The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

verdampersweats

what do you imply by the consideration of highly immoral, you mean immoral because they sell it cheaper than the others? lol pay more when you want. If you havent noticed sb dont have the greatest prices. (but considering mine price I was in sceptical little bit too, but it turned out that they are trustworthy and great people, one of them is on the fc too) If you decide to go with them give them a call maybe, or mail them, that would maybe help, the mighty starts with MY and according to papers its at least from november 2016, is that the latest model?
reduction was 28 and I used points from purchase to get extras like caps +pads.
You know how I assured myself? simply by asking sb if they are their costumers, lady told me that they havent ordered that much (something like they are not their top costumer but they advised me to order straight from SB site, Im glad that I didnt.
I saw mighty for almost 500 on the australian site too, hope ausssies have oppportunity to get the mighty and other sb tools for cheaper.
I would be doing review of what I received very soon !
can pm you facture of mine. But do as your heart tells you !:)

I mean no offence but stating my opinion might offend some but i thought it was not a problem with the people selling it cheaper no no thats the whole point i thought of competition? I mean that S&B sell it at a higher cost when they sell direct from a factory. I remember watching those QVC shows mum was addicted too and when you bought direct from a factory or maker you normally got it at a special discount price because this is the price before a retailer or shop would take profit.

So in this instance its backwards in that its less expensive to go to the retailer who is supposed to take profit. I thought when you made a product you made a profit of selling to retailer who then took another profit. If they are more expensive and they make the damm thing then they obviously take the profit for being a maker but then also take the profit the retailer would.

It confused me but then again there are no rules here. I will just have to see what my head says when i make an enquiry at the retailer i choose. And the resllers on here are probably great and very trustworty as you stated. Asking S&B if they bought stock is quite smart though kudos there. :)

verdampersweats,
I thought about it same and what I came up with is this, some resellers sell some things cheaper but got other products for more expensive prices maybe thats the tactics :)
You never knew for how much SB is selling the pieces to resellers. But just to mention I checked it out very carefully its genuine sb product.
Maybe the factory discount applies only to some factories and for larger amounts of product, you never know for how much they are selling them to resellers as I stated before

verdampersweats

@blablablabla Maybe hehe! I managed to narrow it down to two lacentralevapeur.com is 252 Euro and 273 Euro from Vaposhop.com. The only problem with the French site who seem the best in France is how do i checkout in English and do i get free delivery to the UK.

If i do im down for that instead of S&B offer of 328 Euro.

@blablablabla Maybe hehe! I managed to narrow it down to two lacentralevapeur.com is 252 Euro and 273 Euro from Vaposhop.com. The only problem with the French site who seem the best in France is how do i checkout in English and do i get free delivery to the UK.

If i do im down for that instead of S&B offer of 328 Euro.
I saw they have some like lsv for more expensive price so maybe that was it.
Shipping was extra but the total with it was 260 + capsules and pads, you can also pick glass mouthpiece if you want it instead. I did both. It still depends on you, you can get in touch with them or choose vaposhop(that was my original move but I canceled order from them no offense, just Im tight with the budged and want to save,when you consider the extras is way more than from them even throught vaposhop got their shipping for free and lacentrevapeur is paid, still better deal for me) Thats just my 2 cent :D If you want to see facture of mine or what I got pm me ;)
hope that might help you ;)
/
I almost forgot about the checkout, I had problem with it too, sended them email with what I want and they created account for me, so the last thing was payment which was smooth) when I didnt know what the site was saying I used google translator and chrome translator lol

blablablabla,

verdampersweats

@blablablabla Yea i managed to find out they do free delivery honestly i wanted no accesories at all i just plan to use two with the easyflow adapters and http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/14-5mm-and-18-8mm-glass-adapter-double-bowl/381268450.html to keep it upright. I might get the Y adapter measured better though so they are back to back with no spaces.

