited until the newer housing was released.......but I bought from PiU and didn't specify, and got an older unit that he had on stock while waiting for the new housing. Mine is 12xxxx and I don't think they go much past that.

It's May 2016.......3 more weeks and I'll have had a Mighty fine year with my Mighty :) No issues or cracks or anything. Sometimes it doesn't vibrate when it hits temp, and there are a few scratches on the sticker :) Not bad!!

I've really been putting it through it's paces the last month or so too, I think it got a bit phased out during the honeymoon phase of my other vapes, but now its back at it and going strong! A Mighty a day keeps the doctor away!

@Mr.Sifter I load mine, put the CU on, and then heat it up. And then when I'm done, I let the CU/Unit cool down as one, and then disconnect the CU and empty my load. (Unnecessary but I'd highly recommend)

HellsWindStaff,

mas300

I disagree. The FF2 works in an entirely different, complementary manner to the Mighty. Its technology doesn't obviate the Mighty's approach.

And until I see a portable that does what the Mighty does....somehow harvests the best of convection (great flavor) with the best of conduction (fast thick vapor, thorough cooking, no stirring) and the downsides of neither (no risk of combustion, no burnt taste), I'll continue to believe that the Mighty is a truly revolutionary, game-changing portable.

Perhaps soon someone will improve upon this near-mystical hybrid approach of the Mighty, but right now, as much as I adore the FF2, the Mighty still feels sui generis in the world of portable vapes...there is nothing that works in an even-remotely similar fashion. (Other than the Crafty, obviously.)
The mighty is so much more consistent it is not funny.The firefly works but requires a lot of tinkering.

uhranium

I need to start saving for my new 250€ replacement mighty. Sick of only getting 185°C+ with the solo, also I broke 3 solo stems already since I lost my mighty and I can't reclaim oil which makes my weekly cost way higher.

uhranium,

Eatrocks

If i was gonna spend 300 plus on a portable vape it would be between a ff2 and mighty....leaning more towards the mighty.

Pure convection from the ff2 sound great but doesnt sound like a multi person sess vape.

Top Bottom