The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Carlos8400

It works with glass, just like the GH, the IQ, and many other vapes do, but it wasn't designed with that use in mind.
Once i used a vape designed to be used with glass only, ie the Herborizer Ti, i realized the huge gap there is between a vape designed that way, and a vape that had glass use as an after thought or a secondary option.

If you plan to mostly use the vape natively and want to be able to use it with glass once in a while, then go for it, it is a great vape.
If you use glass 100% of the time, it would just not make sens to me, there are vapes on the market that are much better at that. That would be like buying a sports car to go off-roading....

Regarding the glass mouthpiece, yes it does make a difference.
It does cool the vapour a little bit more, but mostly it is a feel thing, i really hate plastic in my mouth.
The glass mouthpiece has the same ergonomics as the plastic one, but it feels much better in use.

cloudsosmoke

if you do get easy flow adapter
maybe worth remembering it shouldnt be twisted around too far
- the threads dont match

.. i eventually broke some of the top housing on my crafty by not remembering this
(goooaaahhhghhh ..i think i said)

luckily S&B customer service is so good that
when i did RMA later (for other reasons)
they sent me a new one

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have those and they work great:

https://www.vaposhop.com/vaporizer_accessoires/crafty-mighty-water-adapter/

I never use the mighty with water anymore now that i have the Herbo Ti, but i never had any problems with the adapters whilst i used them.

IMO if you are going to go through the trouble of using a water tool there isn't really a point using the Mighty. What it does best is native with a glass mouthpiece.
Unfortunately that adapter isn't readily available (cheap) in US, so I use the muzzmod. I had spare c/u's free with RMA's, and the glass was ten bucks.

I appreciate using a Grasshopper for the bigger clouds with or without water, but the Mighty is really nice for a longer more relaxed session, with or without water. To each their own.

In my time I've done some crazy shit in relation to consciousness alteration but for some vague reasons, at my age, I'm committed to not getting involved with flame activated vapes. They're just not for me.

vapviking,

JohnDank

The mighty should be delivered today. Should I do some burnoffs before using ? And should I take off the cooling unit as well when I do it?

Vaporcussion

Concentrates. I've never used liquid on the pads, (as the only access I have are those liquid cartridges), but I got a hold of some wax (dab). I put some in the capsule with the built in pad, temp at 410, and it worked great! Capsule/pad system keeps the bowl clean, and it's much more relaxing than using my FF2. Anyway, I remember reading that concentrates need to be closer to 500 degrees, but 410 seems to be working just fine

c76man

In search of the best terps and smoothest vapor
Anyone know a good way to clean bottom screen?
Did you remove it? If not, you can use the orange tool, dental pick, or similar to loosen the edges and pull it out. Then an iso soak or a very careful torch/lighter so as not to damage the screen.

bigfiend

Hey everyone, i purchased a mighty on 420 but i haven't been satisfied with the size or amount of hits ive been getting especially after reading about other peoples experiences. i usually fill up a dosing capsule about 3/4 of the way, put a screen on top, and vape it starting at around 365F, increasing the temp gradually as i go. I would say I only get 4-5 alright hits then it peters out. Any tips for optimal technique?

bigfiend,

Vaporcussion

Hey everyone, i purchased a mighty on 420 but i haven't been satisfied with the size or amount of hits ive been getting especially after reading about other peoples experiences. i usually fill up a dosing capsule about 3/4 of the way, put a screen on top, and vape it starting at around 365F, increasing the temp gradually as i go. I would say I only get 4-5 alright hits then it peters out. Any tips for optimal technique?

You grind your herb, yes?
Is that 3/4 packed firm or loose? It should be firm, not floating around.
When you say putting a screen on top, do you mean in addition to the top of the capsule?
S&B recommends starting at 356F, going to 374 (180-190c)

Vaporcussion,

bigfiend

You grind your herb, yes?
Is that 3/4 packed firm or loose? It should be firm, not floating around.
When you say putting a screen on top, do you mean in addition to the top of the capsule?
S&B recommends starting at 356F, going to 374 (180-190c)

Its packed pretty firm, but i could try tamping it down more. and yes ive experimented with putting a screen under the top of the dosing cap when i dont fill it all of the way. What is the best draw technique? I also have a Da Buddha and Arizer Solo for comparison.

bigfiend,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Did you remove it? If not, you can use the orange tool, dental pick, or similar to loosen the edges and pull it out. Then an iso soak or a very careful torch/lighter so as not to damage the screen.