If im right its worth the money at that price and it will actually be able to stand as one unit once the Y adapter is on the top. Thanks man i think thats who im going to go with and ask them to create an account they even take paypal which was a requirement of mine as well. All boxes ticked apart from the money now. And by the end of the month i wil be 2/3 of the way. :)

Vaporcussion

Got a email from S&B anouncing their BRAND NEW......grinder, sigh...

But you haven't even tried direct loading?

Direct Loading with the coarse screen is the best experience, imo. But you can't dump/refill while driving, or lying on a windy beach! That's where the capsules rule....

Hoping that Mighty improvements include faster heatup times, after receiving the Solo 2 the Mighty seems slow! Would be nice for the Mighty to hit a little higher on the temps too, now that Solo 2 tops at 220c.

I feel that S&B will be refreshing the Mighty and Crafty this year! Well, that's my dream anyway.

Agreed, it's slow in comparison to Arizer and many others. A little hotter than 410F would be nice for concentrates, although 410 is doing just fine. As for a new product, I totally agree. They started with the grinder, lol

I think I saw that happen once or twice, and even the display pulling a David Copperfield and disappearing altogther! :o But then never saw the phenomenon occur ever again.

Glad you guys brought this up. When I first turn on, the screen stays blank for a split second; then it all pops up.

one more thing does anybody use oilpad capsules for concentrate? or do you use the bigger oil pad included with the mighty? Which would according to your opinions protect the device from unwanted clogging ? Does anybody use dosing caps with pads with no issues?

Definite go with the capsule with the built in pads. With the original larger pad there was the danger of leaking into the bowl. I've been using dabs of hashy looking wax, and it works great! Really great. I enjoy it more through the Mighty than with my FF2, which I may sell at this point...

@blablablabla Yea i managed to find out they do free delivery honestly i wanted no accesories at all i just plan to use two with the easyflow adapters and http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/14-5mm-and-18-8mm-glass-adapter-double-bowl/381268450.html to keep it upright. I might get the Y adapter measured better though so they are back to back with no spaces.

If im right its worth the money at that price and it will actually be able to stand as one unit once the Y adapter is on the top. Thanks man i think thats who im going to go with and ask them to create an account they even take paypal which was a requirement of mine as well. All boxes ticked apart from the money now. And by the end of the month i wil be 2/3 of the way. :)
I almost forgot, now I remember your post exactly, where you mentioned that you want to connect two devices into one. Hope it will then go smooth, Im happy to share it with everyone, hope it helps everyone who is tight with money and want to save and still get great deal.
Got a email from S&B anouncing their BRAND NEW......grinder, sigh...

Direct Loading with the coarse screen is the best experience, imo. But you can't dump/refill while driving, or lying on a windy beach! That's where the capsules rule....

Agreed, it's slow in comparison to Arizer and many others. A little hotter than 410F would be nice for concentrates, although 410 is doing just fine. As for a new product, I totally agree. They started with the grinder, lol

Glad you guys brought this up. When I first turn on, the screen stays blank for a split second; then it all pops up.

Definite go with the capsule with the built in pads. With the original larger pad there was the danger of leaking into the bowl. I've been using dabs of hashy looking wax, and it works great! Really great. I enjoy it more through the Mighty than with my FF2, which I may sell at this point...

Thank you for the liquid pads caps tip, which temp should I start with If I want to do this in economic way(prolong the sessions, I would get just light puff and then remove the capsule)
Do you put any herb under or above the capsule if there is any place left when you use caps with the liquid pads?
I want to also sell brand new LSV + mobius ion glass rig(bought before the mighty still sitting in that case with no use, but I still did not meet the requirements to post in classifieds.

Thank you

blablablabla,

canopycrawler

If I were gonna have two, it would be two Mighty's, and I've had both.
I think all the best reasons have been enumerated, here's yet another.
The final argument, that of battery longevity/cost, is won hands down by Mighty.
Bearing in mind that we have zero reports of anyone's Mighty or Crafty lasting 600 hours, while we do have reports of batteries needing replacement at least once at 135 hrs. (one of my Crafty's; I got a 'break' at $50, and the price has gone up), and
Using an arbitrary lifetime as example:
Crafty's one battery may last, say 150 hours. Replacement cost, $70 US and likely postage for non warranty service.
Mighty's two batteries would go for twice as long, or 300 hours and cost $90 US to replace, plus postage.

