The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

MinnBobber

@Quetzalcoatl
The Mighty doesn't have a very precise thermometer. We don't know the error range because B&S didn't declare it but it could be easily 10 degrees or more, equals to less than 3% accuracy, and then 390 bocomes in reality >400... going combusted...

Just to clarify, even if Mighty temp control is 3% off, 390 F would become 401.7 F which is nowhere near "going combusted".
I have a miniVAP with max temp of 437 F and Herbie with max temp of 445 or 447 F and they NEVER combust. ABV is nice dark coffee color and never a hint of combustion. I'm not a coffee drinker so maybe even lighter color than ground coffee???

I'm considering adding a Mighty but that was one of my concerns---why don't they have a much higher max temp??

organic weed

Just to clarify, even if Mighty temp control is 3% off, 390 F would become 401.7 F which is nowhere near "going combusted".
I have a miniVAP with max temp of 437 F and Herbie with max temp of 445 or 447 F and they NEVER combust. ABV is nice dark coffee color and never a hint of combustion. I'm not a coffee drinker so maybe even lighter color than ground coffee???

I'm considering adding a Mighty but that was one of my concerns---why don't they have a much higher max temp??

As I said, I think they heat higher... The definition of how "conbusted" looks like is a tuff one without lab analysis. In my opinion I t's always better to go for a lighter brown than a darker coffee brown because we don't really know how "a bit combusted" looks like....

organic weed,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH

MinnBobber

As I said, I think they heat higher... The definition of how "conbusted" looks like is a tuff one without lab analysis. In my opinion I t's always better to go for a lighter brown than a darker coffee brown because we don't really know how "a bit combusted" looks like....

No lab analysis needed. Even dark brown is not combusted ---no smoke, no smokey taste, no black.

Everyone has a different approach/ different opinion but I want every last mg of the goodies when I vape.
Take it to the max but often lower temps during the day, save the highest vapor for nighty-night time.

Of course, if you have a vape with hot spots etc, you may need to play it safe.
As I said, Herbie at 445 or 447 F, NEVER a HINT of combustion. 100% confident !!

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I was under the impression that I couldn't combust while using the Mighty. The temperatures I mentioned are the ones I like to use. Sometimes the highest I set it to is 380f but even at 410f I never feel like I'm getting close to combusting. If you don't like the taste or effect of the higher temperatures, then you can stick to low temperatures and enjoy it that way as well. :peace::nod:

skyvaper

From my own experience with the mflb and its learning curve Ive combusted in the unit. Ranging from slightly to most if not all of the material. The evidence of combustion in my mflb could be tasted and seen each and every time. My mighty has never come even close to that as far as taste or black avb. This is the first report Ive seen of any combustion and I follow both this and the crafty thread which is why if my unit ever reminded me of when I combusted in my mflb Id send it back for service.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I was under the impression that I couldn't combust while using the Mighty. The temperatures I mentioned are the ones I like to use. Sometimes the highest I set it to is 380f but even at 410f I never feel like I'm getting close to combusting. If you don't like the taste or effect of the higher temperatures, then you can stick to low temperatures and enjoy it that way as well. :peace::nod:

Every bowl I have ever run through the Mighty has ended with several hits at max temps. I have never come anywhere close to combustion, despite achieving near-complete extraction, every time.

Short of tossing it into a kiln, I don't think I could combust material in my Mighty if my life depended on it. :lol: With regard to temperature, it's the single-most controllable and consistent portable I've ever run across.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Every bowl I have ever run through the Mighty has ended with several hits at max temps. I have never come anywhere close to combustion, despite achieving near-complete extraction, every time.

