The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
I used the loading tool to fill a Mighty bowl so it was full but probably not at all packed, or barely packed. Medium grind, I suppose (one pass through upright SCS 4-piece). Scale said it weighed 0.15 g. Also looked like about 0.15 g.

Just in case me or my scale screwed up, is 0.15 g consistent with what you'd expect to fill a Mighty bowl? If yes, please Like this post.
Sometimes I jam it to make .2:tup:

MileHighHuman

All you gotta do is go in the search function and enter my member name and click off search this thread only.

Edited to remove dead link! :doh:

Hey so i took the time to search for your past post, and i did find was you saying you used it in rotation with another second Mighty and they handled 2 grams / per day perfectly.

I hope you can see i attempted to search, but i was wondering more about if one Mighty vaporizer will hold up as daily driver going thru ~5 grams/every day (if it needs to be kept plugged in all the time thats fine)

Or would repairs be required too often?

biohacker

2 Mighty's in my household, 2 vapour enthusiasts! ;)

Plugged in or not, at 5g/day in the Mighty (holy crap! :o) I think it's pretty heavy duty use and IMHO only I think that the PLENTY would be a much better suited device from you.

I don't know if you would need repairs frequently (probably not, but who knows) but I do think your battery will go downhill pretty quickly. Why not be a pioneer and use it plugged in on full battery and see what happens?

MileHighHuman

2 Mighty's in my household, 2 vapour enthusiasts! ;)

Plugged in or not, at 5g/day in the Mighty (holy crap! :o) I think it's pretty heavy duty use and IMHO only I think that the PLENTY would be a much better suited device from you.

I don't know if you would need repairs frequently (probably not, but who knows) but I do think your battery will go downhill pretty quickly. Why not be a pioneer and use it plugged in on full battery and see what happens?

I was thinking a similar thing!

i plan to use while laying in bed or on my couch mostly so i feel the Mighty would be much easier and simpler to use in those situations.

The Plenty seems somewhat bulky and may be a bit better if used with a desk/table?

And i know the Plenty has the cooling coil, but I'm really interested in trying out the Mighty's cooling unit. It seems to get everyone's attention

i think I'm going to take the other suggestion of just seeing what happens. I really just wanted to confirm here that it has a chance to survive with that type of use.

But especially with the recent price drop i dont see me regretting the purchase. Unless Storz and Bikel announces a whole new line up of vapes! Lol.

subway13029

i plan to use while laying in bed or on my couch mostly so i feel the Mighty would be much easier and simpler to use in those situations.

The Plenty seems somewhat bulky and may be a bit better if used with a desk/table?

And i know the Plenty has the cooling coil, but I'm really interested in trying out the Mighty's cooling unit. It seems to get everyone's attention

i think I'm going to take the other suggestion of just seeing what happens. I really just wanted to confirm here that it has a chance to survive with that type of use.

But especially with the recent price drop i dont see me regretting the purchase. Unless Storz and Bikel announces a whole new line up of vapes! Lol.
If it breaks s and b will have your back so give it a go..it's a real game changer...still....it's been out few years and it's still just about perfect...

vapviking

Old & In the Way
IDK, I broke a fin on my mighty and it only gets about 5-6 bowls on a charge and it's only 30 months old! So it's not perfect, lol.
2-1/2 years is a pretty good run for a set of rechargeable batteries.
I've forgotten exactly how much S&B requires for replacement of batteries, I think it's about $125 US. Over 30 months that works out to just over 4 dollars/month.
Mine gets 6-8 bowls and it's 20 months old, but I rarely count because I usually put it on the charger anytime it's not in use, even sometimes while it is in use! Not perfect, but it sure makes me a happy guy.