If your piece lasts 600 hours, Crafty's costs will be 600/80= 7.5 times replaced @ $70= $525.00.
Mighty costs will be 600/300= 2 times replaced @ $90= $180.00. And postage would be half as many trips for the Mighty over this time period.

From what I can gather here, I'm a medium-to-heavy user and I log about 40 hours a month (that was my avg. over three Crafty in 8 months). So, in my example, I would spend a shitpot of money either way and that would be bonkers, but the illustration is interesting.

I joined to find out if anyone else had their Crafty hours rollover at 600 hours. I guess this is my answer "we have zero reports of anyone's Mighty or Crafty lasting 600 hours" :)

canopycrawler,

Vaporcussion

Thank you for the liquid pads caps tip, which temp should I start with If I want to do this in economic way(prolong the sessions, I would get just light puff and then remove the capsule)
Do you put any herb under or above the capsule if there is any place left when you use caps with the liquid pads?

I tried 390-410 and the whole range worked. For economy, I would just use less material rather than take the capsule out, but that's up to you! I tried mixing in herb once and it was harsh for me, because I don't normally vape herb at 390-410. However, if you already vape at that temp, go for it!

I joined to find out if anyone else had their Crafty hours rollover at 600 hours. I guess this is my answer "we have zero reports of anyone's Mighty or Crafty lasting 600 hours" :)

Don't know how anyone could time their Mighty hours, unless we had a stopwatch. All we have is length of ownership, and so far, so good!

blablablabla,
I tried 390-410 and the whole range worked. For economy, I would just use less material rather than take the capsule out, but that's up to you! I tried mixing in herb once and it was harsh for me, because I don't normally vape herb at 390-410. However, if you already vape at that temp, go for it!

Don't know how anyone could time their Mighty hours, unless we had a stopwatch. All we have is length of ownership, and so far, so good!
Thank you very much for that vape range gotta take note in my head lol,will try to microdose with it I use it all the way from 329 with herbs(to get them flavorful terps) and work my way up slowly to 410 :)

blablablabla,

Montell

I really want a mighty, I am having a tough time though, its 500 dollars in canada, 360 i can cope with in america but 500 thats half a grand for a vape.

I am curious if it is still worth that, or if i should be looking at something newer/bit less money. I assume for 300 or slightly more usd i could get a good newer vape to.

However the reason I am looking at the mighty is because looking at reviews I have not seen a comparable for a portable. I love hearing performance of a desktop, i like clouds and i value very good airflow.

Is this vape still worth 500 canadian, especially given what I like about it, or should i be considering other newer vapes for a bit less?

I currently own a boundless cfx and a sticky brick jr, sticky brick jr is a different experience more like a pipe or bong vape somewhat of a novelty i purchased for 150, but i know the mighty would be an upgrade on the boundless.

A desktop vape is also an option because i smoke at home, but i like to go outside on my deck and pass it around when i am with others, I assume that makes a desktop difficult for this criteria.

Last edited:
Montell,
Reactions: kushkush

Bomb33

Haven't used the boundless. But have heard a user on here say the mighty blows it outta the water. Lol. Stirring?
I bought mine for 504 after stinking tax. I know you could find cheaper for sure. Look around. And about it being worth it......... fucking right ya bud. You will save the money in bud that you aren't smoking. It can be very efficient with the capsules. It's worth every penny. And right now at this very instant it is what I think the most reliable portable out there that performs this good. Prove me wrong and buy one. I can almost guarantee your face will light up as did mine. And you will say that it's the best thing you ever purchased.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
I really want a mighty, I am having a tough time though, its 500 dollars in canada, 360 i can cope with in america but 500 thats half a grand for a vape.

I am curious if it is still worth that, or if i should be looking at something newer/bit less money. I assume for 300 or slightly more usd i could get a good newer vape to.