Short of tossing it into a kiln, I don't think I could combust material in my Mighty if my life depended on it. :lol: With regard to temperature, it's the single-most controllable and consistent portable I've ever run across.
Yeah when I first got it I wasn't sure if it was working well because in my SOLO the AVB comes out way darker than in the Mighty.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@WakeAndVape that's exactly what I meant. The Pax definitely combusts, even if you set it at the middle T. However, I've seen that in the Mighty after 10/12 draws, if the T is over 365/185, then the herb can get pretty dark brown, not as dark as in the Pax but definitely dark brown. For me that's the beginning of a small combustion, and you can even smell a little bit more of roasted corn in the leftover. I guess my unit works just fine, because it's not darkening the herb at the beginning but just at the end after several draws. To me this means avoiding the higher T for too long...
I just think your very picky on the color of your avb, that's fine. But slightly combusted avb is black and turns into dust/ash when rubbed between the fingers. (Or at least that's MY understanding)

Even with the pax avb on high for 10 minutes isn't combusted, near it or close.
When you empty it and rub it between your fingers it will always have a sandy/fluffy consistency

To say it DEFINETLY COMBUSTS would be open to infinite debate, I do belive it definitely cooks it too much for your liking, but for my money bought herbs I like dark brown tobacco colored left overs and it STILL makes good avb butter

Those are reasons I would personally doubt it definetly combusted...try making butter with ashes or combusted herbs :bang:

zaphod42

Well said!

I just think your very picky on the color of your avb, that's fine. But slightly combusted avb is black and turns into dust/ash when rubbed between the fingers. (Or at least that's MY understanding)

Even with the pax avb on high for 10 minutes isn't combusted, near it or close.
When you empty it and rub it between your fingers it will always have a sandy/fluffy consistency

To say it DEFINETLY COMBUSTS would be open to infinite debate, I do belive it definitely cooks it too much for your liking, but for my money bought herbs I like dark brown tobacco colored left overs and it STILL makes good avb butter

Those are reasons I would personally doubt it definetly combusted...try making butter with ashes or combusted herbs :bang:

biohacker

My sweet spot with the Mighty is between 165C/329F and 185/365... Above that, I feel definitely a heavier vapor

And so you should. It sounds to me like you are experiencing a vapor/smoke hybrid as temperatures get closer to combustion and pyrolysis. Before that spark of combustion, solid matter will convert into gases. I don't enjoy dry vapour anymore, so I typically will hook the Mighty up to a water tool on MAX temp. This delivers massive condensed vapor hits and caches the bowl pretty fast. The result is a very dark brown pile of ABV that smells like absolute shit. Conduction is the key here...... perhaps you need to try a convection vape? You can extract great with a decent convection vape and still have very light ABV. Pretty sure there are threads already dedicated to this.

Anyway the law specifically prohibits delivery.

That's interesting....in Canada, the law specifically states that under the mmj program it MUST ONLY be done through mail order. Different system here....it just kills me how different the laws are...especially for you in the USA, with the state by state laws.

organic weed

Well said!

Agreed!

I don't enjoy dry vapour anymore, so I typically will hook the Mighty up to a water tool on MAX temp. This delivers massive condensed vapor hits and caches the bowl pretty fast. The result is a very dark brown pile of ABV that smells like absolute shit. Conduction is the key here...... perhaps you need to try a convection vape? .

@biohacker Thanx but I don't understand you point. The Mighty at max temperature will DEFINITELY combust probably through pyrolysis... and the Mighty IS a full convection vape like the Plenty... All S&B tools are convection. I had a conductive vape (Pax) and I went convecting coz conduction temp are very hard to control unless you have sofisticated Tmeters, which is not the case of vapes and heat unevenly throughout the bowl

One question. How do you attach it to a water tool? Flexible plastic tube?

This is the first report Ive seen of any combustion and I follow both this and the crafty thread which is why if my unit ever reminded me of when I combusted in my mflb Id send it back for service.

@skyvaper I have quiet high standards in terms of combustion because I want to avoid ingesting ANY possible cancerigen. I used to vape at very high T, almost max, but I have a rhinitis which makes me very sensible on combustion because it can irritate my throat pretty easily... I am not saying that the MIGHTY will combust at high T... What I'm saying is that I've noticed a slight beginning of combustion at the highest T and that is the reason why I usually keep it below 175C/347F... however, only lab analysis could really say up to what point it is... let's remember that combustion is at 230C/446F but we start having early combustion at 195C/383F

Last edited:
organic weed,

Justpassedu

Tried some broken up nugs by hand in the mighty last night at 400deg and some finely ground. Made for a really nice session but I'm only getting about 12 really nice hits off it with a fully packed oven. Extraction is very good though. How are some of you achieving longer sessions ? I want this to be good for two people once in awhile. Usually when I fully pack my pax2 or air I'll get about 20-25 nice pulls in a session.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
The Best time efficient method for cleaning my CU is to get the ISO warm, which I do using this method:

1. Pour ISO in zip lock bag and put fully assembled w/screen CU inside. (You can disassemble if you choose)
2. Get all the air out of the bag you can and make sure its sealed extremely well.
3. Put the zip lock inside an empty glass and fill the glass with hot tap water. (Hottest setting.)
4. After letting it soak for 2-3 minutes,Take it out of the hot water filled glass and shake very well for about 1 minute. (Careful not to shake too hard where the bag unseals)
5. Repeat "Step 3"
6. Repeat "Step 4"
7. If you reclaim, pour everything into wherever you pour your ISO reclaim and dissemble CU and drop it in the glass with hot water for a quick rinse of all ISO, and then let it dry disassembled.

:peace:

Finally gave this method a try this morning. It worked really well...I did find that I still needed to swab out bits of the CU as not all the gunk got shaken out, but the effort required was minimal. The plus side is this took half the time of my usual ISO soak process, and I didn't need to take off the o rings.

Good method...everyone should give it a shot. Just make sure you get your tap water as hot as you can...the heat makes all the difference. Thanks for the tip! :):nod:

biohacker

The Mighty at max temperature will DEFINITELY combust probably through pyrolysis

This is DEFINITELY incorrect. The Mighty, at any temperature including max will not combust. I'm quite certain there has not been one anecdotal post about this. Vapour/smoke hybrid is not the same as combustion.

the Mighty IS a full convection vape like the Plenty

Also incorrect. The Mighty, like the Plenty is a combination of convection and conduction. B&S (I like that one!) even says it themselves.

All S&B tools are convection

Nope.....maybe the Volcano? Never owned one, but i'd assume that the bowl is similar to the Plenty, which is a convection/conduction combo like mentioned above.

How do you attach it to a water tool? Flexible plastic tube?

Delta3Dstudios silicone WPA from @Ratchett. Works awesome, but if you keep reading you will discover something called a MuzzMod! POW!

I have quiet high standards in terms of combustion because I want to avoid ingesting ANY possible cancerigen

Same here, but there are other vapes that are "healthier" IMHO and these involve convection only. You're on the right track by keeping your temps on the lower side to avoid benzene and other nasties.

I am not saying that the MIGHTY will combust at high T

That's DEFINITELY what you said! Read the first quote.

What I'm saying is that I've noticed a slight beginning of combustion at the highest T and that is the reason why I usually keep it below 175C/347F

No problem, but that is quite the span.....35c...... I wouldnt be too concerned about it. The Mighty does NOT get as hot as many vapes, remember the max temp is only 210c.

let's remember that combustion is at 230C/446F but we start having early combustion at 195C/383F

Okay, I think i'm starting to understand what you are trying to say now.....yes, after about 195-200c you can get some compounds that aren't so desirable, but you also get higher temp cannabinoids that are, so you need to decide for yourself. Nothing is black or white. If it helps quell your apprehension, i've been vaping exclusively for a decade at essentially only high temps, and although i've dialed it back somewhat, I don't think I have any real issues because of the temperature. Back in my combustion bong snapping days on the other hand........chronic cough, etc.

How are some of you achieving longer sessions ?

I think it's basically just a function of temperature vs your hit/lung size as well as idle time.

Good method...everyone should give it a shot. Just make sure you get your tap water as hot as you can...the heat makes all th difference.

So true, I would not attempt to clean my CU without warm ISO again. I too still have to use a q-tip, but due to my usage, my CU gets gross pretty fast. In fact, this is one annoyance I have since i'm a flavour and purity snob (OCD). Even after just a few uses I can see and smell the grossness of the CU. It will be rectified with a MuzzMod soon I hope!

esoh

Yeah when I first got it I wasn't sure if it was working well because in my SOLO the AVB comes out way darker than in the Mighty.

oh man this freaked me out too on day #1 of my Mighty use. then i decided to just listen to how my brain/body was feeling and i realized i was getting high as fucking balls in half the time a bowl in the solo took.

MinnBobber

One question. How do you attach it to a water tool? Flexible plastic tube?