biohacker

You have a two year warranty (3 if your credit card has warranty protection insurance, many do), so I don't think you have to worry about anything except the batteries, and since batteries are a "consumable item" only you can decide for yourself if it's worthwhile. Otherwise, buy just buy two to ease up the load if you don't want to buy a Plenty (which also can be found for a steal second hand". I much preferred the Mighty over Plenty, but the Plenty can deliver devastating hits when loaded up! Just IMO, but if you're at 5g/day you may want to consider changes in your relationship with the sacred plant, as your tolerance must be sky high, and less is more with cannabis if your tolerance is on track (sensitive receptors). I've been up to 3g/day when my receptors were downregulated, but with re-sensitization could feel MUCH more therapeutic effects with a fraction of that daily dosage. I can look up the relevant threads for you if you like. If not, not sure there is anymore to say - keep doing your research, and let your conscience be your guide.

ChooChooCharlie

I used the loading tool to fill a Mighty bowl so it was full but probably not at all packed, or barely packed. Medium grind, I suppose (one pass through upright SCS 4-piece). Scale said it weighed 0.15 g. Also looked like about 0.15 g.

Just in case me or my scale screwed up, is 0.15 g consistent with what you'd expect to fill a Mighty bowl? If yes, please Like this post.

Grind and dryness of herb can change weight dramatically given two samples of similar volume, so comparing with another user can be difficult. I usually got 0.18-0.2g loading directly, and 0.14-0.16g in capsules.

Probably. Since you mentioned it, I just fiddled around with the one that came with my Mighty. It would probably be way more troublesome than convenient; my hands and fingers are just about useless. But I may give it a try sometime.

Take a look at @Ratchett 's Mighty filling funnel. Think this would be your best loading solution, after what you've said about your dexterity issues. His funnel is large, IMO best for home loading, but what's important to you is the handling ease. Larger and simpler is better.

For other readers who are capsule users:

When experimenting with capsules, I think I figured out why they sometimes leave behind a big mess. Partial loads are the culprit. Partial loads leave room to shift and mix a bit during each draw, so all of the bits get a chance at escape. However, when you fill capsules, shifting doesn't occur -- so only the tiny bits that are at top of load near the lid get through.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Take a look at @Ratchett 's Mighty filling funnel. Think this would be your best loading solution, after what you've said about your dexterity issues. His funnel is large, IMO best for home loading, but what's important to you is the handling ease. Larger and simpler is better.

Thanks for the shout out!

Hopefully I'll have some news on a new design for the dosing capsule filling tray in the VERY near future. Working on the first batch this week. Hoping to mention something here early next month once I have some photos to share.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I tried the mighty with a dosing capsule.
I found the hits to be denser.
Perhaps a tiny bit of conductive heat was occurring from the metal capsule walls, and inter-hole spaces.
In any event I did like it.
I did not care for the reducer in the Plenty, and not so much in the Volcano, but I did love it in the mighty.
I can see where I will use it when time allows.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I tried the mighty with a dosing capsule.
I found the hits to be denser.
Perhaps a tiny bit of conductive heat was occurring from the metal capsule walls, and inter-hole spaces.
In any event I did like it.
I did not care for the reducer in the Plenty, and not so much in the Volcano, but I did love it in the mighty.
I can see where I will use it when time allows.

That's funny, I really enjoy using my Crafty with the dosing capsules precisely because it does produce bigger more satisfying clouds when sharing with friends :lol:

That's why I'm happy to supply both options for loading depending on my customer's needs. I've still got a few more tricks up my sleeve for loading vaporizers in the works. I love inventing new things! :science:

ChooChooCharlie

They are close, but I agree with you both. As many of us painfully know, the capsules retain heat for 30 seconds outside of the chamber. My warped way of thinking on this involves two parts. First is what's been mentioned, capsules "goose" the hybrid heating. More metal mass, especially on top and bottom -> retaining decent heat between draws, allowing for more efficient convection during draws, getting vapor production a second or so sooner perhaps. Of course, the capsules are not increasing load temp, just mellowing the dips. My second vaped idea should probably be dismissed immediately as hogwash, but I have an affection for the movement of air and how it affects production. Those 33 holes ... reminds me of a kitchen faucet sprayer, ensuring even distribution of hot air through load. Too fantastical?