However the reason I am looking at the mighty is because looking at reviews I have not seen a comparable for a portable. I love hearing performance of a desktop, i like clouds and i value very good airflow.

Is this vape still worth 500 canadian, especially given what I like about it, or should i be considering other newer vapes for a bit less?

I currently own a boundless cfx and a sticky brick jr, sticky brick jr is a different experience more like a pipe or bong vape somewhat of a novelty i purchased for 150, but i know the mighty would be an upgrade on the boundless.

A desktop vape is also an option because i smoke at home, but i like to go outside on my deck and pass it around when i am with others, I assume that makes a desktop difficult for this criteria.
I think that the Mighty excels at group session vaping, it has enough capacity for 3-5 people depending on tolerance, and will vape 6-7 bowls on a charge which is great.

I think $500 is just about too much for the vape but does offer an experience that rivals my Herbalizer.

One huge down side to the vape is the cooling unit cleaning that is required. It gets gunky pretty fast and can be a serious pain to clean.

Winegums,

Receptor

All my vaping sessions are timed... 3 sessions a day @ 15min. per session.....30 months of ownwership.
So far...so good!! Battery has degraded to approx 60min. from my usage pattern. Model serial# in 300's.

CANNABIS......Cluster Headache....ReNew...Mission. Good To-Go!!!

Receptor,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey! Welcome to the forum.
To be fair, you are quoting me from Jan, 2016, Crafty had only been out a little over a year, so there's a lot more water under the bridge at this point - but still stories are sparse about long Crafty life without user intervention. The best example we have is the pioneering work of @Vambo1980. See;

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-crafty-by-storz-bickel.15984/page-338#post-1066915
You can do a search of his previous posts to learn more. And btw, that's all in the Crafty thread.

By "rollover" do you mean it went to 000 hours after the 600 mark? Or did it go to 601 as expected? Either way, it sounds like you must've done something right in life! to be rewarded like this!

Is it possible apply same technique like this ? with heat gun or hair dryer carefully removing the sticker from back so the warranty would not get voided?
https://www.reddit.com/r/craftymighty/comments/5gnjaz/crafty_battery_replacement/
Also, see the work of @Vambo1980 . I think one of his innovations was moving the battery's heat sensor a little away from the battery. Another was soldering connections to the board, eliminating the plugs (weak link in the circuit). But the piece you're linking to on reddit looks very informative.

One huge down side to the vape is the cooling unit cleaning that is required. It gets gunky pretty fast and can be a serious pain to clean.
There are a couple of very easy cleaning methods for Mighty/Crafty c/u's. We've been over this lots of times.
I will admit that the Grasshopper (my reference comparison) requires almost zero cleaning. I love the new Hopper performance front end (PFE), even less cleaning with this in place. But I don't find cleaning Mighty to be much trouble.

verdampersweats

Zero cleaning is quite the statement @vapviking when i was looking at one and with OCD i am pretty much tied up in my free time with chores, Cleaning my Herbo is already a bitch cleaning two portable vapes also would be insane hence why i bought a Mighty with capsules and was looking at a second instead of a Mighty/Hopper combo. This is pretty much no cleaning if i threw the capsules out btw.

I hate myself i really do lol but at least you know you are getting all the little bits of info. I do not think i make many mistakes either my first desktop was the Herborizer aka perfection and my first portable was the Mighty. My second portable and final puchase must be complete perfection.

Receptor

My original is going on 30months...@600hrs+. Got a second newly used as back up?
Received a Solo2 and/well...guess what...Mighty Solo is that good IMO. No Regrets...
Be Happy...ENJOY!!!!

CANNABIS....Cluster Headache....ReNew...Mission. Good to-Go!!!

Receptor,

verdampersweats

Do not, and I repeat DO NOT buy the Grasshopper then! Read REDDIT.

Mighty is close to perfection, as is the Solo 2 IMO.

Its just the wastage of two bowls heating up and down and up and down compared to having one sipper and one mega extractor. The GH battery life sounds crap for high temp lovers though i never dip below 210c i was one of those who like yourself thought it should be 220c standard on portables.