I haven't, will probably just get some new ones (fine screen) cause my CU fine screen is pretty warped from repeated torching, Ty for tool suggestions

ambertrichome

DIY Muzzmod is the way to go IMO! However my girlfriend prefers the CU even when she uses it through water for that "extra" filtration/cooling effect, so she likes the SonG. All depends on your needs, muzzmod soils your glass alot more obviously.
Vote 1 for the Muzz mod :myday: Just make sure you follow the excellent detailed directions to the letter and it should last indefinitely:sherlock:

ambertrichome,

zippy

I had one from Vapefiend the 'Easy Flow' type.. It a good idea but not properly thought out imo.. You ALWAYS need to lift by the glass.. If you lift by the Black body the glass will fall out and break lol .. Mine lasted one day till i forgot picked the lid up and the glass fell out as it is not a snug fit.. It also hot glass if you lift by the glass lol

zippy,

Carlos8400

Ditch the capsules, fill the oven nice and somewhat tight, start at 195c (383F), when vapour production goes down, double click the on button, which will set it in boost mode 210c (410F).
Couple puffs on boost mode should leave you with evenly brown herbs.

Doing this i get big hits and nice darkish brown AVB, without faffing with the temp too much.

Last edited:

cloudsosmoke

i wonder if @Ratchett 's new hard plastic machine could make a better version of easy flow adapter

re screen cleaning
cant confirm but
someone posted about just bending screen down over the bump in the middle
at the bottom of the bowl - its then supposed to fall out

..im such a lazy stoner i havent tested it myself yet

cloudsosmoke,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Got the wpa on the list, any other accessories that might be useful ?
Get a stand for Mighty. Delta3d (@Ratchett makes nice stuff!) has an inexpensive one, 3d printed in assorted colors. I got the 'glow in the dark'.

It can depend a lot on the herb itself. Good and dry is better.
Also, after first temp is reached, let it simmer (heat soak, I think some call it) for another minute before your first hit.
Maybe try going straight to higher temperatures without stepping? But you should be getting some satisfying hits at the 365...

vaporist4LIFE

Get a stand for Mighty. Delta3d (@Ratchett makes nice stuff!) has an inexpensive one, 3d printed in assorted colors. I got the 'glow in the dark'.

It can depend a lot on the herb itself. Good and dry is better.
Also, after first temp is reached, let it simmer (heat soak, I think some call it) for another minute before your first hit.
Maybe try going straight to higher temperatures without stepping? But you should be getting some satisfying hits at the 365...
It sits by itself with the pick/plastic sitting tool inserted backwards ? Anyone know what tbh e standard shipping is like on S&B website ? 2nd day air isn't much more , I'm guessing ups if they are using phrases like 2nd day air

vaporist4LIFE,

tonuzzi

Spoon Dogg
It does, but not very well.
Mine has a broken housing piece thanks to a simple face-plant type fall on a table. If you want it to stand up, a stand will be indispensable.
Enjoy!

My housing broke after 6 months of normal use and I babied it as I do with all my vapes. A simple face-plant type fall on a table chipped my top where the Cooling unit and the heating chamber screw together. I wasn't impressed!

Vaporcussion

ts packed pretty firm, but i could try tamping it down more. and yes ive experimented with putting a screen under the top of the dosing cap when i dont fill it all of the way. What is the best draw technique? I also have a Da Buddha and Arizer Solo for comparison.

The Mighty doesn't require any specific technique, it just works! Not sure what the problem is...

biohacker

The Mighty doesn't require any specific technique, it just works! Not sure what the problem is...

You must have missed some of the comments above. The problem IMO is the dosing capsule. However, as mentioned load size, density, temperature all play a factor. Performance isn't the same with the capsules.. for massive clouds, full bowl slightly tamped, finer grind, and upper temps is the way to go....and hit it hard!

A question for anyone who recently ordered a mighty from puffitup. Do they come with capsules ?

Good question, I was under the impression that only the Mighty Medic came with the capsules, but perhaps things have changed.

biohacker,
Top Bottom