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Those 33 holes ... reminds me of a kitchen faucet sprayer, ensuring even distribution of hot air through load. Too fantastical?

I think you're exaggerating the ratio of heat transfer through those holes. Due to the extremely thin wall thickness, I do believe there is some heat retained in the walls of the capsules, which increases the conduction heating properties of the vaporizer. However I don't believe the capsules effect the convection heating properties of the vaporizer - for that you'd need to dramatically increase the wall thickness of the capsules (which would then take considerably longer to reach vaping temps and cost considerably more per capsule)

ChooChooCharlie

Yeah, you're probably right.

So confused now I need a consult with Professor Smirnoff.

edit: Prof told me to think of the aluminum capsule as an insulating cover, nearly surrounding load with thermal reflective aluminum. Load heat is kept higher between draws, so less incoming convective air is devoted to raising temp to target vaping level. Then we did shots and a capsule.

When I wrote there's more mass especially in top and bottom, I meant in comparison to loading stock with screens above and below, I didn't mean that it would provide additional heating, but additional insulating between draws.

The holes air flow distribution idea was meant to be completely distinct from the heating issue -- sorry for the confusion, and thanks if you read this far into my ramblings.

Last edited:

subway13029

i agree with the bigger hits with capsules but i get less of them..is it because of smaller load? or just fewer bigger hits?? goddamn i love science time!! time to test...hahaha...oh yeah no mighty yet..she will.be mine again...oh yes she will be mine again...

biohacker

i agree with the bigger hits with capsules but i get less of them..is it because of smaller load?

I think that would make sense. Although I personally never experienced bigger hits with the capsules myself, but perhaps I wasn't stuffing enough in them. I'm not the only one in this thread that has preferred direct load vs capsule, although I know i'm the sole minority here recently. I think .25g is reasonable direct pack, and with the proper grind can really belt out some huge hits with my massive lung capacity. I had high hopes for the capsules, they just never impressed me from a performance standpoint. Pretty sure I wasn't loading enough in them though, fearing airflow restriction. I look forward to testing them again, just need to order some!

subway13029

its less convenient when at the house when your just chilling. i like them for on the go and all that..but i also really like the direct pack..to me either way you get solid nice hits any way you go..i like the capsules so i can pack a few and just pop in pocket and im good..but if i was just at the house and vaping i would and have just direct pack it up..

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
i agree with the bigger hits with capsules but i get less of them..is it because of smaller load? or just fewer bigger hits??

Bigger clouds means more of the herb's active compounds are being cooked. Yes the oven size is slightly smaller, but the real difference here is the added conduction heating - this helps cook the load's outer surface while the convection airflow from the center cooks the middle of the load.

This yields a faster extraction of the actives in a single hit. Indeed your sessions will be shorter because you're cooking at a faster rate than without the dosing capsules.

Personally, I like keeping the oven clean at the expense of a faster extraction rate.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
its less convenient when at the house when your just chilling. i like them for on the go and all that..but i also really like the direct pack..to me either way you get solid nice hits any way you go..i like the capsules so i can pack a few and just pop in pocket and im good..but if i was just at the house and vaping i would and have just direct pack it up..
Yeah, I do think the capsules would be good for concerts and whatnot, even with the difficulties caused by my disability; especially in conjunction with the loading tool. But I rarely leave my neighborhood anymore. So I doubt I'll have any real need for them.

Still, I like that S&B thinks of things like this, then adds them to their product line. I'm so glad I found my way to S&B (Mighty, Volcano; both in 2017), because S&B vapes blow away pretty much everything else I've used; including Herbalizer. I love how they think.

ChooChooCharlie

My Mighty is always at the door, begging to go out. Jumps up on the bed, too.

u2FhebPl.jpg

Top Bottom