The thing with two is pass-through and capsules mean no cleaning and i can pop in and out with two bowls what i want. I would want to be in the garden sometimes with them in pass-through mode too i think with an extension. I think i am 90% sold it is just the niggling 10% saying try the Hopper. But i cannot be arsed with that battery life and multiple batterys.

Think about the size when you need more than one, Then size that up to a single mighty you have half the size profile of a mighty in my opinion someone taking a few would have a carry case which is the same size as a mighty and defeats the whole point for me personally.

verdampersweats,

biohacker

Its just the wastage of two bowls heating up and down and up and down compared to having one sipper and one mega extractor.

Why heat up and down? Why not just load less and rip it in one or two big hits? And the capsules sound like they are perfect for you?

The Mighty doesn't have "true" pass through, but if it's FULLY charged I do believe it can charge faster than is being used, however still is hard on the battery.

verdampersweats

Why heat up and down? Why not just load less and rip it in one or two big hits? And the capsules sound like they are perfect for you?

The Mighty doesn't have "true" pass through, but if it's FULLY charged I do believe it can charge faster than is being used, however still is hard on the battery.

Would that not defeat the point of having two then? Part of the effect of getting big clouds is having more herb to be in contact. To be honest though considering i was not thinking of using and even selling both the CU's for easyflows its not hard to take it off mid session and take it out with tweezers or one of the tools you have with the Supreme 3?

Then again i do have caps with the dosing capsules built in so i have both options for small loads i guess i am just going to have to shut up and try it and stop talking. I do wish i knew more about pass-through though i never knew it was hard on the battery do you drain them fully and then recharge only? Would doing it on a full battery plugged in not conserve the battery or is the little micro charging up and down more harmful?

verdampersweats,

biohacker

I guess i'm not really certain what your goals are here? Why not fill both halfway then? I just don't think the Mighty is the vape for really "re-heating" your first session, so the capsules sound the trick. But I don't think you'll get as big clouds as loading direct. To be honest I think with what you're looking for, the Solo 2 would be way more suitable IMO. Otherwise take the chance with the GH and stop being such a pussy ;)

I was told by S&B that when the mighty is FULLY charged, that it works like a pass-through, but i've brought it up in this thread before and was told that it's definitely not "true" pass-thru

As for charging, like ALL li-ion batteries it's best not to drain fully, but rather keep 'em topped up, or close to it. Checkout batteryuniversity.com for all the info you need!

Vaporcussion

So "true" pass through means that it works even with no batteries installed; but since we can't remove the batteries, it's a non issue, imo.

What is important is that even if the batteries are completely drained to zero, you can plug in and vape immediately, and they will charge from zero to full while you vape! That's "pass through" enough for me! It feels and acts just like a desktop.

I do wish i knew more about pass-through though i never knew it was hard on the battery do you drain them fully and then recharge only? Would doing it on a full battery plugged in not conserve the battery or is the little micro charging up and down more harmful?

You don't have to even think or be careful, imo. Charge it up and down, micro or macro, it doesn't matter.

verdampersweats

I guess i'm not really certain what your goals are here? Why not fill both halfway then? I just don't think the Mighty is the vape for really "re-heating" your first session, so the capsules sound the trick. But I don't think you'll get as big clouds as loading direct. To be honest I think with what you're looking for, the Solo 2 would be way more suitable IMO. Otherwise take the chance with the GH and stop being such a pussy ;)

I was told by S&B that when the mighty is FULLY charged, that it works like a pass-through, but i've brought it up in this thread before and was told that it's definitely not "true" pass-thru

As for charging, like ALL li-ion batteries it's best not to drain fully, but rather keep 'em topped up, or close to it. Checkout batteryuniversity.com for all the info you need!

I saw it advertised too about pass through nevermind im going to just do it and have 2x bowls because wastage should not dictate a purchase. It is only a worry because it is expensive here normally if i had a lot two bowls togeather would be beastly and ideal. I am not sure how long battery life is at 210c in the cold? It is only 10c/50F here at the minute for vaping.

verdampersweats,
Top Bottom