Someone already mentioned the @Ratchett Mighty/Crafty adapter. It's a silicone adapter that slides onto your Mighty mouthpiece and voila--- invert onto a 14 OR 18 mm female joint water piece and enjoy.
His latest version fits both sizes :)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Have we become so picky and deluded that now vaping isn't enough?

Have we taken out obsession with harvesting abv too far?

We can keep out herbs on the night stand and just smell them for effects.

THC is HEAT activated. We figured out how NOT to do it with a flame!
Let's pat ourselves on the back for being smart consumers

@organic weed, it seems like you have unique needs not all of us posses.

If you require the high but want to keep browning bud consumption minimal, vape on low and use your left overs for edibles. You'll like edibles. Everybody likes edibles.

itsnane

How easy is it to exchange your mighty for a newer one? When it reaches 3 bars, the performance becomes noticeably worse and several of my ribs are cracked. Do you think they would exchange it?

itsnane,

biohacker

@biohacker thanx for the info... Which vapes do you think are "healthier"?

It's my personal opinion that strictly convection vapes are "healthier", you'll have to PM me for more information because I really don't feel like opening a can of worms here, especially since it's already been done in other threads.

Have we become so picky and deluded that now vaping isn't enough?

Okay, so just because people want to implement further harm reduction with vaping they are according to you picky and delusional? Does this go for those who use water tools as well? I hope i'm misconstruing your comment.

Have we taken out obsession with harvesting abv too far?

Who cares? I toss that shit, but some others may prefer to make concentrates, or edibles.

We can keep out herbs on the night stand and just smell them for effects.

Now you are just being silly. Although holy fuck that would be awesome!

@organic weed, it seems like you have unique needs not all of us posses.

What's your point? I don't think his needs are unique at all. He cares about his health....so what's wrong with that?

If you require the high but want to keep browning bud consumption minimal, vape on low and use your left overs for edibles.

Or just purchase a convection vape for like 1/2 the price of a Mighty?

You'll like edibles. Everybody likes edibles.

Wrong!

How easy is it to exchange your mighty for a newer one? When it reaches 3 bars, the performance becomes noticeably worse and several of my ribs are cracked. Do you think they would exchange it?

There is no real "exchange". If there is a problem with your Mighty, they will attempt to repair it (if there actually is even a problem) and if they can't you will get a new Mighty. That's the way warranties are supposed to work. Chances are though that you will get a new firmware programmed as well as the updated housing, but who knows. I'll be joining you shortly, just haven't gathered the motivation to send it in yet! Definitely do keep us posted, and welcome to FC!!!!

biohacker,

radiant34

When I sent mine in they only upgraded my casing and firmware. Same guts though
It's my personal opinion that strictly convection vapes are "healthier", you'll have to PM me for more information because I really don't feel like opening a can of worms here, especially since it's already been done in other threads.

Okay, so just because people want to implement further harm reduction with vaping they are according to you picky and delusional? Does this go for those who use water tools as well? I hope i'm misconstruing your comment.

Who cares? I toss that shit, but some others may prefer to make concentrates, or edibles.

Now you are just being silly. Although holy fuck that would be awesome!

What's your point? I don't think his needs are unique at all. He cares about his health....so what's wrong with that?

Or just purchase a convection vape for like 1/2 the price of a Mighty?

Wrong!

There is no real "exchange". If there is a problem with your Mighty, they will attempt to repair it (if there actually is even a problem) and if they can't you will get a new Mighty. That's the way warranties are supposed to work. Chances are though that you will get a new firmware programmed as well as the updated housing, but who knows. I'll be joining you shortly, just haven't gathered the motivation to send it in yet! Definitely do keep us posted, and welcome to FC!!!!

radiant34,
Reactions: biohacker

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Finally gave this method a try this morning. It worked really well...I did find that I still needed to swab out bits of the CU as not all the gunk got shaken out, but the effort required was minimal.
Results may vary :p

It could be a few things:
1. I have 2 cooling units so I only do 10 or less sessions on each and then I clean them. Not very much use on them.
2. When I shake the bag, I shake it extremely hard but not enough to break the seal. You could try disassembling from the beggining like some other folks.
When I do this method even the screen looks brand new without ever taking it out and I have no gunk in there. I shine a led light to make sure there's no gunk in there.

Top Bottom